Rajflyboy
10-14-2022, 06:26 PM
Sweet car count

ftfiowa
10-14-2022, 07:03 PM
ok! ok ok ok ok ok cool beans

Minny Lakes
10-14-2022, 08:46 PM
If you rank the dirt tracks in America 1-400 by good quality racing, I think 95% of the Lucas schedule is made up of tracks ranked 350-400.

Portsmouth has to be about 399, while Cherokee is 400.

TerryM
10-14-2022, 09:25 PM
One meaningful pass in six heat races — Huddy got JD in 3 and 4 on the last lap of Heat 5 — and the Flo cameras missed it so we could watch the top two run single file to the checkers.

dirtcrazy4u
10-15-2022, 06:03 AM
Yea the racing pretty much stunk. B Shepp ran in on Marlar going into 1 I believe and the car immediately pushed. It's the same every time they hit the track. Unless there is 2 distinct grooves it is was today's racing is all about. Give the trophy and the check to t-mac.

Raceready
10-15-2022, 06:39 AM
If it is to be as 1 laned up for the feature as it was during the heats then it should or could be a cakewalk for pole sitter Garrett Smith ?

BigDaddy84
10-15-2022, 06:52 AM
Excellent facility but terrible race track. I don’t get to worked up about the heat races but the feature determines more so if I will go back to a track. I haven’t been back to Portsmouth for years now. If they would move it back to atomic or try lawrenceburg again I would go.

thexfactor0210
10-15-2022, 07:20 AM
The heats were just awful. I considered going back here as I had not been in a few years. Glad I didn’t.

Pennsboro32
10-15-2022, 07:53 AM
Racing wasn’t very good tonight, but the ribber was great. Hell may go back there for dinner tonight and skip the race.

GEAR_HEAD
10-15-2022, 08:20 AM
PRP is definitely one of the worst racetracks in the country.

kidrock
10-15-2022, 08:34 AM
A lot of the races this year was not that good to be honest.

dirty-white-boy
10-15-2022, 09:20 AM
If you rank the dirt tracks in America 1-400 by good quality racing, I think 95% of the Lucas schedule is made up of tracks ranked 350-400.

Portsmouth has to be about 399, while Cherokee is 400.

I thought the Legends cars racing was good. Maybe its the cars and not the track?

Remember when Sheppy came from 21st to win. Im convinced its the current cars and format that makes for this sh!ttie racing.

BUT....BUT.....Carl will keep having the race because 215 total cars showed up and a strong crowd.

Mams
10-15-2022, 09:58 AM
I thought the Legends cars racing was good. Maybe its the cars and not the track?

Remember when Sheppy came from 21st to win. Im convinced its the current cars and format that makes for this sh!ttie racing.

BUT....BUT.....Carl will keep having the race because 215 total cars showed up and a strong crowd.

Think Sheppy came from 12th to win. Every post is essentially correct. We have been to every Portsmouth DTWC and unless something miraculous happens tonight this is our last. The racing sucks, the bean field campground is awful, etc., etc.

foxfire2dirtracing
10-15-2022, 10:34 AM
Pennsboro

Was that your first time to The Ribber?
Ribeye or Sirloin??

TS FAN
10-15-2022, 11:07 AM
Actually the last two heats were fairly entertaining. No passing for the lead but plenty for other positions. It is a shame the track didn't come in until then. However I think the track prep itself was pretty good. If it is as good as it ended up last night, at least the second half of the feature should be entertaining. Looking forward to it.

JimBo
10-15-2022, 11:27 AM
Agreed, the racing was not that great.

I just wish the cameraman would pan out, so we can see the racing throughout the field. This is not NASCAR on mile and half tracks. I would rather see the racing throughout the field than close up shots of two cars following each other.

Pennsboro32
10-15-2022, 12:14 PM
Pennsboro

Was that your first time to The Ribber?
Ribeye or Sirloin??

No I’ve been several times. Excellent food. Ribeye!

Bloomerdirtking
10-15-2022, 01:48 PM
I’m with BigDaddy84 on this one. This year is the first year I haven’t come back. The track just doesn’t put forth good racing. Move it to Lawrenceburg and i will go back, otherwise Carl has got my last nickel.

mccreadiefan39
10-15-2022, 02:03 PM
Is Portsmouth a great race track? NO

Is Portsmouth a single file track? NO

It's somewhere in the middle.

Stands packed, parking packed, camping packed, huge car counts, Why would Carl Short move the race?

foxfire2dirtracing
10-15-2022, 02:34 PM
He’s not!
End of story.

Highside Hustler25
10-15-2022, 08:08 PM
If the track doesn't produce good racing tonight, it's not from lack of effort.

GEAR_HEAD
10-15-2022, 09:01 PM
They could work on that place for 3 hours and it would still be an embarrassment to dirt racing.

champion24
10-15-2022, 09:08 PM
Terrible, even worse being the Lucas finale! At least this crap isn't deciding the Championship!

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-15-2022, 09:19 PM
I had fun watching RTJ make a race of it.

BigDaddy84
10-15-2022, 09:27 PM
Absolutely terrible race. What a joke.

kidrock
10-15-2022, 09:37 PM
Congrats to Garrett Smith. Definitely not his fault the race wasn't very good but, he stayed poised and really didn't make any mistakes and was able to keep it in on the bottom for the win.

Highside Hustler25
10-15-2022, 09:41 PM
Only good thing about that race was that young man's right rear held out. Good for him.
They dikd with the track forever pre race and that's the results? Pathetic.

roughride
10-15-2022, 09:56 PM
Yawnfest! How many no pass, pole sitter leading every lap features did Lucas have this year. It sure seemed like more than normal.

over4T
10-15-2022, 10:37 PM
Tiregate!!! Can't remember the last time I saw that many flats. Did the Purple Mafia buy out the backroom at Pep Boys' to supply that race? What an embarrassment.

Davenport went nowhere yet ends up the Hard Charger when at least 7 in front of him had flats. Garrett Smith was impressive in a stellar field and was all that kept me from switching over to a Sprint car race.

King1
10-15-2022, 11:44 PM
I don’t know why everyone keeps crying about this race. It happens every year.

Bardstown rubbered up, pennsboro rubbered up, atomic rubbered up, Portsmouth rubbers up, and if I’m not mistaken, Lawrenceburg did too.

I like to see a race decided by luck, but this happens just about every year for this event. Lucas needs to ditch it and do something else.

Finnfan25
10-16-2022, 12:49 AM
I've been to the DTWC at Portsmouth 4 times and love everything about the place, cool nip in the air this time of year makes the atmosphere very exciting, all the campers with the smell of food in the air reminds me of a big football game tailgating, great concession food, nice facility layout and decent parking..... right up until the racing starts....and it's all just a big waste. Haven't been for the last 3 years and won't go back, 5 hour drive for me.

nc mudcat
10-16-2022, 06:09 AM
Went to Pennsboro once in '92, and don't want to go again until it makes it to a track that can hold up to the race's once-fantastic reputation. Please get this race moved.

dirtcrazy4u
10-16-2022, 06:35 AM
For being 19, he held up well after how many yellow flags ? I'm tired of hearing about tires and it's the reason races have been cut short. Set your car up correctly and learn how to save your tires and guess what ? They last 100 laps. New 2023 rule, if it's the last ten laps of the race and you blow a tire, head for your trailer. I was waiting for Garrett to lose that race because of the yellows but he did a great job. Congrats young man. You also showed that those rockets set up correctly can still run with those horns. Many dislike Mallory, he is a circus show in himself, but the guy can set a car up.

jr29
10-16-2022, 07:01 AM
For being 19, he held up well after how many yellow flags ? I'm tired of hearing about tires and it's the reason races have been cut short. Set your car up correctly and learn how to save your tires and guess what ? They last 100 laps. New 2023 rule, if it's the last ten laps of the race and you blow a tire, head for your trailer. I was waiting for Garrett to lose that race because of the yellows but he did a great job. Congrats young man. You also showed that those rockets set up correctly can still run with those horns. Many dislike Mallory, he is a circus show in himself, but the guy can set a car up.

I believe every single caution was for a car slowing down. It is unprofessional to say the least.

On a positive note, that PRP announcer is great.

Hoosier_Dirt
10-16-2022, 07:19 AM
Garrett and Cody were at Team Zero headquarters all week, I do know that. . I read on twitter that they are gonna race out of Bloomquists shop 2023 and Cody is gonna oversee both cars?

Raceready
10-16-2022, 07:27 AM
Only good thing about that race was that young man's right rear held out. Good for him. They dikd with the track forever pre race and that's the results? Pathetic.^ True That ! ! Nobody could attribute this race being won due to " clean air " especially if a car couldn't make any passes to get to the clean air ! !

foxfire2dirtracing
10-16-2022, 08:36 AM
Post 36
That could be right- I don’t know. Cody has a small shop about 3 -4 miles from the Bloomquist compound. He’s had it since his short stint with Bobby Pierce. He/Garrett have used it a lot - just depends on where they are racing.

Rajflyboy
10-16-2022, 09:14 AM
So… Garrett is a Bloomquist protege. It’s all makin sense now.

dirty-white-boy
10-16-2022, 09:55 AM
Only good thing about that race was that young man's right rear held out. Good for him.
They dikd with the track forever pre race and that's the results? Pathetic.

Cody's special sauce strikes again!

3 wide
10-16-2022, 10:05 AM
Just another set fast time win your heat start on the pole and lead every lap if they don't start working race tracks and taking care of them people are going to quit going I went to dirt track races for 50 years now I hardly ever go because it's follow the leader an they want to run 7 8 9 or even 10 classes and wear out the track.

Highside Hustler25
10-16-2022, 10:17 AM
I didn't watch but how was the non qualifier race?

84wedge
10-16-2022, 10:41 AM
Bloomquist told Smith it would lock down on the bottom, so just hold your line and don't try passing any lapped cars.

foxfire2dirtracing
10-16-2022, 10:53 AM
Very good article on DOD today about this.

Jim11h
10-16-2022, 11:14 AM
After lap 30 of DTWC feature the racing sucked remaining races. I wonder if track would been different had they not spent over hour working surface for feature.

Morgs153
10-16-2022, 11:22 AM
Congrats to Garrett Smith! It is cool to see a new winner in a big tour race so good for him. He did exactly what he had to do.

But that race. It stunk and it ain't his fault. The only real movement through the field was due to tire failures. Races like this expose a lot of what's wrong right now with dirt super racing (out front aero advantage and questionable tracks that just don't race well). The super race was won from the pole and so was the steel block race. Oh well, it has been happening all over.

Pennsboro32
10-16-2022, 12:09 PM
I’d honestly like to see it back in WV.

ImCryn2
10-16-2022, 02:33 PM
Bloomquist told Smith it would lock down on the bottom, so just hold your line and don't try passing any lapped cars.

So he told him something literally EVERYONE there already knew? (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) he's a genius.

Pennsboro32
10-16-2022, 02:44 PM
Yeah, a blind man knows what you gotta do at Portsmouth to win.

Oiler
10-16-2022, 03:09 PM
So he told him something literally EVERYONE there already knew? (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) he's a genius.Too bad that genius didn’t translate to his own performance. He didn’t qualify poorly but he struggled in his heat and only turned three laps in his B main. The t-shirt truck had a better weekend, again.

ImCryn2
10-16-2022, 03:54 PM
Scott has "been there and done that" so I think it's cool that he was willing to help the youngster out.

I just had to laugh that someone thought this was some huge surprise and Scott gave him some secret information or something.

84wedge
10-16-2022, 03:57 PM
So he told him something literally EVERYONE there already knew? (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) he's a genius.I'm living in your head rent free. Did you take that Midol yet?

Drop Shock
10-16-2022, 04:39 PM
Would WVMS be better? I think with new clay, actual clay and not just dirt, and more banking Portsmouth could be redeemed. If they don’t plan on making any effort, then you have to move it

Pennsboro32
10-16-2022, 06:07 PM
The racing at the historic 100 this June was way better than this past weekend at PRP. That’s a fact.

Buford.Justice
10-16-2022, 09:26 PM
Like someone said, a change in the banking with it being higher at the top and a bunch of real clay would help greatly to this fine race track. It is still one of my top favorite tracks to go to. And at it''s best Lawrenceburg isn't near as good. In fact, I have never seen good late model racing at the Burg except for some early heat races.

River floods always seem to delute the surface with some sand when it floods.

Raceready
10-17-2022, 03:00 PM
Like someone said, a change in the banking with it being higher at the top and a bunch of real clay would help greatly to this fine race track. It is still one of my top favorite tracks to go to. And at it''s best Lawrenceburg isn't near as good. In fact, I have never seen good late model racing at the Burg except for some early heat races.River floods always seem to delute the surface with some sand when it floods.You are right on point with that .

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-17-2022, 05:01 PM
Moving it to WVMS would be ok for maybe 20 guys. It would probably allow a few more hot dogs to be sold while they dug Freddie Carpenter and other guys connecting rods out of the front stretch during a yellow flag.

Buford.Justice
10-18-2022, 05:01 PM
Hahaahaahhaa, how about some throttle control and gearing up if needed???

AllenK
10-18-2022, 07:02 PM
It's hard to believe it's been twenty years ago that the DTWC was at Bardstown. Time sure flies.

foxfire2dirtracing
10-18-2022, 07:11 PM
Yes it does- that was a wet-sloppy mess too!

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-18-2022, 08:13 PM
Hahaahaahhaa, how about some throttle control and gearing up if needed???

Throttle control at WVMS? Lmao. All you need is one of those hand throttles from a riding lawn mower. Wide open.

Buford.Justice
10-18-2022, 08:56 PM
You don't just tach a motor to death.

I saw (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Potts do that one time at Brownstown, the car would not go on the slick so he hammered it in hot laps and blew it up on the frontstretch.

Not meaning to change the topic though. lol

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-19-2022, 02:26 AM
You don't just tach a motor to death.

I saw (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Potts do that one time at Brownstown, the car would not go on the slick so he hammered it in hot laps and blew it up on the frontstretch.

Not meaning to change the topic though. lol

They don't do so great being under max load the whole lap, lap after lap either. That's the part I'm talking about.

Buford.Justice
10-19-2022, 04:15 PM
Point taken..