PDA

View Full Version : HANS type device ?

RacerX10
02-11-2022, 08:12 AM
anybody have thoughts or suggestions on a head and neck restraint? seems like they are quite a few different brands out there now at many different price points.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-11-2022, 08:53 AM
I'm interested too. I'd get the cheapest one you can stand to wear from comfort standpoint.

RacerX10
02-11-2022, 09:20 AM
I'm interested too. I'd get the cheapest one you can stand to wear from comfort standpoint.

I'm looking at a Zamp brand device, price is reasonable and looks to be very adjustable for comfort.

over4T
02-11-2022, 10:03 AM
I tried a Zamp a couple of years ago, mainly because of the price. Very light and adjustable but the screws that did the adjusting didn't function very well and some were cross threaded from the manufacturer. Also was very uncomfortable but they may just be me being an old goat. Really wanted to like it and I applaud Zamp for coming up with something that doesn't break the bank but sent it back.

My boy uses a Nex Gen Rev and he loves it and says he doesn't feel as confined with it as he did with the Simpson Hybred he tried.

I agree with MBR, Find something that is comfortable to you and bite the bullet.

cjsracing
02-11-2022, 10:23 AM
I love my Defender unfortunately I don't think they make them anymore.

Punisher88
02-11-2022, 11:30 AM
I have a hybrid and love it. I haven't had an issue with feeling confined like was stated above.

TheJet-09
02-11-2022, 03:14 PM
I also use the Simpson Hybrid, but it's the only one I've owned so I can't compare. But like me, if you're new to the whole containment seat/HANS device era, it takes some getting used to (I grew up with the old rubber donut around the neck thing). They feel very restrictive at first, but once used to them, I wouldn't race without them.

RacerX10
02-14-2022, 02:17 PM
I also use the Simpson Hybrid, but it's the only one I've owned so I can't compare. But like me, if you're new to the whole containment seat/HANS device era, it takes some getting used to (I grew up with the old rubber donut around the neck thing). They feel very restrictive at first, but once used to them, I wouldn't race without them.

good to know. i'm very much a foam-donut kinda guy too. will be interesting to see how it goes.

JustAddDirt
02-15-2022, 03:55 PM
I have used the original HANS device since 2007.
Tried a NexGen Rev2 Lite 1 time and not real fond of it.
I just felt the NexGen wasn't as secure on my shoulders as the HANS. I felt like it moved around more.
I am going to give the NexGen another shot, to see if I can adjust.
Thinking of sending the HANs to get recertified and selling the NexGen.
But, I am old and set in my ways I guess.