PDA

View Full Version : Teams Told To Disconnect Tachs For World 100

Oiler
09-10-2022, 09:29 PM
Just saw that the teams in the 100 feature were told to bring a screwdriver and tape to the staging area for disconnecting the tachs. Rumors of traction control devices connected to the tachs was the reason given.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-10-2022, 09:33 PM
Well that takes care of madden

Dirt Racing #1
09-10-2022, 10:42 PM
Maybe they should take a better look at Davenport car

zyoung25
09-10-2022, 11:43 PM
Again, trying to address the wrong problems in the sport 🤦🏻(not a nice word)♂️

Rajflyboy
09-11-2022, 09:05 AM
Very interesting but made no difference on the leaderboard

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-11-2022, 09:27 AM
Lol. And lol again. Always chasing the ghosts and ignoring the elephant. I wish these ghost whispers would talk about the elephant and get some action there.

dirtcrazy4u
09-11-2022, 10:05 AM
WOW, wasn't that a thrilling race Johnny. No, plain and simple, it stunk. I hope Tony saw it like I did because that race was terrible. Maybe with him telling them it stunk something mite get done. The track wasn't the best but it's dirt racing and sometimes thats what you get. But, if somebody got up under another car going into the corner he pushed like a dog chasing his tail. Disconnecting a wire had nothing to do with that outcome, clean air sure did, if you cleared a guy and had clean air you were done. JD did a better job on his restarts and thats why he won that race.

foxfire2dirtracing
09-11-2022, 10:25 AM
I was there all 4 nights and what amazed me: no water was ever put on the track after hot laps ???

Mike
09-11-2022, 11:07 AM
WOW, wasn't that a thrilling race Johnny. No, plain and simple, it stunk. I hope Tony saw it like I did because that race was terrible. Maybe with him telling them it stunk something mite get done. The track wasn't the best but it's dirt racing and sometimes thats what you get. But, if somebody got up under another car going into the corner he pushed like a dog chasing his tail. Disconnecting a wire had nothing to do with that outcome, clean air sure did, if you cleared a guy and had clean air you were done. JD did a better job on his restarts and thats why he won that race.

Tony didn’t see it like you did. Tony saw a huge crowd and that’s good for him.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-11-2022, 11:10 AM
I was there all 4 nights and what amazed me: no water was ever put on the track after hot laps ???

It wasn't watered, but the track was pretty good, really. I saw cars trying to use most of it.

Mike
09-11-2022, 11:11 AM
Lol. And lol again. Always chasing the ghosts and ignoring the elephant. I wish these ghost whispers would talk about the elephant and get some action there.

Chasing the ghosts gives the appearance they are trying to do something. Ignoring the elephant keeps a certain group happy.

Rajflyboy
09-11-2022, 11:52 AM
Great points Mike

Raceready
09-11-2022, 12:54 PM
Just saw that the teams in the 100 feature were told to bring a screwdriver and tape to the staging area for disconnecting the tachs. Rumors of traction control devices connected to the tachs was the reason given.Did the drivers have a disclaimer that somebody would buy them a new engine if it was overrevved ? ?

Rajflyboy
09-11-2022, 12:58 PM
Did the drivers have a disclaimer that somebody would buy them a new engine if it was overrevved ? ?I was wondering this ?

ZERO25
09-11-2022, 02:16 PM
Tony Clements says.........thank you! lol

billetbirdcage
09-11-2022, 07:43 PM
Did the drivers have a disclaimer that somebody would buy them a new engine if it was overrevved ? ?

When you go to the line up, you have already picked the gear you'rr running, the engine is gonna turn what it turns

You're not gonna over rev the engine by having the tach unhooked, the rev limiter is in the box and will still work and do it's job without the tach. You just aren't going to know what you turned it in the feature.