PDA

View Full Version : Winger/GR Smith 👀

zyoung25
03-11-2023, 11:06 PM
https://fb.watch/jd5M0RFJqu/

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02Fe1DEexVzwbPCqxEhJqY3P 4W5jHmyXyvmSexNkvAo84dNZEdKeY4HiTW8NcJ9HcRl&id=100062539852096&mibextid=Nif5oz

Things got hot and heavy

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-11-2023, 11:29 PM
Ole guard rail still must have hard feelings towards winger.

One Man Gang
03-12-2023, 12:02 AM
Go to jailview.srso.net

427c.i.
03-12-2023, 12:29 AM
Best comment I saw online:

"Didn't one weapon used to drive for the other weapon?!?!"

That's comedy GOLD right there!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-12-2023, 03:59 AM
Go to jailview.srso.net

No such site.

IL LM Fan
03-12-2023, 04:38 AM
No such site.
https://twitter.com/JackCofer94/status/1634791441061871616

Finnfan25
03-12-2023, 06:50 AM
Go to jailview.srso.net Corrected website: http://jailview.srso.net/SmartWebClient/jail.aspx This morning it only shows Gary still in jail, Crashton may have bonded out already.

Rajflyboy
03-12-2023, 09:16 AM
You people were right. Winger is a jacka##

gorj
03-12-2023, 09:19 AM
No surprise those two can’t race each other without incident , lap one , lol

BTExpress
03-12-2023, 09:42 AM
All these recent fights have put Southern Raceway in the spotlight and on the map....but probably not in a good way....

Oiler
03-12-2023, 09:43 AM
Gary Winger is still listed as 'in jail'...with two felony charges. One for aggravated battery and another for burglary (?). $25K bond for each charge. Did he take Smith's car too???

http://jailview.srso.net/SmartWebClient/jail.aspx

Highside Hustler25
03-12-2023, 09:52 AM
Best comment I saw online:

"Didn't one weapon used to drive for the other weapon?!?!"

That's comedy GOLD right there!!

Lol.........................

zyoung25
03-12-2023, 09:54 AM
Ole guard rail still must have hard feelings towards winger.

It looks like he can dish it out but not take it

Tireguy17
03-12-2023, 10:08 AM
Winger handled the situation well on track…..off track not so much.

latemodelman
03-12-2023, 10:25 AM
Thing the felony for burglary was he had a mallet and went into GR SMITHS Hauler and caused a confrontation so they stacked charges on him heard he will have a court date either Monday or Tuesday and it is a cash bond on both charges. Also Ashton and the other guy were released and will have to go back to court. Probably plead down to a disorderly charge so fine and court costs. But the DAD might get Prison Time.

kidrock
03-12-2023, 11:31 AM
They will get the charges dropped down in Gary's case as well. Especially if he's never been in trouble before. GR Smith is a loose cannon in my opinion. Watched him one night during Speedweeks and he was going off on the crew one night in the infield. He can't drive a a race car to save his life. Ashton is just another hot head as well. His days for driving for someone in my opinion will be coming to an end at some point. He just can't control himself.

Barbecueboy
03-12-2023, 11:31 AM
All involved need a time out, or a cage match with each other……or both.

Kind of tired of the winger kid drama and then Dad coming to the rescue….as for GR, we’ll he’s just doing GR stuff.
Kind of like watching 2 angry neighbors that live in the same end of the trailer court.

Black F
03-12-2023, 11:38 AM
His days for driving for someone in my opinion will be coming to an end at some point. He just can't control himself.

with that being said, do you see bobby heading in that same direction? he's another one who can't control himself, correct?

just curious.

Black F
03-12-2023, 11:41 AM
bbq

your post sounds all to familiar lol.

and they wonder why, still?

kidrock
03-12-2023, 12:13 PM
with that being said, do you see bobby heading in that same direction? he's another one who can't control himself, correct?

just curious.

I'm not sure I have ever seen Bobby go after someone out of the car. Have you? I'm sure if Bobby does what Winger has been doing yes a owner may never hire him.

Barbecueboy
03-12-2023, 12:14 PM
True….but Bobby wins despite all that. Winger, meh…..

Black F
03-12-2023, 12:26 PM
I'm not sure I have ever seen Bobby go after someone out of the car. Have you? I'm sure if Bobby does what Winger has been doing yes a owner may never hire him.

the out of control part is where my question to you was. no, never seen bobby get out and attack anyone. its his on track control (or the lack of) could have a big affect on him with an owner not putting up with it. right?

Josh Bayko
03-12-2023, 12:28 PM
Winger has had beef with pretty much everybody, and ran into somebody just as unhinged as he is.

Black F
03-12-2023, 12:30 PM
this winger kid is a strait up dumbsas! bobby's not stupid.

Rajflyboy
03-12-2023, 01:04 PM
Winger is definitely a wing nut

zach51
03-12-2023, 01:35 PM
We appreciate the revenue from dumb tourists!

Thanks for visiting!

dirtcrazy4u
03-12-2023, 02:05 PM
On track winger was playing well. GR plows into the LR of winger twice and winger did not go after him. Why he went nuts once he got to the pits is another story. Did they see how bad the car was damaged and he went off his rocker ? Maybe. They did show a shot of GR car with the front plastic off and a crew guy standing there in obvious disappointment. Kudos to the guys in blue, all involved are deserving for whatever they get.

IL LM Fan
03-12-2023, 02:25 PM
Winger was still in second at the time. My guess is he still hoped he had a chance, and saved retaliation for the pits.

kidrock
03-12-2023, 03:23 PM
the out of control part is where my question to you was. no, never seen bobby get out and attack anyone. its his on track control (or the lack of) could have a big affect on him with an owner not putting up with it. right?

If Bobby goes out there and continues to run people over to win yes it might affect him with a potential car owner.

But, with some Bobby can go out there and has a racing incident and some want to make it out like he went out and just slammed the guy Right?

kidrock
03-12-2023, 03:26 PM
On track winger was playing well. GR plows into the LR of winger twice and winger did not go after him. Why he went nuts once he got to the pits is another story. Did they see how bad the car was damaged and he went off his rocker ? Maybe. They did show a shot of GR car with the front plastic off and a crew guy standing there in obvious disappointment. Kudos to the guys in blue, all involved are deserving for whatever they get.

I agree with everything you said here

Tireguy17
03-12-2023, 04:25 PM
Bottom line……nothing that happened under green justified what GR did to Winger. And nothing that happened on track justified what happened in the pits. A lot of wrongs don’t make a right.

Black F
03-12-2023, 04:27 PM
If Bobby goes out there and continues to run people over to win yes it might affect him with a potential car owner.

But, with some Bobby can go out there and has a racing incident and some want to make it out like he went out and just slammed the guy Right?

i've never read where he did if didnt.

Black F
03-12-2023, 04:44 PM
On track winger was playing well. GR plows into the LR of winger twice and winger did not go after him. Why he went nuts once he got to the pits is another story. Did they see how bad the car was damaged and he went off his rocker ? Maybe. They did show a shot of GR car with the front plastic off and a crew guy standing there in obvious disappointment. Kudos to the guys in blue, all involved are deserving for whatever they get.yep

I agree with everything you said here

... and yep.

Black F
03-12-2023, 05:15 PM

your honesty here will get you a double gold star too, kid. ill put in a good word to CW for ya.............

jr29
03-12-2023, 05:48 PM
The most shocking thing from the whole story is the fact that GR Smith has a merch guy.

dirt farmer
03-12-2023, 06:19 PM
They will get the charges dropped down in Gary's case as well. Especially if he's never been in trouble before. GR Smith is a loose cannon in my opinion. Watched him one night during Speedweeks and he was going off on the crew one night in the infield. He can't drive a a race car to save his life. Ashton is just another hot head as well. His days for driving for someone in my opinion will be coming to an end at some point. He just can't control himself.If the judge sees how they acted at I75 and the driver still strapped in ,might not be as easy to drop the charges.

Drop Shock
03-12-2023, 06:43 PM
Man, Gary Winger’s kid has ruined his dads life. He used to be a well respected member of the dirt late model world. Can’t blame him for confronting GR, just wish the police and judges weren’t involved. You used to be able to settle things like men

jr29
03-12-2023, 06:53 PM
He allegedly walked into GR's hauler and attacked GR with a hammer. Police and judges should be involved.

TBSprintFan
03-12-2023, 07:01 PM
It would be alright if they would settle it like men with just fists but when you bring a weapon in such as a hammer or anything then the cops need to be involved. The only thing with GR Smith is at least he is wasting his own money but with WingNut he keeps wrecking other people's cars and wasting their money.

cgrace
03-12-2023, 07:58 PM
Both are crazy on the track. Sidenote question. Why is Winger's nickname Air Force?

One Man Gang
03-12-2023, 08:06 PM
He allegedly walked into GR's hauler and attacked GR with a hammer. Police and judges should be involved.
There will be a thousand different versions of what happened so can’t say 100% with surety this is correct but it makes sense. I heard it was GR’s hammer Gary whooped him with and that was the reason for the burglary charge was him entering GR’a trailer and picking up the hammer and playing whack a mole. Also the reason for the stitches above Gary’s eye in the mugshot was GR jumped up after Gary whooped him and shoved him out the door and he fell and hit his head on the pit lift. Ashton thought they’d whooped the p!ss out of Gary when he seen Gary’s head busted and that was reason he went after the merch guy. Don’t know if this is the truth or BS or somewhere in the middle. This come from a crew member of a team that had a front row seat to the action.

kidrock
03-12-2023, 08:24 PM
your honesty here will get you a double gold star too, kid. ill put in a good word to CW for ya.............

Please don't do me any favors lol........................................

crownman25
03-12-2023, 08:31 PM
WHAT about charges against the 2 car for assault with a vehicle?

crownman25
03-12-2023, 08:35 PM
I know none of these people but from watching the race what the 2 car did it would be very hard to take when a driver got back to the pits..I know you winger haters want to bash but that was bs dished out by the 2 car in the feature...

kidrock
03-12-2023, 08:43 PM
If the judge sees how they acted at I75 and the driver still strapped in ,might not be as easy to drop the charges.

Yeah I'm not saying they would drop charges but, the may get pleaded down to a lesser charge and then again they may not.

Black F
03-12-2023, 08:48 PM
Please don't do me any favors lol........................................

ah, ok, but its no problem. really.......

Flathead
03-12-2023, 09:12 PM
Gary Winger has been a loose cannon his entire racing career. He was an idiot when he was Mad Dog Mark Miners crew chief.

I know his shock businesses is his own but does he work for Integra shocks somehow? He’s definitely not good advertising for them if he does.

Ashton has talent no doubt but with his actions and drama his days of getting a ride are probably done.

Ashton and Cody Mallory would be great together!

gorj
03-12-2023, 10:46 PM
GR should be DQ'd from the event, suspended and fined. Police will enforce the laws. Team owner is responsible for the conduct of team members and could be fined/suspended as well.
From a car owners perspective, not a good showing from the team members. DQ'd for being light Friday night and arrested the following night.

Finnfan25
03-13-2023, 07:29 AM
The most shocking thing from the whole story is the fact that GR Smith has a merch guy. The most overlooked (hilarious) thread on this post...along with BBQ's trailer court analogy.

Rajflyboy
03-13-2023, 07:50 AM
Winger deserved to get hit. He deserved to get hot twice. GR just didn’t do a good enough job of hitting Winger in my opinion. It was way too early in the race to pull a slide job like that.

knot
03-13-2023, 09:03 AM
Yeah I'm not saying they would drop charges but, the may get pleaded down to a lesser charge and then again they may not.

Santa Rosa is a pretty tough Florida county. Somebody there said "Come here for vacation and leave on probation."

Barbecueboy
03-13-2023, 09:22 AM
Both are crazy on the track. Sidenote question. Why is Winger's nickname Air Force?

Because he drives his car like an injured fighter jet and it normally ends up at a crash site?

zyoung25
03-13-2023, 09:57 AM
I would like to know how Austin Kirkpatrick and Payton Freeman feel now after seeing this? It was Austin's car he decided to turn into a bulldozer.

KTMLew
03-13-2023, 10:00 AM
Santa Rosa is a pretty tough Florida county. Somebody there said "Come here for vacation and leave on probation."

That was HTF's dad. Also known as DirtDaddy. He's pretty dry...

Rajflyboy
03-13-2023, 10:16 AM
I would like to know how Austin Kirkpatrick and Payton Freeman feel now after seeing this? It was Austin's car he decided to turn into a bulldozer.Oh lord. Yes. I’d be pissed

Pennsboro32
03-13-2023, 10:38 AM
There’s a reason GR can never keep a driver. This incident was bound to happen, both weapons on the track, but i believe GR started this one.

gb81racing
03-13-2023, 10:52 AM
I would like to know how Austin Kirkpatrick and Payton Freeman feel now after seeing this? It was Austin's car he decided to turn into a bulldozer.

AK drives his own chassis and GR drives a longhorn. Just both cars have same number and graphics

Dlmfan123
03-13-2023, 11:51 AM
I’m not a fan of either guy, but gr hit Ashton on the first lap and he Ashton gave it back with the slider. Neither have room to talk as they’re both wrecking balls

ImCryn2
03-13-2023, 12:50 PM
AK drives his own chassis and GR drives a longhorn. Just both cars have same number and graphics

I think there was a deal between Austin and GR for Austin to drive one of GR's cars a few times??

ZERO25
03-13-2023, 12:55 PM
While I usually dont have a problem with paybacks, this is gotta stop before someone gets hurt or killed!

Usually its the driver that needs a timeout, but in this case, the dad def does! Hes a loose cannon, err wing!

I saw this somewhere.........GR, "great retaliation"! sarcasm of course!

Dlmfan123
03-13-2023, 01:05 PM
AK drives his own chassis and GR drives a longhorn. Just both cars have same number and graphicsWrong, the car gr has been racing all year has been an ak, payton freeman drives a longhorn

billetbirdcage
03-13-2023, 01:30 PM

Wrong, the car gr has been racing all year has been an ak, payton freeman drives a longhorn

It was a longhorn of GR's not Austins AK car. When GR has raced the #2 car it's always been a longhorn numbered 2 and red just like Austins car. That's for owners points in the series. It's also not one of the longhorns Payton is using as GR has several longhorns, more then the 2 Payton uses.

zyoung25
03-13-2023, 03:37 PM
It was a longhorn of GR's not Austins AK car. When GR has raced the #2 car it's always been a longhorn numbered 2 and red just like Austins car. That's for owners points in the series. It's also not one of the longhorns Payton is using as GR has several longhorns, more then the 2 Payton uses.

I know people were pointing out the roof angle on the AK car. It's kinda hard to tell the difference in a video. Either way, I don't think I'd want a loose cannon like GR around my stuff.

84wedge
03-13-2023, 03:59 PM
the most shocking thing from the whole story is the fact that gr smith has a merch guy.hahahahhahaha

CrankedUp90
03-13-2023, 07:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbnsc9xTbV4&list=WL&index=1

Morgs153
03-14-2023, 11:58 AM
The reason for a Burglary charge deserves explanation. People seem to always associate Burglary with stealing but Burglary is its own act separate from an associated offense (which often is a theft or larceny).

Burglary is a forcible entry into the property of another, without consent, and with intent to commit a crime. The property need not be a home or dwelling, it can be a business, garage, motor home, or race car transporter, etc. Force need not be kicking in a door, picking a lock, using a tool, or anything other than the force it takes to turn an unlocked door knob and swing a door open on its hinges. If you don't have permission to enter and you come in with intent to commit ANY crime you can be charged with a Burglary in addition to the subsequent actions.

This one seems to puzzle folks but in this situation it fits for charging purposes because the elements are there. Hope that clears it up.

cgrace
03-15-2023, 04:09 PM
Because he drives his car like an injured fighter jet and it normally ends up at a crash site?HA as good as reason as any to why he is called AirForce :D

Snake X3
03-16-2023, 03:28 PM
According to DoD, Payton Freeman has quit GR's team because his actions at Southern Raceway go against his beliefs and morals. That's a pretty bold statement. I like this guy. Anyone that quits a ride based on principle has guts. The piece said he's getting some new Capital cars for his family team.

Josh Bayko
03-16-2023, 03:54 PM
According to DoD, Payton Freeman has quit GR's team because his actions at Southern Raceway go against his beliefs and morals. That's a pretty bold statement. I like this guy. Anyone that quits a ride based on principle has guts. The piece said he's getting some new Capital cars for his family team.

It’s rad that he’s getting Capitals instead of going trendy and getting Horns like literally everybody else.