PDA

View Full Version : Cla Knight Looks to Carry 2021 Season Momentum into 2022 Campaign

Ben Shelton
02-22-2022, 10:30 AM
Cla Knight Looks to Carry 2021 Season Momentum into 2022 Campaign
Lavonia Speedway Drydene Xtreme Double Dip on Deck this Weekend

North Augusta, South Carolina (02/22/22) – On the heels of a breakout season in 2021 Cla Knight is eagerly anticipating a successful 2022 campaign. The South Carolina driver claimed both the ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series Championship and Rookie of the Year title last season.

Now he’s gearing up for his most aggressive slated to date this year aboard his E-Z-GO / Allstar Concrete No. 42 Augusta Aquatics / M&W Transport / Behrents Performance Warehouse / Longhorn Chassis / Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model.

“We accomplished all of our goals and more in 2021, and now we’re looking to take that momentum and everything that we learned and hit the ground running this year,” Knight said. “While we’ve made the switch to Longhorn Race Cars this season, I want to say a very special thank you to Barry Wright and everyone at Barry Wright Race Cars for their great support over the past few seasons. With this new Longhorn I’d like to thank ‘Skinny’ Greg Martin for going through the car and making sure we we’re ready to rock this season.

“I’m also very thankful for all of the great marketing partners we have. Last year we added the awesome folks at Allstar Concrete to the team, and this year we’ve added Chris Davis at Midwest Sheet Metal as well as Jerico Performance Parts. It’s an exciting time for our team, and we’re ready to get after it.”

Cla opened his 2022 season on February 5 at Screven Motor Speedway during the annual Winter Freeze, where he finished seventh in the $10,000-to-win Southern All Star (SAS) Super Late Model event.

Now the team has its sights set on a Drydene Xtreme DIRTcar Series doubleheader this weekend at Lavonia (Ga.) Speedway. The action includes $5,000-to-win programs each night.

“We’re looking forward to two nights at Lavonia as we continue to shake the new car down. This season we aren’t chasing points, we are just going to pick and choose a variety of national and regional events as I focus on getting more seat time at new places,” Knight noted. “It’s no doubt going to be a year of challenges, but I’m ready for what lies ahead.”

For more information on this week’s events, please visit www.XtremeDIRTcar.com .

Cla Knight Racing would like to say a very special “thank you” to the following sponsors for their continued support: Augusta Aquatics, M&W Transport, E-Z Go Golf Carts, Allstar Concrete, Town & Country Packing, Jerico Performance Products, Midwest Sheet Metal, Clements Racing Engines, Longhorn Race Cars, KAR House Racing Radiators, Maxxis Kart Racing, Behrents Performance Warehouse, Penske Racing Shocks, Top Notch Kustom Koncepts, Buzze Racing, Hoosier Tire South, Schaeffer Oil, Earnhardt Technologies Group, Hooker Harness, Peterson Fluid Systems, Cole Perkins Media, Isky Racing Cams, The Joie of Seating, VP Racing Fuels, Brian’s Kustom Paint, FK Rod Ends, Schoenfeld Headers, and MyRacePass Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Cla Knight Racing, please visit www.ClaKnight.com as well the team’s social media channels at http://www.facebook.com/ClaKnightRacing and http://twitter.com/ClaKnightRacing .

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)