PDA

View Full Version : McCreadie claws his way to fourth in points

84wedge
08-20-2023, 12:22 PM
And puts himself into the position of being able to take the title with a win at the final.

xray
08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
gonna be a meaningless title is RTJ doesn't win after the clinic he's put on this year.

but hey at least were as cool as nascar

84wedge
08-20-2023, 01:04 PM
It would be a shame if the guy with the most points, most wins, most money isn't champion.

Josh Bayko
08-20-2023, 01:13 PM
I bet that RTJ doesn’t win the title. Eldora heavily favors Davenport.

Also, T-Mac is only five points in front of Overton. It’s nowhere near a sure thing he’ll be in fourth when they get to Eldora.

84wedge
08-20-2023, 01:25 PM
McCreadie is just the king of consistency and slowly making his way through the crowd. I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to pull off the eldora win.

Highside Hustler25
08-20-2023, 03:16 PM
Moran,.........................

Snake X3
08-20-2023, 03:38 PM
gonna be a meaningless title is RTJ doesn't win after the clinic he's put on this year.

but hey at least were as cool as nascar

I agree. They really need an asterisk on the title this year. I completely understand how and why they did it this way, and if it means more money for the drivers and the series, it's hard to argue against that, but as you accurately pointed out, we don't need a NA$CRAP styled championship. It ruins the history of the series.

JD is my favorite driver, but if anyone other than RTJ wins the title, it's a travesty.

KTMLew
08-20-2023, 04:27 PM
Moran,.........................

No reason to be throwing around insults like...OH wait?

Moran...nevermind.

Josh Bayko
08-20-2023, 06:24 PM
McCreadie is just the king of consistency and slowly making his way through the crowd. I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to pull off the eldora win.

He was fourth most of the year and only slipped back to fifth like two weeks ago. He isn’t clawing his way back in. He’s hanging around in tier 2 like he has all year.

Highside Hustler25
08-20-2023, 07:34 PM
No reason to be throwing around insults like...OH wait?

Moran...nevermind.

He's heating up at just the right time. Look out.

Pennsboro32
08-20-2023, 07:46 PM
I said that earlier, if RTJ doesn’t win the title, Lucas oil should be embarrassed. He’s completely dominated. It’s looking like this will happen too, because we all know how good JD is at Eldora.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-20-2023, 10:47 PM
Yea I agree. Hasn't had that great of a yr. Has struggled alot. I'm not so sure I see him back for paylor next yr. #93 has run and finished not to bad.

ImCryn2
08-22-2023, 05:59 PM
Well, it was one of Ricky's sponsors that wanted this chase type format. Wonder how they'll feel if Ricky doesn't win after leading by a mile most the year.

Raceready
08-22-2023, 07:04 PM
What if Hudy Oneal comes on comes on strong now and dominates the playoff gimmick ?

Snake X3
08-22-2023, 07:35 PM
What if Hudy Oneal comes on comes on strong now and dominates the playoff gimmick ?

I don't think it matters unless he is within striking distance of RTJ prior to the DTWC. We all know who the real champion should be, it's just a shame that it won't go down in the record books as such if he doesn't win the DTWC.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-23-2023, 05:33 AM
Penn,

Lucas should already be embarrassed.

84wedge
08-23-2023, 12:35 PM
What if Hudy Oneal comes on comes on strong now and dominates the playoff gimmick ?The odds of him winning a 100 lap race at eldora are pretty long. He doesn't seem to be able to go the distance without a show stopping mistake. That being said, the Rocket house car has done it once before so his chances aren't zero.

Pennsboro32
08-23-2023, 01:24 PM
The odds of him winning a 100 lap race at eldora are pretty long. He doesn't seem to be able to go the distance without a show stopping mistake. That being said, the Rocket house car has done it once before so his chances aren't zero.

Once again, he's 22.

84wedge
08-23-2023, 01:42 PM
Once again, he's 22.How old was Pierce when he won the World 100?

Pennsboro32
08-23-2023, 02:18 PM
How old was Pierce when he won the World 100?

Your comment had nothing to do with Pierce. You said his chances were slim. If Vegas were setting odds for the World 100, he would undoubtedly have top 5-7 odds to win the race. If you don't think Hudson is going to improve then this argument is pointless.

84wedge
08-23-2023, 05:08 PM
Your comment had nothing to do with Pierce. You said his chances were slim. If Vegas were setting odds for the World 100, he would undoubtedly have top 5-7 odds to win the race. If you don't think Hudson is going to improve then this argument is pointless.You brought up age as the reason for his issues and I pointed out someone younger than him won the race. Of course he will improve, very few drivers don't.

Andrews42FAN
08-23-2023, 05:57 PM
Yea I agree. Hasn't had that great of a yr. Has struggled alot. I'm not so sure I see him back for paylor next yr. #93 has run and finished not to bad.

They have already announced TMAC will remain with Paylor and run Longhorns. The affiliation with the house car program is merely ending. By TMAC standards he has had an off year, but is still in a position to win it all. He's won Lucas 2 consecutive years but by all means he should be kicked to the curb in favor of a kid that is a blossoming talent but not a TMAC and never will be.

hausman
08-23-2023, 06:15 PM
I think the format is healthy. RTJ has made a ton of money this year - knew EXACTLY what the format was going in - and is in position to win it. If he doesn't win the finale - I bet he's still a very happy camper.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-23-2023, 07:03 PM
You brought up age as the reason for his issues and I pointed out someone younger than him won the race. Of course he will improve, very few drivers don't.

A younger guy won when tire rule changes happened to suit him and he was allowed to run illegal suspension. Big deal. Young guys don't usually win at Eldora in 100 lappers.

84wedge
08-24-2023, 10:54 AM
A younger guy won when tire rule changes happened to suit him and he was allowed to run illegal suspension. Big deal. Young guys don't usually win at Eldora in 100 lappers.What's this suspension you speak of?

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-24-2023, 11:03 AM
What's this suspension you speak of?

It was after the Rumley rules were implemented and there were way too many moving parts.

84wedge
08-24-2023, 12:35 PM
It was after the Rumley rules were implemented and there were way too many moving parts.He had the same thing the 6 car was running? What exactly did that device do anyway? I've heard it mentioned a bunch but no real explanation as to how it worked.

Buford.Justice
08-24-2023, 03:11 PM
It was after the Rumley rules were implemented and there were way too many moving parts.

I heard that TMAC was running with an unknown advantage that year.

He seemed to have unreal speed coming out of the turns at B-town.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-24-2023, 03:34 PM
He had the same thing the 6 car was running? What exactly did that device do anyway? I've heard it mentioned a bunch but no real explanation as to how it worked.

What the 32 had was NOT what the 6 had. There are 2 different versions of the 6 device. I don't think any national team ever correctly copied either one.

The device made may corrections to inherent flaws in the way we use the 4 link suspension. It fixed real issues that most people don't even know exist.

84wedge
08-25-2023, 03:10 PM
Overton had a pretty good night last night and is back in 4th.

84wedge
08-25-2023, 03:11 PM
What the 32 had was NOT what the 6 had. There are 2 different versions of the 6 device. I don't think any national team ever correctly copied either one.The device made may corrections to inherent flaws in the way we use the 4 link suspension. It fixed real issues that most people don't even know exist.Thanks for the info