PDA

View Full Version : I found me a Chili Bowl I like.

Rajflyboy
01-10-2023, 07:23 PM
I guess I do like the Chili Bowl after all. http://www.rcchilibowl.com/

Barbecueboy
01-10-2023, 07:28 PM
I’ll bet if you were in Vado you’d find you a chili bowl you like…..probably love.

over4T
01-10-2023, 07:46 PM
You better like it hot . Down in New Mexico what they consider mild would melt the tonsils out of most of the folks from other states. Peppers are a religion in that area.

Raceready
01-10-2023, 08:20 PM
Anything would be better than that there Skyline chili that they worship in the Cinci, Oh area. Somehow cinnamon and the rest of the ingredients just don't to mix well. Even worse is their spaghetti. . .

Barbecueboy
01-10-2023, 09:22 PM
You better like it hot . Down in New Mexico what they consider mild would melt the tonsils out of most of the folks from other states. Peppers are a religion in that area.

I’ve never been, but a friend in the area is from out that way and he and his wife’s green chili is fantastic…..they get the peppers sent in.
I’ve never asked for the recipe, it’s probably one I wouldn’t get anyway…..breaks them up when I crumble up Fritos in it.

My wife makes good Carolina ground beef chili, and our hot dog chili is pretty dialed in but chili as a whole doesn’t get cooked a ton around the house.

Raceready
01-10-2023, 09:27 PM
Of course even the layman should tell one is that the best chili is made with venison !

Barbecueboy
01-10-2023, 09:34 PM
Anything would be better than that there Skyline chili that they worship in the Cinci, Oh area. Somehow cinnamon and the rest of the ingredients just don't to mix well. Even worse is their spaghetti. . .

That’s definitely an acquired taste….I’ll take good ole chili mac (nanny’s goulash) which is basically spaghetti and meat sauce mixed into macaroni noodles and cheddar over the sweeter skyline spaghetti every time.

The skyline chili is like the Alabama white bbq sauce…….I want to like it, but I guess I’ve just never had the right version or something?

JimBo
01-10-2023, 10:10 PM
I have actually been to this event. The racing is not as good as the real Chili Bowl on the other side of the parking lot, but it was interesting.

kidrock
01-10-2023, 10:21 PM
Good racing tonight at the Chili bowl. If you didn't see it you missed some good racing.

Raceready
01-11-2023, 07:55 AM
I guess I do like the Chili Bowl after all. http://www.rcchilibowl.com/Wendys makes a pretty good chili for when one is in a hurry and Jones'n for it . . .

over4T
01-11-2023, 11:09 AM
If cinnamon ain't your thing with chili stay away from Nebraska. One of their quaint regional favorites is a bowl of chili and a cinnamon roll on the side. I kid you not. I like both but not at the same sitting.

Raceready
01-11-2023, 02:49 PM
If cinnamon ain't your thing with chili stay away from Nebraska. One of their quaint regional favorites is a bowl of chili and a cinnamon roll on the side. I kid you not. I like both but not at the same sitting.Same here is why I cant stand That Skyline chili from Cincinatti, Ohi area . . .

TBSprintFan
01-11-2023, 02:58 PM
Of course even the layman should tell one is that the best chili is made with venison !

You got that right, spaghetti sauce and chili is best made with venison and also a nice venison burger, it's all on how they are seasoned.

Rajflyboy
01-11-2023, 03:04 PM
New Mexico = wind and sand. Me no like that combination

Raceready
01-11-2023, 03:10 PM
You got that right, spaghetti sauce and chili is best made with venison and also a nice venison burger, it's all on how they are seasoned.My wife cans tomatoes so we start out with a jar of that when we make on up a batch of venison chili. As some of the more limp wristed would say it is " To Die For " ! !

Jim11h
01-11-2023, 03:40 PM
Hatch, NM isn't to far from Vado and is chili pepper capital. You go thru town and you'll see them drying on roof tops. Hatch ain't very big.

2nd the skyline thing. Don't know who or how that crap became famous

Raceready
01-11-2023, 04:00 PM
These options remind me of the different Chili dog type hot dog sauces. I prefer the kind that is based on the old time Greek recipes that use paprika, cumin, and other spices while having diced onions on top and using a fresh steamed bun .

Barbecueboy
01-11-2023, 09:46 PM
Wendys makes a pretty good chili for when one is in a hurry and Jones'n for it . . .

Totally agree with that.

Barbecueboy
01-11-2023, 10:20 PM
These options remind me of the different Chili dog type hot dog sauces. I prefer the kind that is based on the old time Greek recipes that use paprika, cumin, and other spices while having diced onions on top and using a fresh steamed bun .

I wrap my dogs in wax paper when I make them at home too, chili like you describe, onions the same and mustard on the bun under all of that…..the wax wrap kind of smashes all that together, just like the race track.

Raceready
01-11-2023, 10:29 PM
^ ^ Great THAT ! ^ ^ Urban legend has it that people carry a couple of those Greek hot dogs with them at the ready to munch down in a hurry in case they are getting pulled over when they've been drinking. They claim they will beat the results in a breathalyzer machine ? ?

kidrock
01-11-2023, 11:18 PM
They had a really bad wreck tonight at the Chili Bowl.

https://racingnews.co/2023/01/11/ashton-torgerson-ejected-from-car-in-chili-bowl-crash-transported/

Prayers to the whole family and all those who witnessed it. It was reported he was awake and alert.

Raceready
01-12-2023, 08:43 AM
Poor fella. Hope everything goes well for him.

JimBo
01-12-2023, 02:27 PM
I was watching on FLO when he wrecked, and it was the scariest thing to see at the racetrack. They switched cameras very quickly and did not show replays.

I just read the Thursday afternoon update and the CT scan showed some blood in the brain. He's been transported from the ER to a room and will have another CT scan tomorrow. Dr’s are amazed that he is doing so well.

weatherman85
01-13-2023, 02:55 PM
It's amazing this guy didn't get hurt worst. If I'd been watching it live without knowing how things turned out after the fact, I would have for sure thought he was dead. Looked liked the car came down across his neck with his head sticking out at first.

Raceready
01-14-2023, 01:01 PM
Hatch, NM isn't to far from Vado and is chili pepper capital. You go thru town and you'll see them drying on roof tops. Hatch ain't very big. 2nd the skyline thing. Don't know who or how that crap became famousI'd betcha that those there peppers would taste really good cooked with Italian sausage and onion on a sandwich with ketchup on it ?

kidrock
01-14-2023, 01:10 PM
I heard that he had his belts on but, didn't have them locked in. That's what Jack Hewitt said in his interview on Flo last night. He's been released from the hospital and I wouldn't be surprised he didn't show up tonight at the track.

TS FAN
01-14-2023, 01:17 PM
That is all it takes for potential disaster. Not making sure your seat belts are properly attached. Dale Earnhardt would tell you that if he could.

Glad the Young man survived and is doing better.

IL LM Fan
01-14-2023, 05:53 PM
I heard that he had his belts on but, didn't have them locked in. That's what Jack Hewitt said in his interview on Flo last night. He's been released from the hospital and I wouldn't be surprised he didn't show up tonight at the track.

In case you missed it. He is there and was interviewed on camera right before D Feature 1.

kidrock
01-14-2023, 06:25 PM
In case you missed it. He is there and was interviewed on camera right before D Feature 1.

Thanks Man Yeah I missed it. I just got home about 15 minutes ago. Tuned in now though

JimBo
01-14-2023, 07:48 PM
The interview is on Flo now. He has a black eye but no broken bones.

Barbecueboy
01-14-2023, 08:17 PM
Happy ending to this one, good deal……

HoosierDirtFan
01-14-2023, 10:52 PM
Tim McCreadie just got in thru the 2nd b main. The 7th and final transfer spot.

kidrock
01-15-2023, 08:29 AM
Glad to see Logan Seavy get the win last night. The race wasn't the best race I've seen at the Chili Bowl but, the races all week were pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good.

Raceready
01-15-2023, 10:32 AM
Glad to see Logan Seavy get the win last night. The race wasn't the best race I've seen at the Chili Bowl but, the races all week were pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good.Did you buy a big old bowl of chili whilst you were there ?

kidrock
01-15-2023, 11:25 AM
Did you buy a big old bowl of chili whilst you were there ?

No I really don't care if I go or not. I'm perfectly fine watching from the comfort of my chair. I don't really go to the races anymore. Been going on and off since I was born and I just don't have the same interest since I got rid of my car, ss12 got rid of his car. I still like watching racing I just don't have to be there to enjoy it.

Rajflyboy
01-15-2023, 02:41 PM
Chili bowl sucks. Track prep is impossible and it’s mostly follow the leader. Not my thing.

TS FAN
01-15-2023, 08:52 PM
I thought Chili Bowl was good racing

Raceready
01-15-2023, 09:36 PM
No I really don't care if I go or not. I'm perfectly fine watching from the comfort of my chair. I don't really go to the races anymore. Been going on and off since I was born and I just don't have the same interest since I got rid of my car, ss12 got rid of his car. I still like watching racing I just don't have to be there to enjoy it.Who all you all picking to win it all, Rico ?