PDA

View Full Version : Rtj

Rajflyboy
07-27-2023, 02:31 PM
Did anyone see this coming? He is doing so well this year. And who will be doing this next year ? Every year someone seems to dominate.

Raceready
07-27-2023, 03:25 PM
Did anyone see this coming? He is doing so well this year. And who will be doing this next year ? Every year someone seems to dominate.I think that young Bob Pierce could step on up to the plate to fill his shoes ? ?

Bforwarned
07-27-2023, 04:59 PM
RTJ has dominated in the Mod division for a couple years so his talent should not be questioned. He can drive so that a good setup for him is equal to a great setup for others. Very smooth on the throttle getting maximum traction.

Rajflyboy
07-27-2023, 08:42 PM
Qualifying means so much now

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
07-27-2023, 09:52 PM
rtj es rápido y será más rápido ya que tiene un buen autocontrol y puede conducir mejor.

Lo veo haciendo muchas cosas geniales en el futuro.

ftfiowa
07-27-2023, 10:25 PM
RTJ has always been bad fast and anyone surprised by that is simply not paying attention. RTJ, Pierce, zack Mitchell, & drake troutman are the future of late model racing imo.

fryefan
07-27-2023, 11:50 PM
Personally, I am not surprised at all. He won multiple IMCA Super Nationals Championships @ Boone (many top notch drivers have never won one). Also, he has always been fast whether he was in a modified, stock car, midget, or IMCA late model. It was just a matter of whether he got a good ride, which he has.

pushin cushin
07-28-2023, 02:22 AM
Anyone that watched this kid grow up at Manzanita Speedway would tell you that this no surprise. Packing up moving to Iowa was definitely key of getting exposure and getting an opportunity. He has paid his dues, and deserves all the good things that’s a result of chasing his dream and putting in the work.

dirtcrazy4u
07-28-2023, 05:15 AM
He races smart, in my eyes he resembles a young t-mac. Get him in a xr-1 and the sky is the limit. :)

EvelB7
07-28-2023, 06:44 AM
He races smart, in my eyes he resembles a young t-mac. Get him in a xr-1 and the sky is the limit. :)You obviously mean the x-1 skycycle Evel used, and dropped into the canyon! Better keep those horns up if he wants to keep the paycheck numbers up....

Josh Bayko
07-28-2023, 04:37 PM
RTJ is talented for sure and has a fast piece, but there is also a ton of good luck that goes into seasons like the one he’s having.

MIdlmfan
07-28-2023, 06:12 PM
RTJ has always been bad fast and anyone surprised by that is simply not paying attention. RTJ, Pierce, zack Mitchell, & drake troutman are the future of late model racing imo.So you think Zach Mitchell is going to have a better career than Hudson Oneal? I would keep an eye out for Josh Rice

Raceready
07-28-2023, 06:19 PM
You obviously mean the x-1 skycycle Evel used, and dropped into the canyon! Better keep those horns up if he wants to keep the paycheck numbers up....^^^ I've heard tell of them being referred to as SCUDS like the missiles that the Mid-Eastern countries tried to bomb us with but most often dropped far short of their target goal ? ?

obamaracing#1
07-28-2023, 06:22 PM
No I didn’t. To look at him you would never guess he’s one of the best dirt racers in the country. Looks like some kid that would be working at your local Walmart or something lol. He most have excellent parents. What a mature young man. At his age being a family man, you you can tell how close he, his wife and kids are. Hats off to mom and dad!

chopter33
07-29-2023, 10:44 AM
what rtj has going isnt luck. kid is badfast and will be upfront for quite awhile imo. nick hoffman will do the same.

84wedge
07-29-2023, 11:22 AM
He's a combination of veteran racecraft and the guts of youthfulness. Look at the move he pulled last night to win at Fairbury. Slider in 1 and 2, got crossed over, waited for a fraction of a second in three to see what kind of defence would be thrown, and went low to win. What he did in turns three and four were decided in a split second with no hesitation.

jog49
07-29-2023, 02:01 PM
RTJ has always been bad fast and anyone surprised by that is simply not paying attention. RTJ, Pierce, zack Mitchell, & drake troutman are the future of late model racing imo.

I can't comment on Troutman, based on the one race I saw, but Thornton, Pierce, and Mitchell can handle race traffic as if it isn't on the track. All three are as good as I've ever seen at that aspect of racing and I've seen a lot in 60 years of watching. A mastery of traffic wins races if the equipment us under you. With these three, it seems to make no difference about the track; just get them to the pits.
They will take care of the rest!

ZERO25
07-29-2023, 02:53 PM
Burroughs says, thank you very much!

Josh Bayko
07-30-2023, 09:13 AM
what rtj has going isnt luck. kid is badfast and will be upfront for quite awhile imo. nick hoffman will do the same.

He hasn’t blown any motors, he hasn’t been caught up accidents that aren’t his fault. He hasn’t had any flats that cost him a race. The only issue he’s had all year was the droop violation and even that didn’t hurt him too bad, because Lucas extra soft droop penalties. These things are all pretty lucky. He’s very talented, no doubt, but these dream seasons always have an element of luck.

kidrock
07-30-2023, 09:17 AM
Davenport, Overton and now it's RTJ year Congrats on the win RTJ

Barbecueboy
07-30-2023, 10:04 AM
Luck, karma,juju, stuff happening or whatever you want to call it exists…..Normally it depends on one’s beliefs as to what it’s called.

I totally believe I’ve been lucky many times that deer stopped to eat corn instead of running out in front of my car driving home through the swamps on the way home from a race…..

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
07-30-2023, 10:21 AM
thats the good Lord watching over you bbq^^

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
07-30-2023, 10:28 AM
No such thing as luck. Stuff happens and sometimes stuff doesn't happen.. not because of good or bad luck. Often I see people wish other good luck on social media.. dumbest thing ever.. like that post will make a difference. I think they just want to feel relevant. People were winning races, having flat tires, blowing motors, missing a wreck well before some goober on social media was wishing them luck.

its more that they are saying we have your back and want you to do well, at least thats why I say it. not to say there aren't those who just want themselves noticed.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
07-30-2023, 10:39 AM
why was Ricky sent back to 6th? he stalls then resumes power then they
throw the yellow? he never stopped. what?

great come back, great driver!

kidrock
07-30-2023, 11:58 AM
I sure would like to hear from the Woo officials on why they made that call to send him back to 6th. It sure seems like that wasn't the right call but, they may have a perfectly good reason why they made the call.

Although I am glad RTJ came back and got the win. 187 pages later of bashing would have followed.

Raceready
07-30-2023, 12:06 PM
I sure would like to hear from the Woo officials on why they made that call to send him back to 6th. It sure seems like that wasn't the right call but, they may have a perfectly good reason why they made the call. Although I am glad RTJ came back and got the win. 187 pages later of bashing would have followed.Politics involved perhaps since RTJ is not a WoO regular ? ?

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
07-30-2023, 12:23 PM
Politics involved perhaps since RTJ is not a WoO regular ? ?

you nailed it. its not the first time WoO screwed or in this case tried to screw a none WoO car.

HoosierDirtFan
07-30-2023, 12:51 PM
If you all where listening or watching the race they announced over the track PA why they threw the caution and made the call they made.

kidrock
07-30-2023, 12:54 PM
Politics involved perhaps since RTJ is not a WoO regular ? ?

I mean maybe that was the reason. I've heard this same stuff when a Woo guy races Lucas. That's why it would be nice to here their response.

kidrock
07-30-2023, 12:56 PM
If you all where listening or watching the race they announced over the track PA why they threw the caution and made the call they made.

I wasn't there and I don't have dirtvision so, no I don't know why the Woo officials made the call.

Buford.Justice
07-30-2023, 12:57 PM

And what did they actually say. There seems to be some confusion here, many fans are saying nothing was even said at all.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
07-30-2023, 01:46 PM

not all of us did hdf. why be an ass about it lol ?

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
07-30-2023, 02:27 PM
where's shiny? he's most likely got the 411 on this bs yellow flag deal.

billetbirdcage
07-30-2023, 02:59 PM
Josh Bayko: He hasn’t blown any motors

Not disagreeing with you, but he did blow a motor the first night at the show me and they changed motors and used that same car the next night when he failed the droop. (think that is correct, its been a few days)

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
07-30-2023, 03:01 PM
only thing stopping bobby from the win was Ricky T. so WoO decided to stop him. woo failed!

427c.i.
07-30-2023, 04:54 PM
On the TV broadcast they shut off the announcers mic’s for a second and then came back saying that he was a sitting duck and they had to throw a caution for safety. Then Rueben started blathering about the blend rule. They never showed a replay and you could tell that announcer Mike was kinda hesitant in what he was saying.
Look at the replay, even if the caution was warranted, RTJ in no way was running 6th when the yellow came out. It was fun to watch RTJ blow past “Points Pierce” twice though!
Lucas sanction it next year!!

84wedge
07-30-2023, 05:25 PM
He "Blended" in second place.

pierceFAN
07-30-2023, 11:04 PM
Don't know if it was a mistake or not but I think they knew they were kind of In a pickle...they said if you don't throw the yellow and he gets run over you catch he!!...and if you throw it too early you catch it....maybe not word for word but close...don't think they were out to screw the lucas oil guy..

ImCryn2
07-31-2023, 07:11 AM
Don't know if it was a mistake or not but I think they knew they were kind of In a pickle...they said if you don't throw the yellow and he gets run over you catch he!!...and if you throw it too early you catch it....maybe not word for word but close...don't think they were out to screw the lucas oil guy..

The rules are hard to keep up with these days, IMO. For years the rule was if you are the reason for the caution, you went to the tail and everyone else was lined up by the running order on the last completed lap. I'm not saying Ricky should have went to the back (I don't think he should have), I'm saying he should never had been 6th. I feel that either he is charged with the caution and goes to the tail, or they admit their mistake and line everyone up by how they were running the last completed lap. It worked out this time since he overcame and the fastest car won, but they still opened the door for criticism.
I remember a similar conversation on here after they docked Ricky positions for failing the droop rule. They apparently 'grade' the rule infraction by how far off the rules a guy is and penalize them positions for it when it comes to droop. Imagine how many points battles would have been better, or had a different outcome if they did the same for being light at the scales. Whether 5 lbs or 100 lbs light, you are disqualified for being light, but if you're 1/4" high you are docked less than someone 3/4" too high for droop. I'm not picking on Ricky (I am a fan of his), I'm picking on the officials for not having what it takes to enforce rules or admit when they make a mistake.
I know I'm a dinosaur, but someone explain how you 'kinda' break the rules.

pierceFAN
07-31-2023, 08:38 AM
RTJ was definitely the fastest car...glad he won tho...could you imagine what would have happened had ge finished 2nd

klemmabyna
07-31-2023, 08:55 AM

just stop it with the common sense stuff. conspiracy theories. that's what people want!

kazual
07-31-2023, 10:53 AM
Exactly Klem, common sense has no place on 4M.

Flathead
07-31-2023, 01:20 PM
I’m just curious if RTJ and his crew have gotten his car going this good with or without Kevin Rumleys help? Or are they not sharing information with the rest of the longhorn family? This could be a devastating blow to all the Rumley nut huggers on 4M and DoD if they’ve gotten this good on their own!

84wedge
07-31-2023, 01:51 PM
I'm surprised that car has survived such rough treatment.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-31-2023, 02:24 PM
I dont know for sure but I would say they found something on there own or jd and tmac would b right up there w them. I bet theres a top secret find there not saying anything about. It doesnt matter where he qualifys or starts hes always in top 3 or winning.

Dlmfan123
07-31-2023, 02:56 PM
I'm surprised that car has survived such rough treatment.Good maintenance program goes a long way

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-31-2023, 03:16 PM
Flathead,

Rumley is still looking for his second hit.

Highside Hustler25
07-31-2023, 03:44 PM
RTJ was definitely the fastest car...glad he won tho...could you imagine what would have happened had ge finished 2nd

I thought the same thing. Had Ricky not won, the crowd might have burned the joint down.

kidrock
07-31-2023, 03:46 PM
I thought the same thing. Had Ricky not won, the crowd might have burned the joint down.

If Bobby would have won the Bobby haters would have burned the place down but, if anyone else would have won they would have just been pissed lol....................................

84wedge
07-31-2023, 05:00 PM
Good maintenance program goes a long waySure does. I've seen J bars break under less stress than what he was giving it.

Highside Hustler25
07-31-2023, 05:12 PM
If Bobby would have won the Bobby haters would have burned the place down but, if anyone else would have won they would have just been pissed lol....................................

It was a very pro-Ricky crowd.

jog49
07-31-2023, 05:33 PM
"For years the rule was if you are the reason for the caution, you went to the tail and everyone else was lined up by the running order on the last completed lap."

Quite simple and that what it should still be! This absolutely ridiculous "blend" rule looks like something only the idiotic U.S. Government could come up with so the government, apparently, has its claws in the dirt racing world.

Highside Hustler25
07-31-2023, 05:37 PM
I'm thinkin the Kentucky Colonel should have gone to the tail.

kidrock
07-31-2023, 07:07 PM
"For years the rule was if you are the reason for the caution, you went to the tail and everyone else was lined up by the running order on the last completed lap."

Quite simple and that what it should still be! This absolutely ridiculous "blend" rule looks like something only the idiotic U.S. Government could come up with so the government, apparently, has its claws in the dirt racing world.

I have to agree with you. You bring out the caution you go to the tail pretty simple if you ask me. Honestly though I'm glad for RTJ it turned out like it did. He had the fastest car and it would have been a shame for him to lose this one knowing he had the best car.

kidrock
07-31-2023, 07:09 PM
It was a very pro-Ricky crowd.

Once I watched the replay on DoD I could tell when he passed Bobby on the back stretch they were going crazy.

klemmabyna
07-31-2023, 07:48 PM
Not so sure rtj wouldn’t have won from the tail

Jking24
07-31-2023, 08:00 PM
Not sure how far they had lapped up to buy that's where he would've restarted had he been sent to the "tail". I also think. He still would've won. I also disagree with where he ended up on the restart with the blend rule he Shirley was never anywhere near him before the yellow.

Josh Bayko
07-31-2023, 09:06 PM
The blend rule is stupid. Just go to the previous completed lap like the sport did for decades.

dirtcrazy4u
08-01-2023, 07:46 AM
There is no good reason for this blend rule. But, the guys in place making these decisions are delusional anyhow. Droop, questionable at best. Aero, on big tracks they must wear blinders, because if you want good racing today the bullring ovals is where it's at.

jog49
08-01-2023, 12:54 PM
Note that it's beginning to look like NASCAR rules. Soon, every bolt on a dirt car will be required to have the same number of threads, equal lengths, etc. - - - with innovation in the trash.

Josh Bayko
08-01-2023, 02:19 PM
There is no good reason for this blend rule. But, the guys in place making these decisions are delusional anyhow. Droop, questionable at best. Aero, on big tracks they must wear blinders, because if you want good racing today the bullring ovals is where it's at.

I can at least understand the intent of the droop rule. Moving the decks back down to 36” would probably accomplish the same goal, though.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-01-2023, 02:34 PM
Bayko,

The droop rule wasn't even intended to address aero, I don't think. It is because someone complaining, thinking they were at a disadvantage. If they cared about aero, there is so much low hanging fruit.

MIdlmfan
08-01-2023, 10:07 PM
All I know is Gomer Pyle is a hell of a wheelman