PDA

View Full Version : Flo & MavTV Combining...

Wells Racing Photos
06-30-2022, 09:19 AM
Know it was mentioned a week or so ago on here but it's now official....

FloSports and MAVTV – two of the most recognizable brands in the live streaming industry – announced Thursday a groundbreaking partnership that will deliver a powerhouse product to motorsports enthusiasts.

The partnership between the two companies will deliver new MAVTV Plus live content to fans through the FloRacing platform. Live programming previously delivered through MAVTV Plus, including the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, Chili Bowl Nationals finals and Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, will be streamed on FloRacing through the “MAVTV on FloRacing” banner.

“We place enormous value on the fan experience; we want to give our customers the best viewing experience possible,” said Morgan Lucas, President of Lucas Oil. “MAVTV's mission is to connect race fans to their favorite events - from anywhere. FloSports helps us deliver on that mission, giving subscribers the best support, technology, and access to the motorsports events they love. We are all-in and eager to build this partnership into the best motorsports streaming platform available.”

“We’re incredibly excited to welcome MAVTV viewers from across the globe to FloSports,” said Mark Floreani, CEO and Co-Founder, FloSports. “Our platform will give current MAVTV Plus users access to all of our live and on-demand events including motorsports and so much more. With the first live MAVTV on FloRacing event streaming today, we aim to create a seamless viewing experience and ensure not a minute of a live event is missed.”

FloRacing and MAVTV Plus will both stream new MAVTV Plus live programming to their subscribers starting today, June 30, through midnight on Tuesday, July 26. After that, fans will need to subscribe to FloRacing to watch MAVTV Plus programming.
This week’s MAVTV on FloRacing programming will include four races for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series as well as the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Redbud National.

With the addition of MAVTV Plus live programming, FloRacing’s live streaming schedule includes over 2,000 live races annually. All of these races can be viewed with an annual subscription.

MAVTV will be contacting MAVTV Plus subscribers with information about their accounts and instructions on how to subscribe to FloRacing to watch new, live MAVTV programming moving forward.

The groundbreaking partnership between FloRacing and the MAVTV Motorsports Network will not impact MAVTV’s programming available through cable television.

https://www.floracing.com/articles/7882735-floracing-mavtv-announce-groundbreaking-streaming-partnership?utm_campaign=flomavtvannouncement&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=article&utm_term=thumbnail.floracing-mavtv-announce-groundbreaking-streaming-partnership&rtid=flomavtvannouncement&coverage_id=7882735

Tireguy17
06-30-2022, 09:34 AM
Guarantee (in time) that FLO will have a positive impact on MavTV and help them resolve the issues many of us have experienced with MavTV. As a LORTV/MavTV+ subscriber since the beginning I'm happy to finally get a FLO subscription .

LM1M
06-30-2022, 09:40 AM
Will this weekend's Lucas races be on Flo? I don't see them listed on the schedule.

Pennsboro32
06-30-2022, 09:42 AM
Will this weekend's Lucas races be on Flo? I don't see them listed on the schedule.

Yes, starting tonight.

BTExpress
06-30-2022, 09:51 AM
Outstanding news...As a sprint car & DLM fan, Christmas just came today with my Flo Subscription!!!

Umpdirt1
06-30-2022, 10:04 AM
Ok so I pay for Mav and Flo from my end Mavtv owes me money.

Mantis
06-30-2022, 10:11 AM
^

"If your subscription expires after July 27, you will be refunded for a portion of your subscription. Your refund will be processed within 30-45 days after July 26."

foxfire2dirtracing
06-30-2022, 10:25 AM
Question: Flo uses internet to broadcast
Mavtv+ used the satellite trucks. Any ideas about this after July 26?

Dlmfan123
06-30-2022, 10:41 AM
Question: Flo uses internet to broadcast Mavtv+ used the satellite trucks. Any ideas about this after July 26?Mavtv is still running everything. Just broadcast onto flo

foxfire2dirtracing
06-30-2022, 11:15 AM
DLMfan123
Thank you!

Andrews42FAN
06-30-2022, 12:46 PM
Nobody is happier to hear this than Tech Support's main man - James Essex!

Highside Hustler25
06-30-2022, 01:07 PM
Hope this doesn't mean a Flo price increase.

MotoMatt
06-30-2022, 02:02 PM
This is awesome news. I am one who doesn't want to pay for multiple services and this gives me the option to keep FLO and see the Mav stuff I've been missing out on.

Another $5 a month adds up big if you join all these!

MEE
06-30-2022, 02:12 PM
Hope this doesn't mean a Flo price increase.It probably will increase some but it still wont be anything like the price of those others.I've had lucas sense day one of LORTV and DOD so now I guess it will still be less than the two combined.

Highside Hustler25
06-30-2022, 02:18 PM
There is so much racing content on Flo, I could take or leave the Lucas races. It will be nice to see the COMPLETE Chilli Bowl Nationals though.

dirty-white-boy
06-30-2022, 04:24 PM
Hope this doesn't mean a Flo price increase.

Me either because its so not worth it LMAO!

Kidding!!!!

bleedblue55
06-30-2022, 04:25 PM
Hope this means the end of the road for Dillner

TerryM
06-30-2022, 06:37 PM
Hope this means the end of the road for Dillner
They’re just putting it on a different channel. It’s still the same broadcast.

MEE
07-01-2022, 08:05 AM
I wonder if they will show the support class's or not.

Barbecueboy
07-01-2022, 08:30 AM
I watched the piece with dilner and rigsby and you can just tell it oozes from their pores…..to see them have that discussion was good for me.
The mav tv s ucking on the tech and customer service side was brought up and acknowledged and watching those two feed off each other was refreshing.I still have speed 51(racingamerica) and like it also.
Good luck guys and thanks for giving us all something to bich about,lol.

Pennsboro32
07-01-2022, 09:03 AM
BBQ, Dillner was much more enjoyable in that video than he is on broadcast. Impressed me. I wish I could pin point why exactly DLM fans don't enjoy Dillner, I've been critical of his abilities as well. Would it be wrong for me to assume that the reason the majority of fans don't like listening to Diller is because he doesn't seem like he's one of us? And by that, I mean, he doesn't seem to know the sport inside and out like many of us die hard fans.

Highside Hustler25
07-01-2022, 09:14 AM
I was just getting ready to ask that same question. Why no love for Dillner? Haven't been a Mav subscriber so really can't pass judgment here. Lot of folks seem to have a problem with him.

bleedblue55
07-01-2022, 09:22 AM
So Mav is giving a refund at the end of the month on annual subscriptions. Seeing as how the June broadcasts were free and the July broadcasts are duplicates if you have both, they're basically screwing people out of 2 months of their subscription.

BTExpress
07-01-2022, 11:51 AM
"So Mav is giving a refund at the end of the month on annual subscriptions. Seeing as how the June broadcasts were free and the July broadcasts are duplicates if you have both, they're basically screwing people out of 2 months of their subscription."

Can't please everyone. I am still upset that DoD subscribers got access to Flo but existing Flo subscribers never got access to Dirt on Dirt...that being said, it is a great time to be a dirt track fan. Just look back to five years ago and where we are today. For a fairly small price, we get to watch a ton of racing on a nightly basis. We are spoiled and always want more in life I guess.

KTMLew
07-01-2022, 06:35 PM
Way I read this is Flo is buying out a competitor. After end of July, essentially, MavTV Plus goes away. Am I correct in this assumption?

Edit:

MAVTV Motorsports Network programming will still be available through cable television and select digital outlets with FloSports becoming MAVTV Plus' dedicated direct-to-consumer live-streaming platform.

<<<still reads to me that I'll have to pay 150 bucks years for what I was paying 8 bucks a month.>>

bleedblue55
07-02-2022, 04:58 AM
"So Mav is giving a refund at the end of the month on annual subscriptions. Seeing as how the June broadcasts were free and the July broadcasts are duplicates if you have both, they're basically screwing people out of 2 months of their subscription."

Can't please everyone. I am still upset that DoD subscribers got access to Flo but existing Flo subscribers never got access to Dirt on Dirt...that being said, it is a great time to be a dirt track fan. Just look back to five years ago and where we are today. For a fairly small price, we get to watch a ton of racing on a nightly basis. We are spoiled and always want more in life I guess.

I'm paying for Flo, Mav and Dirtvision. I may be spoiled but I'm still getting screwed out of two months of service. That's still better than the subscribers who have had issues with the Lucas to Mav switch all along. Mav should give full refunds to anyone who was subscribed this year.

TDRacin®
07-02-2022, 09:37 AM
Way I read this is Flo is buying out a competitor. After end of July, essentially, MavTV Plus goes away. Am I correct in this assumption?

Edit:

MAVTV Motorsports Network programming will still be available through cable television and select digital outlets with FloSports becoming MAVTV Plus' dedicated direct-to-consumer live-streaming platform.

<<<still reads to me that I'll have to pay 150 bucks years for what I was paying 8 bucks a month.>>

Not sure what you were paying $8 for, but you weren't getting everything for that $8. Yes, you will now have to subscribe to Flo and it will cost you $150 a year ($12.50 a month, or be dumb and pay monthly @$30 a month!) for 100 times more programming. The other racing may not be your cup of tea but at least you will be able to watch what you want (LOLMDS) without issue! That can be priceless after this MavTVPlus nonsense!!

Patansplant
07-02-2022, 09:46 AM
So with MAVTV I'm grandfathered in at 60 bucks a year. I wonder what will happen with that?

knot
07-02-2022, 09:58 AM
I guess mavtv will owe you $5 on each month left on your subscription.

KTMLew
07-02-2022, 10:20 AM
Ok. I surrender. Clicked on Reply with quote...went over and washed breakfast dishes from yesterday, fried 2 eggs, made toast & cup of tea. Nothing had happened. Thing was a spinning but still on same page. If I move cursor anywhere but this quick reply box, spinning thing is still spinning. Later folks. This ain't worth the hassle.

TerryM
07-02-2022, 11:33 AM
Ok. I surrender. Clicked on Reply with quote...went over and washed breakfast dishes from yesterday, fried 2 eggs, made toast & cup of tea. Nothing had happened. Thing was a spinning but still on same page. If I move cursor anywhere but this quick reply box, spinning thing is still spinning. Later folks. This ain't worth the hassle.
Double click it.

84wedge
07-02-2022, 11:54 AM
Sounds like MAV is still going to be using their equiptment for streaming. FLO has been much easier to deal with on the customer service end of things the last year, so that's a huge advantage.

KTMLew
07-02-2022, 12:08 PM
I was just getting ready to ask that same question. Why no love for Dillner? Haven't been a Mav subscriber so really can't pass judgment here. Lot of folks seem to have a problem with him.

OK. That works. Thank you!

TerryM---Highside messaged me. That works! Thanks guys.

KTMLew
07-02-2022, 12:20 PM
It was 7.99 month for MavTVPlus. I only watch Lucas and an occasional Motocross. I'm waiting to see what happens with my Spectrum Internet deal. Expecting to have to cancel for 30 days and start over. Their plans that aren't contracts but expire anyway are bizarre.

TDRacin®
07-02-2022, 10:28 PM
It was 7.99 month for MavTVPlus. I only watch Lucas and an occasional Motocross. I'm waiting to see what happens with my Spectrum Internet deal. Expecting to have to cancel for 30 days and start over. Their plans that aren't contracts but expire anyway are bizarre.

Not all Lucas races are/were included in the monthly subscription. If you aren't currently a Flo subscriber, you'll have to be later this month in order to continue watching Lucas races. The good thing is there is a wealth of racing that could interest you.