PDA

View Full Version : Engine mounting

ZERO25
03-30-2022, 07:32 PM
Some chassis manufacturers are claiming some gains in the mounting angles of the engine. Do you think thats just for crates or does it apply for supers too? Im in the middle of putting a car together and am considering have my machine shop make some angled spacers.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-30-2022, 08:33 PM
Some chassis manufacturers are claiming some gains in the mounting angles of the engine. Do you think thats just for crates or does it apply for supers too? Im in the middle of putting a car together and am considering have my machine shop make some angled spacers.

I don't want to get too far into it, but driveshaft angle matters. It matters from an energy scrub standpoint and for other reasons. There are cars out there where someone realized this.

fastford
03-31-2022, 10:56 AM
I don't want to get too far into it, but driveshaft angle matters. It matters from an energy scrub standpoint and for other reasons. There are cars out there where someone realized this.

so by doing this are you trying to achieve a strait shaft in the dynamic state ?

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-31-2022, 11:58 AM
so by doing this are you trying to achieve a strait shaft in the dynamic state ?

In general, yes. There's no one dynamic state and lots of things moving, but in general, the best you can.

fastford
03-31-2022, 12:52 PM
I agree , we have basically all ways lowered the rt rear , raised the left rear and dropped the rt frt to replicate the dynamic state as best we could with what we had and tried to align the shaft , figuring the lift bar location was what all ways got me .....

ZERO25
03-31-2022, 01:58 PM
Hendren made some comments how well the engine being close to level in the dynamic state, was significantly better for the crate engines!

fastford
03-31-2022, 04:47 PM
I guess thats because you cant use angled carb spacers on crates , but not sure ,

ZERO25
04-01-2022, 12:20 PM
CrateUSA rules state maximum 1" spacer, not sure how tall that angled spacer is!

cjsracing
04-01-2022, 08:16 PM
My car has the motor mounts angled