PDA

View Full Version : Mav TV Plus - Monday

LM1M
01-31-2022, 08:21 PM
Just before the feature started the website crashed, am able to watch on the app but the site is still down when you click on the Live Events link to watch Monday's feature live.

HoosierDirtFan
01-31-2022, 08:35 PM
I got the race to come up with about 12 laps to go. Good Finish.

CornSmoker
01-31-2022, 08:42 PM
Went down on Lap 2 of feature . Came back after feature to watch interviews. 502 Bad Gateway. WHAT CRAP BY LUCAS OIL !!!

intel8
01-31-2022, 08:53 PM
Locked up early in the race, refreshed, missed only a couple laps, then all good. Great finish, congrats to T Mac.

TerryM
01-31-2022, 08:59 PM
We got an error message just as the four wide salute was lining up. Exited the app for five seconds and went back in in time to catch the end of the four wide salute. Otherwise, no issues all night. Good race, and great finish.

drich24
01-31-2022, 09:10 PM
I use the app on an iPad, an iPhone, and an AppleTV with Xfinity wifi/internet. The MavPlus streams have worked virtually flawless this year and mostly last year, too.

I took my dog for a walk in 25 degree temp tonight and watched the heats on the walk the whole time via Verizon with no problems.

Not sure what you are all using, but the Apple stuff works great.

Not sure

Tireguy17
01-31-2022, 09:13 PM
Is everyone having all these issues using the website only? I strictly use my iPhone, Fire Stick and Roku with very few issues in the years I have been a subscriber. I don’t understand with the cheap cost for a Roku that anyone uses a computer and website route anymore.

ZERO25
01-31-2022, 09:28 PM
We got an error message just as the four wide salute was lining up. Exited the app for five seconds and went back in in time to catch the end of the four wide salute. Otherwise, no issues all night. Good race, and great finish.

Same here!

BABBSTER18
02-01-2022, 05:35 AM
Mine crashed also! Switched over to the app on my phone.. BS!!

kidrock
02-01-2022, 05:53 AM
Tireguy I have 32in tv setup with my PC and have used this setup for a few years now with no problems with other streaming services. I mean if MAVTV told me their platform doesn't work with pc's I would cancel my subscription. I wouldn't pissed off because, it would be my choice but, I haven't been told that as of today and it works until it's the yearly subscription required for the event which I have had for years now. They have been working with me get it resolved. I won't know if it's working until the next yearly subscription is required.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-01-2022, 06:11 AM
I lost it going green. I got it back with 1.5 laps to go. I wasn't impressed.

TDRacin®
02-01-2022, 05:30 PM
Sometimes you are forced to use a PC. My gf doesn't go to bed until after the races start so she has control of the TV until then. That means I have to resort to my phone since their website is chit.

TTS_JF
02-02-2022, 09:32 AM
I lost it night 1 using my pc, and lost it for a few minutes last night as well. This is the first time I've had problems since the change over to Mav. The problem I don't understand is being logged in right up until the races start, and then you lose the connection to bad gateway like others have said.

RayCook53fan
02-02-2022, 09:46 AM
I have watched Monday and Tuesday night both on the Roku app, and have not had a single problem, besides I had to refresh one time on Monday, but even then it came right back on.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-02-2022, 10:07 AM
Same here. Never an issue on PC until last 2 nights. I switched to app on TV and no issues.

dirtSLMracing
02-02-2022, 10:22 AM
Was there a disclaimer on the MatTV Plus signup page saying a Roku is recommended for service?

TDRacin®
02-02-2022, 05:25 PM
Was there a disclaimer on the MatTV Plus signup page saying a Roku is recommended for service?

It's any device similar to Roku (Firestick, AppleTV, whatever). Their website is what is junk.

ZERO25
02-02-2022, 07:02 PM
I thought the "Gateway bad" was related to your wi-fi......no?

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-02-2022, 08:29 PM

Can be, I guess. Sure isn't when I saw it last couple nights

TDRacin®
02-03-2022, 08:05 AM

This is what a "Gateway 502" error is (which is what we get when it times out on the website)-

A 502 Bad Gateway Error means that the web server you've connected to is acting as a proxy for relaying information from another server, but it has gotten a bad response from that other server. It's called a 502 error because that's the HTTP status code that the webserver uses to describe that kind of error.

So basically, whatever server they are using isn't transmitting the data it is receiving from the track. Apparently the app uses a different hosting server/network.

IL LM Fan
02-03-2022, 08:22 AM
I wasn't even using Wi-fi. Two different Hardline Computers HDMI out to TV. While the web feed was down, I managed to get the feed through the phone app and wi-fi, and use screen mirroring to TV.

TDRacin®
02-03-2022, 08:41 AM
I wasn't even using Wi-fi. Two different Hardline Computers HDMI out to TV. While the web feed was down, I managed to get the feed through the phone app and wi-fi, and use screen mirroring to TV.

The issue has nothing to do with wifi. Rebooting, hardwiring will do nothing. It's an app vs. website issue. They use two different networks apparently. The app works way more reliably than the website.

buster83
02-05-2022, 12:33 AM
if you are running a vpn you have to disconnect it or it will boog things down.