PDA

View Full Version : Flo linage?

lurker
07-01-2022, 10:00 PM
As I’m a little lost on who is who ---- Could someone please give me the linage of Flo sports, Flo racing, DoD and those connected, including personalities, owners, and cast. Background and so forth.

Thanks in advance.

Big Daddy 37
07-01-2022, 10:24 PM
All you need to know is, Michael (and Amber) Rigsby is the best thing that ever happened, with Late Model broadcasting.

The carnival worker hours they put in, back in the early DoD days, were unbelievable.

Now they sell DoD to FLO, and all of us Dirt Late Model fans, will be treated to so many more motorsports options.

The pairing with MavTV+, only make his legacy that much better.

over4T
07-02-2022, 10:07 AM
Flo was called Speed Shift when I first discovered it a few years back. Wish they had kept the original name. Flo sounds like a truck stop diner waitress.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-02-2022, 10:19 AM
Not sure but I think it’s the first 3 letters of the owners last name?

TerryM
07-02-2022, 11:52 AM
It comes from the CEO of Flo Sports, Mike Floreani.

TDRacin®
07-02-2022, 02:00 PM
Flo was called Speed Shift when I first discovered it a few years back. Wish they had kept the original name. Flo sounds like a truck stop diner waitress.

No, Flo bought SpeedShift just as they bought DoD.

FloSports is an over-the-top subscription sports broadcaster and streaming service. The company is based in Austin, Texas, United States, and was founded in 2006. FloSports streams live sporting events to audiences around the world.[1]

Acquisitions

The company acquired DirtonDirt.com, a grassroots racing streaming and content platform, in September 2019.[6] In June 2020, FloSports purchased Speed Shift TV and acquired 400 races, with a focus on grassroots racing.[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FloSports#Acquisitions

lurker
07-02-2022, 02:59 PM
Never crossed my mind to look up a Wiki page.

Thanks to all, and TDRacin.

I follow who Rigsby is now. Is Derik (the one lap one beer guy) just a content participant? What does he have to do with Flo Racing?

As I’ve had Flo Sports for a few years now, do I also have access to DoD and not know it?

kidrock
07-02-2022, 03:34 PM
Have you tried login in using your flo login credentials. There also might even be a link via Flo to DoD