PDA

View Full Version : Reports on Twitter that they’re removing the new dirt?

Jed
06-07-2022, 03:35 PM
Any truth to this?

Rajflyboy
06-07-2022, 03:35 PM
I saw the pics. I’m thinking rumor is true.

0cents
06-07-2022, 03:43 PM
I too have saw pictures and videos going around on Facebook.

champion24
06-07-2022, 04:19 PM
Today?? On the eve of the race? After they supposedly did all this work to get it ready?

Mams
06-07-2022, 04:22 PM
Wonder if this whole fiasco has anything to do with Roger Slack vacating the premises?

johnE
06-07-2022, 04:28 PM
Too bad for all affected! Hoping for a good resolution to a bad situation.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-07-2022, 05:10 PM
It's legit. I hope it works.

dirtSLMracing
06-07-2022, 05:28 PM
So they are hauling out clay and bringing in clay and they race tomorrow night?

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-07-2022, 05:32 PM

Hopefully just hauling out. Not sure.

latemodelman
06-07-2022, 05:37 PM
I was there and they are Hauling the dirt out and not adding anything and running the sheeps foot over the track. Looks like the dirt down below is dry. Also had already removed the dirt in 1 and 2 and had just started 3 and 4 at about 3:30p.m. the dirt was pushed to the center of the turns about 4 feet high and the bull dozer was scraping more off.

johnE
06-07-2022, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the in person report. I’m dismayed that DoD is not keeping us informed regarding this news. I want to read the dirt on the dirt, it’s time to live up to your name, fellas!

Jed
06-07-2022, 05:55 PM
It’s obvious that TS is aware of the consequences if this week of racing turns into a fiasco. I always think back to the year that they had the tire issues at the Brickyard 400. That race never has recovered from that. You could even draw comparisons with the F1 race at Indy. My point is, no matter how grand your track is, once you’ve soured enough fans, the event (all DLM events at Eldora) won’t ever have the big crowds and the luster that it did before. Don’t think it can’t happen.

Rajflyboy
06-07-2022, 06:19 PM
I guess they should have planted grass on it 😜

squaredup12
06-07-2022, 06:42 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yK4Ysx0q6Is

squaredup12
06-07-2022, 06:44 PM
Well folks that link may not work now. No sooner than I had posted it in here and went back to YouTube, it refreshed and said it had been removed. Nonetheless it was a video from an hour ago of them removing the new clay and trucking it out.

kidrock
06-07-2022, 06:49 PM
JohnE they want to keep things positive for this event. Can't say as I blame them. I'm sure Tony has called upon the best in the business to help out here. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those calls was to Bob Sargant

Barbecueboy
06-07-2022, 06:58 PM

With the weather there tomorrow I don’t see that happening……hope I’m wrong.

johnE
06-07-2022, 07:00 PM
I’d be glad to hear some positively presented updates on how this is the best way forward. A news blackout makes me think the worst.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-07-2022, 07:04 PM
Well folks that link may not work now. No sooner than I had posted it in here and went back to YouTube, it refreshed and said it had been removed. Nonetheless it was a video from an hour ago of them removing the new clay and trucking it out.

Wow. That's weird.

ride height
06-07-2022, 07:10 PM
Not to be too technical….but the molecular structure of clay is extremely small…think of it as a BB co pared to say a golf ball….or I’m sure you remember the COVID argument and masks…same thing…anyway…it takes YEARS for a clay track to work the clay Molecules together and bind. Mother Nature, and digging it up and laying it down , over and over. After many years and times of this…the clay molecules will become tighter, and thus less ruts and such. Tony can bring in the national guard…and all it’s equipment, it wont matter. You can’t buy time. If indeed they are removing the new dirt…you have a better chance of happy race fans. Will be watching to see. 👍

Drop Shock
06-07-2022, 07:19 PM
Not too late to postpone

Barbecueboy
06-07-2022, 07:24 PM
Wouldn’t be eldora without drama…..the racing will probably be great when they finally get to pull it off.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-07-2022, 07:27 PM
If they get all the new off, it should be ok. Will likely be hard and slick and a little rocky, but it should be ok.

Highside Hustler25
06-07-2022, 07:30 PM
I'm not talking corn field rough, but a track with a little character usually makes for some good racing.
Not a fan of the skating rink but that's probably what yer gonna get.

foxfire2dirtracing
06-07-2022, 07:43 PM
Just left the track and they are done taking up the new dirt- regular track equipment working it now.

squaredup12
06-07-2022, 07:50 PM
Well that happened quick. Man I do hope Flo/DoD puts something together on this.

HoosierDirtFan
06-07-2022, 07:54 PM

Just hauling out the new clay they put down last year.

kidrock
06-07-2022, 08:05 PM
I'm not talking corn field rough, but a track with a little character usually makes for some good racing.
Not a fan of the skating rink but that's probably what yer gonna get.

I agree, I would rather the track have some character especially since the cars are becoming so aero dependent instead of a skating rink.

dirtcrazy4u
06-07-2022, 08:08 PM
LOL. Being in the excavation business for more years than I care to remember. As you scrape off layers of soil you remove as much topsoil as possible until the surface is dry. That topsoil makes you the money, it's gold. Let's talk about clay. Most clay is dry, that is not what you want for a dirt track, when I say dry it doesn't matter how much water you put on it because when the drYing process starts it just crumbles and becomes dust. Good clay is the stuff you get down to and it holds water. Dig a hole and hit wet clay, walk away for 15 mins and when you come back you'll have a hole filling with water. Do I know the issues, NO. Some people want to think it's simple. A perfect example of wet clay is east bay down in florida. Has anyone been there when someone backs it in and the clay looks like a ribbon being tossed in the air ? Tomorrow will be interesting, to much water and the tracks going to be slimy. Be interesting to see where Tony will be.

lurker
06-07-2022, 08:09 PM
I'm with Highside Hustler25 and kidrock.

HoosierDirtFan
06-07-2022, 08:34 PM
Just see a pictures on Facebook a friend just posted a few minutes ago of the track and it looks to be in pretty good shape considering what took place today removing the new dirt they laid down in the fall.

Here are the two pictures.

https://i.imgur.com/8ZABrFF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/oUqiuz4.jpg

Livewire95
06-07-2022, 08:37 PM
Scratched around with a Chisel all Weekend and Yesterday. Again all they needed was a in-line Ripper like I said last week.. Case IH already sponsors the track so I know they can get there hands on one. Preferably from Hull Brother's in Fort Recovery. But Here we are.. What a Clown show. It'll either be a washboard or slicker than a moles rear.. On top of that less banking because nobody there can halfway run the Grader like Earl or Chad did . I wish Earl was around to see this mess..

ZERO25
06-07-2022, 08:44 PM
Hope its slicker than goose crap on a doorknob..........then the real drivers will show out!

Livewire95
06-07-2022, 08:48 PM
Looks like there ready for Harness racing at the Fairgrounds..Flat track style

Jed
06-07-2022, 08:50 PM
Livewire you should send Smoke your resume.

Livewire95
06-07-2022, 08:53 PM
I agree.. Maybe we can get back to being Eldora.. worked for Earl many years.. And know Rob that's in charge of the track very well. He knows how it should be done but his hands are tied. Have a good day. And continue to praise The Bafoon You call Smoke

Jed
06-07-2022, 08:58 PM
Actually I’ve never cared much for Smoke. His NASCAR persona turned me off. However, I respect what he has done at Eldora. Has it always been perfect? No. Jesus Christ does not own or promote any racetracks so we have to live with people like Smoke and his crew.

fryefan
06-07-2022, 08:58 PM
Hope its slicker than goose crap on a doorknob..........then the real drivers will show out!

And the racing will be a LOT better than a high-speed, freight-train race that a heavy track would give you.

Livewire95
06-07-2022, 09:07 PM
Jed," what has He done? Plant some grass,Put up some Suite's,Killed the Local Crowd and Racing. Took the U shaped banking out of the track? He needs to either run Race teams or The Racetrack.

zyoung25
06-07-2022, 09:39 PM
Jed," what has He done? Plant some grass,Put up some Suite's,Killed the Local Crowd and Racing. Took the U shaped banking out of the track? He needs to either run Race teams or The Racetrack.

The (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) houses are a lot nicer than they were back in the day. Other than that, I can kind of agree with you on the rest.

Livewire95
06-07-2022, 10:15 PM
This is True.. Earl had a line for that. They come to watch a good Race," not take a Deuce..Lmao.. Let's hope The Track puts Her shield up and we get a good race weekend. Heavy rains south of there today. Fields looked like Ponds..

drich24
06-07-2022, 10:36 PM
Jake Timm has a good video on Facebook showing them removing the clay.

kidrock
06-08-2022, 05:52 AM

I know Pierce and Sheppard are usually good in the rough. You know who else is good on a track with a little character?

dirtMAN007
06-08-2022, 06:10 AM
I know Pierce and Sheppard are usually good in the rough. You know who else is good on a track with a little character?

Did your friend get an ID yet ?

riddle28
06-08-2022, 06:25 AM
And the racing will be a LOT better than a high-speed, freight-train race that a heavy track would give you.

completely slick races just as bad as hammer down. the dreams and worlds last year were a snooze other than restarts. ideal would be slick with a thin moisture ring around the wall

Josh Bayko
06-08-2022, 08:08 AM
If everybody is in a line running the cushion? Fantastic race and best track conditions ever according to most of 4M

If everybody is in a line running the hub? Worst race and track conditions ever according to most of 4M

Rajflyboy
06-08-2022, 08:19 AM
Looks like a Smoky Madden kinda track to me

Pennsboro32
06-08-2022, 08:30 AM
Your normal suspects are going to be there at the end. Overton, JD, Madden, McDowell, McCreadie, possibly Erb, Owens, Pierce, Sheppard, Bloomer.

JabberJaws83
06-08-2022, 08:32 AM
If everybody is in a line running the cushion? Fantastic race and best track conditions ever according to most of 4M

If everybody is in a line running the hub? Worst race and track conditions ever according to most of 4M

Boy, if that ain’t the truth.

Raceready
06-08-2022, 10:57 AM
Looks like a Smoky Madden kinda track to meI'm not going to rule out " The SMOOTH DOMINATOR " boy from Illinoy to grab on up the win...

Rajflyboy
06-08-2022, 11:08 AM
I'm not going to rule out " The SMOOTH DOMINATOR " boy from Illinoy to grab on up the win...I’d love if Bobby won. Many people be hatin 😜

Raceready
06-08-2022, 11:53 AM
Hatin the Dominating ! ! Of course there shouldn't be any ill feelings if E.P. J. would happen to lead the contention for the victory ? ?

Rajflyboy
06-08-2022, 12:05 PM
EPJ victory would make Lucas Oil happy. They run the best series in dirt racing.

Raceready
06-08-2022, 12:16 PM
EPJ victory would make Lucas Oil happy. They run the best series in dirt racing.Even if that Huddy O'Neil won that wouldn't be too bad I think ?

Buford.Justice
06-08-2022, 02:14 PM

So am I. Tacky clay is what a dirt track is all about, not a dryslick wheel spinning skating rink where you gain on cars by inches not feet.

Maybe they just can't get it smoothed out because of too much water in it overall, but I would have tried 24/7 grading, sheepfooting, and even adding a little water to help the clay compact.

Wonder what they will do with the new clay, now that it's off of the track? Work it back in a little at a time or just leave it off for good?

Buford.Justice
06-08-2022, 02:16 PM

Even a couch has a cushion. :)

Buford.Justice
06-08-2022, 02:22 PM

My opinion is, that if it is that slick, only the setup masters who can get the most bite and power to the ground will be the ones having success, no matter who the driver.

ZERO25
06-08-2022, 05:45 PM

This ^^^^^^^^^!!!

ZERO25
06-08-2022, 05:46 PM

And this ^^^^^^^!!!

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-09-2022, 07:06 AM
My opinion is, that if it is that slick, only the setup masters who can get the most bite and power to the ground will be the ones having success, no matter who the driver.

Not at all. If you can't be smooth, it doesn't matter what car you are in. Hammer down is the great equalizer, as long as you have the wallet. Ask ole bloomer.

JabberJaws83
06-09-2022, 07:39 AM
Not at all. If you can't be smooth, it doesn't matter what car you are in. Hammer down is the great equalizer, as long as you have the wallet. Ask ole bloomer.

Yep, hammer down comes down to mostly wallet. Give me setup and the ol right foot on the slick.