PDA

View Full Version : What if ?

dirtcrazy4u
08-01-2023, 08:08 AM
Lucas and woo officials come up with a chassis design that all builders must construct to there dimensions ?

There is a template for bodies

How about a mandatory tire for the RF and LR. Do what you wish on the RR.

Put a 1 to 11/2" wicker bill on the back of the roof and a 4" spoiler across the back

No more 2 min rule, give them 2 laps, you can't change a tire that fast, to d*m bad

Pit carts. They have more money in some of these creations it's ridiculous

Signal people. Just stop. 1 convex 4 x 6" mirror mounted center interior

Escobar
08-01-2023, 09:01 AM
The racers will find other areas to spend the money in and more than likely it'll cost more after those ideas. I'm over the bitching in DLM racing and now spend most of my time watching sprint cars.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-01-2023, 09:30 AM
Lucas and woo officials come up with a chassis design that all builders must construct to there dimensions ?

There is a template for bodies

How about a mandatory tire for the RF and LR. Do what you wish on the RR.

Put a 1 to 11/2" wicker bill on the back of the roof and a 4" spoiler across the back

No more 2 min rule, give them 2 laps, you can't change a tire that fast, to d*m bad

Pit carts. They have more money in some of these creations it's ridiculous

Signal people. Just stop. 1 convex 4 x 6" mirror mounted center interior

They have been trying to ruin it for years now. That sounds like a way to finish it off.

kidrock
08-01-2023, 10:14 AM
So basically more like NasClown? No thanks.. that last 2 years with that new car in NasClown has been terrible racing. All the folks that think it's so great just enjoy the drama nearly every week.

Actually the racing has been better in the last 2 years.

Raceready
08-01-2023, 12:10 PM
I forgot what race it was but was total crap for the whole race.. had a late caution and bunched up the field and the leaders then crashed.. all of a sudden that was considered a good race. Total joke.It may have been that goofy azzed street race in Chicago ?

kidrock
08-01-2023, 12:21 PM
LOL.. no it hasn't.

90% of the races are talked abut because of some drama, not good racing. All the issues with the new car, flat tires, causing injuries, causing fires.. then you had the drama at the football stadium.. then drama with Ross Chastain and Denny.. Ross Chastain and other drivers having issues.. then weather problems altering race results.. Chase missing races with an injury and Chase and Denny at Charlotte.. Denny and Larson.. list goes on and on.

Funny thing I dont watch many of the races...these are the headlines on articles and You Tube.

Isn't great we all can have our own opinions

Mantis
08-01-2023, 12:57 PM
Uhmmmm.......racing in a football stadium, that sounds familiar.

billetbirdcage
08-01-2023, 01:43 PM

They can't even enforce the body rules we had/have, how are they gonna measure a chassis?

Josh Bayko
08-01-2023, 02:31 PM
Actually the racing has been better in the last 2 years.

Not at any track bigger than like 4/10 it hasn’t.

Josh Bayko
08-01-2023, 02:39 PM
They can't even enforce the body rules we had/have, how are they gonna measure a chassis?

The body rules were fine back about 10-15 years ago. Thing is, instead of actually enforcing those rules, they just made new ones that made all the illegal stuff some teams were doing legal. And now we’re here.

KTMLew
08-01-2023, 02:57 PM
Put em in 4th design Howe chassis with big springs and 3 link rear suspension. Oh wait? That's basically what mods used to be. The mods of today would smoke the SLM of 20 years ago.

kidrock
08-01-2023, 03:36 PM
Bayko again isn't it great to have our own opinions.

kidrock
08-01-2023, 06:30 PM
Yes it is. I just don't classify drama with being a good race. If that is your thing then enjoy.

No I'm good with no drama but, it's just my opinion. 3 or 4 years ago it was really bad and in my opinion it's better than those years that's all. I respect your opinion and it's ok to disagree and still be civil with one another. Have a great rest of your week!!

fastford
08-01-2023, 06:30 PM
Put em in 4th design Howe chassis with big springs and 3 link rear suspension. Oh wait? That's basically what mods used to be. The mods of today would smoke the SLM of 20 years ago.

that is basically what our mods down here are now , none of that new fancy modern suspension stuff , which is what I like , there is room for innovation amongst these rules , not so much with late model,s any more .....

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-01-2023, 07:06 PM
No I'm good with no drama but, it's just my opinion. 3 or 4 years ago it was really bad and in my opinion it's better than those years that's all. I respect your opinion and it's ok to disagree and still be civil with one another. Have a great rest of your week!!

The cars are closer to each other in speed. However, the gimmicks remain.

18mmod
08-01-2023, 07:34 PM
No rules just run what you brung

kidrock
08-01-2023, 10:33 PM
The cars are closer to each other in speed. However, the gimmicks remain.

I can't dispute that

hardracer32
08-02-2023, 06:29 AM
The chassis aren't the problem anyway. You could fix 99% of the issues by just making some very simple body rules and I know a lot of people are going to say "droop isn't the problem" but I still say they need to take another 6-8 inches of that away either by using limiting chains or some other method. How far the left rear goes down is not the actual issue, it's how far the rear spoiler goes up because of the left rear "droop". Really it should be called the "hike" rule because that's what actually needs limited. If they would go back to early-mid 90's bodies without all the skew and tilt and right side of the nose 3 ft in the air, that would eliminate a lot of downforce, in-turn taking away the need for so much motor. You would be surprised what that would do for overall costs of being competitive. And keep in mind, the idea is not to limit how much people can spend, it's to limit how much they gain from it. It's to lower the point of diminishing return.

Jerky
08-02-2023, 09:19 AM
Face it, we're trending toward a division of full team traveling teams (in abundance) and everyone else and have been for years. If we were to change the body rules at this point, or the tire rule, or the droop rule at this point, unless there's a trickle down to the lower late model divisions (crates, limited, etc.) with the same rules you're losing the entire essence of a super late model. I want badass cars as tricked out as possible within the limits of the rules book with screaming motors and soft tires with the LR jacked up in the air. There are plenty of late model divisions with stricter rules in effect with spec parts. Let the supers eat and let the fools who can afford it part with their money, both in the pits and in the stands.

Buford.Justice
08-02-2023, 09:33 AM
Droop chains should be made out of expandable rubber with a zinc oxide coating. lol

KTMLew
08-02-2023, 12:52 PM
https://images46.fotki.com/v556/photos/0/3714830/16271629/HoweChassis1975avi-vi.jpg

Best I can do for attaching an image on this farking zhit site.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-02-2023, 01:40 PM
The chassis aren't the problem anyway. You could fix 99% of the issues by just making some very simple body rules and I know a lot of people are going to say "droop isn't the problem" but I still say they need to take another 6-8 inches of that away either by using limiting chains or some other method. How far the left rear goes down is not the actual issue, it's how far the rear spoiler goes up because of the left rear "droop". Really it should be called the "hike" rule because that's what actually needs limited. If they would go back to early-mid 90's bodies without all the skew and tilt and right side of the nose 3 ft in the air, that would eliminate a lot of downforce, in-turn taking away the need for so much motor. You would be surprised what that would do for overall costs of being competitive. And keep in mind, the idea is not to limit how much people can spend, it's to limit how much they gain from it. It's to lower the point of diminishing return.

If you don't want the spoiler in the air, delete the spoiler. The simplest solution is the best.

dirtcrazy4u
08-02-2023, 03:37 PM
KTML. You do realize that is today's sportsman, stock and probably other class names. They usually race pretty good, they build there own motors and run a 9" rear. Short, usually 3 or 4" spoilers across the back. A plastic nose that actually resembles a Monte Carlo or Camaro.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-02-2023, 05:11 PM
KTML. You do realize that is today's sportsman, stock and probably other class names. They usually race pretty good, they build there own motors and run a 9" rear. Short, usually 3 or 4" spoilers across the back. A plastic nose that actually resembles a Monte Carlo or Camaro.

Nose is a big part of that

fastford
08-02-2023, 05:11 PM
If you don't want the spoiler in the air, delete the spoiler. The simplest solution is the best.

dang it MBR , as I read down , I had planed to make your post nearly word for word , and then , there it was ....lol....

hardracer32
08-03-2023, 06:44 AM
i can never reply with quotes on here..... MasterSbilt_Racer to reply to you comment about the spoiler, i'm sure getting rid of spoilers would help but that's not the only thing providing downforce when cars are hiked up like they are. the whole car is turned into a giant spoiler, from the tip of the nose all the way to the end of the deck. that's why "hike" is such a problem. would removing the spoilers help? i'm sure it would but can you imagine how stupid these cars would look with no spoiler? they already look like they were built by a cross-eyed drunk the way the bodies are skewed and bent.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-03-2023, 06:50 AM
i can never reply with quotes on here..... MasterSbilt_Racer to reply to you comment about the spoiler, i'm sure getting rid of spoilers would help but that's not the only thing providing downforce when cars are hiked up like they are. the whole car is turned into a giant spoiler, from the tip of the nose all the way to the end of the deck. that's why "hike" is such a problem. would removing the spoilers help? i'm sure it would but can you imagine how stupid these cars would look with no spoiler? they already look like they were built by a cross-eyed drunk the way the bodies are skewed and bent.

The spoiler is the biggest piece of the rear downforce. They would look fine with no spoilers. You could leave the spoiler sides, if that makes you feel better. You remove the spoiler and go back to curved roofs, it's a whole new world. Even though the nose is problem #1. Modified have no droop rule and they have nowhere near the aero issue.

I have some pretty unique experience and perspective on this as I've updated antique stuff to be competitive. I've seen what's aero and what's suspension due to accidental experimentation. There's not many people who have run modern geometry under 08 bodies. Not many people who have intentionally raced with no spoilers.

You said you wanted to limit what big money could do? Big engines are big money. Hundreds of pounds of reduced rear downforce really caps how much power you need.

Racers outsmart silly rules we keep piling on. Tech men don't dq people. That's why we are where we are. Only physics can save us.

fastford
08-03-2023, 05:54 PM
The spoiler is the biggest piece of the rear downforce. They would look fine with no spoilers. You could leave the spoiler sides, if that makes you feel better. You remove the spoiler and go back to curved roofs, it's a whole new world. Even though the nose is problem #1. Modified have no droop rule and they have nowhere near the aero issue.

I have some pretty unique experience and perspective on this as I've updated antique stuff to be competitive. I've seen what's aero and what's suspension due to accidental experimentation. There's not many people who have run modern geometry under 08 bodies. Not many people who have intentionally raced with no spoilers.

You said you wanted to limit what big money could do? Big engines are big money. Hundreds of pounds of reduced rear downforce really caps how much power you need.

Racers outsmart silly rules we keep piling on. Tech men don't dq people. That's why we are where we are. Only physics can save us.

your right about limiting the big expensive engines , back in early 2000,s a big engine was only useful down here till late may or early june , after that when the track went slick , a 1/3 the cost spec engine could win races , all these modern improvements have allowed the use of the 900hp engine all season .

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-03-2023, 06:48 PM
your right about limiting the big expensive engines , back in early 2000,s a big engine was only useful down here till late may or early june , after that when the track went slick , a 1/3 the cost spec engine could win races , all these modern improvements have allowed the use of the 900hp engine all season .

I know all too well. We are running engines that used to win races but we are now 1 second off in qualifying. We are the fastest car on the track at the end, quite often, but that's only good for maybe a top 5, when you start so deep.

Highside Hustler25
08-03-2023, 07:31 PM
we are now 1 second off in qualifying. We are the fastest car on the track at the end, quite often, but that's only good for maybe a top 5, when you start so deep.

ooh,ooh👋🖐I know this one. Who is Tim McCreadie

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-03-2023, 08:26 PM
ooh,oohI know this one. Who is Tim McCreadie

McCreadie isn't running sub par engines