PDA

View Full Version : Spreadsheet Racing

RacerX10
02-02-2022, 09:45 AM
Getting back on the track after a few (quite a few) years away. Don't have spring smasher, currently researching a DIY rig. Looks easy enough.

It seems like I should be able to at least get theoretical smash numbers out of a spreadsheet, but I've never actually operated a spring smasher before so there may be something I'm missing.

Any thoughts / ideas / suggestions / links to existing stuff ?

Thanks !

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-02-2022, 10:06 AM
Getting back on the track after a few (quite a few) years away. Don't have spring smasher, currently researching a DIY rig. Looks easy enough.

It seems like I should be able to at least get theoretical smash numbers out of a spreadsheet, but I've never actually operated a spring smasher before so there may be something I'm missing.

Any thoughts / ideas / suggestions / links to existing stuff ?

Thanks !

If a bumpstop isn't a part of the calculation, you can do pretty good with calculations.

RacerX10
02-02-2022, 10:47 AM
If a bumpstop isn't a part of the calculation, you can do pretty good with calculations.

thanks mastersbilt .. good to know that i'm at least on the right track with my thinking here. i will have a bump spring at one corner, but i'll worry about that another day. right now just want to be able to ballpark where i'm at.

Punisher88
02-02-2022, 11:34 AM
Springrithm has a nice app that allows you to enter alot of info. I haven't tested it against a smasher. But I did download it. Cost 100 bucks I believe. Notice rhythm is spelled incorrectly as it will be in the app store.