PDA

View Full Version : Per James Essex the return of the Norther All-Stars Late Model Series (NALMS) April 8

HoosierDirtFan
03-23-2023, 11:43 AM
The return of the Norther All-Stars Late Model Series (NALMS)

Per James Essex Facebook page

Coming April 8th….. The return.
More details to be released soon.

https://i.imgur.com/ps6svNY.jpg

Black F
03-23-2023, 12:00 PM
NALMS is back? cool!

dirty-white-boy
03-23-2023, 12:58 PM
Because we need another regional series....

HoosierDirtFan
03-23-2023, 01:24 PM

I get what you are saying but name another regional series that was ran better than the Northern All-Stars?
James created it the first time. I’d like to see what he can do the second time in this reincarnation of the NALMS and what it looks like. If it’s anything like the original it will be good.

Black F
03-23-2023, 01:39 PM
thay gonna make it work this time round?

lurker
03-23-2023, 05:08 PM
James, I hope the new incarnation NALMS includes Gas City and Montpelier.

dirty-white-boy
03-24-2023, 08:50 AM
I am confused. Help me understand how something run so good went out of business?

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-24-2023, 09:17 AM
I am confused. Help me understand how something run so good went out of business?

It just seemed to fade away over time. It was a good series for weekend warrior type guys, in my area, back in the day. I'm curious to see what can be done. I'm not overly optimistic, but I'll be hopeful.

HoosierDirtFan
03-24-2023, 09:43 AM
The guy who helped run the series I believe his name was Nelson passed away. He also helped promote Vermillion County for a few years. Around 2010 with 3 series in the region NALMS, ALMS, & the Monster Midwest Series all kind of faded away. The ALMS was the last one standing and they faded away a few years back.

TowerView
03-24-2023, 10:53 AM
I am honored to announce that the Inaugural Ira Bastin Memorial will be held at the Brownstown Speedway in Brownstown, Indiana on Saturday, April 8.

Many thanks to the Bastin Family, Jim Price at Brownstown Speedway and everyone who has helped make this possible.

In the long and storied 71-year history of the Brownstown Speedway Ira was one of the most iconic racers to ever turn laps there. He was a 3-time Late Model Track Champion (1972, 1977, and 1978). He won 40 Late Model features at Brownstown during his career which ranks him sixth all-time at Brownstown. He passed away in January of this year.

The event will also mark the return of the Northern Allstars Late Model Dirt Series. It will be the series' first race in 11 years. The first time the series ever raced at Brownstown was on March 21, 1998. It was won by Tony Izzo Jr.
So far the Late Model feature purse is nearing $40,000 which includes bonus money offered by several sponsors. We are still seeking additional sponsorship for this race to make it a great night. All sponsorship monies go into the purse for the drivers.

Make plans now to attend this event. Let's pack the grandstands and pits in honor of one of the legendary Brownstown racers, Ira Bastin.

Thanks to these folks for coming on board for the race.
Michael LeFevers - Slicker Graphics
Tommy East - Pop Bit
Brad Arthur - Brad Arthur Heating and Cooling
Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
Jason Grimes Construction
Chris and Amanda Wiese - Freedom Fireworks

Black F
03-24-2023, 10:57 AM
^ Thanks, James!

klemmabyna
03-24-2023, 02:29 PM

really?

it takes passion to try something that isn't going to make you a millionaire.

best wishes to anyone willing to put the time, effort, and money into a sport i love.

latemodelman
03-25-2023, 04:07 PM
The thing is these regional series used to get great car counts of like 40 to 50 a night using the local 25 or 30 guys that ran at the track weekly and then the 15 to 20 that ran the series. Once the local guys left it was over. I miss the ALMS alot the glory days they would always get 55 to 90 cars at Eldora and then it got down to 25 or so except for Labor Day and it was 40.

golddirt
03-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Just show up and support them before James sold the series they always put on a great show. But everybody needs to remember you do not have near the late models out there running as you did years ago.

latemodelman
03-27-2023, 03:32 PM
Heck 30 super lates would be nice to see

hoosier race fan
03-27-2023, 08:19 PM
Glad to see it and hope it is a successful venture for everyone involved. I like fantasy booking schedules and I’m interested in seeing the schedule for this series. Obviously Brownstown will have some races, and my guess would be most of the schedule will be there along with a couple other tracks in that area mixed in like Florence, Moler, Atomic, etc. Selfishly, I’d like to see races for this series at Brownstown, Paragon, Florence, Circle City, Moler, Atomic, Montpelier, and Lawrenceburg (Downey Memorial). If things go really well, maybe branch out and add races along the Ohio Valley next year at tracks such as Bloomington, Ponderosa, Gas City, Red Hill, Fayette County (IL), Charleston, and Tri-State. There could be several good options for weekend pairings of races.

noballsnobabies
03-27-2023, 08:25 PM
Always hear “they should pay more throughout the field instead of just the winner” well here you go.
$5000 to win, $1000 to start. Now we’ll see if the keyboard promoters know what they’re talking about.

HoosierDirtFan
03-27-2023, 10:15 PM
Personally I think if this reboot of the NALMS takes off and can get to a decent 15 race schedule for this year & maybe 18-20 races next year this could be a good things since the ALMS has basically faded away. The NALMS could cover the region if done properly. I think with James heading it there’s a chance for success. He has good connections being the Lucas Oil announcer.

lurker
03-28-2023, 02:55 PM
Waynesfield is another place I’d like to see NALMS race at.

Hoosier_Dirt
04-06-2023, 03:51 PM
Well buddy, judging by the comments of cars coming, looks like these keyboard promoters know more than you think. Yeah you gained a couple from rainouts, but those guys would have more than likely went on home if not for the chance to make some $$. May be some food for thought on shows moving forward.......

TowerView
04-07-2023, 10:57 AM
Be sure to join us tomorrow night for the Inaugural Ira Bastin Memorial Race with the Northern Allstars Late Model Dirt Series.
*Updated Late Model info
$5000 to win and $1000 to start 40 lap feature
$1000 award for overall Late Model fast qualifier
$500 to win each Late Model heat race
$1000 to win - winner take all "Dash for Cash" for Late Models
$500 to the hard charger of the Late Model feature race
$500 to the highest finishing crate late model in the feature
$100 to each non-transfer out of the B-mains
Tire Rule: Hoosier 2, 3, 4, 20, 30, 40, 1350
No entry fee
No membership fee
Let's pack the grandstands and pit area to honor one of the legendary drivers in the 71-year history of the Brownstown Speedway, Ira Bastin
Gates open at 3 p.m.
Driver's meeting at 5:30 p.m.
Hot laps at 6:00 p.m.
Thanks to everyone for supporting this special event!

golddirt
06-23-2023, 09:49 AM
So only one race this year?