PDA

View Full Version : 5th coil shock - single adjustable - where to set ?

RacerX10
09-28-2022, 12:12 PM
The set of Integra IDA's that I bought included a 5th coil shock, it's single adjustable.

Is that a rebound adjustment ? What's a good starting spot ? Seems to have the same 11 or 12 detents as the others, just haven't seen any info on where it should be set.

Rocket blue/gray .. steel block alum head .. 1350 tires .. generally smaller tracks (1/4 ish)

Thanks !

billetbirdcage
09-28-2022, 05:37 PM
The set of Integra IDA's that I bought included a 5th coil shock, it's single adjustable.

Is that a rebound adjustment ? What's a good starting spot ? Seems to have the same 11 or 12 detents as the others, just haven't seen any info on where it should be set.

Rocket blue/gray .. steel block alum head .. 1350 tires .. generally smaller tracks (1/4 ish)

Thanks !

It should be rebound adjustable, unless some odd ball deal

More rebound tightens entry, so I would start start around 6 clicks from full stiff and adjust from there.

There should be a serial number on bottom of the body of the shock and you could call integra and get the recommended starting clicks, but that's assuming someone else besides integra hasn't been into it

RacerX10
09-28-2022, 08:15 PM
It should be rebound adjustable, unless some odd ball deal

More rebound tightens entry, so I would start start around 6 clicks from full stiff and adjust from there.

There should be a serial number on bottom of the body of the shock and you could call integra and get the recommended starting clicks, but that's assuming someone else besides integra hasn't been into it

awesome thanks billet!

crownman25
10-20-2022, 09:40 AM
if you hear the motor changes tune up and down you need more rebound the torque arm is bouncing up and down...