PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Crowd

Rajflyboy
06-27-2022, 08:27 AM
A lot of those drivers are staying in their own region. That crowds a little clicky up there. I want to see Bobby spread his wings a bit. B Shepp goes back there and steals a win last night. At least JD, Scottie, Fergy Time and sometimes Madden are traveling around trying to beat the best (wherever that may be).

golddirt
06-27-2022, 09:28 AM
Really that’s all you’ve got?

King1
06-27-2022, 09:58 AM
Sheppard won in his own car. Do you really think his grandfather or his dad is gonna pay the diesel bill to go hunt down Davenport or madden when Mark Richards is gonna pay for it on 89 other occasions a year?

The pierce clan doesn’t run great on a national level so it’s best they stay in Illinois, beat up on the hell tour crowd and sell more cars. With diesel the way it is, nobody is looking to beat Davenport or madden when they can spend thousands less on fuel, and actually stand a chance to turn a profit.

The guys that we think should attempt to run with Davenport and madden don’t really give a d@mn about what we would like for them to do. They can’t run with them anyway, they may as well stay home and race there.

Highside Hustler25
06-27-2022, 10:35 AM
Why would one travel outside the midwest when their are plenty good paying racing in the area?

dirtluver
06-27-2022, 10:46 AM
Why travel when there is a bunch of money to be made in Midwest. The fans and the tracks in the Midwest are second to none. Some of the bests have come up to Illinois and had hard time winning.

TheJet-09
06-27-2022, 11:02 AM
To say B-Shepp "steals a win" is pretty misleading, even insulting. Nothing was given to him, he earned it. And yes, the one thing Illinois actually has going for it is the quality and quantity of dirt track racing. Especially at this time of the year, there's some decent money to be made by the likes of Pierce and Shirley. And the thought of sleeping in your own bed or working out of your own shop a night or two in between sweetens the deal that much more.

Pennsboro32
06-27-2022, 11:12 AM
Consider the source boys.

foxfire2dirtracing
06-27-2022, 12:18 PM
Exactly- thank you Penn!

Rajflyboy
06-27-2022, 02:22 PM
B Shepp is the only one who is consistently touring the nation. Dennis Erb did great at Florida speed weeks. Bobby needs to spread his wings a bit. Get out of your own backyard once in a while.

kipling
06-27-2022, 02:45 PM
I can think of 7 states that Bobby has raced in this year. Dennis is leading the WOO points and won twice at Pevely this last weekend. BShep just won at the closest track to where he lives in his own equipment. Get out of your basement once in awhile.

kipling
06-27-2022, 02:52 PM
My bad, after looking at BP schedule he has raced in 10 states already this year. Get your checkbook out and sponsor someones diesel bill.

Rajflyboy
06-27-2022, 03:23 PM
He went to Vado, Al Tech for 2 nights and Eldora for the weekend. Other than that he hasn’t been out much. Not like JD, Bloomer, Fergy and some others.

Pennsboro32
06-27-2022, 03:39 PM
Fly, even Fergy and Madden have skipped multiple big events. The only one racing every big event seems to be JD and Overton.

Rajflyboy
06-27-2022, 04:49 PM
Fergy has hot a lot of them. But yes…. We need to get the fuel and travel prices down and make it easier for teams to travel. You folks are right about that.

ImCryn2
06-27-2022, 06:41 PM
Did you really use Bloomer as an example of racers that are out racing all over the country?

Highside Hustler25
06-27-2022, 06:51 PM
Did you really use Bloomer as an example of racers that are out racing all over the country?

You're putting way too much thought in his posts.

Dirt Clod
06-27-2022, 06:55 PM
Fly with another brilliant post. "That crowds a little clicky up there". How about passionate race teams and fans.
B-Shepp drives all night, races 15 minutes from his home town and picks up a historic WoO win. Stealing? Find the video of the crowd going crazy for his win and you'll understand die-hard IL fans. Summer Nationals have had better than expected car counts and crowds this year. Last time I checked these teams weren't non-profit teams. How about $6.00 a gallon diesel fuel? You got that? I guess your post #14, 4th on your own thread, you finally figured it out and agreed with others, as you do well.

Rajflyboy
06-27-2022, 07:09 PM
I already said that B Shepp is one that races everywhere. I’m not talking about him.

Raceready
06-27-2022, 07:35 PM
A lot of those drivers are staying in their own region. That crowds a little clicky up there. I want to see Bobby spread his wings a bit. B Shepp goes back there and steals a win last night. At least JD, Scottie, Fergy Time and sometimes Madden are traveling around trying to beat the best (wherever that may be).As per usual this is another of your great thought invoking posts ! The Illinois fans are happy to have Bobby race nearby because to them he is of rockstar status. Those other boys that you mentioned are willing to frequent any old port in the storm.

kidrock
06-27-2022, 09:39 PM
A lot of those drivers are staying in their own region. That crowds a little clicky up there. I want to see Bobby spread his wings a bit. B Shepp goes back there and steals a win last night. At least JD, Scottie, Fergy Time and sometimes Madden are traveling around trying to beat the best (wherever that may be).

Why would they spread their wings when there's some good money shows close to home. It make no sense. Especially how expensive stuff is right now. Most of the Illinois guys have already beat the best even at some crown jewels so, I'm not sure what more they have to prove.

Rajflyboy
06-28-2022, 07:08 AM
Pretty simple. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjW9UXoKU2s

pierceFAN
06-28-2022, 07:38 AM
Why would they spread their wings when there's some good money shows close to home. It make no sense. Especially how expensive stuff is right now. Most of the Illinois guys have already beat the best even at some crown jewels so, I'm not sure what more they have to prove.

some believe you have to chase WoO or Lucas points in order to be good...i beg to differ

dgersh22
06-28-2022, 08:15 AM
Illinois, Missouri, Iowa and Indiana have some of the best tracks in the country along with some of the best "local" racers. Why travel in todays economy when you can find a good paying race every weekend close to home. It is a business not a hobby for most of these guys. Take the Firecracker in Lernerville this past weekend they had 2- $6,000 to win shows and a $50,000 to win show. For the 50K to win show you would have had to finish 4th or better to make over $8,000. What did Bobby make from Wednesday thru Saturday racing around home. I'm sure a lot more when you figure expenses than even if he would have won the $50K. Purses are too top heavy for drivers to spend the cash to travel long distances in this economy without having deep pocket owners and sponsors. Both of which B-Shep has when he travels in the Rocket house car.

ImCryn2
06-28-2022, 08:53 AM
You're putting way too much thought in his posts.

apparently! lol

Raceready
06-28-2022, 09:03 AM
Pretty simple. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjW9UXoKU2sTo the MOON ? ?

Rajflyboy
06-28-2022, 10:29 AM
Illinois, Missouri, Iowa and Indiana have some of the best tracks in the country along with some of the best "local" racers. Why travel in todays economy when you can find a good paying race every weekend close to home. It is a business not a hobby for most of these guys. Take the Firecracker in Lernerville this past weekend they had 2- $6,000 to win shows and a $50,000 to win show. For the 50K to win show you would have had to finish 4th or better to make over $8,000. What did Bobby make from Wednesday thru Saturday racing around home. I'm sure a lot more when you figure expenses than even if he would have won the $50K. Purses are too top heavy for drivers to spend the cash to travel long distances in this economy without having deep pocket owners and sponsors. Both of which B-Shep has when he travels in the Rocket house car.Great tracks. I agree. Upon retirement I’d like to spend a couple weeks going to races in the summer up there. 👍

Rajflyboy
06-28-2022, 10:30 AM
To the MOON ? ?To the Moon Alice 😁

Bradley
06-28-2022, 10:39 AM
Pierce needs to spread his wings a bit ? The last I checked he has won several crown jewel events. I'm not a Pierce fan but I think he has already shown he can out run the best in the business at any given time when his car and mind are right. Not to mention how many Pierce late models are out there to share info with who are running on the national level ? Compare that to longhorn and rocket. I think the kid is doing what makes sense to try and make a living racing. Throw him some big sponsor money and I reckon he would travel with the big boys more often.

Paradox28
06-28-2022, 12:55 PM
If I had to choose to only race in 1 region..it would be the midwest. Pretty much hard to find a bad track and they are all 3/8 or less for the most part.

Rajflyboy
06-28-2022, 02:22 PM
Pierce needs to spread his wings a bit ? The last I checked he has won several crown jewel events. I'm not a Pierce fan but I think he has already shown he can out run the best in the business at any given time when his car and mind are right. Not to mention how many Pierce late models are out there to share info with who are running on the national level ? Compare that to longhorn and rocket. I think the kid is doing what makes sense to try and make a living racing. Throw him some big sponsor money and I reckon he would travel with the big boys more often.Not this year. I’m only talking about this year. I’m a BP fan but not as much if he only runs in the mid west.

Rajflyboy
06-28-2022, 02:23 PM
Pierce needs to spread his wings a bit ? The last I checked he has won several crown jewel events. I'm not a Pierce fan but I think he has already shown he can out run the best in the business at any given time when his car and mind are right. Not to mention how many Pierce late models are out there to share info with who are running on the national level ? Compare that to longhorn and rocket. I think the kid is doing what makes sense to try and make a living racing. Throw him some big sponsor money and I reckon he would travel with the big boys more often.All except those 7 month long winters but I do agree the tracks are really really nice up there.

kidrock
06-28-2022, 02:26 PM
some believe you have to chase WoO or Lucas points in order to be good...i beg to differ

I agree..................................

Raceready
06-28-2022, 05:30 PM
I and a few friends are getting all excited and giddy waiting for Bobby to run at Wayne County speedway [ formerly Buckeye Speedway } ! ! You can bet that he will run there like he does everywhere else , LOADED for BEAR ! !

Rajflyboy
06-28-2022, 07:52 PM
I and a few friends are getting all excited and giddy waiting for Bobby to run at Wayne County speedway [ formerly Buckeye Speedway } ! ! You can bet that he will run there like he does everywhere else , LOADED for BEAR ! !That’s up by Cleveland, OH? Naaa (nothing good happens up there) 😜😁

Raceready
06-28-2022, 07:57 PM
It,s not near " The MISTAKE by the lake ". Orrville, Ohio is southwest of Akron. There is a big old Smuckers plant there.

Rajflyboy
06-28-2022, 08:01 PM
It,s not near " The MISTAKE by the lake ". Orrville, Ohio is southwest of Akron. There is a big old Smuckers plant there.Related to Orville Wright? 😜

EvelB7
06-29-2022, 10:59 AM
I am sure it was named after Barry's 4th cousin, Orrville. Most people do not realize that 'do it the Wright way' originated from their ancestors. Barry was always ahead of everyone back in the day with aero, always heard it was because he had his cousin's early notes on lift and applied it to help create downforce.

Rajflyboy
06-29-2022, 11:02 AM
I am sure it was named after Barry's 4th cousin, Orrville. Most people do not realize that 'do it the Wright way' originated from their ancestors. Barry was always ahead of everyone back in the day with aero, always heard it was because he had his cousin's early notes on lift and applied it to help create downforce.Airplanes do require downforce as well as lift. You are on to something here with the Wright family.

Raceready
06-29-2022, 11:40 AM
It,s not near " The MISTAKE by the lake ". Orrville, Ohio is southwest of Akron. There is a big old Smuckers plant there.It is near Wooster, Oh if'n youv'e heard tell of that.

Dirt Clod
06-29-2022, 07:12 PM
Don't forget about Wayne County Speedway in Orville, OH.

1083 North Carr Road
Orrville, Ohio 44667

A banked 3/8-mile clay oval. Weekly shows at Wayne County Speedway consist of complete racing programs for the 410 Sprint Cars, Super Late Models, Modifieds, Super Stocks and Mini Stocks.

Highside Hustler25
06-29-2022, 07:17 PM
Well, that went full circle.

Raceready
06-30-2022, 08:13 AM
Related to Orville Wright? I would surmise that is more feasible than it being akin to the Orville Rickenbacker of the popcorn industry .

Rajflyboy
06-30-2022, 08:30 AM
Right now the south is way ahead of any North/South race

Raceready
06-30-2022, 08:53 AM
Right now the south is way ahead of any North/South raceI may add that old Bob Pierce Sr, Bobby Pierce Jr, Steve Shaver, Racin John Mason, Chub Frank, and 2 time winners including John Gill, Donnie Moran, and Tim McCready have won The North/South 100 . I believe all of them are from above The Mason/ Dixon line ?

Rajflyboy
06-30-2022, 09:41 AM
I may add that old Bob Pierce Sr, Bobby Pierce Jr, Steve Shaver, Racin John Mason, Chub Frank, and 2 time winners including John Gill, Donnie Moran, and Tim McCready have won The North/South 100 . I believe all of them are from above The Mason/ Dixon line ?Exactly why I said “Right Now”

Raceready
06-30-2022, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't necessarily count out that Empire State boy T-Mac to win North/South shootout as well like how he stomped them all at Lernerville ? Old Barefoot Bobs kid runs good like his old man did ! !

Rajflyboy
06-30-2022, 02:41 PM
T Mac oh yes but his car owner is from North Carolina

Raceready
06-30-2022, 03:18 PM
T Mac oh yes but his car owner is from North CarolinaMaybe it's time for Huddy O'neil to show the way to the top of the podium ?

Rajflyboy
06-30-2022, 03:33 PM
Again. To be the man you gotta beat the man 😁

foxfire2dirtracing
06-30-2022, 04:47 PM
Who is your man today Fly?

Raceready
06-30-2022, 06:42 PM
Who is your man today Fly?It depends on which way the wind is blowing, perhaps ? ?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-30-2022, 07:12 PM
T Mac oh yes but his car owner is from North Carolina

It doesn't matter where there from as long as they get the job done!!😁

wfodirt66
06-30-2022, 07:37 PM
most peirce sponsors are from the ILL area and i am sure they like to see him run locally, besides i and guessing he prob has won more $$ in the last month than 90% of traveling teams, funny how the keyboard experts now demand a team to travel to be a top team

Rajflyboy
06-30-2022, 07:50 PM
most peirce sponsors are from the ILL area and i am sure they like to see him run locally, besides i and guessing he prob has won more $$ in the last month than 90% of traveling teams, funny how the keyboard experts now demand a team to travel to be a top teamYep. He is pretty much a regional driver. I can live with that.

Raceready
06-30-2022, 09:09 PM
Yep. He is pretty much a regional driver. I can live with that.I Suppose the local fans of these there Southern boy that you may be infatuated with kind of wish that they stay closer to home so that they could watch them more frequently ? ?

Rajflyboy
07-01-2022, 07:21 AM
I Suppose the local fans of these there Southern boy that you may be infatuated with kind of wish that they stay closer to home so that they could watch them more frequently ? ?I actually am very happy they tour the country and WIN 😁

Raceready
07-01-2022, 10:37 AM
I actually am very happy they tour the country and WIN Take the Longhorns away from some of them and then tell us how much more they happen to WIN ?

Rajflyboy
07-01-2022, 07:31 PM
Madden is in a Rocket. Definitely a rocket man this year.

wfodirt66
07-01-2022, 11:20 PM
and another 10g's in the regional drivers account

Raceready
07-03-2022, 11:39 AM
Again. To be the man you gotta beat the man Didn't a good many peoples always be saying the same thing about that Bloomer guy and look at him now ? ? He seems like he has been reduced to a " Start and Park " fellow at best when he does happen to make a feature event anymore ? ?