PDA

View Full Version : Longer left side bars

erm95
04-13-2022, 04:00 PM
Bought a car from a reputable racer, going through and check wheelbase at static and realize left side is trailed 2", find bars on left side are longer, before I call the racer and ask a silly question does trail at static sound normal?

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-13-2022, 07:28 PM
Bought a car from a reputable racer, going through and check wheelbase at static and realize left side is trailed 2", find bars on left side are longer, before I call the racer and ask a silly question does trail at static sound normal?

I've seen it done. Thought is more hike has more steer, so they cheat it a bit. That sounds pretty excessive though.

Lizardracing
04-14-2022, 03:58 PM
The LS wheel base is longer by 2" or just the bars are longer by 2" as in the chassis mounts are 2" forward?
It would help to know the brand of chassis as many guys are familiar with the popular ones.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-14-2022, 05:17 PM
The LS wheel base is longer by 2" or just the bars are longer by 2" as in the chassis mounts are 2" forward?
It would help to know the brand of chassis as many guys are familiar with the popular ones.

He did say "checking wheelbase and found lr trailed." Then I'm taking this led to him to search and find long bars. A few years back, there were some Rockets in my area that were maybe 3/4 or so under some conditions, best I could tell, but if the wheelbase is moved 2", that's pretty drastic.