PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Smith and team suspended from Hunt The Front, DIRTcar, WOO LMS, & WRG events.

HoosierDirtFan
06-07-2023, 04:09 PM
Just seen Garrett Smith suspended 90 days from Hunt The Front

Scott Smith entries are suspended indefinitely from HTF events.

Scott Smith also fined $3,000 and must be paid before reinstatement which won't be considered for at least a year.

Since Hunt The Front is DIRTcar sanctioned penalties extend to all DIRTcar, World Racing Group, & World Of Outlaws Case Late Model Series events.

Tnewton
06-07-2023, 04:37 PM
Ya think cheeseburger is regretting his decision now?

84wedge
06-07-2023, 04:43 PM
How did they manage that?

Barbecueboy
06-07-2023, 06:30 PM
Did anyone else see the official “alcohol ban” the series is putting on the teams competing……I get the obvious, but it’s highly unlikely that’s real enforceable in the haulers.

gumby_32d
06-07-2023, 07:44 PM
I'm not up to speed, what did Garrett do to get suspended?

Highside Hustler25
06-07-2023, 07:49 PM
I'm not up to speed, what did Garrett do to get suspended?

Something that happened at Cochran June 3rd. I'm not up to speed either.

Dlmfan123
06-07-2023, 09:33 PM
Garrett’s dad attempted to hit Joshua joiner, then tried to rip down the HTF victory lane banner

MEE
06-07-2023, 09:46 PM
on DOD it says,during qualifying scot smith entered another teams pit area and confronted one of the crew members.smith was warned by officials that further aggressive actions by him or anyone on the team would result in punitive actions. during a caution scot smith verbally assaulted and physicall struk a HTF official before being restrained . he also attempted to tear down the tours victory lane banner.

Raceready
06-08-2023, 06:26 AM
It sounds like they are a couple of HOTHEADS ! ! Who does any of them think they are, John Flinner ? ?

Tireguy17
06-08-2023, 07:29 AM
I wonder what Randall Edwards is thinking.....(If he's still there at this point)

Dlmfan123
06-08-2023, 10:53 AM
U guys are acting like he hasn’t been with the clown Tyler erb for the last few years

Josh Bayko
06-08-2023, 11:02 AM
To be fair, for all of Terbo’s antics, he works his ass off on the car. I’m not sure it’s the same way at GSR.

crownman25
06-08-2023, 12:09 PM
Someone clue us in

crownman25
06-08-2023, 12:17 PM
Let me get this right his dad did everything and the kid did nothing but got suspended also?

foxfire2dirtracing
06-08-2023, 12:48 PM
Crewman25
From the DOD article and press release from HTF: I have read nothing that shows the driver (Garrett) did anything wrong?
Maybe HTF ( Joiner) just dose not want to have to compete against him?
Another maybe: is the HTF gang “really” the good ole boys everyone has thought they were?
I don’t know- some extreme consequences for the driver. He doesn’t have many racing choices left except for Lucas Oil, Ray Cook’s Southern Nationals or local non sanctioned races.
I guess time will tell us about the real HTF: good or bad. Honestly, the race fans have put them where they are by subscribing to their u-tube channel. I could be mistaken which would definitely not be the first time. Don’t get me wrong: there had to be rules and enforcement of said rules in any sport- but some of this situation is a little questionable. ( not the part with the team owner/dad assaulting officials)

84wedge
06-08-2023, 01:17 PM
How long did the guy that went to someones trailer and assaulted them with a hammer get?

JustAddDirt
06-08-2023, 01:44 PM
I watched the HTF guys in the beginning and unless they have gotten better, they seemed to be clueless what to do to a racecar. Maintenace and other things.
I remember there were videos on overheating on the old victory circle car, they had no shroud, a POS fan and I think a POS radiator. geez I quit watching after that, but my mom subscribed to them and kept me in the loop of the fu(kery.

Now I saw they have won some races and made some shows, got better cars etc. But at the height of their success, they were always on the phone with Marshall @ Capitol.

Kudos to them though on building a good fanbase of YT. Seems like good family folks. Looks like they are making a good living off that, plus one of the wives is an attorney so that is a plus.

riddle28
06-08-2023, 01:58 PM
smith hasnt made any noise since they fired mallory at speed weeks lol i doubt theyre worried about getting outrun by him

riddle28
06-08-2023, 02:00 PM
I watched the HTF guys in the beginning and unless they have gotten better, they seemed to be clueless what to do to a racecar. Maintenace and other things.
I remember there were videos on overheating on the old victory circle car, they had no shroud, a POS fan and I think a POS radiator. geez I quit watching after that, but my mom subscribed to them and kept me in the loop of the fu(kery.

Now I saw they have won some races and made some shows, got better cars etc. But at the height of their success, they were always on the phone with Marshall @ Capitol.

Kudos to them though on building a good fanbase of YT. Seems like good family folks. Looks like they are making a good living off that, plus one of the wives is an attorney so that is a plus.

your mom fills you in on what the spouses jobs are?

JustAddDirt
06-08-2023, 02:19 PM
nope, whichever one of the wives has a TikTok account and one of her videos came up on my FYP page on TikTok.

Dlmfan123
06-08-2023, 03:56 PM
Let me get this right his dad did everything and the kid did nothing but got suspended also?Drivers are responsible for there crews

One Man Gang
06-08-2023, 04:20 PM
Where the hell is brainbucket at to set the record straight and fill us in on all HTF happenings behind the scene ?

foxfire2dirtracing
06-08-2023, 04:31 PM
You guys are correct: drivers are responsible for team members- even though they may just be a hired gun to drive and not the owner.

One Man Gang
06-08-2023, 07:43 PM
who is "brainbucket"?
A 4m’er with insider intel on HTF activities

One Man Gang
06-08-2023, 09:42 PM
insider intel lol. a 4m'r? lolsdm!
He actually may be a FBI informant with KGB secrets hell I don’t know but he knows all about HTF.

One Man Gang
06-09-2023, 01:39 AM
maybe "he" is htf? ever think of that?
Yes sir I have and it’s very possible. Very knowledgeable and sensible person from previous posts he has made.

dirtcrazy4u
06-09-2023, 04:41 AM
Who owns the team ? Garrett ? I get what your saying about who is responsible for the team at the racetrack but I would think that roll falls more on the crew chief than the driver.

weatherman85
06-09-2023, 09:13 AM
Garrett's team is family owned. Terminal Maintenance Construction (TMC) that you see on his cars was founded by his Grand dad and that is were the bulk of the money come from at least at the start.

Alcohol and short tempers never mix well, especially at a race track.

zyoung25
06-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Where the hell is brainbucket at to set the record straight and fill us in on all HTF happenings behind the scene ?

He works out of town a lot I know, and doesn't get on here when he is working. He is one of the few dudes on here that actually knows what the hell he is talking about.

Raceready
06-09-2023, 02:02 PM
who is "brainbucket"?Rajiflyboy ? ?

jog49
06-09-2023, 02:19 PM
"Did anyone else see the official “alcohol ban” the series is putting on the teams competing……I get the obvious, but it’s highly unlikely that’s real enforceable in the haulers."

Tupperware is once again selling rolling pins by the truckloads to the dirt racing teams like they once did to football fans!

Raceready
06-09-2023, 03:12 PM
yes, its me!!y'all must have known all along?Perhaps he can enlighten all us all on on up the skinny on Maddens chassis or a possile Bloomer and Richards partnership then ? ?

Southern dirt
06-10-2023, 01:09 AM
I can assure you Garetts dad don’t give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).they almost killed him in qualifying by the “HTF official they picked up at the truck stop on the way there.

dirtcrazy4u
06-10-2023, 05:22 AM
^^^^^ what the h1ll are you talking about

Barbecueboy
06-10-2023, 06:42 AM
He doesn’t give a sheet he embarrassed his own son by his stupidity…..ok?

Sounds like a great guy….I’m sure his son is proud.

Pennsboro32
06-10-2023, 12:01 PM
Can’t say I’m surprised.

Senroc-Systems
06-10-2023, 11:14 PM
Gotta double click it!😱

Senroc-Systems
06-11-2023, 06:21 AM
If you are referring to quoting I do that every time. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you dont!😱