PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Again top 4...O'neal Wins..

dirtluver
02-09-2023, 10:01 PM
Rockets look good again and O'neal ran will good...Fast time...Heat win and Feature win..

over4T
02-09-2023, 10:24 PM
Not you dirtluver but I guess now we'll have to hear from some of the 4M experts that the Longhorns are second rate and those has beens Overton, Davenport and Shep are really over the hill and should take the job offers from their brothers-in-law at the carwash. I'm waiting....

dirtluver
02-09-2023, 10:33 PM
NP...over4T...I like all the drivers. I love racing all together. I get tired of seeing some people just want to cut down who ever they can...If everyone would just enjoy there self and have fun. The world would be better.

TBSprintFan
02-10-2023, 03:43 AM
Well I have been watching dirt late model racing for over 20 years.. seen a lot so I know what I'm talking about.. maybe an expert.. but what I see is the Longhorns are second rate and those has beens Overton, Davenport and Shep are really over the hill and should take the job offers from their brothers-in-law at the carwash.

20 years lol, your just a rookie .

dirtcrazy4u
02-10-2023, 05:20 AM
Yep the horn camp sure is quite. I wonder if B Shepp gets himself a real race car now. Hahahhhahahahhh

Black F
02-10-2023, 05:34 AM
yep, its the end of the line for longhorn. put a fork in 'em.

Black F
02-10-2023, 06:13 AM
20 years lol, your just a rookie .

hook. line, sinker.

grumfan
02-10-2023, 09:24 AM
Actually last night just emphasized that the chassis is just one piece of the puzzle. Power plant, drive train, electrical, walls, are equally important.

JustAddDirt
02-10-2023, 01:30 PM
Rockets are a lot better than Horns in the mud, and when you have to run sideways.
What chassis won all the races till they got to Easbay and it was slick and you kept the car much straighter ? Horns!!
Front end geometry, on the XR1 is atrocious at best, especially the RF !!
If you can get one in the corner, it will not come off.
If it is like hearding goats on corner entry, it will come off the corner hard.
Before all you 4m keyboard racers pile drive me with your opinions, I have an XR1 crate car so i do know a bit about them.

jhanson
02-10-2023, 06:31 PM
I have it on good authority that the smoothest ride comes with the chassis under Santa's sleigh.

Dirt Frog
02-10-2023, 09:38 PM
Another front row lucas oil show !!!

JustAddDirt
02-10-2023, 11:14 PM
Like Jimmy, Owen said in his interview, running around in the mud.
It seems the new 1 tire compound just peels off and lays rubber, unless the track is slimy and muddy.

Flathead
02-11-2023, 06:20 AM
Kevin Rumley is probably on vacation this week and nobody can get ahold of him….
Seriously, I think East Bay is a Rocket friendly track.

dirtMAN007
02-11-2023, 06:42 AM
And Huddy was in his “back up car “ ?

zyoung25
02-11-2023, 07:05 AM
Rockets are a lot better than Horns in the mud, and when you have to run sideways.
What chassis won all the races till they got to Easbay and it was slick and you kept the car much straighter ? Horns!!
Front end geometry, on the XR1 is atrocious at best, especially the RF !!
If you can get one in the corner, it will not come off.
If it is like hearding goats on corner entry, it will come off the corner hard.
Before all you 4m keyboard racers pile drive me with your opinions, I have an XR1 crate car so i do know a bit about them.

Like Jimmy, Owen said in his interview, running around in the mud.
It seems the new 1 tire compound just peels off and lays rubber, unless the track is slimy and muddy.

Most of the people on this site don't understand anything you are saying here Joey. I'm not a rocket or longhorn fanboy, but we will see where they are next week when we're not playing in sandy/slimy mud.

roughride
02-11-2023, 08:28 AM
Yes Eastbay appears to suit the Rockets especially early in the night like qualifying and heat races. Just like Eastbay was awful Rayburn friendly years ago. I don't think Eastbay is racing nearly as good as it did years ago either. The clay seems completely worn out and full of rubber or something. The Longhorns will be just fine when the mud disappears I'm betting. We'll see if the Rocket success continues at Volusia?

ImCryn2
02-11-2023, 09:58 AM
Rocket is a bit off from where they need to be, but there is only 1 chassis manufacturer in the country that wouldn't trade their place in the sport with them right now. The sport needs more successful chassis builders IMO

Highside Hustler25
02-11-2023, 10:35 AM
Yes Eastbay appears to suit the Rockets especially early in the night like qualifying and heat races. Just like Eastbay was awful Rayburn friendly years ago. I don't think Eastbay is racing nearly as good as it did years ago either. The clay seems completely worn out and full of rubber or something. The Longhorns will be just fine when the mud disappears I'm betting. We'll see if the Rocket success continues at Volusia?
Nice post. I was thinking the same thing about Rayburns. They weren't a real threat to win at one time but they were really dominate at EB. Some tracks suit some chassis differently than others.
Probably see a flip flop at Volusia. Both will be fine.
Been a nice diversity of chassis brands running well at EB. Nice to see.

Rajflyboy
02-11-2023, 11:01 AM
Hudson O’Neal is better than I gave him credit for

ZERO25
02-11-2023, 12:46 PM
Those Texas cows crapped on the wrong spaceship cage!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-11-2023, 01:34 PM
yep, its the end of the line for longhorn. put a fork in 'em.

Not quite
Longhorn told there drivers to lay back as they were stinking up the show so early

84wedge
02-11-2023, 04:15 PM
Jimmy Owen sure was impressed with track prep last night.

ftfiowa
02-11-2023, 05:16 PM
track was best its been all week last night imo. jimmy never likes to go fast lol.

Jking24
02-12-2023, 08:08 AM
Rockets are a lot better than Horns in the mud, and when you have to run sideways. What chassis won all the races till they got to Easbay and it was slick and you kept the car much straighter ? Horns!!Front end geometry, on the XR1 is atrocious at best, especially the RF !! If you can get one in the corner, it will not come off.If it is like hearding goats on corner entry, it will come off the corner hard.Before all you 4m keyboard racers pile drive me with your opinions, I have an XR1 crate car so i do know a bit about them.Are you seriously comparing your crate car that you clearly don't know how to work on to cars on a national level. Yes your right all xr1's are junk because you don't know how to adjust yours. The Longhorns do have an advantage right now in the longer races and I do believe it relates to some front end adjustments/settings but the guys that don't need to dial up mark any time the track changes don't seem to have any trouble running well in their XR1's

Pennsboro32
02-12-2023, 09:32 AM
Glad you said it king.

Barbecueboy
02-12-2023, 09:42 AM
Rocket pretty much kicked everyone’s butt at east bay….was cool to see the relief on Hudson’s face after his first win.

Somebody else said it first but going to work for Mark Richards and rocket1 must be like going to work for George Steinbrenner and the Yankees……as much as I’m not a fan of the latter I am a fan of young folks dedication and success, cool for Hudson.

84wedge
02-12-2023, 01:38 PM
I lost count of how many cars Hudson had to pass for all those wins. Longhorn stock is dropping like a bag hammers.

Raceready
02-12-2023, 02:02 PM
I lost count of how many cars Hudson had to pass for all those wins. Longhorn stock is dropping like a bag hammers.I believe that he got the HARD CHARGER award every night . . .

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-12-2023, 02:40 PM
More to come from longhorn. Check back soon!!

Pennsboro32
02-12-2023, 02:43 PM
Y’all act as if JD had to pass a ton of cars last season.

dirtcrazy4u
02-12-2023, 04:55 PM
Let's get to Volusia and see what shakes out. As it stands the horn camp still has the guys with the experience behind the wheel. I'm sure the guys at rocket understood they fell behind last year. Maybe, just maybe, that playing field has become a little closer.

84wedge
02-12-2023, 05:30 PM
Rockets will still be king of those 1/3 hammer down tracks where you gotta be sideways the whole time.

MIdlmfan
02-12-2023, 06:09 PM
Rockets will still be king of those 1/3 hammer down tracks where you gotta be sideways the whole time.And with all the Rocket Longhorn debate Brandon Overton jumps in a warrior and almost beats both of them

dirtcrazy4u
02-13-2023, 06:35 AM
Warrior just needs to hand out a few cars to drivers like t mac aND Overton then you watch how fast others get in line. All these cars today are that close. With the money behind JD give him time to make adjustments and the guy would win in just about anything. He could make Mastersbuilt great again. All it would take is Tader saying I'm all in.

dirtcrazy4u
02-13-2023, 06:36 AM
Go look at how many employee's rocket and horn have, they don't want those headaches.

Highside Hustler25
02-13-2023, 08:09 AM
Rockets will still be king of those 1/3 hammer down tracks where you gotta be sideways the whole time.

Well, we've got tons of 1/3 mile hammer down tracks in and around the midwest so Rocket will probably be just fine.

dirtcrazy4u
02-13-2023, 08:41 AM
BP in his horn come summer nats time will be interesting. The walls won't stand a chance. I say he destroys at least one car.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-13-2023, 11:07 AM
Warrior just needs to hand out a few cars to drivers like t mac aND Overton then you watch how fast others get in line. All these cars today are that close. With the money behind JD give him time to make adjustments and the guy would win in just about anything. He could make Mastersbuilt great again. All it would take is Tader saying I'm all in.

Yrs ago he had 2 bloomer cars and couldn't get them to do chit. He finally sold them and move on to winning

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-13-2023, 11:45 AM
Are you seriously comparing your crate car that you clearly don't know how to work on to cars on a national level. Yes your right all xr1's are junk because you don't know how to adjust yours. The Longhorns do have an advantage right now in the longer races and I do believe it relates to some front end adjustments/settings but the guys that don't need to dial up mark any time the track changes don't seem to have any trouble running well in their XR1's

You are insulting a guy who has had a lot of successful racing in his past.

Maybe he is talking about the caster gain curve going negative? Maybe he's talking about the need for excess toe to make it turn? Maybe he's talking about the drastic loss of camber with back steer? Maybe it's the lack of Ackerman? Maybe it's the puzzling steering arm ratio from side to side?

That front end is old as hell and it's not great. It came from a different time and a Rayburn. They just didn't travel like that back then.

Black F
02-13-2023, 02:25 PM
BP in his horn come summer nats time will be interesting. The walls won't stand a chance. I say he destroys at least one car.

ya think? lol

at least one of his and others too. lil bobby ain't gonna ever respect his or anyone else's equipment!

Pennsboro32
02-13-2023, 08:37 PM
I lost count of how many cars Hudson had to pass for all those wins. Longhorn stock is dropping like a bag hammers.

You were saying..

Highside Hustler25
02-13-2023, 09:16 PM
That win tonight had to leave a pretty good stain in 84wedgie's shorts.

fastford
02-14-2023, 05:11 PM
You are insulting a guy who has had a lot of successful racing in his past.

Maybe he is talking about the caster gain curve going negative? Maybe he's talking about the need for excess toe to make it turn? Maybe he's talking about the drastic loss of camber with back steer? Maybe it's the lack of Ackerman? Maybe it's the puzzling steering arm ratio from side to side?

That front end is old as hell and it's not great. It came from a different time and a Rayburn. They just didn't travel like that back then.

well said masters , I was getting ready to post , but yours is enough ......

84wedge
02-15-2023, 04:15 PM
That win tonight had to leave a pretty good stain in 84wedgie's shorts.There's a stain, but not the kind you think. We're obviously looking at the greatest driver in history piloting the fastest car ever made.

Black F
02-15-2023, 04:45 PM
There's a stain, but not the kind you think. We're obviously looking at the greatest driver in history piloting the fastest car ever made.

when the pilot and the car can come from dead last to win at eldora after laping half the feild, only then can you make that claim

Barbecueboy
02-15-2023, 05:02 PM
Well said blackie…….

Black F
02-15-2023, 05:23 PM
thanks bbq. just keeping it real here. young hud is good but he ain't that good, nor is the car, yet. im sure the poster was being sarcastic tho.

Crossbones
02-16-2023, 05:43 AM
And with all the Rocket Longhorn debate Brandon Overton jumps in a warrior and almost beats both of them

I didn't see anyone on here mention anything about that.lol People want to believe you have to have a certain chassis and a million dollars to win and that talent has nothing do with it. No one could possibly be better than anyone else.

Pennsboro32
02-18-2023, 09:53 PM

You were saying….

ftfiowa
02-18-2023, 10:14 PM
congrats to huddy, heckuva drive!