PDA

View Full Version : north/south

wfodirt66
08-12-2023, 08:44 PM
my pick is mcdowell, he is really good at 100 lappers

Highside Hustler25
08-12-2023, 09:12 PM
I'll be hootin and hollerin for that Josh Rice feller.

Snake X3
08-12-2023, 09:14 PM
The banner on the left says 1, 49, 32. That looks about right to me. It'll be hard to beat Hud from the front row. Anyone but "B-Main" Tyler Erb will be fine with me, but I don't think that's a concern tonight, or any night.

kidrock
08-12-2023, 09:19 PM
I'll be hootin and hollerin for that Josh Rice feller.

Yes I would like to see him win it as well. They might just burn the place down lol.....

wfodirt66
08-12-2023, 09:44 PM
wow, rtj goes backwards in heat and b main

gorj
08-12-2023, 09:52 PM
Can Hudson close the deal and get the win ?

AllenK
08-12-2023, 10:06 PM
Bobby's pass for the lead was beautiful! That was sweet.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-12-2023, 10:26 PM
Bobby's pass for the lead was beautiful! That was sweet.

Ask Blackie he'll be on here voicing his displeasure after he geys his drunk on! Him and Litey are in basement drinking.

ftfiowa
08-12-2023, 10:47 PM
Pierce earned that win and was the fastest car. felt bad for t-macs late flat aftera good run up to 6th.

batesville is next weekend

wfodirt66
08-12-2023, 10:51 PM
according to thortons wife pierce wiped hm out

kidrock
08-12-2023, 11:01 PM
Not according to her husband. He said they never touched but, did Pierce push RTJ up the track sure he did. He's racing for 75,000 dollars. Pierce had the fastest car at the end of the race. Congrats to Pierce on the win.

Highside Hustler25
08-13-2023, 06:15 AM
Ferguson got what he deserved.
Landrum is a idiot.
Pierce drove Ricky the same way Ricky races others.
Good race.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
08-13-2023, 07:35 AM
How some of you praise his reckless conduct on the track, speaks volumes.

Snake X3
08-13-2023, 07:58 AM
Ferguson got what he deserved.
Landrum is a idiot.
Pierce drove Ricky the same way Ricky races others.
Good race.

Landrum is my new hero.

kidrock
08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
How some of you praise his reckless conduct on the track, speaks volumes.

Is all you do all day is whine about Pierce. I like both RTJ and Pierce and thought they both put on a great show for the fans coming from 13th and 23rd respectively. There at the end of that race Rickey slid Pierce and then Pierce returned the favor. Like Rickey said it was the cleanest dirty slider but, they never touched and he would put that in the memory bank. So at some point it sounds like to me Rickey will race him like that and return the favor and at that point are you going to come on here and say Rickey is a dirty driver. I know I'm sure not. I'm going to say Bobby deserves that pay back. Pierce definitely had the falsest car at the end of that race. It sounds like some have become so soft when it comes to racing anymore.

They're not racing for 1,500 anymore now it's 75,000 and they do it for a living so, you might have to ruffle a few feathers along the way. Just as long as you except it when come back around to bit you. Great race and thanks to Bobby RTJ and the rest for putting on great show last night.

pierceFAN
08-13-2023, 08:20 AM
Is all you do all day is whine about Pierce. I like both RTJ and Pierce and thought they both put on a great show for the fans coming from 13th and 23rd respectively. There at the end of that race Rickey slid Pierce and then Pierce returned the favor. Like Rickey said it was the cleanest dirty slider but, they never touched and he would put that in the memory bank. So at some point it sounds like to me Rickey will race him like that and return the favor and at that point are you going to come on here and say Rickey is a dirty driver. I know I'm sure not. I'm going to say Bobby deserves that pay back. Pierce definitely had the falsest car at the end of that race. It sounds like some have become so soft when it comes to racing anymore.

They're not racing for 1,500 anymore now it's 75,000 and they do it for a living so, you might have to ruffle a few feathers along the way. Just as long as you except it when come back around to bit you. Great race and thanks to Bobby RTJ and the rest for putting on great show last night.

Excellent perspective 💯

Barbecueboy
08-13-2023, 08:30 AM
Very entertaining…….some high level driving all through the field. Florence rocks

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
08-13-2023, 08:37 AM

Ruffeld feathers being the key words here. Lol...

Smh, It's just to dam easy.

Laughing........

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
08-13-2023, 08:41 AM
"Very entertaining…….some high level driving all through the field. Florence rocks"

^you darn skippy mate!

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
08-13-2023, 08:50 AM
Excellent perspective 

Whoa! An approval from russ! It's official kid, you're one of the bobby bunch elitist. L!!

t3r3e3
08-13-2023, 08:52 AM
Overall it was a great three day show. That said, the inverts were hot garbage. The track was way too fast for guys who had run well earlier in the weeks to make it through the invert, and it was just hold it to the firewall on the middle-bottom. The only heat worth watching was Heat 6. If Florence is going to continue using the invert they need to slow the track down come heat time. Otherwise it’ll encourage guys to sandbag the first couple days to get a front row starting spot.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
08-13-2023, 08:56 AM
batesville is next weekend

Yep, and I'm thinking paybacks for lil bobby? Should be good! Smile

1forthe$
08-13-2023, 08:57 AM
I've never been a fan of Bobby in the past, for many reasons involving the way he drove others (not dirty, just with very little respect for their equipment) and also because of the actions of his crew/family. However, I have always enjoyed the fact that he will put on a show and give you your moneys worth if he was out there. You can never count him out if there is a line up on the highside.

I was proud that something had seemed to click this year for him. I cant say I've watched every lap he has ran this year, but its been noticeable that he seems more patient, picks and chooses better of when to go, has learned to keep the rear deck on it, and not drive over others.
However I was let down by him last night. Even when he had the fastest car with plenty of time left, he chose to take that line and make that move. Yes, technically they didn't touch.. but IMO he flat out ran him to the wall with a line that would never be taken unless that was the actual intent. Squeezing someone low to take away the bottom or changing your line to take away theirs is one thing.. diving in and running them to the wall is another.

You haven't heard guys like Mcdowell, Owens, Bloomquist, EPJ, etc.. have to stand in victory lane and apologize for driving others 'kinda dirty'. I guess that's what separates the really good from the greats. I'm conflicted because while it gets old hearing NASCAR drivers complain and cry when others are even near them creating very boring racing.. but I def don't like moves like that one.
It is interesting to see how different a guy will drive one car vs. another though. I've said for years that for as great as JD is (and I'm kind of becoming a fan..) a lot of his 'wow' moments come due to others lifting, avoiding, and/ or choosing not to wreck. For instance his start last night in the heat race. Then as he drove through the field it was with little regard to those around him.. until he got to McDowell. He chose to slow down, get technical and race him very respectfully. I noticed several guys do that with McDowell actually. While he has earned that 'extra' respect, the point is he has earned it by racing EVERYONE that way.

I actually made a joke last night that I wonder if the 17m crew even brings body work tools with them to the track anymore.. or if they are just dusty on the shelf at home. I was told yes they do.. in case a crew guy scratches anything when unloading the car LOL.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
08-13-2023, 09:06 AM
I'm good with this poster ^^ but.... You're going to break a few hearts with all that truth about bobby's stupidity on the track last night, ya know it?

kidrock
08-13-2023, 09:07 AM

And if that happens he will deserve it. I will wait to see how he handles it when it does happen.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
08-13-2023, 09:10 AM
And if that happens he will deserve it. I will wait to see how he handles it when it does happen.

Oh, yea, ok. That's right. Sir Elite.

L some more.....

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-13-2023, 09:15 AM
t3r3e3,

The invert made for a lot of passing in the feature. It didn't stop 32 and 20rt from reaching the front. It definitely added to the fan experience.

kidrock
08-13-2023, 09:18 AM
I've never been a fan of Bobby in the past, for many reasons involving the way he drove others (not dirty, just with very little respect for their equipment) and also because of the actions of his crew/family. However, I have always enjoyed the fact that he will put on a show and give you your moneys worth if he was out there. You can never count him out if there is a line up on the highside.

I was proud that something had seemed to click this year for him. I cant say I've watched every lap he has ran this year, but its been noticeable that he seems more patient, picks and chooses better of when to go, has learned to keep the rear deck on it, and not drive over others.
However I was let down by him last night. Even when he had the fastest car with plenty of time left, he chose to take that line and make that move. Yes, technically they didn't touch.. but IMO he flat out ran him to the wall with a line that would never be taken unless that was the actual intent. Squeezing someone low to take away the bottom or changing your line to take away theirs is one thing.. diving in and running them to the wall is another.

You haven't heard guys like Mcdowell, Owens, Bloomquist, EPJ, etc.. have to stand in victory lane and apologize for driving others 'kinda dirty'. I guess that's what separates the really good from the greats. I'm conflicted because while it gets old hearing NASCAR drivers complain and cry when others are even near them creating very boring racing.. but I def don't like moves like that one.
It is interesting to see how different a guy will drive one car vs. another though. I've said for years that for as great as JD is (and I'm kind of becoming a fan..) a lot of his 'wow' moments come due to others lifting, avoiding, and/ or choosing not to wreck. For instance his start last night in the heat race. Then as he drove through the field it was with little regard to those around him.. until he got to McDowell. He chose to slow down, get technical and race him very respectfully. I noticed several guys do that with McDowell actually. While he has earned that 'extra' respect, the point is he has earned it by racing EVERYONE that way.

I actually made a joke last night that I wonder if the 17m crew even brings body work tools with them to the track anymore.. or if they are just dusty on the shelf at home. I was told yes they do.. in case a crew guy scratches anything when unloading the car LOL.

You make some good points but, the only thing I disagree with is that a driver can only squeeze someone off the bottom but, can run them up the track. Bobby ran him up the track to get the spot back. Was it dirty Bobby even said so but, it's racing for 75,000. Dale Earnhardt made a living doing that and as the same as Bobby he had fans that loved him and fans that hated him. It's racing. Had he wrecked RTJ and took him out then that would be totally different.

1forthe$
08-13-2023, 09:19 AM
I will also say that im probably more excited about The World 100 than I have been in many years. Im not expecting to spend hundreds of dollars just to see the JD show. It still may happen.. but its not just a foregone conclusion. Usually by this point in the year there is about 2 guys who are the clear cut favs.. but this year there are many who wouldnt surprise me. Rocket 1, 32, 20RT all on top right now. 49 looks good as of late, the B5 has been rolling decent lately, and did owens find something recently? 17m will be a threat until he stays at home and will the 76 be back to form?

Less than 4 weeks and we are gonna find out.

kidrock
08-13-2023, 09:19 AM
t3r3e3,

The invert made for a lot of passing in the feature. It didn't stop 32 and 20rt from reaching the front. It definitely added to the fan experience.

Agree 100%. Even Bobby was crying about the invert but, like you said it made for some great racing.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
08-13-2023, 09:29 AM
I will also say that im probably more excited about The World 100 than I have been in many years. Im not expecting to spend hundreds of dollars just to see the JD show. It still may happen.. but its not just a foregone conclusion. Usually by this point in the year there is about 2 guys who are the clear cut favs.. but this year there are many who wouldnt surprise me. Rocket 1, 32, 20RT all on top right now. 49 looks good as of late, the B5 has been rolling decent lately, and did owens find something recently? 17m will be a threat until he stays at home and will the 76 be back to form?

Less than 4 weeks and we are gonna find out.
Jimmy was on his "A" game for sure! Looked dam good! Hope he carries this on to the World Hundred....

IL LM Fan
08-13-2023, 09:30 AM

He has WoO at Davenport on the 24th listed as his next race on his schedule.

1forthe$
08-13-2023, 09:37 AM
Kidrock your right i guess i should clarify that when i say squeezing them to the bottom i don't mean running them to the infield, i meant more setting up for the corner early where they cant get underneath you. Protecting your inside would have been more what i meant, i suppose. The difference being that you already have the spot and are changing your entry to protect it... Rather than advancing by messing someone up. For instance I like when sliders are thrown where the opposing driver has an opportunity to turn back underneath and cross them over. I don't like the sliders where they basically park on the nose of the other car.

The fact that you bring up Dale Sr is interesting. I had that same thought last night that Dale Sr made a legend of himself driving 'kinda dirty' to win... and I was a huge fan. The only thing I can rationalize about it is that I guess in NASCAR it was the only excitement alot of the times, and the only way to pass most of it... i guess, idk.

But all these young guys have way to much talent and great equipment to have to race that way. If it was a terrible track.. or hell maybe even the last lap it maybe would have a different feel. It just felt cheap to me who wasnt particularly a fan of anyone at the front. I just thought it was gonna come down to one hell of a finish and he cheated himself mostly the chance of greater respect from fans like me.. and of a potentially legendary tale of a north/south weekend. Ill remember it as when Bobby drove RTJ 'kinda dirty' to get the win.. instead of when he drove to the front of the field, had a fierce battle with Hudson, held off many challenges, and had to drive back by RTJ for the win. I suspect im not the only one who will remember it that way. Theres a reason theres always threads about Bobby driving on here.. and none about all the other guys. (excluding ZERO, but thats mostly about time management and weight issues haha)

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
08-13-2023, 09:37 AM
He has WoO at Davenport on the 24th listed as his next race on his schedule.

don't say anything to ftf Iowa. Shhhh ....

kidrock
08-13-2023, 10:13 AM
Kidrock your right i guess i should clarify that when i say squeezing them to the bottom i don't mean running them to the infield, i meant more setting up for the corner early where they cant get underneath you. Protecting your inside would have been more what i meant, i suppose. The difference being that you already have the spot and are changing your entry to protect it... Rather than advancing by messing someone up. For instance I like when sliders are thrown where the opposing driver has an opportunity to turn back underneath and cross them over. I don't like the sliders where they basically park on the nose of the other car.

The fact that you bring up Dale Sr is interesting. I had that same thought last night that Dale Sr made a legend of himself driving 'kinda dirty' to win... and I was a huge fan. The only thing I can rationalize about it is that I guess in NASCAR it was the only excitement alot of the times, and the only way to pass most of it... i guess, idk.

But all these young guys have way to much talent and great equipment to have to race that way. If it was a terrible track.. or hell maybe even the last lap it maybe would have a different feel. It just felt cheap to me who wasnt particularly a fan of anyone at the front. I just thought it was gonna come down to one hell of a finish and he cheated himself mostly the chance of greater respect from fans like me.. and of a potentially legendary tale of a north/south weekend. Ill remember it as when Bobby drove RTJ 'kinda dirty' to get the win.. instead of when he drove to the front of the field, had a fierce battle with Hudson, held off many challenges, and had to drive back by RTJ for the win. I suspect im not the only one who will remember it that way. Theres a reason theres always threads about Bobby driving on here.. and none about all the other guys. (excluding ZERO, but thats mostly about time management and weight issues haha)

I respect your opinion and agree most are going to think the same way. I mean Bobby even admitted he dirty him up to get by him. I believe he had the fastest car and was going to get by him but, it was going to take another slider to get that done. I can only imagine that bobby thought he needed to get by him quickly or he wasn't going to get it done. Oh well it was a very entertaining race.

This is good for the sport. Earnhardt had a lot to do with Nascar exploding it's fan base and half the people hated him and half loved him. He would have loved the way Bobby goes out there and parks in P-1

Highside Hustler25
08-13-2023, 10:37 AM
Landrum is my new hero.

Lol, I bet he is. I had to chuckle a little at the looks of Turbot's car. That thing was beyond messed up. I was surprised that they let him continue.

Highside Hustler25
08-13-2023, 10:40 AM
Kid, that $1,500 \ / $75,000 analogy was exactly what I was a thinking.

1forthe$
08-13-2023, 10:42 AM
I knew Randall Edwards was a great crew chief, but man this week was a huge testament to just how good he is and how much of a factor he was with Best Performance. Garrett Smith looked really good..and how bad Terbo has been this year, especially last night, says ALOT.

Highside Hustler25
08-13-2023, 10:46 AM
^he was a coming till he got Landrumed💣💥💭

lurker
08-13-2023, 10:52 AM
Banging the cushion, and selling t-shirts. Little Bobby reminds me of Tmez.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
08-13-2023, 11:08 AM
Banging the cushion, and selling t-shirts. Little Bobby reminds me of Tmez.

Lol, no sht!
https://youtu.be/10halObWOQY

lurker
08-13-2023, 01:01 PM
Glad someone got it.

Snake X3
08-13-2023, 01:54 PM
Lol, I bet he is. I had to chuckle a little at the looks of Turbot's car. That thing was beyond messed up. I was surprised that they let him continue.

Yeah. That car was a real mess. Looked like 10lbs of manure went in a 5lb bag.

Knowing Erb and his ego, he probably thought he could do a Bloomquist and win on 3 tires.

Landrum started at the back on Friday with Eb, because...well, that's where Erb starts, and I wonder if Erb Erb'd him and that had something to do with it or Landrum just wasn't "there to make friends". Either way, Landrum is the man!

TS FAN
08-13-2023, 04:18 PM
Turbo made a mess by driving back into the 18. He did the same thing that Chase Elliot got set a race for when he did it to Hamlin. Turbo doesn't care because he had a guaranteed spot in the feature.

I am not a fan of his not that he would care. Har Har

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-14-2023, 08:27 AM

The cars race each other horrible with the aero and completing a pass isn't easy. You can't gain a few inches each lap. You have to take it all at once. That's why they race each other the way they do.

fastford
08-14-2023, 07:44 PM
JMO , best race I have seen all year , I knew my boy jimmy was using his stuff up to early but what do you do , and no matter what you think of BP , that was a h3ll of a run .....

zyoung25
08-14-2023, 08:08 PM
Tyler said when he got squeezed into the wall, it pulled the wheel out of his hands which is what made him turn left. I talked to him after they got the car put back together. They had a small army putting it back together after that happened. People can say what they want about him, but he does work on his own (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Regardless if he tears it up or not.

Landrum had (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) fast race car. How he thought he had terbo cleared there is beyond me. That was my view from the turn 2 infield.