PDA

View Full Version : XR Super Series?

klemmabyna
03-17-2022, 08:22 PM
maybe because i've seen this movie before, but why can't i get more excited about this mega money new series?

guess maybe i'll wait and see who is actually is involved and who is writing the checks since there seems to be little information.

Rajflyboy
03-18-2022, 04:53 AM
Mo racing and mo money = me happy

John Boy
03-18-2022, 06:12 AM
Hey flypaper, are you simple or just straight up mentally challenged? Asking for everyone on this site.

Dirt Clod
03-18-2022, 08:07 AM
Fly on the wall offers such riveting comments. He certainly enlightens us all with his hard hitting replies.

BTExpress
03-18-2022, 08:28 AM
Klemmabyna, I am with you. Unlike the WOOLM or LOLMS, there is not a lot of information or publicity coming from the XR camp, so it is hard to get excited on my end. The other thing is I do not think I will be able to watch any of the XR races this year. I already subscribe to Flo and Dirtvision and can not justify to subscribing to XR financially, at least for now, without knowing what kind of product will be on the track in terms of teams following the series etc.

Pennsboro32
03-18-2022, 08:35 AM
XR also don't allow any other outfits to show their highlights the next day which seems odd to me. The only way of seeing their stuff is through their PPV which limits their exposure to fans maybe wanting to see their stuff before they purchase PPV.

zyoung25
03-18-2022, 08:38 AM
maybe because i've seen this movie before, but why can't i get more excited about this mega money new series?

guess maybe i'll wait and see who is actually is involved and who is writing the checks since there seems to be little information.

Pay structures are similar to any other higher paying race we already have. They came in swinging big (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) like they were going out pay Lucas and the outlaws, and we're basically going to crush them by taking away their drivers. They will not accomplish that with the pay structures that they have now.

That's just my opinion. That may not be the way it way it was meant to be.

LM1
03-18-2022, 09:08 AM
Agreed with Pennsboro - I am guessing there's a reason for it but they seem to some hostility towards DoD/Flo, which definitely limits their exposure and prevents it from becoming a mainstream series to me. DoD does report on their news, but its definitely not a 2 way street. Not allowing the single greatest news source in the sport access to your races seems amateur to me.

Raceready
03-18-2022, 02:04 PM
Mo racing and mo money = me happyA good thought there ! ! I believe that it should keep everyone happy ! !

Rajflyboy
03-18-2022, 04:24 PM
Not hard to figure out. Teams need money. Especially now

Rajflyboy
03-18-2022, 06:12 PM
Hey flypaper, are you simple or just straight up mentally challenged? Asking for everyone on this site.Alright genius go ahead and explain to me how more big money races is going to hurt the sport.

cooter71
03-18-2022, 07:49 PM
They wrote a lot of good checks last year at Bristol and will again this year. I’m excited for thr CHARLOTTE events. I’m doing the second weekend of Bristol this year it was fun last year. ENJOY THE RIDE

dynotimeonly
03-19-2022, 04:19 AM
At some point here REAL soon alot of people are going to have a SERIOUS wake up call here! You think all this "big money" is gonna save the sport? They're litterly crushing the Saturday night tracks trying to survive with fewer asses in the stands as ever. The smaller "Saturday night" tracks are what got the sport where it is now.
Secondly, These Dolly Parton purses are doing WAY more harm than good. What's more important?? Team "A" earning a half million dollars? OR, the big money up front get's spread out thru the field so you have great car counts? You'd better start considering that REAL soon! With the costs going thru the roof for everything you'd better start taking care of EVERYONE. Not just the few remaining hot shots that can afford to bounce around cherry picking.

Rajflyboy
03-19-2022, 05:04 AM
The local tracks are mostly running crates. Very few run supers on a weekly basis. Weekly tracks are scheduling around big events in their area. Watch Scott Bloomquist interviews. He always says the big payouts are what kept him in business.

Barbecueboy
03-19-2022, 10:41 AM
Dolly Parton purses……lol.

Highside Hustler25
03-19-2022, 11:18 AM
I can't see where the xr series is hurting local Sat. night racing. Pretty much anyone competing in the Super Late class would be at a Lucas or WoO event if this XR series didn't exist. I highly doubt anyone racing locally will attend these events.

Rajflyboy
03-19-2022, 01:20 PM
I can't see where the xr series is hurting local Sat. night racing. Pretty much anyone competing in the Super Late class would be at a Lucas or WoO event if this XR series didn't exist. I highly doubt anyone racing locally will attend these events.That’s what I see around North Carolina 👍

Rajflyboy
03-19-2022, 01:22 PM
There are a lot of geniuses on here (mostly with small wenuses)

Cleetus Motorsports
03-19-2022, 08:02 PM
There is definitely bad blood between Rigsby and Barry. If you notice anytime Rigsby does his podcast or one of the studio shows, he will never refer to Barry or XR, he will just say a "series'. On the podcast with Madden, he said there are a bunch of vultures out there who are scheduling over other races. No doubt this was a shot at Barry and XR. Also, back in January right before the chill bowl, I came upon a twitter chat thing where everyone go join the conversation and talk. Rigsby was on there and a few people tried to get him to say what he thinks about Barry and XR and he wouldn't bite. So look for this feud to continue on as the year goes.

Highside Hustler25
03-19-2022, 08:39 PM
Theirs no doubt that the XR series is a thorn in Lucas and WoO's behind.

Raceready
03-20-2022, 07:42 AM
Alright genius go ahead and explain to me how more big money races is going to hurt the sport. Why no answer ? Why no answer ? ?

chupp n bloomer fan
03-20-2022, 07:55 AM
There are a lot of geniuses on here (mostly with small wenuses)Heck, most on here were worried about your brain, now I’m wondering if we gotta get you in conversion therapy too:).

All worried about eggplants, bananas, and hot dogs.

zyoung25
03-20-2022, 02:34 PM
There are a lot of geniuses on here (mostly with small wenuses)

The thought that you are thinking about other men's private parts is kind of disturbing

Raceready
03-20-2022, 03:18 PM
There are a lot of geniuses on here (mostly with small wenuses)Speak for yourself ! !

Rajflyboy
03-20-2022, 03:28 PM
The thought that you are thinking about other men's private parts is kind of disturbingAnytime someone rips someone else it’s normally cause their junk is small 😜

Rajflyboy
03-20-2022, 03:29 PM
Why no answer ? Why no answer ? ?Cause they ain’t got nothin

dirty-white-boy
03-21-2022, 01:36 PM
At some point here REAL soon alot of people are going to have a SERIOUS wake up call here! You think all this "big money" is gonna save the sport? They're litterly crushing the Saturday night tracks trying to survive with fewer asses in the stands as ever. The smaller "Saturday night" tracks are what got the sport where it is now.
Secondly, These Dolly Parton purses are doing WAY more harm than good. What's more important?? Team "A" earning a half million dollars? OR, the big money up front get's spread out thru the field so you have great car counts? You'd better start considering that REAL soon! With the costs going thru the roof for everything you'd better start taking care of EVERYONE. Not just the few remaining hot shots that can afford to bounce around cherry picking.

4m post of the month so far!

dirty-white-boy
03-21-2022, 01:45 PM
I can't see where the xr series is hurting local Sat. night racing. Pretty much anyone competing in the Super Late class would be at a Lucas or WoO event if this XR series didn't exist. I highly doubt anyone racing locally will attend these events.

XR is making ALOT of cash off all the "Saturday Night Sh!tboxes" Just look at all the cars lining up with their Hornets to wave at mom in the stands as they drive the Bristol Highbanks! XR is making these people stars by featuring them in their Social Media posts. Its genius! These racers are taking vacations from work to be there and spend 2 months budget doing it.

So yea Hustler tell me how thats helping local racing? Good for XR. Lucas and WoO could have been doing this but they chose to remain stagnet over the past 15 years . Its in my experience that when Big Money comes to town we are left complaining about the "good ole days"

I like to use Nashville as an example. 10 years ago it was still a big town with a small town mom and pop vibe. Now all the real estate was bought up by big money and turned into mediocre 4 level bars with rooftop views serving $8 Yuelglings to batchelorette parties and people that have zero clue what good music sounds like.

Drop Shock
03-21-2022, 02:49 PM
The only part that hurts local Saturday night tracks is the fact that every major event in the country is available to be streamed. Why go to your local track when you can sit at home and stream 3-4 quality shows? And where is that money going? Racers should be getting their cut of that money, I know purses are going up but sit around and add up the math on how much more money a year these Series’ are taking in year now with the subscriptions, it’s crazy

3 wide
03-21-2022, 04:07 PM
If these Saturday night race tracks were ran right they would. Have business If they were run better they want to run 9 or 10 classes or run till 2am or both and then they wonder why they can't draw a crowd it ain't no mystery to me if they would pay something an put on a show they would have a crowd.

champion24
03-23-2022, 07:45 PM
You go to the local tracks because it's better in person! It's that simple!! Sights, smells, watching what & who you want, being your own director, interactions with other racing people, etc. You don't get that at home by yourself! As some who read this do, go whereever on Saturday night and watch the "streamed" races on Sunday. (though some still secretly watch Nascar too) You can fast forward, rewind, be "late model snobs" and skip the other classes, watch several races & "catch up" easily. By the way, Nascar has been pretty good this year!

Highside Hustler25
03-23-2022, 08:43 PM
Spot on champion24. Great post.

TerryM
03-23-2022, 09:41 PM
You go to the local tracks because it's better in person! It's that simple!! Sights, smells, watching what & who you want, being your own director, interactions with other racing people, etc. You don't get that at home by yourself! As some who read this do, go whereever on Saturday night and watch the "streamed" races on Sunday. (though some still secretly watch Nascar too) You can fast forward, rewind, be "late model snobs" and skip the other classes, watch several races & "catch up" easily. By the way, Nascar has been pretty good this year!
The problem we have is, none of our local tracks can get a show in before midnight, and we love super late models. Other than GIS’s Speedweeks event, we haven’t attended a local show in over two years.

As for NASCAR, it’s fantastic right now. The influx of talented young drivers over the past few years has been a real boost for the sport. We attended the Cup race Sunday at Atlanta and had a great time. The racing was awesome, the new cars are awesome, and that new AMS surface and configuration is perfection. Probably my favorite NASCAR track now. That sport is definitely back and you could feel it in the crowd all day.

TS FAN
03-24-2022, 08:03 AM
You are exactly right Terry M. I think Nascar is moving in the right direction but I usually don't say much about it because you get trashed. LOL
Nascar has a ton of young talent too. I have always supported it, but it is even better with the new car that producing new winners.

TerryM
03-25-2022, 07:18 AM
You are exactly right Terry M. I think Nascar is moving in the right direction but I usually don't say much about it because you get trashed. LOL
Nascar has a ton of young talent too. I have always supported it, but it is even better with the new car that producing new winners.
I’m fine with the snowflakes trashing me. They’re always trashing something. Whining about this, boycotting that. NASCAR is kicking ass right now. Definitely trending in the right direction. I wish I could say the same thing about the sport we gather here to discuss.

Raceready
03-25-2022, 08:11 AM
Now old Bad Krashalotski has been caught cheating to add to the excitement ! ! !

Rajflyboy
03-25-2022, 10:56 AM
Now old Bad Krashalotski has been caught cheating to add to the excitement ! ! !He didn’t really cheat. Painted the metal instead of using a wrap. Did the rules say “No Paint?Brilliant really if there is an aero advantage to that 👍

Raceready
03-25-2022, 12:36 PM
It sounds like somebody is nit-picking ? ?

Rajflyboy
03-25-2022, 01:46 PM
It sounds like somebody is nit-picking ? ?Hendrix wouldn’t have been penalized for this creativity

Raceready
03-25-2022, 08:37 PM
Probly not !