PDA

View Full Version : Rice At Florence

OGRichardsFan
06-30-2022, 09:46 PM
I fully believe they catered every bit of that trackwork to Josh Rices driving style because he is the Florence sweetheart and it’s the only track he’s a great driver at. They watered the top of that track and rolled it in and left a perfect cushion but didn’t touch the bottom at all for some of these other guys. As good as the bottom was in every heat, instead of giving it some moisture they rolled it during track prep and ruined it and made the top good for they favorite driver.

Raceready
06-30-2022, 09:53 PM
Can't the other drivers that are supposed to be professionals adapt their driving styles and set-ups to match these conditions ?

Highside Hustler25
06-30-2022, 09:54 PM
Rice/Florence fast becoming my favorite 2 word saying. That race was fun to watch. Top 8 or 9 were really mixing it up.

TerryM
06-30-2022, 10:01 PM
Hahaha, this is some top level crying right here. Way to go, Josh!

OGRichardsFan
06-30-2022, 10:08 PM
I call it how I see it, this kid runs Florence for a living. Why soak the top and roll the bottom during track prep? A good track has multiple lanes, that track had one single lane and it for sure wasn’t anywhere besides against the cushion. Imagine that.

foxfire2dirtracing
06-30-2022, 10:11 PM
I think I have heard it all now! What a stupid prospective! I guess they were also catering to Jason Jamison as well since he finished 4th?
These 2 have a ton of laps on this track and it definitely showed tonight!

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-30-2022, 10:17 PM
I think I have heard it all now! What a stupid prospective! I guess they were also catering to Jason Jamison as well since he finished 4th?
These 2 have a ton of laps on this track and it definitely showed tonight!

They did the same thing last year. Rice doesn't even come close to winning on the heat race conditions. He's not a guy that wins races on the finesse line.

OGRichardsFan
06-30-2022, 10:18 PM
A good track has multiple lanes, why take the moisture from the bottom and soak the top during track prep? Nobody has answered my question just bashed my opinion lol imagine that

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-30-2022, 10:20 PM
A good track has multiple lanes, why take the moisture from the bottom and soak the top during track prep? Nobody has answered my question just bashed my opinion lol imagine that

You do it for 1 of 2 reasons. To help the local guy or for the fans that like a dominant top where guys have to throw sliders. A lot of folks think that's good racing.

Raceready
06-30-2022, 10:33 PM
Did Tony Stewart make Eldora rough on purpose with new clay because the guy that won there liked it ? LOL

OGRichardsFan
06-30-2022, 10:37 PM
You do it for 1 of 2 reasons. To help the local guy or for the fans that like a dominant top where guys have to throw sliders. A lot of folks think that's good racing.Don’t get me wrong the kid is good on his track, just like Shepp at Jax, the year Pearson won it was racy all over, the last two years have been one laned around the cushion, can’t convince me it’s just a coincidence that their local guy is a pedal masher who has more laps around it then anyone in the country, just sucks to see when a touring series comes to town.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-30-2022, 10:40 PM
Did Tony Stewart make Eldora rough on purpose with new clay because the guy that won there liked it ? LOL

Did you even read what you typed?

Kryptonite17
06-30-2022, 10:44 PM
Yeah those heats were very entertaining… not. Is Josh donating back some of the winnings or something? Is this why they “catered” to him? Lol. This is hilarious.

OGRichardsFan
06-30-2022, 10:46 PM
Did Tony Stewart make Eldora rough on purpose with new clay because the guy that won there liked it ? LOLNot like all the drivers hated it and they cut it all off right? Lol bad comparison

OGRichardsFan
06-30-2022, 10:47 PM
Does the local kid winning 2 years in a row not make for the best story? They could have made the top good without taking all the moisture from the bottom.

foxfire2dirtracing
06-30-2022, 10:59 PM
The heat races sucked!
If the track hadn’t widened out- the feature would have been a train on the bottom!
Just my perspective on it.
It will be interesting to read the post if Moran wins Sunday at his dads track!

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-30-2022, 11:03 PM
I don't see how you could compare Moran winning at Musky. Nowhere else in the US can you have as much influence in the outcome of the race as you can at Florence in a race with Rice. If the top is fast, he wins or dnf. If top isn't the fast way, he doesn't win, period. Nobody is actually out running him if you make the top the best line.

TS FAN
06-30-2022, 11:06 PM
I was there and Josh put on show. He whipped every car out there. The fans loved it. Kid can wheel a car and runs good just about everywhere goes. Yes, best a Florence. So boo hoo if you want but that feature was a show and the star put butts in the seats

BTW when Florence is right, this is the track you will see That is what makes it special

foxfire2dirtracing
06-30-2022, 11:18 PM
Can’t the other drivers run the top also?
That’s how Pierce beat Bloomer a few years ago for the N/S. Scott won’t run the top and it definitely effects his finishes ( not that he is even competitive anymore).
Heck -even the King of Catfishing EPJ is adapting to the top if track conditions merit it.
One thing to consider: the Lucas regulars are points racing- Rice has nothing to loose in mashing the pedal topside -except for repairing torn up equipment.
He only had to look at winning tonight- the Lucas regulars were looking at the big picture of season ending points. After all it was a 15k race and not a 50k race-so they were looking at a decent finish.
I hope we can agree to disagree- cause if we were all alike we would be rooting for the same driver.

lb_sa
06-30-2022, 11:21 PM
Jason Jameson finished 4th and Robby Hensley was running in the top 5 until he had a flat. Believe it or not, it helps to have more laps on a track than other competitors. This is the case at every dirt track in America. This post is comical. Way to go, Josh!

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-30-2022, 11:27 PM
Jason Jameson finished 4th and Robby Hensley was running in the top 5 until he had a flat. Believe it or not, it helps to have more laps on a track than other competitors. This is the case at every dirt track in America. This post is comical. Way to go, Josh!

That's not the topic of discussion, nor are those guys usually a factor in a Lucas race at Florence. The OP asked a question about motivation for what was done to the track. That can't be proven either way. The result is what it is and was quite easy to predict.

lb_sa
06-30-2022, 11:35 PM
That's not the topic of discussion, nor are those guys usually a factor in a Lucas race at Florence. The OP asked a question about motivation for what was done to the track. That can't be proven either way. The result is what it is and was quite easy to predict.

They sprayed the loose stuff and didn’t the bottom because it was rubbering. Seen it done at many tracks. Was there way more passing in the feature than the heats? Yes. Seems like the track prep was just fine. The others should run the top just as well as Josh if they are the best in the business. The North South is 100 laps that top will be worn off at the end, let me know when you find the prototypical track prep for a 60 lap race, when all the heats were get to the bottom as fast as you can. It didn’t matter if it was Rice or Sheppard, nobody was passing in the heats. Rice can run the bottom there just as good as everyone else as well.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-30-2022, 11:39 PM
There was passing in the heat. The great Sheppard went backwards in the latter part of his heat. That's because he was passed. Rice is absolutely not that great running the bottom. He's not even as good as his brother at that.

lb_sa
06-30-2022, 11:53 PM
There was passing in the heat. The great Sheppard went backwards in the latter part of his heat. That's because he was passed. Rice is absolutely not that great running the bottom. He's not even as good as his brother at that.

Not sure what races you were watching but the heats were a train race on the bottom. Sheppard got passed by one car at the line side by side (wouldn’t really call that backwards) because he moved up a lane, further proving my point that it was a train race on the bottom. He’s as good as any of those guys at Florence on the bottom. Maybe not at other tracks, but he can certainly hold his own there. The racing was much better in the feature, and that’s what the point of track prep is. Oh well, I enjoyed the feature. Tata.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-30-2022, 11:59 PM
58 walked away from Sheppard and Rice's brother passed him. Shep stuck with that high line most of the race. Jameson went to the tail and rallied past some Lucas guys to make the show in his heat. Gilpin held his own on the outside in his heat. EPJ didn't hug the bottom in his win.

People like top trains better than bottom trains, I get that.

The track prep also played to what Rice does well, intentional or not. Tata

racerx99
07-01-2022, 12:36 AM
bummer this race didnt get run back in the spring...when it was a little cooler and moister...was kinda hot today. at least we got to see some LMs race!!!! (seems the promoter is always the turd when it comes to the track, love it or hate it)..Yea Jameson

4Barrel
07-01-2022, 05:32 AM
Whoever drove the #89 car used the whole track. He started last in the B main and finished second, and then made it to 7th in the A main. He used the bottom and also the top.

NASCAR will use VHT at some tracks and only in one lane or so. No different than Florence prepping only the top.

riddle28
07-01-2022, 06:35 AM
this post is what id expect out of a richards fan

King1
07-01-2022, 06:47 AM
Rice runs the top well, that’s about it. I agree with MB racer and the OP.

No way Rice wins the race if top wasn’t prepared just for him. Everyone likes when the local guy wins, but when it’s blatantly obvious the King’s catered to him, it kinda puts an asterisk by the win.

Yay, way to go Josh, congrats on the win*

Mams
07-01-2022, 06:52 AM
Very disappointed in this race … there was no 4-wide salute!

Pennsboro32
07-01-2022, 07:05 AM
I was there and Josh put on show. He whipped every car out there. The fans loved it. Kid can wheel a car and runs good just about everywhere goes. Yes, best a Florence. So boo hoo if you want but that feature was a show and the star put butts in the seats

BTW when Florence is right, this is the track you will see That is what makes it special

I'm glad the kid won, it's cool seeing different people win national races, especially regional aces. However, he's 10x better at Florence than he is any other track in the nation.

Highside Hustler25
07-01-2022, 07:11 AM
Racing is entertainment and about satisfying the fans in the stands.
Take a track poll from last night and some of y'alls will be the minority.
And I'll take banging the cushion over finesse any day of the week. You want finesse, go watch pavement racing.

Kryptonite17
07-01-2022, 07:19 AM
Now we’re putting asterisks by wins lol. Goofiest post I’ve seen in a while. Maybe you can call and tell them how you’d like the track prepped for the North South!

Thedoctor
07-01-2022, 07:28 AM
It’s all about putting fans in the seats and having a hometown boy win obviously helps with that. I agree the track prep was geared towards Rices driving style , anyone could tell what was going to happen well before it did. I’ve never seen the cameras follow someone from 9th to the lead, I think we saw every pass he made. Winger was coming to the front but no one would of known, I don’t think I saw him once in the 60 laps.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-01-2022, 07:30 AM
Should I go ahead and sell my N/S tickets and cancel my motel room now since the King family at Florence will have the track especially prepped for Josh?????
😀😀

GEAR_HEAD
07-01-2022, 07:34 AM
Florence has always watered the top before every special feature that they've had, even well before Rice even started racing. That isn't anything new. Did you ever think that maybe he's so good at running the top there because they have always prepped the track that way so he has had plenty of practice at it? This may be the dumbest post ever on 4m and that is really saying something considering how high the stupidity bar has been set on this forum.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-01-2022, 07:46 AM
"every" is an indefensible word. They do it a lot. More so, back in the black ice days. In 2020 and 2021 the track was all topside most of the night, with a lot of moisture in it. This year, they hardly water it at all. It's become a cheap admission, cheap class track where they save money by parking The water truck. The exception is if they have supers, they go make the top fast for the feature. If supers are not on the card, they just let the track become what it becomes.

bleedblue55
07-01-2022, 09:13 AM
I'm glad the kid won, it's cool seeing different people win national races, especially regional aces. However, he's 10x better at Florence than he is any other track in the nation.

He's been pretty good at Atomic the times I've seen him run there.

Pennsboro32
07-01-2022, 09:17 AM
He's been pretty good at Atomic the times I've seen him run there.

Solid, yes. Probably his second best track but he's still no where near as good at Atomic as he is Florence.

TerryM
07-01-2022, 09:32 AM
So a young driver is better at his home track than he is anywhere else? Wow, that’s a shocker. The heats were clearly bottom dominant, and it looked like it might become a bottom lane snoozer if more track prep wasn’t done. So they prepped the track like any good promoter would. There was plenty of passing on the bottom too, in the consy and the feature. And since when did slide jobs and crossovers become bad racing? Geez, that’s the kind of stuff I pay to see. Without those kind of things, it’s basically asphalt racing. This is one of the silliest threads I’ve ever read on here. When the feature ended, I was thinking “nobody can complain about that one”!

I was wrong lol.

Pennsboro32
07-01-2022, 09:45 AM
He's obviously better at his home track. But that's not the point I'm trying to make. He's down right dominant at Florence. He may have Florence more figured out than any other driver at any other track. It's impressive, especially from a regional guy. But lets not act like he's set the world on fire anywhere else.

Highside Hustler25
07-01-2022, 09:52 AM
Spot on TerryM. The racing further back amongst the top 10 was really good. If you didn't enjoy that one, you're either blind, stupid, or just like to be negative.

Finesse.🖕

Links
07-01-2022, 09:53 AM
I see dumb people...

84wedge
07-01-2022, 10:10 AM
rockets like the cushion

TerryM
07-01-2022, 10:15 AM
And to the poster who used the year Pearson won as an example of how the track should be … do you remember who Pearson beat in a thrilling photo finish that year?

I’ll give you a hint: it was Josh Rice.

Raceready
07-01-2022, 10:41 AM
Sour Grapes !

OGRichardsFan
07-01-2022, 10:52 AM
A lot of you guys took my post as hate towards Rice, the kid admitted in his interview that he’s good at Florence and not many other places, he’s got it figured out better than any driver at any track and good for him. The bottom was dominant during heats fine than they should have worked the top. My question was why did they roll the moisture out of the bottom during intermission? Moran and Gilpin were the only drivers working the bottom groove during the feature and they weren’t very fast. So to those just bashing me answer my question, this has nothing to do with who I’m a fan of ( to the richards hater) and all about why did they take the moisture out of the bottom during track prep and make the top way more dominant? If you can’t have a normal conversation and just hate on me just don’t comment. Thank you

OGRichardsFan
07-01-2022, 10:57 AM
Spot on TerryM. The racing further back amongst the top 10 was really good. If you didn't enjoy that one, you're either blind, stupid, or just like to be negative.Finesse.Finesse wins 100 lappers, Crown Jewels and big money. Tell Mccreadie that finesse sucks when he passes on the bottom with 10 laps to go to win at eldora or Overton when he’s smooth around the middle for that big money victory. Tell that to fairbury when you can tuck to the bottom or run the top and race side by side for the whole PDC. Finesse is a great style if the top and bottom are both fast to match each other, that’s what makes a good race track

foxfire2dirtracing
07-01-2022, 11:30 AM
To the original poster of this thread:
Nobody on 4m was in charge of track prep- so you are asking the wrong crowd.

If you really want your question answered- call Me. King at Florence Speedway. And while you have him on the phone -voice your complaint about home cooking for Josh Rice. It will probably make his day!

TS FAN
07-01-2022, 11:47 AM
Florence has always watered the top before every special feature that they've had, even well before Rice even started racing. That isn't anything new. Did you ever think that maybe he's so good at running the top there because they have always prepped the track that way so he has had plenty of practice at it? This may be the dumbest post ever on 4m and that is really saying something considering how high the stupidity bar has been set on this forum.

Exactly. I have been going to Florence for more years than I can remember. LOL
This track when its right is just like it was tonight. Saying Josh King set the track up for Rice is just plain stupid. Josh King would laugh. The kid put on a show and BEAT every car on the track. Case is closed!! So what if he is better at his home track.

Highside Hustler25
07-01-2022, 12:13 PM
Unless they came back and ran another 40, I believe it was a 60 lap race.
Ok, hey T Mac, get off the hub and get up there and bang that cushion.🤪Finesse sux.
Think Tim cares what I think? Hail no. But I guarantee you, the fans would rather see him rip the top instead of being glued to the bottom.
If Rice had won that race on the bottom, the cheers and excitement level would be no where near what it was.
I don't think anyone is anointing him as the next Bloomer. But at Florence right now, he's the show.

OGRichardsFan
07-01-2022, 12:27 PM
To the original poster of this thread:Nobody on 4m was in charge of track prep- so you are asking the wrong crowd.If you really want your question answered- call Me. King at Florence Speedway. And while you have him on the phone -voice your complaint about home cooking for Josh Rice. It will probably make his day!Got his phone number?

OGRichardsFan
07-01-2022, 12:32 PM
Unless they came back and ran another 40, I believe it was a 60 lap race.Ok, hey T Mac, get off the hub and get up there and bang that cushion.浪Finesse sux.Think Tim cares what I think? Hail no. But I guarantee you, the fans would rather see him rip the top instead of being glued to the bottom. If Rice had won that race on the bottom, the cheers and excitement level would be no where near what it was.I don't think anyone is anointing him as the next Bloomer. But at Florence right now, he's the show.I think this is the 6th time I’ve said this, this post was not hating on Josh Rice, I think regional drivers should whoop the national guys on their home track as it’s good for the sport. This was about rolling the moisture out of the bottom and making the track way more dominant on the top, Sheppy held up winger for almost 10 laps on the top because winger was way slower when he tried to pass him in the middle.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-01-2022, 12:50 PM
Yes-859-493-0034

Raceready
07-01-2022, 01:03 PM
Did Tony Stewart make Eldora rough on purpose with new clay because the guy that won there liked it ? LOLI don't know if you were at Stateline Speedway, N. Y. when local guy Dave Hess outran the World of Outlaw invaders ? ? I suppose you might say that old Jim Scott had that track prepared only for Daves style ? ?

bc12
07-01-2022, 01:34 PM
Florence doesn't need to set the track up for Josh, he will do it there regardless of the surface. He's keeping the spoiler on the car too. He's North South ready.

TS FAN
07-01-2022, 02:16 PM
Here's hoping he is ready

Buford.Justice
07-01-2022, 02:17 PM
got his phone number?

1-800-call-king!!!! :)

keith94elliott
07-01-2022, 03:40 PM
good job rice imean every car there had the same track to run on.

Josh Bayko
07-01-2022, 04:48 PM
Rice is just really good at Florence. It no different than somebody like Michael Norris, who is excellent at Lernerville and PPMS and absolutely gives the national guys a run for their money when they come around and nobody accuses either place of prepping the track exclusively for him.

Raceready
07-01-2022, 05:46 PM
Rice is just really good at Florence. It no different than somebody like Michael Norris, who is excellent at Lernerville and PPMS and absolutely gives the national guys a run for their money when they come around and nobody accuses either place of prepping the track exclusively for him.If anything ,one would've thunk that those tracks might have purposely prepared those track for Lynn Giesler back in the day when he had that high profile #1 Cocran local sponsorship ?

epjfan
07-01-2022, 06:24 PM
Just asking so don’t hate on me but why is Rice not at Portsmouth? I think I know why but I’ll keep that to myself

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-01-2022, 06:51 PM
If anything ,one would've thunk that those tracks might have purposely prepared those track for Lynn Giesler back in the day when he had that high profile #1 Cocran local sponsorship ?

How would one do that? Was he 1 dimensional?

Same goes for Norris.

Raceready
07-01-2022, 07:25 PM
Maybe Portsmouth won't cooperate with Josh Rice on their track preparation like we hear that Florence does is why he opted not to be there ? ?

OGRichardsFan
07-01-2022, 07:41 PM
Maybe Portsmouth won't cooperate with Josh Rice on their track preparation like we hear that Florence does is why he opted not to be there ? ?You might into something there

epjfan
07-01-2022, 07:51 PM
Maybe Portsmouth won't cooperate with Josh Rice on their track preparation like we hear that Florence does is why he opted not to be there ? ?I’m sure Portsmouth won’t cater to Rice however I don’t believe that’s the real reason he’s not there

Highside Hustler25
07-01-2022, 08:36 PM
If I took home a $15,000.00 check on Thurs, I'd probably be celebrating on Saturday night too.

Rajflyboy
07-01-2022, 08:40 PM
Rice beat a lot of great racers

epjfan
07-01-2022, 08:49 PM
If I took home a $15,000.00 check on Thurs, I'd probably be celebrating on Saturday night too.Only problem with that Highside is this is Friday

Highside Hustler25
07-01-2022, 09:36 PM
Only problem with that Highside is this is Friday

Oops 😬 thanks. You got the picture tho.

Raceready
07-01-2022, 10:16 PM
Rice beat a lot of great racersIf'n ya study the start of this post the fellow had help from the track to ensure a win ? ?

zyoung25
07-01-2022, 10:59 PM
I seen a Facebook post where Josh was out on a boat. The 15k probably got spent on the fuel bill.

DirtyD31
07-01-2022, 11:20 PM
I honestly can’t believe this was even thought about enough to be posted. Anyone setting in the grand stands that has watched LM races at Florence in the past, was worried after the heats. It was gonna be a train race!!!! Thank god they prepped the track and gave us what we paid for. A great race, that wonder boy started mid pack in. Rice ran a great race, and had a spoiler at the end, what more could u want? I don’t care who u r, or what track it is, there was some of the best cars in the business there he had to outrun.

TS FAN
07-02-2022, 02:54 PM
Rice was never going to Portsmouth. He is out having some weekend fun. Geez.

TerryM
07-02-2022, 03:43 PM
This thread has now gone viral lol. Someone mentioned it on Facebook and they are all having fun with it there too.

TerryM
07-02-2022, 03:45 PM
You might into something there
No he isn’t on to anything. Just more nonsense.

OGRichardsFan
07-02-2022, 04:10 PM
This thread has now gone viral lol. Someone mentioned it on Facebook and they are all having fun with it there too.I really hurt some feelings if they done brought me to Facebook, I thought we were grown men not middle school teenagers

OGRichardsFan
07-02-2022, 04:17 PM
The younger Dohm made a comment similar to mine on the track conditions at Florence on Facebook and he took as much hate as me. I guess the spectators are more knowledgeable than the kid who’s on the track huh?

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-02-2022, 04:36 PM
This thread has now gone viral lol. Someone mentioned it on Facebook and they are all having fun with it there too.

You aren't allowed to critique Florence or especially if it has anything to do with Rice. It makes no difference that after track prep any odds maker would have put Rice at even money vs the field.

Highside Hustler25
07-02-2022, 05:45 PM
The little I've seen of Dohm over the years, I can see why he would be sour over a top dominant track. I've never seen him off the bottom. Nothing against him as he's good at it.

OGRichardsFan
07-02-2022, 10:06 PM
To the original poster of this thread:Nobody on 4m was in charge of track prep- so you are asking the wrong crowd.If you really want your question answered- call Me. King at Florence Speedway. And while you have him on the phone -voice your complaint about home cooking for Josh Rice. It will probably make his day!You think Mr. King was watching them features tonight? Big Don had that track racy, maybe King should invite him down for some pointers.

TerryM
07-02-2022, 10:13 PM
If you were impressed with tonight’s features, we must’ve been watching different races. But you weren’t impressed with a guy winning from the 5th row at Florence? I’m starting to think all of your 24 posts on this site are posts ripping Florence.

Raceready
07-02-2022, 10:29 PM
We raced at 1 track where the guy that led the points most years was called ' The Track Suck " because of what the favors the track owner did for him. If he got tore up bad in a race they would leave the yellow out for lap after lap until the crew straightened the body work and repaired the damages. Also if the guy got passed all of the sudden a mystery yellow would fly so that he could regroup and stay out front. he always got his position back no matter what ! Does Florance dole out the same type of favoritism towards Josh Rice ? OR it may seem so from what has been written concerning that situation with this particular event ? ?

OGRichardsFan
07-02-2022, 10:33 PM
I’m just trying to make Facebook again, but I heard in victory lane from multiple drivers that musky was racy, including watching a 4 wide battle for 3/4 of a heat. Also can someone link me the FB posts?

foxfire2dirtracing
07-02-2022, 10:37 PM
You have definitely made a “fool” out of yourself in 4m- probably on Facebook next! Maybe your goal is ESPN or FS1?

OGRichardsFan
07-02-2022, 10:39 PM
Some of my posts were supporting Pearson when people called him washed in the BD car, and others were supporting JD when people called him a wimp for not going to East Bay, this is just the first post people got riled up about lol

OGRichardsFan
07-02-2022, 10:40 PM
All these PMs from people would say otherwise @foxfire

foxfire2dirtracing
07-02-2022, 10:41 PM
Seriously: do you have some type of beef with Florence track or the Rice kid??

Raceready
07-02-2022, 10:42 PM
Rice is just really good at Florence. It no different than somebody like Michael Norris, who is excellent at Lernerville and PPMS and absolutely gives the national guys a run for their money when they come around and nobody accuses either place of prepping the track exclusively for him.Michael Norris won at Pittsburgh again tonight , Does this mean that he has the Mileys in his hip pocket ? ?

TerryM
07-02-2022, 10:43 PM
Other than RTJ, I didn’t see much passing tonight. The track was in good shape though. There just wasn’t a lot of passing. Everyone finished about where they started.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-02-2022, 10:46 PM
Don’t know about your pm’s but most that have commented to your original post- disagree with your viewpoint.
But that’s what makes America Great- agree to disagree!
I personally think it’s time to move on from this topic instead of dragging it on further and saying King needs to learn track prep from Donnie Moran.
Tonight’s features were 20 laps- let’s see if you are still impressed after tomorrow nights feature.

Raceready
07-02-2022, 10:53 PM
Seriously: do you have some type of beef with Florence track or the Rice kid??He also doesn't care much for Scott Bloomquist or Brian Shirley I presume ?

JCSullivan00
07-05-2022, 09:57 AM
Florence has sprayed the top with water every race since at least 2001-ish. It has always been a great equalizer for the guy that can get up there and run it consistently. Wayne Chinn did well, Scott James won some good sized races, Jason Jameson, and now Josh Rice. The kid cut his teeth running on a track prepped the way it has been since his racing career started.

racerx99
07-06-2022, 02:51 AM
Jameson started 13th, made it to 4th...don't think there was that much attrition....musta passed somebody...Spencer Hughes 21st to 12th..it was slider mania out there!! these cars are so different than 20 yrs ago...so is the track prep @ Florence