PDA

View Full Version : Rocket and B Shepp

Rajflyboy
07-12-2022, 10:24 AM
I hear they went back to West by God Virginia to get some new cars built up. They needed a refresh on equipment due to normal wear and tear. I think they are about to win a lot of races when they get back on the road. They may give JD and Chris some serious competition.

bc12
07-12-2022, 10:57 AM
awesome sauce

Raceready
07-12-2022, 01:25 PM
I hear they went back to West by God Virginia to get some new cars built up. They needed a refresh on equipment due to normal wear and tear. I think they are about to win a lot of races when they get back on the road. They may give JD and Chris some serious competition.But then again they might be running the same as the last few years when the team has come up short in the big important races ? ?

Rajflyboy
07-12-2022, 04:03 PM
But then again they might be running the same as the last few years when the team has come up short in the big important races ? ?They can win any race they enter and now they are apparently not testing anymore and going for wins.

Raceready
07-12-2022, 04:18 PM
They can win any race they enter and now they are apparently not testing anymore and going for wins.Ya mean that it has been 2 years of testing is why a house car with more resources and data than most everyone else hasn't won any of the major significant events ? ? We did not know that .

foxfire2dirtracing
07-12-2022, 04:56 PM
Flyboy is the encyclopedia of Dirt Racing!

Rajflyboy
07-12-2022, 07:35 PM
Ya mean that it has been 2 years of testing is why a house car with more resources and data than most everyone else hasn't won any of the major significant events ? ? We did not know that .The house cars have to test and try to get better. Stay on top. I think Rocket 1 is just going for wins this last half of season. Less testing and more winning.

Rajflyboy
07-12-2022, 07:37 PM
Flyboy is the encyclopedia of Dirt Racing!No. I don’t know all 10,000 late models that race weekly in America.

Raceready
07-12-2022, 10:20 PM
I hear they went back to West by God Virginia to get some new cars built up. They needed a refresh on equipment due to normal wear and tear. I think they are about to win a lot of races when they get back on the road. They may give JD and Chris some serious competition.Don't you think that this union might have ran its course and has lost the chemistry needed to remain successful ? ? Put a young hungry driver like Terbo Erb in that car and watch it start winning some big ones . Heck even Coconut Head would maybe do better job of keeping it up front where it usually qualifies because of all of its resources behind it !

Barbecueboy
07-12-2022, 10:39 PM
Chemistry means a bunch to a team but Shep ain’t going anywhere, that’s just silly talk.

I’m no fan of MR but he ain’t a dummy and Bshepp is the genuine article, the respect for each other is very apparent.

Rajflyboy
07-13-2022, 10:51 AM
B Shepp is solid. Perfect for the Rocket car. I’d love to see Josh drive a second Rocket house car but I guess that will never happen.

JabberJaws83
07-13-2022, 11:37 AM
LOL, I'm a Terbo fan, but he isn't exactly the type of driver Mark is going to put in the house car.

Pennsboro32
07-13-2022, 11:42 AM
Don't you think that this union might have ran its course and has lost the chemistry needed to remain successful ? ? Put a young hungry driver like Terbo Erb in that car and watch it start winning some big ones . Heck even Coconut Head would maybe do better job of keeping it up front where it usually qualifies because of all of its resources behind it !

Congrats on winning dumbest post of the week.

Barbecueboy
07-13-2022, 01:07 PM
LOL, I'm a Terbo fan, but he isn't exactly the type of driver Mark is going to put in the house car.

Josh used to kinda drive like terbo….but being family dad probably gave him a pass.

Rajflyboy
07-13-2022, 01:22 PM
But Josh won a lot and won 3 races in a 24 hour period at Florida speed weeks. I’d love to see a reunion of Dad and Son at some point. Josh has had a difficult year.

Raceready
07-13-2022, 01:28 PM
The house team had allowed itself to become complacent . It was so common for them to show up, qualify up front, and win because they had the best in class at every race. Every driver that ran that ride even temporaraily won with it because it was so above and beyond what everyone else had. Longhorn came along and it has been a rude awakening for Rocket in manys opinion. As in any other business if things aren't working as normal it is time to make wholesale changes . Maybe the answer is trying a new program with some personnel changes ? ?

Bradley
07-13-2022, 01:39 PM
Congrats on winning dumbest post of the week.

Exactly what I was thinking .....

Raceready
07-13-2022, 02:03 PM
The house team had allowed itself to become complacent . It was so common for them to show up, qualify up front, and win because they had the best in class at every race. Every driver that ran that ride even temporaraily won with it because it was so above and beyond what everyone else had. Longhorn came along and it has been a rude awakening for Rocket in manys opinion. As in any other business if things aren't working as normal it is time to make wholesale changes . Maybe the answer is trying a new program with some personnel changes ? ?Too bad these apologists can't see the wood through the forest on this matter. Something is broke and there is a change that needs be made sooner than later . . .

racer9n
07-13-2022, 02:09 PM
The house team had allowed itself to become complacent . It was so common for them to show up, qualify up front, and win because they had the best in class at every race. Every driver that ran that ride even temporaraily won with it because it was so above and beyond what everyone else had. Longhorn came along and it has been a rude awakening for Rocket in manys opinion. As in any other business if things aren't working as normal it is time to make wholesale changes . Maybe the answer is trying a new program with some personnel changes ? ?

Longhorn team Davenport, Larson, Overton ,T-Mac , Marlar and Moran Vs Team Rocket B Sheppard , Madden, Dennis Erb, Tyler Erb, Max Blair and Rick Eckert . lots of wins for both sides. cars sold Rocket Many, Team Longhorn not near as many. I would still buy a Rocket over a Longhorn. I don't think JD or Overton or T Mac Or Larson Buy there Longhorns.

84wedge
07-13-2022, 02:23 PM
I've watched a bunch of videos on the Rocket shop in WV, and it's pretty common to see Sheppard in the background working on something. I think it would be tough to find a driver as good as he is that's also a good employee. Lord knows Josh isn't picking up a wrench.

84wedge
07-13-2022, 07:00 PM
The house cars have to test and try to get better. Stay on top. I think Rocket 1 is just going for wins this last half of season. Less testing and more winning.It would have made more sense to go for wins when there was a chance to win a million and six more figures at Eldora.

Raceready
07-13-2022, 07:49 PM
It would have made more sense to go for wins when there was a chance to win a million and six more figures at Eldora.One would have thought so . . .

Rajflyboy
07-13-2022, 08:42 PM
House cars test. I thought someone on here explained that in detail a few weeks back. B Shepp works on the cars. Much respect for him 👍

84wedge
07-14-2022, 07:36 PM
Their spoiler tonight doesn't say Rocket XR1, just Rocket 1.

Raceready
07-14-2022, 07:57 PM
Their spoiler tonight doesn't say Rocket XR1, just Rocket 1.Just 1 Rocket , eh' ?

kidrock
07-14-2022, 08:10 PM
Bsheep has said they have been trying different stuff. They have nothing to prove to anyone. They've won their fair share of races and Championships.

Raceready
07-14-2022, 08:19 PM
Bsheep has said they have been trying different stuff. They have nothing to prove to anyone. They've won their fair share of races and Championships.And well they should have . what with it being a house car ! !

KTMLew
07-14-2022, 08:20 PM
their spoiler tonight doesn't say rocket xr1, just rocket 1.

new track record!

Raceready
07-14-2022, 08:23 PM
new track record!Maybe they are " BACK on TRACK " ??

kidrock
07-14-2022, 08:24 PM
And well they should have . what with it being a house car ! !

Then they didn't disappoint.

Raceready
07-14-2022, 08:38 PM
Then they didn't disappoint.Maybe this will put them old boys back in the " Drivers Seat " to win a crown jewell ! !

9kchas24
07-15-2022, 12:21 PM
Rockets generally are quite good on tacky surfaces. It's the smoother surfaces that they seem to be hurting on forward bite... Looked good at I-70 until they toasted the motor... ( tacky )

KTMLew
07-15-2022, 12:50 PM
Rockets generally are quite good on tacky surfaces. It's the smoother surfaces that they seem to be hurting on forward bite... Looked good at I-70 until they toasted the motor... ( tacky )

I'm gonna go kick my dog again over that one. Can't believe they didn't get more air to the radiator. Guess motors are cheap. And finishing waaaay back doesn't hurt you Championship run. Just stupid.

Raceready
07-15-2022, 12:52 PM
I'm gonna go kick my dog again over that one. Can't believe they didn't get more air to the radiator. Guess motors are cheap. And finishing waaaay back doesn't hurt you Championship run. Just stupid.What , if anything were they thinking ? ?

KTMLew
07-15-2022, 01:34 PM
What , if anything were they thinking ? ?

I know these decisions are easy from my recliner. If my dumbass, as some have called me, can see this issue...?

Raceready
07-15-2022, 01:48 PM
I know these decisions are easy from my recliner. If my dumbass, as some have called me, can see this issue...?Maybe " Common Sense " isn't so common ? ?

84wedge
07-15-2022, 02:09 PM
Did anyone catch the shot of Sheppard getting out of the car, the crew guys standing around, and Mark Richards sitting on his bike not even looking at them? Might be my new screensaver.

KTMLew
07-15-2022, 03:01 PM
Did anyone catch the shot of Sheppard getting out of the car, the crew guys standing around, and Mark Richards sitting on his bike not even looking at them? Might be my new screensaver.

I know we are having fun stuffing Mark & Team in a closet but nobody opened a hole in their nose for more air and everybody else finished that tried too. Some DID pull off instead of blowing up unobtanium engines.

It just boggles the mind. 5th pays waaay more points than they got for that effort. He could have eased over and let some guy by BEFORE it exploded. Just concede the win. Still amazes me.

WTF WERE they thinking?

TheJet-09
07-15-2022, 03:18 PM
I have no dog in this fight, but has someone come out and acknowledged it was a coolant/temp related failure? Every one of those engines is a ticking time bomb. Some tick longer than others.

I understand "points racing" and have even done it myself. But that typically involves not putting yourself in risky positions on the track. It doesn't mean looking to run 5th when your car is capable of winning...? How would that conversation go with Valvoline, or anybody else who has a substantial investment in that operation?

kipling
07-15-2022, 03:27 PM
He was leading as he was coming to the white flag. No racer I know would just pull over out of the way in that situation.

over4T
07-15-2022, 03:39 PM
Jet said it right. Granted, extreme heat is definitely a concern but that doesn't automatically make it the reason for blowing a engine. We've destroyed them in 45 degree temps just as often as we have when it's 100 out, and it's that hot most of our season in NorCal.

KTMLew
07-15-2022, 03:47 PM
I have no dog in this fight, but has someone come out and acknowledged it was a coolant/temp related failure? Every one of those engines is a ticking time bomb. Some tick longer than others.

I understand "points racing" and have even done it myself. But that typically involves not putting yourself in risky positions on the track. It doesn't mean looking to run 5th when your car is capable of winning...? How would that conversation go with Valvoline, or anybody else who has a substantial investment in that operation?

I'd bet it was running North of 270 degrees. Had bonus money covering his eyes.

KTMLew
07-15-2022, 03:49 PM
He was leading as he was coming to the white flag. No racer I know would just pull over out of the way in that situation.

Another I'd bet, today, he wishes he had backed it down and took a top 3. The points lost are gonna hurt bad

ZERO25
07-15-2022, 04:09 PM

That 44 aint lacking forward bite!

84wedge
07-15-2022, 05:25 PM
Bsheep has said they have been trying different stuff. They have nothing to prove to anyone. They've won their fair share of races and Championships.They have a lot to prove. They were the big fish in the small pond competeing against, and beating, lower level competition in WoO. Sheppard never won a points title in Lucas Oil driving the Best Motorsports car, but Josh did in his first year. The fact they didn't even decide to run Lucas Oil until they had a nice padded points lead out of Florida is an indicator that they thought they could run away with it and shut up the naysayers, prove themselves after dominating the tour that didn't have a single Longhorn chassis on it last year. I think a third place finish behind McCreadie and Thornton would be a reality check for Mark Richards. There is no reason (beyond they're not good enough) that they shouldn't be able to win the Lucas Oil Tour. They are the team with the most money, most research, most parts, and flat out most resources. Why would Valvoline finish behind Mega Plumbing? Who's heard of Mega Plumbing?

Hoosier_Dirt
07-15-2022, 05:31 PM
They dont have the most money. Mega plumbing has been on JD's cars for many years.

Highside Hustler25
07-15-2022, 05:47 PM
I have no dog in this fight, but has someone come out and acknowledged it was a coolant/temp related failure? Every one of those engines is a ticking time bomb. Some tick longer than others

You got to remember, you're dealing with folks that are on the floor playing with their die-casts while watching Flo.

KTMLew
07-15-2022, 06:09 PM
You got to remember, you're dealing with folks that are on the floor playing with their die-casts while watching Flo.

And exactly who are you?

Highside Hustler25
07-15-2022, 06:13 PM
And exactly who are you?

Same guy, minus the die-casts.

KTMLew
07-15-2022, 06:39 PM
Same guy, minus the die-casts.

Just proves you are uninformed. Not only do I have ZERO diecast I also don't have Flo.

kidrock
07-15-2022, 06:55 PM
Maybe this will put them old boys back in the " Drivers Seat " to win a crown jewell ! !

I hope so, they put the time in to be good and I'm curious if they found something while trying different stuff or did they go back to what they know.

ImCryn2
07-15-2022, 07:04 PM
I'd bet it was running North of 270 degrees. Had bonus money covering his eyes.

Bloomquist says those Roush/Durham fords don't blow up, even when the water pump falls off, so heat couldn't have been the issue right? :)

kidrock
07-15-2022, 07:14 PM
They have a lot to prove. They were the big fish in the small pond competeing against, and beating, lower level competition in WoO. Sheppard never won a points title in Lucas Oil driving the Best Motorsports car, but Josh did in his first year. The fact they didn't even decide to run Lucas Oil until they had a nice padded points lead out of Florida is an indicator that they thought they could run away with it and shut up the naysayers, prove themselves after dominating the tour that didn't have a single Longhorn chassis on it last year. I think a third place finish behind McCreadie and Thornton would be a reality check for Mark Richards. There is no reason (beyond they're not good enough) that they shouldn't be able to win the Lucas Oil Tour. They are the team with the most money, most research, most parts, and flat out most resources. Why would Valvoline finish behind Mega Plumbing? Who's heard of Mega Plumbing?

They have won many races on both tours and have beat the best in the business and have won Crown Jewel events and Championships maybe not to your satisfaction and I understand that but, they don't need to prove nothing to me. I see they have a good team with a good driver and good sponsors and sometimes that equals winning but, not always but, what I do know you sure are entitled to your opinion.

KTMLew
07-15-2022, 07:48 PM
They have won many races on both tours and have beat the best in the business and have won Crown Jewel events and Championships maybe not to your satisfaction and I understand that but, they don't need to prove nothing to me. I see they have a good team with a good driver and good sponsors and sometimes that equals winning but, not always but, what I do know you sure are entitled to your opinion.

He big mad about something.

kidrock
07-15-2022, 08:53 PM
He big mad about something.

It sounds like he doesn't like team Rocket.

KTMLew
07-15-2022, 08:54 PM
It sounds like he doesn't like team Rocket.

You are quite perceptive. Looks like they stuffed the rods back in the motor. Wonder if that was a fresh one in that new car?

Raceready
07-15-2022, 08:56 PM
They have a lot to prove. They were the big fish in the small pond competeing against, and beating, lower level competition in WoO. Sheppard never won a points title in Lucas Oil driving the Best Motorsports car, but Josh did in his first year. The fact they didn't even decide to run Lucas Oil until they had a nice padded points lead out of Florida is an indicator that they thought they could run away with it and shut up the naysayers, prove themselves after dominating the tour that didn't have a single Longhorn chassis on it last year. I think a third place finish behind McCreadie and Thornton would be a reality check for Mark Richards. There is no reason (beyond they're not good enough) that they shouldn't be able to win the Lucas Oil Tour. They are the team with the most money, most research, most parts, and flat out most resources. Why would Valvoline finish behind Mega Plumbing? Who's heard of Mega Plumbing?You are very well versed with your great knowledge of racing . I've been trying to get through to the apologists for a very long time that the house car should win every event with all of their data and the newest of the newest trick parts that nobody has immediate access to .Anybody that watches AMA professional Motocross will tell you that it is usually a factory team that wins most everything. They are expected to .

Pennsboro32
07-16-2022, 06:58 AM
This thread is hilarious.

dirtcrazy4u
07-16-2022, 07:13 AM
Usually if it's heat related a motor starts to slow down, a lot. The first things to go are either a hose or the headgaskets. That thing just went bang, he sure didn't look to be slowing down at all. Back to your die-cast racing.

Raceready
07-16-2022, 07:15 AM
They have won many races on both tours and have beat the best in the business and have won Crown Jewel events and Championships maybe not to your satisfaction and I understand that but, they don't need to prove nothing to me. I see they have a good team with a good driver and good sponsors and sometimes that equals winning but, not always but, what I do know you sure are entitled to your opinion.What have they done for you lately ? ?