PDA

View Full Version : Integra IDA gas pressure / spring smasher

RacerX10
02-08-2022, 02:21 PM
Integra IDA, do we think it matters much (if any at all what) the gas pressure on the shock is when it goes in a spring smasher? I need to smash some springs but I don't have the bottle to charge my shocks yet.

TheJet-09
02-08-2022, 02:38 PM
Great question that I've wonderd myself...at least in what others do. I think it matters to an extent as I've seen the gas pressure add 15-20 lbs. (if I recall correctly). I've smashed them with the shraders removed, but more often than not just leave the pressures as is.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-08-2022, 05:14 PM
Great question that I've wonderd myself...at least in what others do. I think it matters to an extent as I've seen the gas pressure add 15-20 lbs. (if I recall correctly). I've smashed them with the shraders removed, but more often than not just leave the pressures as is.

Running them in an auto machine, versus stopping at a length, will have a bigger impact than worrying about the rod pressure. If you can tell 25# difference at say 3", you are better than I.

CCHIEF
03-10-2022, 06:41 PM
You likely only have an IDA on the RR, smash away and touch it up a turn... as needed, when you get your nitro.

Lizardracing
03-11-2022, 10:36 AM
I use air pressure for the testing and when you get a N20 bottle, flush it twice and call it good.