PDA

View Full Version : Screven Announcer

ride height
02-05-2022, 06:42 PM
The fam is watching some races on FLO from somewhere in Georgia?? The announcer is very entertaining and we love him. We’re not from the south so maybe that’s the charm of it. Very different….if you read this we think your great sir. Whoever you are.

jlacey
02-05-2022, 06:58 PM
I haven't been to Screven since 2016 and don't know if it's the same announcer from then or not. Me being from Maryland I didn't know any of the locals in the lower divisions, but he did a good job of letting us know who everyone was. Didn't try to blow through the lineups while the field is coming to green, and you could tell he was having a blast calling the FWD B-mains.

TDRacin®
02-05-2022, 07:32 PM
I ran into him at Eldora last year. Got a selfie with him. His name is Dewayne Keith. A good dude!

dirtcrazy4u
02-05-2022, 08:45 PM
Just another screamer.

dukeup98
02-05-2022, 08:57 PM
Sounds better with the sound off 😂🤦(not a nice word)♂️ Stop hollering

ride height
02-05-2022, 09:04 PM
What? We think he’s a riot. “The slider from hell”. I spit my drink on that one. We love him.

zyoung25
02-05-2022, 09:15 PM
He is probably a bit too much for most. You never know what he is going to say, I enjoy his enthusiasm.

JabberJaws83
02-05-2022, 09:23 PM
My ears are bleeding.

John Boy
02-06-2022, 08:11 AM
I like the racing to speak for itself. Dwayne yells way too much. He needs to put a seat belt on and calm down.

Rajflyboy
02-06-2022, 08:16 AM
I think Dwayne is excellent. I don’t come to a race to listen to paint dry

3 wide
02-06-2022, 08:17 AM
I think he is terrible and he don't know a lot about racing if I had a SAS race scheduled I would tell them he could not announce.

Rajflyboy
02-06-2022, 08:18 AM
I think he is terrible and he don't know a lot about racing if I had a SAS race scheduled I would tell them he could not announce.So.. you want to listen to paint dry?

Rajflyboy
02-06-2022, 08:23 AM
https://www.facebook.com/SouthernAllStarDirtRacingSeries/

Rajflyboy
02-06-2022, 08:25 AM
Ross Bailes is pushing P (love it)

BTExpress
02-06-2022, 08:38 AM
I heard him a few times last season while watching on Flo. At first I thought I never heard an announcer get so excited over "Time Trials and Heat Races".....but he has actually grown on me. No one can accuse him of not being enthusiastic behind the Mic.....just sayin'

Rajflyboy
02-06-2022, 08:50 AM
I heard him a few times last season while watching on Flo. At first I thought I never heard an announcer get so excited over "Time Trials and Heat Races".....but he has actually grown on me. No one can accuse him of not being enthusiastic behind the Mic.....just sayin'Exactly what I’m thinking

3 wide
02-06-2022, 09:00 AM
So.. you want to listen to paint dry?No I like to listen to somebody that knows something about racing if I'm at the races I don't need an announcer.

white32
02-06-2022, 09:33 AM
Glad I have a mute button.

Rajflyboy
02-06-2022, 09:46 AM
No I like to listen to somebody that knows something about racing if I'm at the races I don't need an announcer.He may know more than you?

CIRF
02-06-2022, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by flyopenboy

I think Dwayne is excellent. I don’t come to a race to listen to paint dry

This statement coming from someone who repeatedly makes it humorously obvious they do not possess the intellectual capacity to comprehend the difference between racing and paint drying.

Rajflyboy
02-06-2022, 10:04 AM
This statement coming from someone who repeatedly makes it humorously obvious they do not possess the intellectual capacity to comprehend the difference between racing and paint drying.That’s actually u (Mr Tumblebuggy). Lucas oil and WOO late model series both have it right. Great competitive racing with great announcing and good payouts for the winners.

dirtSLMracing
02-06-2022, 10:20 AM
So what does drying paint sound like?

CIRF
02-06-2022, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by flyopenboy

That’s actually u (Mr Tumblebuggy). Lucas oil and WOO late model series both have it right. Great competitive racing with great announcing and good payouts for the winners.You're the one who made the analogy, not me. I merely pointed out your obvious intellectual deficiencies.

Originally posted by dirtSLMracing

So what does drying paint sound like?

I was wondering the same thing, dirtSLMracing.

DownNDirty
02-06-2022, 11:17 AM
I've done radio as a hobby for 22 years. I've been a DJ, do sports, and have even done a bit of track announcing a loooong time ago. Everyone has their own styles and if you haven't ever actually been on the mic it's a lot different than just armchair quarterbacking things.

Saying that, I did listen to some of the race last night and I know the SAS announcers style. I know it's not for everyone. At least he's excited and into what he does. He has great enthusiasm. If I had ONE piece of constructive criticism for him it would be this. I heard him mention his haters online a couple of times and it really seemed that after he mentioned that he turned it up about 10 more notches probably just to jab at them.

Never let your personal feelings get in the way of just doing the job. Don't worry about other people and just do the best you can. But I wouldn't "twist" that knife after it's already in. Just my opinion. I know doing sports the main thing is to get whatever I'm calling through to my listening audience. To make sure they are informed of what's going on and highlight the sport/players. Not trying to get myself over with other people.

I'm just spitballing. I would rather see someone with more enthusiasm than someone that is uninterested in what they are watching. I'd just not worry so much about the "haters" and just do what you do. And especially not turn it up several notches just to irritate them more. At the end of the day it's about the product.

John Boy
02-06-2022, 11:28 AM
Hey Flypaper, I'm pretty sure you don't go to any races considering the idiotic statements you make. You just throw stuff out there to see what sticks. You really don't make any sense. PLEASE STOP!!!

Rajflyboy
02-06-2022, 12:01 PM
Hey Flypaper, I'm pretty sure you don't go to any races considering the idiotic statements you make. You just throw stuff out there to see what sticks. You really don't make any sense. PLEASE STOP!!!I go to a good amount near home. I don’t travel much though further away. I like an exciting race and an exciting announcer and yep I don’t go to a race to watch or hear paint dry. I want some excitement.

John Boy
02-06-2022, 12:08 PM
Well then Flypaper, what track do you frequent, and tell me what classes they run.

JimBo
02-06-2022, 04:23 PM
I’ll say this for him. He certainly gets excited. Even though he is a screamer he is very entertaining.

zer018
02-06-2022, 04:59 PM
I've done radio as a hobby for 22 years. I've been a DJ, do sports, and have even done a bit of track announcing a loooong time ago. Everyone has their own styles and if you haven't ever actually been on the mic it's a lot different than just armchair quarterbacking things.

Saying that, I did listen to some of the race last night and I know the SAS announcers style. I know it's not for everyone. At least he's excited and into what he does. He has great enthusiasm. If I had ONE piece of constructive criticism for him it would be this. I heard him mention his haters online a couple of times and it really seemed that after he mentioned that he turned it up about 10 more notches probably just to jab at them.

Never let your personal feelings get in the way of just doing the job. Don't worry about other people and just do the best you can. But I wouldn't "twist" that knife after it's already in. Just my opinion. I know doing sports the main thing is to get whatever I'm calling through to my listening audience. To make sure they are informed of what's going on and highlight the sport/players. Not trying to get myself over with other people.

I'm just spitballing. I would rather see someone with more enthusiasm than someone that is uninterested in what they are watching. I'd just not worry so much about the "haters" and just do what you do. And especially not turn it up several notches just to irritate them more. At the end of the day it's about the product.

Speaking of knives, when I turned the race on, I thought someone was getting stabbed or going into labor!

Raceready
02-06-2022, 05:52 PM
Speaking of knives, when I turned the race on, I thought someone was getting stabbed or going into labor!Some of those announcers sound like they are having an Orgasm over a middle of the pack pass ...

Rajflyboy
02-06-2022, 06:11 PM
Well then Flypaper, what track do you frequent, and tell me what classes they run.That’s already been hashed out here.

Rajflyboy
02-06-2022, 06:12 PM
I've done radio as a hobby for 22 years. I've been a DJ, do sports, and have even done a bit of track announcing a loooong time ago. Everyone has their own styles and if you haven't ever actually been on the mic it's a lot different than just armchair quarterbacking things. Saying that, I did listen to some of the race last night and I know the SAS announcers style. I know it's not for everyone. At least he's excited and into what he does. He has great enthusiasm. If I had ONE piece of constructive criticism for him it would be this. I heard him mention his haters online a couple of times and it really seemed that after he mentioned that he turned it up about 10 more notches probably just to jab at them. Never let your personal feelings get in the way of just doing the job. Don't worry about other people and just do the best you can. But I wouldn't "twist" that knife after it's already in. Just my opinion. I know doing sports the main thing is to get whatever I'm calling through to my listening audience. To make sure they are informed of what's going on and highlight the sport/players. Not trying to get myself over with other people. I'm just spitballing. I would rather see someone with more enthusiasm than someone that is uninterested in what they are watching. I'd just not worry so much about the "haters" and just do what you do. And especially not turn it up several notches just to irritate them more. At the end of the day it's about the product.Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences from someone who is in the business of announcing 👍

ZERO25
02-06-2022, 07:24 PM
While im from the south and like all his southern anecdotes, his volume is wayyyyy over the top!

dirty-white-boy
02-09-2022, 11:56 AM
I watched a clip from the compact race on Youtube. At one point he said the lead pack was rolled up tighter than a joint. Thats funny!

I agree with most about why do all these guys have to scream. That does get old. But then again so does Bob and James talk about a great race for the lead that is separated by 6 car lengths. Or when they talk about a great battle for 3rd while the camera is on the leader that has a 4 second lead..

Its almost as bad as listening to a WOO race where even the driver that showed up for his first race that evening has a nickname already.

Raceready
02-09-2022, 12:18 PM
Speaking of knives, when I turned the race on, I thought someone was getting stabbed or going into labor!That sounds like nascar when Dale Sr. was still running. Announcers kept yelling " Here comes Earnhardt , Here comes Earnhardt " even when he was back mid pack ! !

ride height
02-09-2022, 03:20 PM
Well I didn’t say he was the best ever…I was implying we enjoyed the heck out of it. We never heard him before. We laughed our butts off at some of his analogies. Very different. Fun. We’re paying customers on Flo, so….Flo….this family give him an A + .for whatever that’s worth.

Barbecueboy
02-09-2022, 06:06 PM
He may know more than you?

He knows more than folks give him credit for…….