PDA

View Full Version : Hey FloRacing....

56GWebbfan
01-20-2023, 07:21 PM
not complaining but just an area for improvement for your live events. It seems as if I can not hear the awesome horsepower of our beloved Dirt Late Models when I watch your events...seems at times as if I am watching electric cars on dirt / plus two guys that like to hear themselves talk. Enjoying a DirtVision WOO event tonight listening to some lovely American made noise....

foxfire2dirtracing
01-20-2023, 07:33 PM
Have to agree with you on the 2 small guy announcers. One of them thinks he is the “star” of the show instead of the track action!
Apparently we have to put up with him at Winternationals- glad I will be at all the races in person and not watching on Flo. Maybe the pretty boy will be regulated to put reporting.
Don’t forget: “ Tweet your seats”

Patansplant
01-20-2023, 07:38 PM
Amen! Not interested in listening to the broadcasters bs and I have always wished the sounds from the rack were the loudest thing we hear.

ride height
01-20-2023, 10:07 PM
Amen! Not interested in listening to the broadcasters bs and I have always wished the sounds from the rack were the loudest thing we hear.

..”sounds from the rack”? Let’s leave Dolly Parton out of this.

slmcrewchief99
01-20-2023, 10:50 PM
I'm just glad that Dirtvision works flawlessly. Flo is garbage. They even know it and won't fix it. It may take a while to get used to Ruben but he is doing pretty good considering the shoes he is filling. He will get better. I'm all for giving him the chance.

dirty-white-boy
01-21-2023, 09:14 AM
Well I did not have this on my Saturday Morning 4m Bingo Card but I 100% agree!

More car noise and less little man!

ImCryn2
01-21-2023, 09:39 AM
My complaint is to all the race streaming providers. If the announcer is talking about something on the track, put the camera on it.

foxfire2dirtracing
01-21-2023, 09:59 AM
Yes- talk about racing, race teams, sponsors, drivers, ect. & ect.
A few think that giving “shout outs” to those at home is more important. I want racing media info- could care less about shout outs to Joe Blow and who is watching from where-aka “ tweet your seat.”

Jed
01-21-2023, 10:18 AM
I’m old enough to remember when there was no live coverage of any of our events. I’m happy to have what we have today and I think Flo is a good value.

foxfire2dirtracing
01-21-2023, 10:25 AM
It’s absolutely a great value. I am a charter member of DOD. What I am referring is the announcers talking about racing- not what fans are doing at home or where they visited/ate during the day.

Patansplant
01-21-2023, 10:31 AM
OOPS, Didn't mean rack meant track but rack is good too.

Highside Hustler25
01-21-2023, 12:25 PM
I'm just glad that Dirtvision works flawlessly. Flo is garbage. They even know it and won't fix it. It may take a while to get used to Ruben but he is doing pretty good considering the shoes he is filling. He will get better. I'm all for giving him the chance.

A week ago I watched roughly 30 hours of Chilli Bowl coverage and it ran flawlessly. Whatever might be causing you issues is more than likely on your end.

kidrock
01-21-2023, 01:29 PM
A week ago I watched roughly 30 hours of Chilli Bowl coverage and it ran flawlessly. Whatever might be causing you issues is more than likely on your end.

Agreed............................................ .................

kidrock
01-21-2023, 01:32 PM
I think for the money Flo is a pretty good deal. I think dirtvision cost a little to much for my liking. I miss the WOO races since they're on dirtvision.

foxfire2dirtracing
01-21-2023, 02:33 PM
I have never had any issues with Flo service- ( knock -on-wood)
So far-so good with Dirtvision as well.

reid boys
01-21-2023, 03:11 PM
The think I like about dirtvision is that you can see more than one car at once. Flo is so zoomed in its hard to tell what is happening.

slmcrewchief99
01-21-2023, 03:18 PM
No sir. It is not on "my" end. I have talked to Flo about it. They know there is an issue but can't seem to fix it. I can watch all of it with no problems. No buffering or anything. It is actually funny at what it does. Example. Very start of a heat race that goes 8 laps green. Cars take the green. All is good. Video NEVER lags, stops, buffers. Works flawless for 8 laps. Cars come to the white flag, but guess what. The d@mn audio is ahead of the video by a lap. Yes you heard me. They are taking the white but the audio is telling me the winner. It is NOT my service. It did this the entire WWS but I could watch the Chili Bowl just fine. It only does it sporadically. Don't tell me it's my end when FLO has admitted to me they have an issue and haven't fixed it. This started happening last spring at the race Larson did at I think was Volunteer. Done it off and on ever since. Never had a minutes issue with Dirtvision for over 2 years.

Highside Hustler25
01-21-2023, 05:32 PM
Slmcrewchief99, that's crazy. I have not experienced that yet. Strange that some events are affected and others are not.

kidrock
01-21-2023, 06:16 PM
No sir. It is not on "my" end. I have talked to Flo about it. They know there is an issue but can't seem to fix it. I can watch all of it with no problems. No buffering or anything. It is actually funny at what it does. Example. Very start of a heat race that goes 8 laps green. Cars take the green. All is good. Video NEVER lags, stops, buffers. Works flawless for 8 laps. Cars come to the white flag, but guess what. The d@mn audio is ahead of the video by a lap. Yes you heard me. They are taking the white but the audio is telling me the winner. It is NOT my service. It did this the entire WWS but I could watch the Chili Bowl just fine. It only does it sporadically. Don't tell me it's my end when FLO has admitted to me they have an issue and haven't fixed it. This started happening last spring at the race Larson did at I think was Volunteer. Done it off and on ever since. Never had a minutes issue with Dirtvision for over 2 years.

Are you using a soundbar?

Pennsboro32
01-21-2023, 07:08 PM
Not to sound like a d1ck but I bet it is on your end.

slmcrewchief99
01-21-2023, 07:45 PM
No Kidrock. I don't have a soundbar.

kidrock
01-21-2023, 09:26 PM
No Kidrock. I don't have a soundbar.

Ok

I believe it has something to do with the auto processing speed. Higher resolution video files can take longer to upload then audio files that's why after it's been on awhile the video starts lagging. What's really crazy is it never happened during the chili bowl. Was you watching the chili bowl on the same setup as the Wild West Shootout?

If you have a 4k tv make sure you have the latest update. I'm not sure the platform in which you watching it on. Does it happen on different devices. Maybe try deleting the app and reinstalling it.

slmcrewchief99
01-21-2023, 10:19 PM
It doesn't happen with anything except Flo. If there are 5 live events on Flo right now, 4 of them will work flawless. 1 of them will have this issue.

slmcrewchief99
01-21-2023, 10:24 PM
I promise that you would get a good laugh at what it does. I watched every lap of the WWS but I just muted the TV. The video and audio work great. The just aren't in time. LoL

fryefan
01-21-2023, 11:55 PM

I am pretty sure that it is something on your end. I have never had that occur when watching FloRacing. If it was a FloRacing issue, then it would have happened to all of us.

slmcrewchief99
01-22-2023, 12:36 AM
Again. I have talked to Flo. They have told me there is an issue. Everyone keeps saying it me. Then feel free to tell me what is wrong. Flo won't tell me.I have a Roku. Matter of fact, when this all started, I replaced it. Didn't help. Bought another 1 before Xmas. Same song. Different verse.... I'm over it. Message me if you have an answer. This is a racing board. Not a how to fix my d@mn tv board.

nc mudcat
01-22-2023, 05:22 AM
Flo is awesome. I have one issue, every time I tune in: it comes on, plays for about 5-7 seconds, then backs up to the start, plays the same 5-7 seconds again, the carries on with no issue. If that is all the trouble I have, I am good.

Now, with the replays, please do not put in the header who won. I am old, and go to bed early. I like to watch the feature the next morning. But I can't load the feature without seeing "So-and-so wins the Toilet Bowl 50." I don't care to watch if I already know who won. Can it not just say "Feature event from --- Speedway?"

jr29
01-22-2023, 05:25 AM
Again. I have talked to Flo. They have told me there is an issue. Everyone keeps saying it me. Then feel free to tell me what is wrong. Flo won't tell me.I have a Roku. Matter of fact, when this all started, I replaced it. Didn't help. Bought another 1 before Xmas. Same song. Different verse.... I'm over it. Message me if you have an answer. This is a racing board. Not a how to fix my d@mn tv board.

It has happened to me too. Multiple times.

I love Flo. I watch it all the time. I do wish there was a different way to access replays from the night before without seeing a highlight thumbnail that has an image of the winner. It kinda ruins the replay experience.

dirty-white-boy
01-22-2023, 10:07 AM

Look at the bright side. You dont have to hear tweet your seat 50 times (like everyone is on Twitter), you dont have to hear about everything being wholesale, you dont have to hear the shoutouts coming in on their phones when they should be watching the action on the track. Wowzers! I wish Chet Cristner was on these broadcasts and not snowmobile racing!

Oh and you dont have to listen to them talk about something on the track that the cameraman is sleeping on.

Just watch the highlights the next day on DoD. Its easier!

fastford
01-22-2023, 04:40 PM
just got flo last week , so far so good , i live in a rural aero where all we have is verizon broad band , we are building a house on the back side of my place and for some reason , 1/2 mile from my old house , the signal is twice as strong and will carry it , so h3ll , Im just happy to get any thing , lol ....

play4kps
01-22-2023, 04:48 PM
Get yourself an nvidea shield. trust me its a game changer for flo, dirt and etc.

dirtMAN007
01-22-2023, 06:41 PM
I think for the money Flo is a pretty good deal. I think dirtvision cost a little to much for my liking. I miss the WOO races since they're on dirtvision.

With all the “union” money you have , you can’t afford dirtvision ? Maybe it’s not as good as you say ?

FreeBird
01-23-2023, 07:10 AM
Flo is awesome. I have one issue, every time I tune in: it comes on, plays for about 5-7 seconds, then backs up to the start, plays the same 5-7 seconds again, the carries on with no issue. If that is all the trouble I have, I am good.

Now, with the replays, please do not put in the header who won. I am old, and go to bed early. I like to watch the feature the next morning. But I can't load the feature without seeing "So-and-so wins the Toilet Bowl 50." I don't care to watch if I already know who won. Can it not just say "Feature event from --- Speedway?"

Mudcat,

I have the same exact issue you stated in your first paragraph….word for word…lol

FreeBird

Raceready
01-23-2023, 08:40 AM
^ Had you not thought that you bring a lot of this on yourself ? ? ^

zach51
01-23-2023, 09:16 AM

Mudcat, what I do is I watch on a laptop and just hook it up to the TV through HDMI. I have the window of the race(s) I am watching open and when I get tired and ready to go to bed, I just close the laptop without "X"ing out of the windows. Then the next morning, open the laptop, the window is still there, and it automatically refreshes back to the start of the event coverage. Then, you just scroll the progress bar forward to where you left off. Then you will never know who won before you are ready to.

Also, I love the little 10 seconds forward / 10 seconds backward buttons that FLO has. I wish DirtVision had that. If you have to pause for a little while to run an errand or do something around the house, it makes it easy for you to click through the bs time and catch up to the action, watch a race, then click through more bs 10 secs at a time, it doesn't take long to catch up. Did that a lot during the Saturday of the Chili Bowl.