PDA

View Full Version : Davenport #7 truck

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-03-2023, 01:16 PM
Looks like JD will be piloting the spire #7 TRUCK at Bristol also. Good luck to them.

HoosierDirtFan
04-03-2023, 01:49 PM
This is probably a good idea. That way he can feel the track out. The Kulig Cars aren’t bad NASCAR Cup Series cars so I think he could do well.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-03-2023, 03:47 PM
I thought this was good idea also

Barbecueboy
04-03-2023, 09:00 PM
I don’t think those nascar guys will take him real seriously, that could be a mistake at the end of the day.

Tireguy17
04-04-2023, 06:30 AM
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't expect him to do much. The Cup drivers have a year seat time in the new car, and its not like they are pitching a Cup car like a late model. If he finishes in the Top 20 I'd say it's a success.

Henry Every
04-04-2023, 08:09 AM
JD's been spending time in the GM simulator... JD raced asphalt before he raced DLM... He's also reached a good point in his driving maturity, so... Not predicting a victory, but it could be interesting IF Napcar doesnt hamstring his car for him.

Highside Hustler25
04-04-2023, 10:54 AM
With the amount of respect being shown at these cup races, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get dumped on the opening lap.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-04-2023, 11:24 AM
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't expect him to do much. The Cup drivers have a year seat time in the new car, and its not like they are pitching a Cup car like a late model. If he finishes in the Top 20 I'd say it's a success.

I tend to agree. Nothing really translates from his experience.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-04-2023, 12:06 PM
I say JD finishes in top 15.

crownman25
04-04-2023, 01:03 PM
He had a few years in the legend cars all over the country...

EvelB7
04-04-2023, 01:06 PM
Good luck to JD, the NASCAR guys (at least the real drivers) definitely know who he is.

Barbecueboy
04-04-2023, 08:00 PM
He seems like he’s in his happy place right now. Him doing well would not surprise me one bit….especially in the truck.

Mopar DLM
04-05-2023, 10:14 AM
Not sure why someone doesn't look more towards a street stock driver. They are used to wheeling a 3000 LB vehicle on crap tires. Seems way more like apples to apples to me.

Big Daddy 37
04-05-2023, 12:40 PM
Not sure why someone doesn't look more towards a street stock driver. They are used to wheeling a 3000 LB vehicle on crap tires. Seems way more like apples to apples to me.

Which street stock driver, is going to pull a needed sponsor like Nutrien Ag, to help foot that bill??

TS FAN
04-05-2023, 01:14 PM
Bobby Pierce did well in the trucks on dirt. JD is very capable but as was mentioned he may get dumped. Predicting how any of the truck guys do on dirt is more of!!! Who survives

EvelB7
04-05-2023, 01:48 PM
A Street Stock driver from Wythe Raceway qualified up front at Eldora a few years ago in the trucks....

fastford
04-05-2023, 03:35 PM
I tend to agree. Nothing really translates from his experience.

well I I have to disagree , a good driver is a good driver , I will use K bush and K larson as an example , they do good in what ever they sit in , of coarse they are in the best equipment available ,much like davenport .....

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-05-2023, 07:11 PM
well I I have to disagree , a good driver is a good driver , I will use K bush and K larson as an example , they do good in what ever they sit in , of coarse they are in the best equipment available ,much like davenport .....

Most cup drivers are good drivers and actually have experience with the car in question. Very few good late model drivers do anything in a midget. Davenport included.

If you have a bunch of good drivers with equal experience, I agree. But the experience gap is worth a lot.

Black F
04-06-2023, 08:54 AM

jd does good on them there funny tars a his. thats all.

fastford
04-07-2023, 04:00 PM
Most cup drivers are good drivers and actually have experience with the car in question. Very few good late model drivers do anything in a midget. Davenport included.

If you have a bunch of good drivers with equal experience, I agree. But the experience gap is worth a lot.

I dont think K bush had any experience in a dirt late model when he won that race at Bristol , carl edwards won it the year before ,,,I would say the equipment you are sitting in means more today than in the past ...jmo..

champion24
04-08-2023, 03:51 PM
Thought he would be better in the truck. The heat wasn't good for him!

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-08-2023, 04:14 PM
I dont think K bush had any experience in a dirt late model when he won that race at Bristol , carl edwards won it the year before ,,,I would say the equipment you are sitting in means more today than in the past ...jmo..

Are you talking about the prelude at eldora? Where none of them had experience to speak of?

I don't recall Busch winning any lm race at Bristol.

champion24
04-08-2023, 04:18 PM
JD was 7th in the heat.

fastford
04-09-2023, 01:06 PM
Are you talking about the prelude at eldora? Where none of them had experience to speak of?

I don't recall Busch winning any lm race at Bristol.

K. Bush won the last one , 2012 , and there was a hand full with dirt experience in the race , one being Clint boyer , carl edwards won it in 07 driving stacy holmes car , which was the best money could buy at the time , it was the prelude but there was several drivers in those races with more dirt experience than either mention ....