PDA

View Full Version : Brushcreek SLM JULY 10th

racerx99
07-09-2022, 12:08 AM
Hey, anybody heading to Brushcreek Sunday for the Jackie Boggs 10K to win race? What gives with that track, nice facility , nobody seems to support it??

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-09-2022, 10:33 AM
Moran, Dohm, Keenan are some I've heard.

zyoung25
07-09-2022, 11:20 AM
Dustin Linville is coming.

They won't get much local fan support because they scheduled against the opening day of our county fair. Not a very smart move IMO. I hope they get a decent turnout for the fans that do come.

Highside Hustler25
07-09-2022, 11:58 AM
Have they added any seating lately or is it still 2 sections of grandstands? I could never figure out how they could hold these 10g races with such limited seating. Could they possibly make money?

zyoung25
07-09-2022, 12:26 PM
Have they added any seating lately or is it still 2 sections of grandstands? I could never figure out how they could hold these 10g races with such limited seating. Could they possibly make money?

They added 2 new sections last year.

Highside Hustler25
07-09-2022, 01:12 PM
Gotcha. So did that close to double the seating?

bleedblue55
07-09-2022, 01:17 PM
Seen were Jacob Hawkins has it added to his schedule

zyoung25
07-09-2022, 02:00 PM
Gotcha. So did that close to double the seating?

I don't know about doubling it, but it definitely added more. I thought I seen a Facebook comment that said it added seating for 2500 more.

Kryptonite17
07-09-2022, 03:39 PM
I’m sure you’ll get the Conley’s, maybe the Carpenter’s but maybe not Tyler he doesn’t seem to want to race for more than $2,000 this year. Maybe Casebolt.

Mike
07-09-2022, 09:43 PM
Zach Dohm
Steve Casebolt
RJ Conley
Rod Conley
Devin Moran
Ryan Markham
Dustin Linville
Jacob Hawkins
Dalton Witt
Devin Gilpin
Todd Brennan
Clint Keenan
Duane Chamberlain
Tristan Chamberlain
Shane Bailey

Kryptonite17
07-09-2022, 10:20 PM
I want to go to this but I’m just not a fan of Brushcreek since they shortened it. Probably will skip it even though it’s only a 30 minute drive.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-10-2022, 12:06 AM
^whats the problem with it now? Still pretty fast and yet a normal race track.

Mike
07-10-2022, 12:39 AM
Zach Dohm
Steve Casebolt
RJ Conley
Rod Conley
Devin Moran
Ryan Markham
Dustin Linville
Jacob Hawkins
Dalton Witt
Devin Gilpin
Todd Brennan
Clint Keenan
Duane Chamberlain
Tristan Chamberlain
Shane Bailey
Ronnie Whitt

Kryptonite17
07-10-2022, 08:35 AM
^whats the problem with it now? Still pretty fast and yet a normal race track.Just haven’t seen a race that made me want to go back the couple of times I’ve given it a shot since. It’s on Flo I’ll tune in there. Hope they get a nice car count, weather looks great today.

Mike
07-10-2022, 09:38 AM
Zach Dohm
Steve Casebolt
RJ Conley
Rod Conley
Devin Moran
Ryan Markham
Dustin Linville
Jacob Hawkins
Dalton Witt
Devin Gilpin
Todd Brennan
Clint Keenan
Duane Chamberlain
Tristan Chamberlain
Shane Bailey

Ronnie Whitt

Shane Mugavin

Mike
07-10-2022, 10:07 AM
Zach Dohm
Steve Casebolt
RJ Conley
Rod Conley
Devin Moran
Ryan Markham
Dustin Linville
Jacob Hawkins
Dalton Witt
Devin Gilpin
Todd Brennan
Clint Keenan
Duane Chamberlain
Tristan Chamberlain
Shane Bailey

Ronnie Whitt

Shane Mugavin
Tyler Carpenter
Kent Keyser

Mike
07-10-2022, 01:41 PM
Zach Dohm
Steve Casebolt
RJ Conley
Rod Conley
Devin Moran
Ryan Markham
Dustin Linville
Jacob Hawkins
Dalton Witt
Devin Gilpin
Todd Brennan
Clint Keenan
Duane Chamberlain
Tristan Chamberlain
Shane Bailey

Ronnie Whitt

Shane Mugavin
Tyler Carpenter
Kent Keyser

Austyn Mills
Trevor Landrum

Mike
07-10-2022, 02:59 PM
Zach Dohm
Steve Casebolt
RJ Conley
Rod Conley
Devin Moran
Ryan Markham
Dustin Linville
Jacob Hawkins
Dalton Witt
Devin Gilpin
Todd Brennan
Clint Keenan
Duane Chamberlain
Tristan Chamberlain
Shane Bailey
Ronnie Whitt
Shane Mugavin
Tyler Carpenter
Kent Keyser
Austyn Mills
Trevor Landrum
Austin Lay

Kryptonite17
07-10-2022, 04:37 PM
Dry as a bone before hot laps are over. Good ole Brushcreek.

Hoosier_Dirt
07-10-2022, 04:38 PM
Dry as a bone before hot laps are over. Good ole Brushcreek.

No doubt!! They lose the keys to the water truck?

Kryptonite17
07-10-2022, 04:42 PM
Another reason I rarely go to Brushcreek. It’s a shame they get some good cars and it’s toast before qualifying.

BTExpress
07-10-2022, 04:58 PM
Just put on FLO to get my first ever look at Bushcreek. FLO has been great to see tracks I have only read about. My first impression is that I have never seen an infield as "RUSTIC" as this one. It will be interesting to see how the track races? Sometimes you can't judge a book by it's cover, but the facility looks a little rough compared to my local tracks.

HoosierDirtFan
07-10-2022, 05:18 PM
According to Dirt on Dirt.

36 cars entered.

zyoung25
07-10-2022, 05:37 PM
Just put on FLO to get my first ever look at Bushcreek. FLO has been great to see tracks I have only read about. My first impression is that I have never seen an infield as "RUSTIC" as this one. It will be interesting to see how the track races? Sometimes you can't judge a book by it's cover, but the facility looks a little rough compared to my local tracks.

It's really not that bad facility wise. Bathrooms are nice, bleachers are what you would see at a high school game. The concession stand isn't the greatest though. It's literally 15mins from my house.

As far as the track being junk......give them a chance. It poured on us all day yesterday. You put too much water on it, we have a cornfield. Not enough water, and we get what we got.

The water truck literally sprays water from every corner of the truck itself. It will be better.

Mike
07-10-2022, 05:39 PM
According to Dirt on Dirt.

36 cars entered.

38 entrees

https://twitter.com/mike_ohio26/status/1546251773823909888?s=21&t=cnO-Kl5XfHpp_F4Qvn8M3A

Highside Hustler25
07-10-2022, 05:42 PM
I like the unique configuration. We had a similar track close to me but it closed years ago.

Mike
07-10-2022, 05:48 PM

The infield looks that way because the have a demolition derby pit in the middle and the other barriers are from the “legend car road coarse” they raced last week. Then the water truck, tractors and various track prep equipment. I wish they wouldn’t keep it junked up It can give off a bad first impression, but if your willing to give it a chance it usually doesn’t disappoint.

As for the other 2 on the thread complaining about it being dry. They just out some water down and are currently working the track before the heat races.

Kryptonite17
07-10-2022, 05:56 PM
Not complaining. The track was dry slick before hot laps were over. That’s all I said. And that’s been the case every time I’ve been to Brushcreek.

epjfan
07-10-2022, 06:36 PM
Not sure about a bad track but those heat races I just saw wasn’t bad

Tnewton
07-10-2022, 06:43 PM
So what size was the track before? Looks to be 3/8 now.. they sure made it have character with the shape of the track!

TerryM
07-10-2022, 07:03 PM
Rice and Dohm ran side by side for the lead for nearly the entire 10 laps of Heat One.

Harper00HFan
07-10-2022, 07:27 PM
Was one of my favorite tracks back in the day but not dry slick as it is now.

Mike
07-10-2022, 07:28 PM
So what size was the track before? Looks to be 3/8 now.. they sure made it have character with the shape of the track!

The old track was advertised as 3/8 mile but it was more like a big 1/2 mile. They ran wide open all the way around. A lot of guys complained it was to hard on engines.

TerryM
07-10-2022, 07:32 PM
Am I the only one who saw the two gals slugging it out behind the flag stand lol?

BTExpress
07-10-2022, 07:46 PM
"The infield looks that way because the have a demolition derby pit in the middle and the other barriers are from the “legend car road coarse” they raced last week. Then the water truck, tractors and various track prep equipment. I wish they wouldn’t keep it junked up It can give off a bad first impression, but if your willing to give it a chance it usually doesn’t disappoint."

I just searched the internet and saw several photos taken from the sky. You are right, it doesn't look like a bad facility at all. The stands look nice, as well as the concession stand. It is a shame they don't try and clean up the infield a little bit to make a better impression.

Highside Hustler25
07-10-2022, 07:49 PM
Am I the only one who saw the two gals slugging it out behind the flag stand lol?

A couple of T Carp's pit lizards?

zyoung25
07-10-2022, 07:55 PM
I was told a couple dogs got into it near the flagstand, I'm guessing the cat fight stemmed from that.

A pit bull attacked Jackie Boggs Great Dane. Anybody that has been around that pooch can tell ya it doesn't have a mean bone in its body.

Kryptonite17
07-10-2022, 08:02 PM
For anyone not from the area who’s never been to Brushcreek and is interested in seeing it before it was cut down to the size it is now, I’ll post a video link to a world of outlaws race from 2005 below.https://youtu.be/1tZiAeCJ07MClearly hard on motors but it was wicked fast.

TerryM
07-10-2022, 08:36 PM
What a race!

BTExpress
07-10-2022, 08:37 PM
That was a very entertaining feature. Couldn't ask for anything better on a Sunday night!

Highside Hustler25
07-10-2022, 08:38 PM
That was some hot diggity driving by Dohm. He turned back everything Devin could throw at him.

Kryptonite17
07-10-2022, 08:42 PM
Devin is a good guy. Anyone else would’ve parked it on his nose. Impressed Dohm ran the top that well, not his cup of tea.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-10-2022, 09:32 PM
Kryptonite17, in the words of Russell Crowe, "were you not entertained?"

Kryptonite17
07-10-2022, 09:44 PM
It was a good race.

Mike
07-10-2022, 10:34 PM
Kryptonite17, in the words of Russell Crowe, "were you not entertained?"

It’s amazing the people that were complaining about the track (not just on here) in the middle of the day on a hot summer day only to turn around a few hours later to say it was possibly a top 5 race of the year.

GEAR_HEAD
07-10-2022, 10:45 PM
The top groove was pretty good, they were obviously trying to fix the race for Rice to win like Florence does.

zyoung25
07-11-2022, 03:14 AM
It was all over Twitter too Mike. People like to be a grandstand promoters. I'm pretty critical of the place for other reasons, but it almost always generates good racing.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-11-2022, 06:15 AM
It was all over Twitter too Mike. People like to be a grandstand promoters. I'm pretty critical of the place for other reasons, but it almost always generates good racing.

Kinda how I feel. There are problems there. But the track configuration is one of the positives.

JabberJaws83
07-11-2022, 06:51 AM
Anyone ever attend a race with the old configuration? That place was nuts!

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-11-2022, 07:07 AM

Yes. And raced on it too, one time. I had zero use for it. The current track is pretty cool though.

zyoung25
07-11-2022, 09:57 AM

I had a good friend that tested his sprint car there not long after it opened. He said it literally made him dizzy being out there. It didn't help the lighting was very poor. He said he knew what it felt like to be in the twilight zone.

Hoosier_Dirt
07-11-2022, 01:01 PM
I gotta admit, that feature was a good one. Id never guessed it after hotlaps.

Drop Shock
07-11-2022, 01:26 PM
Similar to Beckley, everything surrounding the track is a little bit of a circus but the on track racing hardly ever disappoints. It would be great to see a really big show there in the future

Raceready
07-11-2022, 01:54 PM
Anyone ever attend a race with the old configuration? That place was nuts!The track was darn hear a completely round shape ! !

Kryptonite17
07-11-2022, 02:23 PM
I’m not going race of the year. Certainly not better than Davenport or first night of Deer Creek Lucas races. Those actually had passes to win the race. Devin made the show what it was. Dohm was great on the top and you had to be up there to win the race. Glad Brushcreek put on a good show.

TerryM
07-11-2022, 04:20 PM
I knew there’d be some people b!tching. Always is.

Mike
07-11-2022, 08:23 PM

Kinda how I feel. There are problems there. But the track configuration is one of the positives.

Twitter was the other platform I was talking about, zyoung25.

As for being critical they certainly do some things that leave me scratching my head. But as far as actual racing in my opinion it’s the best in this area. If Tom sees the surface going away he’s not afraid to work on it to bring it back. I’ve been to other tracks that looked the way Brushcreek did after hot laps/qualifying and the track was never touched all night.

They have worked to make some things better. They have gotten more efficient at running races. Last night there really wasn’t much to complain about. A cleaner infield may have made qualifying a little more efficient, (and looked better on Flo) but overall it wasn’t bad at all.

I’m not saying they are perfect. You certainly can find things to criticize them about but track prep isn’t one. For Kryptonite17 to say he doesn’t go there because of the track prep/racing surface and he lives 30 minutes from the track just leaves me scratching my head. He must not go to any of the other tracks in the area either because they are not out preforming Brushcreek’a track prep.

Kryptonite17
07-11-2022, 10:27 PM
Dear Mike, I suppose I am not allowed to prefer other tracks over Brushcreek. Forgive me as I have small children and a wife who are not interested in going to the races. I’m lucky if I can make it to 3-5 races a year. And you’re right I tend to use those chances to go to Eldora, Florence etc. It was on Floracing which I pay $150 for annually so I knew I could watch without having to go. I said it was a good race. The guy who started on the pole won, he got passed just for a few corners by a few sliders from one heck of a driver who made the race incredibly entertaining. That’s what I saw. I’ll try not to have anymore opinions you don’t care for, sir.

Mike
07-12-2022, 04:18 AM
PMKryptonite17 You could have just said you prefer 1/2 miles and your wife and small child didn’t want to go instead of bashing the track prep. BTW the guy who started on the pole finished 6th.

racerx99
07-12-2022, 09:32 PM
well goleeee..good car turnout..good racin...what the the heck did ya want for a hot summer day? yea,yea looked a little junkie..maybe go topless next year!!? Jackie Boggs always kicked a$$ in those races @ the creek...(YEA I liked the D shaped original layout, if they got it right they never lifted, but it didn't lend to much 'racin' and a motor killer I heard).
Bummer he passed, I thought something was up at that last DTWC he was at, he just kinda raced around.....

Mike
07-13-2022, 05:31 PM
Flo Racing Sweet Mfg. race of the week. https://www.facebook.com/FloRacing.tv/videos/1080633939473959/

Barbecueboy
07-13-2022, 05:39 PM
Love your signature Mike……I’m a huge old school Houston Oiler fan, and hope the buckeyes lose every game…..buckeye fans make them almost unwatchable.

zyoung25
07-13-2022, 06:33 PM
BBQ, have you been around a crowd of Alabama football or UK basketball fans during a game? They aren't far off of buckeye fans. I'd almost say they are worse.

Raceready
07-13-2022, 08:03 PM
BBQ, have you been around a crowd of Alabama football or UK basketball fans during a game? They aren't far off of buckeye fans. I'd almost say they are worse.Things just haven't been the same at THE OHIO STATE since Woody Hayes left ! !

Mike
07-13-2022, 09:49 PM
Thanks Barbecueboy. As a Cincinnati fan I hate the Steelers and Buckeyes for obvious reasons.

As a Bengal fan I probably should have hated the Houston Oilers too. I’m sure you remember Sam Wyche‘s disdain for Jerry Glanville and when he ran up the score on the Oilers. I never really hated the Oilers though. I liked that run and shoot offense. Warren Moon could really toss the ole pigskin around the yard.

Barbecueboy
07-13-2022, 10:26 PM
I liked watching Earl Campbell run through people…..Dan pastorini, Billy white shoes Johnson and those guys.

I didn’t hate on the steelers really unless they were playing the oilers…..the Buckeyes though, I haven’t liked them since woody cheap shotted the Clemson player and should have gotten his teeth kicked in by the entire Clemson sideline for it.

The karma payback joke later on in life was that the Buckeyes had that big O on their field because it signified the number of points they scored against Clemson the year the tigers whacked them.

Barbecueboy
07-13-2022, 10:29 PM
BBQ, have you been around a crowd of Alabama football or UK basketball fans during a game? They aren't far off of buckeye fans. I'd almost say they are worse.

I grew up a tar heel fan and we weren’t much better during basketball season back then, but the buckeye fans take it to “ posse” level ( if you know what I mean)when it comes to making excuses for poor performances.

Sore ass losers most of them.

dirtcrazy4u
07-14-2022, 05:18 AM
Here we go steelers, here we go. Count those trophies boys. As a former seat holder at 3 rivers stadium, you (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Katz never could roar with the big cats. :) :) :)

Raceready
07-14-2022, 01:32 PM
Here we go steelers, here we go. Count those trophies boys. As a former seat holder at 3 rivers stadium, you (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Katz never could roar with the big cats. :) :) :)Its going to take a while to get used to the new name of the stadiun . . .

Buford.Justice
07-14-2022, 03:35 PM
Acrisure Stadium???? The players should be "insured" well.