PDA

View Full Version : JD Is Tired Of Getting Run Over

Snake X3
07-11-2023, 10:17 PM
That's about the angriest I've ever seen JD. LOL Devin probably heard what he said and didn't address it.

LM1M
07-11-2023, 11:05 PM
Good for him, its about time. Moran has been driving over his head too much this year. Don't know if he is feeling pressure to keep that ride or what.

jcotton02
07-12-2023, 07:21 AM
Like JD never does a slider and parks it in front of somebody or slides there nose. Come on. Don’t be a hypocrite JD.

kidrock
07-12-2023, 08:01 AM
What others are making questionable sliders. Are you sure lol.......................................... Devin made some kind of reference to the incident in his post race interview.

Highside Hustler25
07-12-2023, 08:52 AM
Post # 3. Spot on.

Pennsboro32
07-12-2023, 08:54 AM
JD is just frustrated that he isn't dominating like last season.

jog49
07-12-2023, 08:56 AM
He just rehashed the old saying "you drive me rough, I'll drive you rough".

Josh Bayko
07-12-2023, 09:14 AM
Devin never used to really drive the way he does this year. I don’t know what changed.

dirtcrazy4u
07-12-2023, 09:35 AM
Nick Hoffman running as good as he is and Devin struggling. Mite be a head case seeing the ride he left running much better.

Highside Hustler25
07-12-2023, 09:36 AM
JD is just frustrated that he isn't dominating like last season.

You're exactly right. I really think he expects to win every race. Maybe not a bad approach but I think it would have to get to a person on a mental aspect when things aren't going well.

dirtcrazy4u
07-12-2023, 09:42 AM
Maybe JD got one of them there horns that won't react to changes. It is something that has the horn faithful puzzled.

Snake X3
07-12-2023, 10:17 AM
I think some of you missed the joke. JD hardly showed any emotion. If that was JD angry, he's pretty subdued.

I have seen him get angry, especially earlier in his career, but the point is, even when he's upset with someone, it's hard to tell from his face and his words are chosen carefully.

I think that he is getting frustrated with only being 2nd in Lucas wins. I don't think any racer is very happy when they aren't winning, but especially with most of the top teams on Lucas now, it's never easy.

dlmfan
07-12-2023, 12:24 PM
it's not just jd. all the older drivers are getting tired of the way the yuggins are driveling

zyoung25
07-12-2023, 02:37 PM
I thought it was kinda dumb of JD to drive into Moran on the first lap anyway. He would've really been whining if he bent the nose up and fell through the field like a rock. I don't feel like it was a bad move by Devin.

kidrock
07-12-2023, 03:40 PM
What has changed is it's harder to pass nowadays, there is more money on the line and it's not easy keeping rides you already have if you don't perform

castone
07-12-2023, 04:31 PM
If J D gets that cape in clean air the kid-os probably can't catch him to rough up !

Mopar DLM
07-12-2023, 05:18 PM
They all need to quit whining and make their car faster so they won't have an opportunity to slide you. If they can't catch you they can't pass you. It's not someone else's fault you were slower.

MIdlmfan
07-12-2023, 07:24 PM
it's not just jd. all the older drivers are getting tired of the way the yuggins are drivelingTotally agree Devon screwed Overton and he admitted it in victory Lane RTJ screwed Davenport and he admitted it in victory Lane that’s how the young guys drive they say they’re sorry but the next week they do the same thing

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-12-2023, 08:15 PM
JD is also tired of racing. He just wants to start from the pole.

dirtcrazy4u
07-13-2023, 05:30 AM
Good one mastersbuilt

grt74
07-13-2023, 06:06 AM

also if he would qualify he wouldn't be back there, in the words of a great friend, "if your back there with the crap, its not there fault, its yours"
and I've seen him rough folks up too, so he isn't an angel either

riddle28
07-13-2023, 06:07 AM
take out eldora and he hasnt had a banner year im sure hes frustrated when rtj and pierce have been the horns everyone is talkin about this year

play4kps
07-13-2023, 07:02 AM
Davenport is a great race car driver, even if he does start up front at Eldora, rarely does anyone pass him, At the green flag starts, hes got a 10 car lead going into turn one. I agree people like RTJ, Pierce, Tmac, Blair, English, Hoffman and Hudson are vary good at getting to the front passing cars, while JD actually struggles passing cars on long runs. But that being said, however you feel about his car, he gets the job done and wins at Eldora with what he is given.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
07-13-2023, 08:08 AM
also if he would qualify he wouldn't be back there, in the words of a great friend, "if your back there with the crap, its not there fault, its yours"
and I've seen him rough folks up too, so he isn't an angel either

dam straight! ^

Flathead
07-13-2023, 10:48 AM
I guess Superman forgot early in the season when was finishing around 7-10th place on a regular basis and starting up front in features and going backwards he was throwing haymakers, rubbing others and bending sheet metal. I kinda like it when there’s a little controversy on the track because the announcers honestly don’t know what to say when it happens because they keep one hand in every driver’s pants and the other on the microphone and they don’t want to say a bad work about anyone.

Andrews42FAN
07-13-2023, 12:44 PM
If you want to talk about starting mid pack one would have to look at TMAC. He's been on the struggle bus most of the year and has been abysmal in qualifying. Might have to change his handle to BMAC.... He's my favorite Lucas regular, but for the resources that team has he needs to step his Q game up.

Buford.Justice
07-13-2023, 01:34 PM
I don't like to see any racer doing hail Mary slide jobs and winding up body slamming and or wrecking others. 99 Senior did a lot of this and maybe it's rubbing off on Devon to do the same.

It's important to qualify near the front and avoid having to drive rough to make gains.

Highside Hustler25
07-13-2023, 05:04 PM
In just about every form of dirt racing I've seen, it seems to only be the late models that have a problem with slide jobs. Some get it. Some don't.
I'll give you a example.
Kylie Larson will slide you once, twice, maybe 3 times and leave you a lane to turn under him. That 4th time? He's gonna park it right in front of you. Seen it a 100 times and I've never seen anyone complain. It's part of racing.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-13-2023, 05:36 PM
If you want to talk about starting mid pack one would have to look at TMAC. He's been on the struggle bus most of the year and has been abysmal in qualifying. Might have to change his handle to BMAC.... He's my favorite Lucas regular, but for the resources that team has he needs to step his Q game up.

On the long distance races let's say 60 and up if Timmy starts deep he usually finishes in top 3 or wins. If he starts up front he seems to not fair so well. I've seen him do this a lot. I'm not sure if it comes from his bb mod days or the car takes that long to hook up w there set up.

Hoosier_Dirt
07-14-2023, 03:27 PM

I've noticed that as well. He doesnt drive anything like he used to.

TS FAN
07-14-2023, 04:19 PM
I don't see much to complain about for any driver on track conduct this year. Sliders as was said are part to the sport. Moran has been racing harder this year, and other than one instance, he has been fine IMO

As for JD, one thing i noticed this year. His cars tend to give up in longer races. That is other than Eldora. I for one, am glad to see him not running off from the pole every race. I have nothing against the man, he is a great driver and we all know that. But I don't think anyone enjoys a driver going from the poie and dominating all the races.

Pennsboro32
07-14-2023, 05:54 PM
Also, what these older guys tend to forget (JD, McCreadie, etc). They were all wild in their younger days. 4m use to blow up with JDs driving in his 20s.

Trax53
07-26-2023, 08:23 AM
Don't blame him a bit for his payback hit to Daulton Wilson in the $100K XR race at OFFROAD.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
07-26-2023, 08:43 AM
jd intentionally ran a car into the wall. he should have been parked!

Hoosier_Dirt
07-26-2023, 09:42 AM
It wouldnt suprise me at all to see the 49 team shut down at seasons end. When Jason left, it left a big void. IMO they seem burnt out, and when JD made the comment after the dream "who knows, we may sell all this (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and buy a boat", well I think theres more behind that. He said they are not going to the PDC which he rarely runs well at.

Pennsboro32
07-26-2023, 09:47 AM
That's what happens when you win too much, you get burnt out. Nothing to the fault of JD, but he's accomplished almost everything there is to accomplish, and when you're not winning every other race like he was accustomed to, I'm sure it takes a toll.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
07-26-2023, 10:55 AM
give him back them funny tars a his or the other tricks and gadgets he got away with and he'll be fine again.

obamaracing#1
07-26-2023, 01:31 PM
Lol don’t get me wrong JD paid his dues and is the “ people’s’ champ” but heaven forbid if you beat and bang today. I miss the olds of the cars sliding into the corners and moving it up. Now they are glorified wedge cars. I know I know, “ get back in the house grandpa.”

Tireguy17
07-26-2023, 02:39 PM
Don't blame him a bit for his payback hit to Daulton Wilson in the $100K XR race at OFFROAD.

What he did to Wilson last night was bush league. Its not like Wilson horribly over drove the entry and bank boarded into JD and punted him. It was a 3-wide racing deal.

castone
07-26-2023, 03:54 PM
J D trying to find some clean air for that cape !

Snake X3
07-26-2023, 07:20 PM
JD addresses the controversy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSNB7txfIl0

Raceready
07-26-2023, 10:49 PM
JD addresses the controversy.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSNB7txfIl0I'm a wondering if that 18 should wall JD and say " There now you have something to whine about "?