PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Davenport to make NASCAR Cup debut at Bristol for Kaulig Racing

HoosierDirtFan
03-09-2023, 12:42 PM
Jonathan Davenport to make NASCAR Cup debut at Bristol for Kaulig Racing

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2023/03/09/kaulig-racing-tabs-dirt-late-model-superstar-for-bristol-race-jonathan-davenport/

Big Daddy 37
03-09-2023, 01:24 PM
Now that is pretty dang cool...

champion24
03-09-2023, 01:37 PM
That's a much better piece than he had before! Better than Marlar too. Maybe even some JD haters will pull for him that weekend!!

Pennsboro32
03-09-2023, 03:03 PM
I would root for any dirt late model driver not named madden, getting their chance to run nascar.

Dlmfan123
03-09-2023, 04:18 PM
This is definitely the best car any dirt racer has got in in any recent memory

Rajflyboy
03-09-2023, 07:03 PM
So.. how do you think he will do?

84wedge
03-09-2023, 08:13 PM
Good for him. The only one on the Cup series I can remember driving a late model before going there is Redd!ck

4Barrel
03-09-2023, 08:26 PM
Austin Dillon drove a dirt late model.

Rajflyboy
03-10-2023, 04:14 AM
Kyle Busch ran the prelude

dirtcrazy4u
03-10-2023, 05:05 AM
This is all about the sponsor putting him in this ride. Have fun JD.

ride height
03-10-2023, 05:22 AM
I hope he does well. The more DLM stars make it big, the more legitimacy DLM racing will have with the general public. It’s a win win.

foxfire2dirtracing
03-10-2023, 06:03 AM
Flyboy
All Prelude drivers were NASCRAP drivers -Late model drivers were not allowed to compete with them.

foxfire2dirtracing
03-10-2023, 06:04 AM
If you are talking about “ Prelude to the Dream” at Eldora??

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-10-2023, 06:14 AM
I hope he does well, but I care not what it does for DLM racing, nor do I think it needs him to succeed.

zyoung25
03-10-2023, 08:44 AM
Busch also ran and won a charity race at Williams Grove. It pretty good race between him and Jason Covert.

I think JD will do well. He drives his cars pretty straight nowadays.

Black F
03-10-2023, 09:37 AM
im just wondering how an average driver who made a name for himself on them there funny tars a his, got a cup car ride??

Black F
03-10-2023, 09:41 AM
Flyboy
All Prelude drivers were NASCRAP drivers -Late model drivers were not allowed to compete with them.

and most nascrash drivers were dlm drivers, or on dirt in one form r'another.

champion24
03-10-2023, 11:19 AM
This is definitely the best car any dirt racer has got in in any recent memory

Let's not forget the BEST opportunity! A certain long haired hippy took THE BEST truck in the field and finished about last with it!! It's been several years, but it set dirt racers back a lot on the Nascar stage! What could have been!

dirtcrazy4u
03-10-2023, 02:28 PM
Just shows Scott was great on dirt, no one can deny that, out of his element he was terrible. Everyone had high hopes kinser was going to succeed when he got the Bernstein cup ride. That was a second class team, kinser was a lot better than what that team could deliver. It's going to be the same when JD gets his chance. No one can deny there are very few cup teams that are elite, the rest are also-rans. JD is in a team car that has no chance of winning or a good showing.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-10-2023, 02:32 PM
im just wondering how an average driver who made a name for himself on them there funny tars a his, got a cup car ride??

You don't know do you 😉

HoosierDirtFan
03-10-2023, 02:36 PM
Let's not forget the BEST opportunity! A certain long haired hippy took THE BEST truck in the field and finished about last with it!! It's been several years, but it set dirt racers back a lot on the Nascar stage! What could have been!

That’s because he unhooked the sway bar and was told not to. It messed up the set up. He even admitted it.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-10-2023, 02:37 PM
Just shows Scott was great on dirt, no one can deny that, out of his element he was terrible. Everyone had high hopes kinser was going to succeed when he got the Bernstein cup ride. That was a second class team, kinser was a lot better than what that team could deliver. It's going to be the same when JD gets his chance. No one can deny there are very few cup teams that are elite, the rest are also-rans. JD is in a team car that has no chance of winning or a good showing.

Dirt You may be right but he will have a great time and he can just enjoy the moment.

Rajflyboy
03-10-2023, 05:05 PM
JD is good. Very good.

xray
03-11-2023, 10:51 AM
actually in the dale jr download interview, he claimed the truck was faster with it unhooked but the truck owner sabotaged him so he didn't make the other team trucks look bad. How delusional can a guy be.

BloomerHarvickFan
03-11-2023, 11:07 AM
actually in the dale jr download interview, he claimed the truck was faster with it unhooked but the truck owner sabotaged him so he didn't make the other team trucks look bad. How delusional can a guy be.

Bloomquist has always had excuses. He's my favorite driver, but when he didn't win or run well it was usually because "something" went wrong. I remember back in about 94 or 95 at Kingsport, Scott was out to lunch. Couldn't stay out of the way. Got lapped early....well a week or 2 later the HAT was in TN again and I was at the souvenir van talking to Don about the Kingsport race. I asked if Scott was having engine problems or what the deal was. The story was that someone got back there and messed with Scott's car and screwed up the set-up so bad that no matter what changes they made, it just wouldn't get any better. Now this was in the BWRC days, and I highly doubt they left the car alone long enough for anybody to get back there and screwing around with it. It was then that I started taking Scott's excuses with a grain of salt.

84wedge
03-11-2023, 12:23 PM
Did Davenport pay for that ride? Everyone always talks about hte highest levels are pay to play and JD made more money last year than ever.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-11-2023, 12:35 PM
Did Davenport pay for that ride? Everyone always talks about hte highest levels are pay to play and JD made more money last year than ever.

Someone paid. That's a guarantee.

kidrock
03-11-2023, 04:05 PM
I thought I heard Nutrien Ag had something to do with him getting this ride. Don't quote me on that. so that would be the money part and that makes sense to me since they do sponsor his late Model ride and I believe they're a sponsor on the cup cars for Kaulig Racing Team

ftfiowa
03-11-2023, 05:01 PM
GOOD LUCK jd!

Black F
03-11-2023, 06:41 PM
GOOD LUCK jd!

now you've done it, fifi! ya jinxed him lol.