PDA

View Full Version : Tracks for Speedweeks have been junk so far.

EDERDS
02-07-2022, 09:16 PM
Terribly slick and one lane.

Big Daddy 37
02-07-2022, 09:43 PM
Terribly slick and one lane.

I remember my first beer, too...

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-07-2022, 09:44 PM
GIS was ok. Night 2 All tech was anything but 1 lane.

bleedblue55
02-07-2022, 09:49 PM
East Bay was black in hot laps, pi$$ poor track prep. Usually the early week races are the best because of the moisture. Supposed to rain tomorrow, look for Wed and Thur to be the best racing.

TerryM
02-07-2022, 09:51 PM
Overton was going to win tonight, on the outside. That’s what I love most about his driving style. He gave the lead away by trying something no one else thought was possible, and then was going to win the race by seeing what no one else could see. I’ve seen him do this exact same thing on several different one lane tracks down here. He’s awesome. Not all tracks are as bad as they appear. Most of the racing has been pretty good so far, IMO.

Spanky44
02-07-2022, 10:14 PM
East Bay was black in hot laps, pi$$ poor track prep. Usually the early week races are the best because of the moisture. Supposed to rain tomorrow, look for Wed and Thur to be the best racing.

Wanna bet.. It just rained from Saturday night through Sunday morning. Look at the track the next day.

Raceready
02-07-2022, 10:59 PM
What was it ? 5 DNFs ? That don't seem much of nothing compared to what you might get in the North in their early season races where the cars are knocking the nose pieces off and breaking suspension parts off at the rate where half the fields cant even finish a 25 lapper. Normally frost break up is the determining factor there.

Bigdirtfan
02-07-2022, 11:27 PM
Feature tonight at eastbay was alright i thought. They worked on the track alot at intermission.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-07-2022, 11:35 PM
Feature tonight at eastbay was alright i thought. They worked on the track alot at intermission.

They did a lot of work, but didn't get much results for their efforts. They didn't get enough cut on the bottom to do much.

dirtcrazy4u
02-08-2022, 05:16 AM
I was surprised to see the track the way it was early on. On to the next night, they'll get it figured out I'm sure.

bleedblue55
02-08-2022, 05:54 AM
Wanna bet.. It just rained from Saturday night through Sunday morning. Look at the track the next day.

They ran the crate feature and Lucas practice on Sunday afternoon and evening. Anybody with half a brain could tell they did very little track prep for Monday night.

Tireguy17
02-08-2022, 06:15 AM
Nick Hoffman has a Twitter video from Volusia yesterday, really soft from the rain the ocean side has gotten.

zyoung25
02-08-2022, 06:24 AM
I think they were counting on the high tide to help them out, and it didn't. The track has looked really good for the crate and mod races.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-08-2022, 06:29 AM
Nick Hoffman has a Twitter video from Volusia yesterday, really soft from the rain the ocean side has gotten.

Volusia got hammered, Tampa got next to nothing. Volusia has also been a mess for a good month now. That video isn't encouraging.

Highside Hustler25
02-08-2022, 07:39 AM
Seeing what no one else could see? I seen him push it to hard and stuffed it into the wall but then again, I wear contacts.

zyoung25
02-08-2022, 08:12 AM
Seeing what no one else could see? I seen him push it to hard and stuffed it into the wall but then again, I wear contacts.

There wasn't nothing else to see. His car couldn't stick the bottom, and he got beat. When the track gets like that, it's basically like racing in the rubber. Clanton said it was like powder outside of the bottom grove. The only reason Overton was able to hang with Erb and Oneal running out there, was because he could carry more momentum down the straights beacuse they wasn't as crumby.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-08-2022, 08:34 AM
Terry,

Overton gave the lead away by failing to do well, what the guys behind him were doing. That is, hold the bottom. No way he was going to win. The margin for error in that upper groove was zero. No one could steer the middle out there.

bleedblue55
02-08-2022, 08:37 AM
Looks like they're going to get plenty of moisture today via Mother Nature

Spanky44
02-08-2022, 11:34 AM
that track is packed so hard from what like 20 nights of racing already in a row?

riddle28
02-08-2022, 12:11 PM
Terry,

Overton gave the lead away by failing to do well, what the guys behind him were doing. That is, hold the bottom. No way he was going to win. The margin for error in that upper groove was zero. No one could steer the middle out there.

overton was half second faster than erb the lap before he fenced it, i wouldnt say no way he was going to win. take the blinders off

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-08-2022, 12:44 PM
overton was half second faster than erb the lap before he fenced it, i wouldnt say no way he was going to win. take the blinders off

I like overton. His lap times were going to be all over the place up there. It wasn't happening. Erbs last lap was within thousandths of that Overton lap. He was just doing as little as possible rolling the bottom.

TS FAN
02-08-2022, 02:05 PM
Only thing I disagree with is that only someone like Overton would try the top side. I can name several drivers who have done the exact same thing Overton tried last night. He is certainly a good driver but his car couldn't hold the bottom even though it was probably the best car out there.

He really had no choice if he wanted to win. I also believe he is not running for the points, so it only made sense to give the outside a shot. IMO at this present time, Overton and even Sheppard could care less rather they run 3rd or 10th etc if they are not going to win.

Raceready
02-10-2022, 05:23 AM
I see there were double the amount of DNFs compared to the first race at E BAY . Was the track rougher last night ?

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-10-2022, 05:26 AM
I see there were double the amount of DNFs compared to the first race at E BAY . Was the track rougher last night ?

It was a little rougher. More dnf mostly due to more laps and more crashing because it was so slick.

Raceready
02-10-2022, 05:42 AM
It was a little rougher. More dnf mostly due to more laps and more crashing because it was so slick.Thank you !

raburke23
02-10-2022, 10:03 AM
Doesn't it seem like the top groove at EB has really flattened out and missing that banking 'edge' that used to produce a great outside groove?

JimBo
02-10-2022, 10:18 AM
Doesn't it seem like the top groove at EB has really flattened out and missing that banking 'edge' that used to produce a great outside groove?

I was thinking the same thing as I watched the race last night.

Highside Hustler25
02-10-2022, 01:25 PM
Them Longhorns are dominating in the slick 🤭