PDA

View Full Version : Rf load

hunterracing
04-26-2022, 09:09 PM
How do you know when you have to much or not enough rf load? We’re on a 200lb spring 2 blue coil rubbers and blue bump
3inch is 1450 4 inch 2100 to 2200

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-27-2022, 10:28 AM
Same as the old days. Loose in, tight off.

hunterracing
04-27-2022, 10:29 AM
So if it’s tight in then you need bump the 3inch up to more load help turn in and if it’s loose take it away

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-27-2022, 12:22 PM
That's correct. I see that adjustment more for off corner adjustment though and your description just being a side affect of the exit adjustment.

hunterracing
04-27-2022, 01:42 PM
Ok thanks. Just trying understand it all and it adjust to many things at once

drgracer392
05-08-2022, 07:23 PM
masters, what would be a better adjustment for corner entry off throttle..?

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-09-2022, 06:22 AM
masters, what would be a better adjustment for corner entry off throttle..?

The least complicated is lf spring.

drgracer392
05-10-2022, 06:52 PM
525 to a 450, can't tell much difference, looking for other options to try next..?

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-12-2022, 10:50 AM
525 to a 450, can't tell much difference, looking for other options to try next..?

Compression on lr shocks, if car is losing lr height as you attempt to turn.

brett4
06-20-2022, 12:53 PM
how about if your to tight in on the gas???

billetbirdcage
06-20-2022, 03:14 PM
how about if your to tight in on the gas???

You treat it as exit (think I remember your in a crate), so you reduce the load to make the RF travel father and dewedge the car to loosen it (assuming you can change the RF only and not make an adjustment elsewhere)

ZERO25
06-20-2022, 07:52 PM
Do you guys favor, adj rf load, for exit issues?

hunterracing
06-21-2022, 09:38 AM
You treat it as exit (think I remember your in a crate), so you reduce the load to make the RF travel father and dewedge the car to loosen it (assuming you can change the RF only and not make an adjustment elsewhere)

Would this work same for cars that are on single spring rule and can’t run bumps stacks or any of that as well

billetbirdcage
06-22-2022, 01:53 AM
Load (or if you want to look it at as travel) doesn't know if it's a single spring, stack, bump, or an air bag for that matter.

If you lessen the load at any point of the RF travel, you will travel farther and dewedge the car when it's at that load on the track.

fwdbite
07-21-2022, 05:03 PM
Load (or if you want to look it at as travel) doesn't know if it's a single spring, stack, bump, or an air bag for that matter.

If you lessen the load at any point of the RF travel, you will travel farther and dewedge the car when it's at that load on the track.

Doesn’t more travel on RF help get bar angle in LR for exit traction?

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-21-2022, 07:34 PM
Load gets the car off the corner. Bar angle only lifts the car until the chain is tight. Once your chain is tight, your bar angle means nothing as bar forces and chain forces cancel each other out.

hunterracing
09-08-2022, 09:36 AM
Would you benefit more say taken the 350 outa rf and putting like a 475 500 in there but lowering the ride height but still ending up with same load number at 3.5 to 4 inches travel or does the softer loaded more 350 spring have better feel or transition goin down

95shaw
09-08-2022, 10:05 AM
Now you start messing with body heights while sitting in the pits.
Also, load numbers above and below the load numbers are different. So, if your car isn't at the load center to center, the loads are not the same.

If you are using someone else's setup, need to follow their exact setup if expecting similar results

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-08-2022, 10:11 AM
Would you benefit more say taken the 350 outa rf and putting like a 475 500 in there but lowering the ride height but still ending up with same load number at 3.5 to 4 inches travel or does the softer loaded more 350 spring have better feel or transition goin down
At that point, you are just going back to an old school setup. Car can drive fine, but your spoiler is lower while you race around the track.

hunterracing
09-08-2022, 10:32 AM
So then with that. Maybe the stiffer spring but lower starting ride height would be best then but still end up at same load at the 4 inch mark

95shaw
09-08-2022, 12:07 PM
So then with that. Maybe the stiffer spring but lower starting ride height would be best then but still end up at same load at the 4 inch mark

Is your car at that 4 inch mark all the way around the track?
Cause that's the only place wheel loads will be the same.

hunterracing
09-08-2022, 01:29 PM
Probly not

95shaw
09-08-2022, 07:29 PM
Regardless of where the spoiler is hanging out at, only thing the contact patches see is the weight actually applied to them. Doesn't matter where it comes from.
Unless you are coil bound, or on a bump stop, all that weight must come through the shock/spring, on the rf.

On the rear, weight can be carried by the 4 link bars, the j bar, and the spring/shock.

Still, the only connection to the track is the contact patch.

hunterracing
09-08-2022, 08:59 PM
Yea that’s over my head there

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-09-2022, 02:00 PM
Regardless of where the spoiler is hanging out at, only thing the contact patches see is the weight actually applied to them. Doesn't matter where it comes from.
Unless you are coil bound, or on a bump stop, all that weight must come through the shock/spring, on the rf.

On the rear, weight can be carried by the 4 link bars, the j bar, and the spring/shock.

Still, the only connection to the track is the contact patch.

But the higher you get that blade, the more you push down on those contact patches.

95shaw
09-10-2022, 09:28 AM
But the higher you get that blade, the more you push down on those contact patches.

If the effect you claim is truly aero, it will become less effective when behind another car.

Also, that weight on the tires comes at the expense of more aero drag. No such thing as something for nothing.

After all is said and done, need correct balance of traction between rear tires at any place around the track to make use of stagger to create lowest lap times.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-10-2022, 10:33 AM
If the effect you claim is truly aero, it will become less effective when behind another car.

Also, that weight on the tires comes at the expense of more aero drag. No such thing as something for nothing.

After all is said and done, need correct balance of traction between rear tires at any place around the track to make use of stagger to create lowest lap times.

Total load gain is aero. Balance left to right is changed by lifting the chassis. Yes, following a car has some effect. Drag isn't that big of a deal when you are running less than 100% throttle, with a big power reserve to overcome drag and use the extra vertical load on the tires. I learned that long ago when I had to join the aero movement to go fast.

Essentially, if your acceleration is limited by traction, you almost always benefit by adding drag, as long as it comes with added downforce.

95shaw
09-10-2022, 01:05 PM
Total load gain is aero. Balance left to right is changed by lifting the chassis. Yes, following a car has some effect. Drag isn't that big of a deal when you are running less than 100% throttle, with a big power reserve to overcome drag and use the extra vertical load on the tires. I learned that long ago when I had to join the aero movement to go fast.

Essentially, if your acceleration is limited by traction, you almost always benefit by adding drag, as long as it comes with added downforce.

The last paragraph should be telling for the limited, and crate guys trying to run unlimited setups.

Same can be said for spec tires, etc.

Next question will be, Where is the dividing line between power and aero benefit?

Is it track size, or just horsepower?

If the guys asking questions do not understand wheel loads, is the aero really gonna benefit them?

powerslide
09-29-2022, 11:38 PM
i don't believe we can know the dividing line on a super late. They seem to be putting restrictors in and other things to kill power so sounds like they could still use more downforce.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-30-2022, 06:43 AM
i don't believe we can know the dividing line on a super late. They seem to be putting restrictors in and other things to kill power so sounds like they could still use more downforce.

Ok TMac. Haha. More downforce would be faster, most definitely.

That said, it's the opposite of what the class needs from a survivability of the class standpoint.

powerslide
10-03-2022, 07:48 PM
Ok TMac. Haha. More downforce would be faster, most definitely.

That said, it's the opposite of what the class needs from a survivability of the class standpoint.

big holes in the nose and spoiler good by me. I listened to Stricklers assessment of why the racing isn't as good as it once was and it was exactly what i've said to myself a hundred times. Guys need tire options to gamble and get comers and goers in these races. 2-3 different options would be nice

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-03-2022, 08:37 PM
big holes in the nose and spoiler good by me. I listened to Stricklers assessment of why the racing isn't as good as it once was and it was exactly what i've said to myself a hundred times. Guys need tire options to gamble and get comers and goers in these races. 2-3 different options would be nice

That would help too, but I'm not going to let aero off the hook at all. I think the tire deal is secondary, but definitely part of it. Not only does it create comers and goers, but you hurt guys who can save tires by forcing them onto hard ones.

crownman25
10-20-2022, 09:38 AM
I saw a top guy have a stack spring with a spring rubber between the upper spring and a bump stop in bottom totaly dominate.He never smashed it .He said he didnt care what it was he was winning with it...