PDA

View Full Version : Dohm/Putnam @ Richmond

TerryM
07-17-2022, 09:19 AM
I like Zack, but he went gonzo last night — on and off the track, and on Facebook too. I just watched the replay on Flo and I can’t see where Putnam did anything dirty to cause Dohm to do what he did to the 212. Looked like a clean pass to me. I only watched the feature though. Did something happen in the heats between these two? I figured Zack just had a heat of the moment deal, but then he went off on Facebook too. What did I miss?

jr29
07-17-2022, 09:25 AM
Putnam ruffles a lot of feathers but I didn't think he did anything too crazy last night. He kinda rooted his way down to the bottom a little bit on Dohm but I didn't think it was overly aggressive.

I like Dohm but he called Putnam "midpack at best" and that just isn't true. He wins local races and often runs top 5 or wins regional races.

HoosierDirtFan
07-17-2022, 09:42 AM
TerryM

I saw that Facebook post as well on my way home from Fairbury. I'd say he went a little overboard on his post. Going bonkers might be the correct term.

TerryM
07-17-2022, 09:46 AM
We’ve seen Putnam several times down here in our area. He’s fun to watch. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him do anything dirty. And he’s definitely not a mid pack guy. He’s a future star IMO.

jr29
07-17-2022, 09:54 AM
Oh, he's pulled some moves where I would understand a wall stuffing in return. I'm just not sure last night was one of those moves.

King1
07-17-2022, 10:01 AM
It started with Linville. Linville elbowed him on the start and when Putnam got back to him he elbowed him back and Linville drove like a moron in attempt to get back to him.

Putnam did clear himself on that restart but it’s kind of a necessary evil at Richmond. Dohm didn’t have to blatantly mow him down because he did it. Some of these guys feel like they’re entitled to run up front, and when a new guy shows up and takes it from him, they end up bullying the new guy.

Josh Putnam isn’t part of the whole Dohm, Linville, rice, and Moran buddy club, so he don’t even get the courtesy of being raced hard, he just gets turned. Kinda toxic if you ask me.

Thedoctor
07-17-2022, 10:32 AM
In the last year or so I’ve now seen Dohm lose it last night with Putnam and last year with Fergy. Both times running to Facebook. What a idiot.

Barbecueboy
07-17-2022, 11:07 AM
Facebook,lol…….internet’s ”meet me behind the gym after school”.

High school was fun.

foxfire2dirtracing
07-17-2022, 11:20 AM
BBQ
Exactly right!
A big part of what’s wrong with our Society now. Too many people are addicted to it!

castone
07-17-2022, 11:32 AM
I was not at the race, but I did see the video where Dohm turned Putnam and on race results both were DQED so why was Putnam dqed ?

dirtSLMracing
07-17-2022, 11:53 AM
Not sure why but people these days need attention. Those "look at me" sites survive because people need that attention. I am convinced that if social media was banned, 75% of society would just kill right over.

Barbecueboy
07-17-2022, 12:20 PM
I was not at the race, but I did see the video where Dohm turned Putnam and on race results both were DQED so why was Putnam dqed ?

They both got out of their cars on the track is what the announcer said….

Barbecueboy
07-17-2022, 12:22 PM
That and the Facebook commando’s know they never have to show up behind the gym and can chirp and type with impunity…….

King1
07-17-2022, 12:36 PM
I would say you probably need to look at the person behind his social media accounts. His wife is the first one to be confrontational and overly dramatic.

bleedblue55
07-17-2022, 12:43 PM
Isn't Putnam the one who had a little dust up with Jake Hawkins at Beckley a couple weeks ago.

jr29
07-17-2022, 01:45 PM
Isn't Putnam the one who had a little dust up with Jake Hawkins at Beckley a couple weeks ago.

Yes. He's had dustups with quite a few drivers.

If Dohm wants to be mad I kinda get it, but acting like Putnam isn't fast is just silly. He just won in eastern Kentucky last month racing against cars that Dohm runs with pretty often. He runs top 5 all the time. Just look at the events on his website.

NorthAlabama
07-17-2022, 01:47 PM
One fan posted that that race was suppose to be in-between rice and dohm, putnam messed it up. That race is owned by 4 regional drivers, stay away everyone, it is their turf.......I Googled dohm and all of the writeups was about his doping. He did not think that they would sample the left rear tire also.

Pennsboro32
07-17-2022, 01:53 PM
I found it ironic Garrett Smith was on the post talking about Putnam being dirty.

bleedblue55
07-17-2022, 02:22 PM
One fan posted that that race was suppose to be in-between rice and dohm, putnam messed it up. That race is owned by 4 regional drivers, stay away everyone, it is their turf.......I Googled dohm and all of the writeups was about his doping. He did not think that they would sample the left rear tire also.
OK there Homer

B_K
07-17-2022, 02:28 PM
Putnam has been running into cars (and fists) for over a decade. He’s always been ready to use all eight tires at all times. Last few years he has gotten better and seemed to chill a bit, but seems to be making friends again as of late.

He’s no future star, he’s no scrub. He’s a solid regional race car driver.

Drop Shock
07-17-2022, 03:53 PM
Guy can give it out but can’t take it. He turned left before the flagstand and ripped the nose off the 17. If Zack doesn’t lift for him after he turned straight left on that tight track on a restart it’s likely the entire field was gonna get tore up. Watched him rough up Hawkins at Beckley a few weeks ago too, he’s just a weapon. Zack deserved to go to the tail, obviously he dumped him, but I don’t get why people act like it wasn’t warranted. Zack is pretty well regarded by people for being one of the cleanest drivers out there, Putnam is known for the exact opposite

bc12
07-18-2022, 10:29 AM
i dont understand the whole trash everybody on facebook thing no matter which way you go it just makes you look bad

dirtSLMracing
07-18-2022, 11:08 AM
i dont understand the whole trash everybody on facebook thing no matter which way you go it just makes you look bad

It's for attention.

Buford.Justice
07-18-2022, 02:30 PM
King1, nice analysis on post #6.

Hoosier_Dirt
07-18-2022, 06:17 PM
I dont think Zack runs his facebook, I think its his wife.

JabberJaws83
07-18-2022, 06:23 PM
I dont think Zack runs his facebook, I think its his wife.

That doesn’t make it any better, in fact it may make it worse lol

King1
07-18-2022, 06:32 PM
Much like Tyler carpenters wife. They’re the first ones to run their mouths about anyone who comes within 6 inches of their husbands cars and also the first ones to run their mouth about their husbands if they run bad and say dumb stuff like “he needs to get up on the wheel”

kazual
07-18-2022, 07:21 PM
Exactly, mouth off with little chance of physical retaliation. That’s way different than how I grew up.

ZERO25
07-18-2022, 10:09 PM
So, is Dohm dirt racings Corn Pop?

Buford.Justice
07-19-2022, 03:16 PM
Carpenter and Clanton are two guys I always root against. lol

Raceready
07-19-2022, 05:02 PM
Carpenter and Clanton are two guys I always root against. lolHad you been able to see anyone with a Clanton T-shirt on yet ? ?