PDA

View Full Version : National 100/ HTF

4wide
08-10-2023, 10:39 AM
Hunt the Front sponsoring National 100 this year I think this is good move for that once prominent race.Moving all SLM action to Sunday so I guess teams at All tech can make it. 30,000 to win.

84wedge
08-10-2023, 11:40 AM
Smart move since I don't see how it could possibly get worse.

fastford
08-10-2023, 06:07 PM
the catch is , sponsoring not running , want be no difference .....

Henry Every
08-10-2023, 06:16 PM
Thick or thin, the National has always been a big deal for me going back to 1986 the first time I went, saw Purvis, Bloomer and many more greats in their prime. Up until the charlotte finals race scheduled on top of it. Use to I finished my season going to National 100 and then the Blue Gray 100 the following week(on the big track). I never minded the 72 hours of Phenix City, but I get why others did. I will say I never cared for the family shenanigans, but I enjoyed most everything else. Hope the HTF have a better experience than some others. We took Buck Simmons down in 99' or 00' in the Walter Newman car. Good times.

4wide
08-10-2023, 06:30 PM
Well I think HTF is actually running SLM portion of the show.

KTMLew
08-10-2023, 08:10 PM
Well I think HTF is actually running SLM portion of the show.

On their Patreon today said they found an issue with the car, that's been why they weren't running as great. Again...an assembly mistake from the Eldora wreck/to-the-jig deal. They need ONE GOOD mechanic. My guess is something was wrong in the 5th/6th coil area. They screwed that up on a Capital too & ran like crap for nearly 6 weeks.

They surely ain't rocket surgeons when i comes to basic mechanicing.

riddle28
08-11-2023, 06:13 AM
the catch is , sponsoring not running , want be no difference .....

officiating. not sponsoring

fastford
08-12-2023, 07:12 PM
Thick or thin, the National has always been a big deal for me going back to 1986 the first time I went, saw Purvis, Bloomer and many more greats in their prime. Up until the charlotte finals race scheduled on top of it. Use to I finished my season going to National 100 and then the Blue Gray 100 the following week(on the big track). I never minded the 72 hours of Phenix City, but I get why others did. I will say I never cared for the family shenanigans, but I enjoyed most everything else. Hope the HTF have a better experience than some others. We took Buck Simmons down in 99' or 00' in the Walter Newman car. Good times.

I was there , in 2000 I took the worst screwing by a race track ever , have not been back since , love the track , but the Thomas's can kiss my azzzzz .......

Henry Every
08-13-2023, 01:06 PM
On their Patreon today said they found an issue with the car, that's been why they weren't running as great. Again...an assembly mistake from the Eldora wreck/to-the-jig deal. They need ONE GOOD mechanic. My guess is something was wrong in the 5th/6th coil area. They screwed that up on a Capital too & ran like crap for nearly 6 weeks. They surely ain't rocket surgeons when i comes to basic mechanicing. I try to right off their missteps as just being young, I like them in so much as likable people, but I wouldn't want to race "with" them, like as part of the team. When I'm involved in racing, I'm serious about it, detail focused and screwing around just pi$$es me off. After the checkers if you wanna let loose, thats fine, but during the week, at the track, you need to be focused and intense about it. I also wasn't impressed with how the repairs at Longhorn were handled. IMHO, they need to cut the front clip off and redo it from the firewall. JMO.

fastford
08-14-2023, 07:49 PM
I try to right off their missteps as just being young, I like them in so much as likable people, but I wouldn't want to race "with" them, like as part of the team. When I'm involved in racing, I'm serious about it, detail focused and screwing around just pi$$es me off. After the checkers if you wanna let loose, thats fine, but during the week, at the track, you need to be focused and intense about it. I also wasn't impressed with how the repairs at Longhorn were handled. IMHO, they need to cut the front clip off and redo it from the firewall. JMO.

they must have got it straitened out pretty good , they ran 2nd at Talladega sat night in the iron man ....

t3r3e3
08-14-2023, 10:29 PM
Hunt the Front sponsoring National 100 this year I think this is good move for that once prominent race.Moving all SLM action to Sunday so I guess teams at All tech can make it. 30,000 to win.

Unless they can reduce the support classes from like 16 down to 2-3 it’ll continue to be a goat rope.

riddle28
08-15-2023, 06:14 AM
I try to right off their missteps as just being young, I like them in so much as likable people, but I wouldn't want to race "with" them, like as part of the team. When I'm involved in racing, I'm serious about it, detail focused and screwing around just pi$$es me off. After the checkers if you wanna let loose, thats fine, but during the week, at the track, you need to be focused and intense about it. I also wasn't impressed with how the repairs at Longhorn were handled. IMHO, they need to cut the front clip off and redo it from the firewall. JMO.

you wanna clip a car thats not bent?

KTMLew
08-15-2023, 09:25 AM
you wanna clip a car thats not bent?

I'd bet that after that wreck, put that chassis on the jig and cut RH frame rail next to 5th coil area and chassis would try to jump off the jig. I can't believe it isn't "bent" even if it "fit" the jig. If that impact didn't bend it, they can't be bent.

JMHO

But I'm not a metallurgical engineer. They using NICOL or "regular" chrome-moly now? I don't know. Been out of the flow of details for several years. Plus...erybody has a secret now.