PDA

View Full Version : Rocket upper control arm

Dirtracer18
10-19-2022, 07:05 AM
I have a 2015 blue/gray rocket that has longhorn uprights and upper control arms. I want to put a 8 1/4 upper back on the right front but I need a spacer block to go between the upright and the a-arm. Anyone know what size spacer block I would need?

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-19-2022, 07:27 AM
In your situation, I don't think I'd trust anything anyone told me. I'd start stacking temporary spacers until I got the geometry correct. Then I'd make a spacer.

Jking24
10-19-2022, 08:19 AM
In your situation, I don't think I'd trust anything anyone told me. I'd start stacking temporary spacers until I got the geometry correct. Then I'd make a spacer.I agree with masters. It would be a 1" spacer if the uprights were in the original location and your running the front end wide or out (19-1/4) if narrow or in their would be no spacer . I would do it all at ride height and as masters said stack washers or whatever until I got back to the same static number then make the appropriate sized spacer

Dirtracer18
10-19-2022, 08:47 AM
By geometry and static number do y’all mean the camber on control arm angle?

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-19-2022, 10:27 AM
Yes, put it where your camber comes back correct with the correct control arm. I'm assuming you know where the vertical location is supposed to be, or it wasn't changed.