PDA

View Full Version : Rocket XR1 Tight on Entry

Cranky
07-02-2023, 07:35 PM
Rocket XR1 is tight getting into the corner, especially when the track has some moisture or bite. The car is set up by the book but our driver is a bigger guy, just a little over 300lbs. We have actually added a little weight to the car to get the Rocket suggested percentages just right. Driver says he can't get car to rotate getting in the corner and has to wait to go full throttle after the snap loose that the car does. He states that exit feels great once car rotates but entry is too tight. Any suggestions? Longer J Bar to move rear to the right? More rear percentage? I feel like it's a weight transfer issue because of bigger driver

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-03-2023, 06:17 AM
Rocket XR1 is tight getting into the corner, especially when the track has some moisture or bite. The car is set up by the book but our driver is a bigger guy, just a little over 300lbs. We have actually added a little weight to the car to get the Rocket suggested percentages just right. Driver says he can't get car to rotate getting in the corner and has to wait to go full throttle after the snap loose that the car does. He states that exit feels great once car rotates but entry is too tight. Any suggestions? Longer J Bar to move rear to the right? More rear percentage? I feel like it's a weight transfer issue because of bigger driver

I wouldn't start altering alignments. Kinda need to see what the car is doing, but it should be pretty safe to remove LF spring rate.

If it's getting the weight off the LF up the straight, more toe out could help too.

Jking24
07-03-2023, 09:17 PM
Rocket XR1 is tight getting into the corner, especially when the track has some moisture or bite. The car is set up by the book but our driver is a bigger guy, just a little over 300lbs. We have actually added a little weight to the car to get the Rocket suggested percentages just right. Driver says he can't get car to rotate getting in the corner and has to wait to go full throttle after the snap loose that the car does. He states that exit feels great once car rotates but entry is too tight. Any suggestions? Longer J Bar to move rear to the right? More rear percentage? I feel like it's a weight transfer issue because of bigger driverNeed some more info ? Is he turning in on fuel or off fuel ? Does it matter ? You say by the book ? The book has changed a few times so where are your loads ?

KTMLew
07-04-2023, 03:32 PM
Weightwatchers?

crownman25
07-05-2023, 09:47 AM
are you weighing car with driver? it makes diff...