PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Pierce joins the World Of Outlaws Late Model Series full time in 2023.

HoosierDirtFan
01-18-2023, 02:26 PM
From the series Facebook page.

Let us introduce you to our newest full-time driver on the World of Outlaws CASE Construction Equipment Late Model Series. “The Smooth Operator” Bobby Pierce!

weatherman85
01-18-2023, 02:43 PM
I'm officially more interested in the WoO series as long as both he and Madden run full time. Could see some run ins between the two which may spice some things up. Throw in Sheppard and this could get real interesting.

Hoosier_Dirt
01-18-2023, 02:51 PM
The WoO late model series is becoming very interesting!

foxfire2dirtracing
01-18-2023, 02:54 PM
Does Bobby qualify for Rookie of the Year eligibility?

Rajflyboy
01-18-2023, 03:16 PM
It will be nice to see Chris Madden win the Outlaws series title this season 😁

foxfire2dirtracing
01-18-2023, 03:18 PM
Is that a wish or prediction??

Raceready
01-18-2023, 03:42 PM
It will be nice to see Chris Madden win the Outlaws series title this season Don't you have faith in B Shepp to get the job done ?

oldasdirt
01-18-2023, 03:44 PM
I think he will struggle! As I recall, they don't allow signal sticks. They're won't be anybody to let him know to clean his tires off during a caution or when to move up and take away a competitors line away.

ImCryn2
01-18-2023, 04:55 PM
uh oh! Ole Bobby will be getting demoted to red headed step-child by the DOD bunch for not following the Lucas oil gimmick.

BTExpress
01-18-2023, 05:27 PM
"uh oh! Ole Bobby will be getting demoted to red headed step-child by the DOD bunch for not following the Lucas oil gimmick."

Ha Ha I thought the same thing and I am not even a Pierce fan. Might be the truest statement on this board in a long time....Wasn't it just last year that many on this board suggested the WOOLMS just close up shop, as they were the inferior product. The JV squad looks pretty stout in 2023. It is great for the sport to have TWO strong National series.

Dirt Clod
01-18-2023, 05:40 PM
Imagine how much merchandise Bobby will sell on this tour. Better get the t-shirt printers going full blast!

bleedblue55
01-18-2023, 05:47 PM
Seems like a few drivers find that $2800 monthly check more attractive than the playoff format.

Raceready
01-18-2023, 06:32 PM
Seems like a few drivers find that $2800 monthly check more attractive than the playoff format.I can't say as if I'd blame them on that !

Black F
01-18-2023, 07:33 PM
i can hear them excuses now, when he drops off lol.

Dlmfan123
01-18-2023, 08:12 PM
Does Bobby qualify for Rookie of the Year eligibility?I doubt it

ftfiowa
01-18-2023, 08:46 PM
booby should qualify as hes never run the tour b4.

foxfire2dirtracing
01-18-2023, 08:57 PM
That’s what I was also thinking. He’s definitely not a rookie by any means but he would be on the WIO tour as a full time campaigner. I may be wrong on this.

bleedblue55
01-18-2023, 09:29 PM
I'm thinking one of the series has a "not won a major race clause" in it. Not sure which one but that Eldora win would stop him for ROY status in that series.

Snake X3
01-18-2023, 09:58 PM
I'm thinking one of the series has a "not won a major race clause" in it. Not sure which one but that Eldora win would stop him for ROY status in that series.

For certain Lucas does. I'm not sure about WoO. I'm pretty sure if they didn't, Marlar or Madden would have won once.

dirtcrazy4u
01-19-2023, 05:30 AM
By the time the h*ll tour comes around Bobby will be gone. WRG must be giving these guys some big incentives, the sprint car tour has the platinum package, so have they ramped up the same type of deal for the slm teams ?

larsonwon
01-19-2023, 05:51 AM
Bobby is not eligible to run for rookie of the year

kidrock
01-19-2023, 06:37 AM
I predict Bobby drops off the tour before June. That is roughly halfway of the schedule. That way he could run the Hell Tour.

You may be right but, he really has nothing more to prove on the Hell Tour and lets face it the Hell Tour is not what it used to be. I can see him dropping off the tour if he is not running good and his down in the points. He won't be the only one dropping off the tour. It happens every year that drivers drop off the tour.

Rajflyboy
01-19-2023, 07:30 AM
By the time the h*ll tour comes around Bobby will be gone. WRG must be giving these guys some big incentives, the sprint car tour has the platinum package, so have they ramped up the same type of deal for the slm teams ?I think you are right 👍

weatherman85
01-19-2023, 07:51 AM
Rookie requirements from WRG website.

D. Rookie Status

a. A “rookie” is determined by the criteria as set forth by World Racing Group Officials.

b. To be eligible a driver must submit his declaration for Rookie of the Year prior to the 15th event of the current season or April 15th, whichever may come first, to receive approval to participate for the award.

c. The parameters for eligibility will include but will not be limited to; any competitor that has never competed in an entire previous season; any competitor may not have won more than five (5) declared Series races (qualifying and/or features) in their career; have exceeded a maximum of three (3) declarations of intent to participate for Rookie of the Year in any prior seasons and/or competed in 50% or more series events in a single season.

d. The minimum number of races to be eligible for the Rookie of the Year Award will be 75% of the scheduled races as of the season opener, although those competitors not competing in 75% of the scheduled races will remain in the accumulated standings.

e. The Rookie of the Year Standings will be maintained based on the series points.

f. An Eligibility Panel will endorse Rookie of the Year candidates following the declaration(s). The Rookie of the Year Award will not be based solely in regard to on track performance. The Eligibility Panel will include: The Series Director, Race Director, Series Public Relations, World Racing Group Senior Management. The vote will be determined by a simple majority. Ties will be broken by another vote.

foxfire2dirtracing
01-19-2023, 08:10 AM
Bobby has won 4 WOO features- rules state 5: but that includes preliminaries. Does preliminaries mean heat races?
The rules are fairly vague.

MRM
01-19-2023, 09:02 AM
Even though some won't finish the season with them, WoO has attracted a diverse group of drivers for this season. Credit probably goes to Steve Francis for some of the changes he's made, including bigger purses and better scheduling.

weatherman85
01-19-2023, 09:05 AM
Bobby has won 4 WOO features- rules state 5: but that includes preliminaries. Does preliminaries mean heat races?
The rules are fairly vague.

I agree foxfire, pretty vague.

foxfire2dirtracing
01-19-2023, 09:17 AM
Also states: ROY not determined by just “on track performance.”

cgrace
01-19-2023, 09:32 AM
Pierce had ran for Lucas Rookie of the Year.They've let other drivers race for ROY that seemed over qualified. Just my opinion, but thinking he should be able to.He could win the series, he is competitive enough.

Barbecueboy
01-19-2023, 09:47 AM
Even though some won't finish the season with them, WoO has attracted a diverse group of drivers for this season. Credit probably goes to Steve Francis for some of the changes he's made, including bigger purses and better scheduling.

I agree, They have done a nice job getting a good roster of cars…….

Dlmfan123
01-19-2023, 09:56 AM
Pierce had ran for Lucas Rookie of the Year.They've let other drivers race for ROY that seemed over qualified. Just my opinion, but thinking he should be able to.He could win the series, he is competitive enough.He didn’t finish the season he tried to run for lucas rookie. But that was a long time ago -‘d he was real young

foxfire2dirtracing
01-19-2023, 10:10 AM
Francis has put together a strong field- but like everyone is saying: how many will still be a regular come end of April or so?

Pennsboro32
01-19-2023, 10:16 AM
Francis has put together a strong field- but like everyone is saying: how many will still be a regular come end of April or so?

I see 3-4 that probably won't make it out of Florida.

My best educated guess how points will fall at the end of season assuming these guys stay on tour.

1.) Madden
2.) Sheppard
3.) Clanton
4.) Pierce
5.) Erb jr
6.) Hoffman
7.) English
8.) Gustin
9.) Blair
10.) Scott
11.) Freeman
12.) Larson

Really excited to see how it shakes out.

Rajflyboy
01-19-2023, 10:49 AM
Web Jr is going to be tough

ImCryn2
01-19-2023, 05:11 PM
"He didn’t finish the season he tried to run for lucas rookie. But that was a long time ago -‘d he was real young"

I fairly confident in saying he finished his rookie year in 2018 on the Lucas tour. 7th in points, 5 points behind McCreadie.

Late_Model_Mark
01-19-2023, 05:15 PM
This series is getting very, very interesting.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

Raceready
01-19-2023, 06:00 PM
Web Jr is going to be tough Who ya got in order ?B. Shepp, Bobby, Clanton, Erb, Madden, then Blair ? ?

Kipimak
01-19-2023, 06:08 PM
Add Jimmy Owens to the title chase.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-19-2023, 08:48 PM
I fairly confident in saying he finished his rookie year in 2018 on the Lucas tour. 7th in points, 5 points behind McCreadie.

Pierce joined the tour as a true rookie in 2013, but fell off tour.

Dlmfan123
01-19-2023, 08:59 PM
Mason zeigler was the 2018 roy

ftfiowa
01-19-2023, 11:28 PM
pierce is a very good driver, especially on the cushion. i liked watching his dad race. i had no problem with little booby until the year of the PDC when Babb beat him and i had to listen to the little whiner on the p.a. cry after the race was over. i then started to follow him more closely and soon learned that this is a pattern with bobby. if he wins he semi-gracious , gregarious, aw shucks, and will usually give a good interview. when he doesnt hes a bratty whiner with a bunch of brown nosers around him telling him how he got robbed somehow. And the worst thing about pierce is that the number 1 rule in boobyland is: its NEVER LITTLE BOOBYS FAULT...NEVER!

Raceready
01-20-2023, 07:22 AM
pierce is a very good driver, especially on the cushion. i liked watching his dad race. i had no problem with little booby until the year of the PDC when Babb beat him and i had to listen to the little whiner on the p.a. cry after the race was over. i then started to follow him more closely and soon learned that this is a pattern with bobby. if he wins he semi-gracious , gregarious, aw shucks, and will usually give a good interview. when he doesnt hes a bratty whiner with a bunch of brown nosers around him telling him how he got robbed somehow. And the worst thing about pierce is that the number 1 rule in boobyland is: its NEVER LITTLE BOOBYS FAULT...NEVER!I hadn't seen that side of him before . . .But that was then and this is now . Who did he think he was then ? Another Cocoanuthead or the Terdbowl guy ? ?

Highside Hustler25
01-20-2023, 07:25 AM
Maybe I'm missing something but what does running for Lucas ROY 5 or 6 years ago carry over to the WoO series?

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-20-2023, 08:03 AM
Maybe I'm missing something but what does running for Lucas ROY 5 or 6 years ago carry over to the WoO series?

1) it was first stated he would drop off, as he had before.
2) someone then said he finished 7th in his "rookie" year

Highside Hustler25
01-20-2023, 09:35 AM
1) it was first stated he would drop off, as he had before.
2) someone then said he finished 7th in his "rookie" year

I don't think we're on the same page here.
Let's take Pierce out of the equation. Say Robinson or Winger won the Lucas ROY in 2022. Would that make either one exempt from the WoO ROY this year? Asking cuz I don't see that stipulation in the rule book unless I'm missing something.

Rajflyboy
01-20-2023, 09:39 AM
What happened to Bobby last night?

foxfire2dirtracing
01-20-2023, 09:52 AM
Mechanical issues while running 5th or 6th. They said the car just quit pulling?

Rajflyboy
01-20-2023, 10:28 AM
Motor motor motor. I see

Raceready
01-20-2023, 01:23 PM
Motor motor motor. I seeProbably using up his old worn down stuff on this little stuff and saving his fresher eqipment for higher paying racing ? ?