PDA

View Full Version : RTJ tweet at Talladega Short Track ….

EDERDS
04-21-2023, 08:25 PM
“I forgot the off-road shocks”

slmcrewchief99
04-21-2023, 09:24 PM
He has on Facebook that they loaded up and aren't gonna race.

Jim11h
04-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Wow what a whiner. Where did the real racers disappear too? It's dirt, it's not supposed to be same everywhere everytime. I'm certain he was able to use his phone like everyone else and see weather conditions prior to event and during. Was kinda a fan of rtj but in this situation nope. Just like watched casebolt & Miller load up one night at millstream citing too fast and rough. Everyone has choices but they also have consequences and them are fans and merch sales.

Drop Shock
04-21-2023, 11:52 PM
Sub-par track conditions on local races are one thing but when you show up to a $50,000 to win race you shouldn’t have to worry about ripping the nose off in qualifying

bleedblue55
04-22-2023, 05:08 AM
Shame on TST for being able to put up a nice purse but not being able to control the weather. Maybe RTJ should take his act across the street for ideal conditions.

ride height
04-22-2023, 05:51 AM
I wasn’t there so I don’t know….but having had a modest little B Mod car in the past. For those who don’t race….a really rough track breaks a lot of parts and is way harder on cars than actually racing, and that was on my little 10 cent rig. I can’t imagine the cost to a big boy late model car. So just know that before you take sides.

Highside Hustler25
04-22-2023, 07:00 AM
Some folks have the idea that they are part of a race team and should have a say in what the said team does. Ya's sound like a bunch of 12 year old girls. Sponsor a team for around 20 - 30 gs. Then your opinion might be of some interest. Till then, stfu. Ya'll sound like lil biches.

Jim11h
04-22-2023, 07:03 AM
I prefer rough then asphalt slick when racing. It was said many years ago, you gotta build it to finish. Nose git ripped off in qualifying, well don't jump cushion and raise ride heights, problem solved. I've raced really rough and didn't see parts falling off my POS, so I take sides from seat not bleacher creature

Highside Hustler25
04-22-2023, 07:13 AM
Funny how nobody mentions (Mr. Likeable) Mikey Marlar did the same thing. So 2 of the fastest hotrods in the country right now decided to save their equipment for another day. Sounds like a smart decision for the two of them.

jr29
04-22-2023, 07:16 AM
If they had cancelled after the rain they would have been crucified.
The level of complaining from racers and race fans is absurd.

dirtcrazy4u
04-22-2023, 07:33 AM
Taking RTJ comment way out of text. Was the track ruff, yes, due to the weather the ground crew was dealt with. If they would have cancelled you keyboard jockeys would have crusified them. In the drivers seat racing on a surface that's rutted up is not a good time. #1 you need to inspect every inch of the car afterwards. His crew is probably thanking the person that made that call.

Black F
04-22-2023, 07:47 AM
said the king of keyboard jockeyism ^^

lol^

Drop Shock
04-22-2023, 09:17 AM
I prefer rough then asphalt slick when racing. It was said many years ago, you gotta build it to finish. Nose git ripped off in qualifying, well don't jump cushion and raise ride heights, problem solved. I've raced really rough and didn't see parts falling off my POS, so I take sides from seat not bleacher creature

Yeah raise ride heights and go slower than the rest of the field. It’s not the 80s. Cars are way too stuck and slammed on the front end to be racing on cornfields in 2023. Did you clowns see the video of Hoffman almost barrel roll it in qualifying? Place wasn’t safe at all, why take a chance on junking your stuff when it’s not even your series and you’re the points leader for the other series. Y’all are some entitled race fans watching from your couch, plain and simple

Thedoctor
04-22-2023, 09:31 AM
I didn’t watch so can’t say much. But how many cars ended up on their lids. How much equipment ended up being torn up In the 3 features ? The post above makes it sound like it was a s***show and maybe it was, I don’t know.

klemmabyna
04-22-2023, 10:26 AM
your car has been as hot as a fuel fire and you want risk bending it in a series you aren't chasing? i don't think so.

Henry Every
04-22-2023, 12:45 PM
The video highlites didnt look all that rough, not rough enough to load up. Features were VERY racy and 2 wide the whole way, which is unheard of at TST in the past. These cars today have a ton of adjustability, it may not be ideal, but why not just raise the nose and deal with it.

84wedge
04-22-2023, 01:06 PM
The call was probably made by the crew chief and/or team owner.

MEE
04-22-2023, 01:09 PM
they had 64 last night, lets see how many they have tonight.i bet they aint the only 2 that leave.

Jim11h
04-22-2023, 01:53 PM
This ain't the 80s or even 90s but we've allowed the teams to dictate ideal race surface and parts manufacturers determine rising costs. I don't see teams parking they're junk when track locks down. Qualifying fastest up front primadonna racers. The purses have never paid higher the cars have never cost so much, so what's really changed? Racing is still a hobby that somebody I'd losing money doing

bleedblue55
04-22-2023, 03:22 PM
they had 64 last night, lets see how many they have tonight.i bet they aint the only 2 that leave.

There's always guys buried in a heat that leave a 2 day show, the fact that some feel it's necessary to announce their departure is the issue. It's a racetrack not an airport.

Henry Every
04-22-2023, 03:28 PM
... It's a racetrack not an airport...Very well put. Social media gets used way too much for nonsense.

dirtcrazy4u
04-22-2023, 04:05 PM
I wonder if it was your money being spent what kind of replies we would see

Drop Shock
04-22-2023, 04:11 PM
This ain't the 80s or even 90s but we've allowed the teams to dictate ideal race surface and parts manufacturers determine rising costs. I don't see teams parking they're junk when track locks down. Qualifying fastest up front primadonna racers. The purses have never paid higher the cars have never cost so much, so what's really changed? Racing is still a hobby that somebody I'd losing money doing

People don’t load up when it’s rubbered cause you don’t have the chance of snapping a RF shock in the rubber. Races pay more to win yes but there can only be one winner, 4th in a Lucas oil Race pays like $2,600. How the heck are you supposed to keep a team going up and down the road if you don’t race smart and spend smart. Idiot

Jim11h
04-23-2023, 08:50 AM
So 2600 keeps a team going up and down the road in slick smooth perfect conditions but not fast wet or rough? I'm an idiot that's good at math. Diesel is roughly $4.50 a gallon at 8 mpg. Southern indy to Bama probably 550 miles round trip (total guess) so you've got $325 diesel, race gas $400 weekend, you've got 1900 left and we ain't done 3 sets tires, pit pass, motor per lap costs, miles per service on tow rig yet, etc.......you lose regardless. That's why it's a hobby typically to well-off car owners. You can destroy cars in slick just same as rough. Heck you tube pennsboro and the 20 car melee or how ever many was.

Your best argument is to call idiot but true idiots are one's spending 50k chassis for crate car or another 45k for super motor to race for pennies on dollar and continually try to out spend each other, but that's another subject so continue with your baseless name calling hypocrisy

Highside Hustler25
04-23-2023, 10:17 AM
^
RTJ will be racing in PA. next weekend. Maybe you can get your die-cast signed then.

grt74
04-23-2023, 10:17 AM
hoffmann deal was his own fault, right rear way to ridged for the conditions,

and if they would put a swing arm or z link on the rr when conditions are that bad it wouldn't be an issue, there is a way to do it and still be fast, and don't tell me it won't work, mods can still stick the rr