PDA

View Full Version : HtF Rome McDowell caution deal

GrocMax
09-03-2023, 07:55 PM
Was anybody there and listening to the raceiver? That was weird. Then on the last lap the Karma Police took out Winger's RR, Dale wins.

MRM
09-04-2023, 11:46 AM
I was there, but was in the infield and didn't know what was going on at the time. In talking to people after the race and listening to Dale in his interview and talking to his crew, he said someone came over the raceiver and said caution. He slowed, then Winger and Mitchell passed them and they threw the yellow. HTF said they never came over the radio. They gave him 3rd spot, but he was pretty hot. One of the stranger things I've seen at the track in quite a while.

84wedge
09-04-2023, 12:06 PM
Hard to believe the Kardashians of late model racing don't know what they're doing.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-04-2023, 12:31 PM
Hard to believe the Kardashians of late model racing don't know what they're doing.

They need a fella like you aboard to show them maybe? Lol

Highside Hustler25
09-04-2023, 12:35 PM
The blend rule is a officials way of saying someone
fkd up but we're not gonna admit it.

GrocMax
09-04-2023, 12:57 PM
HH25- Sorta my take on it, but the RTJ deal a few weeks back when he was leading, ign box failed coming out of 4 with the flagman watching, then switched over to the 2nd box (I thought it might have popped out of gear) was a decent example of why they have implemented a 'blend rule'. Totally understand why they threw the caution, but he didn't stop.

ImCryn2
09-04-2023, 03:42 PM
HH25- Sorta my take on it, but the RTJ deal a few weeks back when he was leading, ign box failed coming out of 4 with the flagman watching, then switched over to the 2nd box (I thought it might have popped out of gear) was a decent example of why they have implemented a 'blend rule'. Totally understand why they threw the caution, but he didn't stop.

If the caution was thrown for RTJ he goes to the tail, if not thrown for him he gets his spot back. There's no need for the blend rule, it was only used because the officials were too quick with the yellow flag.

GrocMax
09-04-2023, 04:01 PM
It was for RTJ, but I understand why they threw it quick- had 4-5 cars on his arse and was trying to get to the infield in front of them, got the box switched over and continued. Most series are paying more attention to driver safety issues these days. Rules have changed a bit over the years, series dependent. I remember about 10 years ago USMTS TP got sent to the back while leading because he punted a backmarker who wouldn't hold his line or move off the groove after getting the blue/yellow shook in his face about 5 times, track wasn't one lane rubber just dry wide and racy, the dipdunk just either didn't care or was messing with him, all over the track blocking the leader, but USMTS has always had a 'no judgement calls' policy, lots of other series allow judgement calls and this is an example.

Finnfan25
09-05-2023, 09:16 AM
I watched the race replay and it's difficult to impossible to really tell what happened in the heat of the moment, but two things stick out to me... 1-Not a SINGLE other car on the entire track slowed thinking there was a caution, only the 17M so that's gotta mean something. 2-If a situation occurred that makes one of the cleanest, well spoken DLM drivers of all time to curse in an interview, there's definitely something to his side of the story... I'm in the ambiguous column on this one.

riddle28
09-05-2023, 09:29 AM
I watched the race replay and it's difficult to impossible to really tell what happened in the heat of the moment, but two things stick out to me... 1-Not a SINGLE other car on the entire track slowed thinking there was a caution, only the 17M so that's gotta mean something. 2-If a situation occurred that makes one of the cleanest, well spoken DLM drivers of all time to curse in an interview, there's definitely something to his side of the story... I'm in the ambiguous column on this one.

mightve been embarassed he made a mistake. im with you nobody slowed down until the yellow came out for him

jog49
09-05-2023, 09:36 AM

I agree. If McDowell said it happened, it happened. How it could have happened, I don't know unless the officials screwed up or the raceiver system was hacked. Both are possible.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-05-2023, 09:55 AM
It's possible and not hard to dial in on a certain frequency and transmit a week signal on a multi-band radio. Using very low wattage and waiting for the targeted receiver to be nearest to you, can only be heard by that closest receiver.

84wedge
09-05-2023, 10:47 AM
I agree. If McDowell said it happened, it happened. How it could have happened, I don't know unless the officials screwed up or the raceiver system was hacked. Both are possible.HTF guy admitted he clicked the raceceiver when a car was out of shape in front of the leader, but didn't say he said caution as per DoD. I just looked for this story again on DoD and can't find it, but I read it yesterday. EDIT: Found it. Under dispatches, after a story about Joiner winning a non dirt race not in a late model.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-05-2023, 12:16 PM
What HOF guy did the clicking?

weatherman85
09-05-2023, 02:09 PM
What HOF guy did the clicking?

I think he meant HTF guy.

84wedge
09-05-2023, 02:56 PM
It makes sense considering McDowell would have seen the out of shape lapped car in front of him and hearing the raceceiver. The adult thing to do would have been for him to get his spot back after explaining his case if the person in charge of the raceceiver was man enough to admit he effed up, which he obviously wasn't at the time.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-05-2023, 03:53 PM
I think he meant HTF guy.

Oh, ok . I'm thinking maybe Bloomers was there with a mic in his hand.

kidrock
09-05-2023, 04:59 PM
Oh, ok . I'm thinking maybe Bloomers was there with a mic in his hand.

I'm thinking you are bloomer because it's something you would do lol lmao.............................................. .

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-05-2023, 06:28 PM
^I would, not to Dale however.

riddle28
09-06-2023, 06:11 AM
It makes sense considering McDowell would have seen the out of shape lapped car in front of him and hearing the raceceiver. The adult thing to do would have been for him to get his spot back after explaining his case if the person in charge of the raceceiver was man enough to admit he effed up, which he obviously wasn't at the time.

if nobody else heard caution and let out til dale slowed down, why does he get a pass and should keep his spot. lucky for him the series had a blend rule and he didnt go to the tale. Had it been winger leading and he brings the caution out, i doubt most of the folks would be saying the same thing

logan_gibson
09-06-2023, 10:11 AM
HTF guy admitted he clicked the raceceiver when a car was out of shape in front of the leader, but didn't say he said caution as per DoD. I just looked for this story again on DoD and can't find it, but I read it yesterday. EDIT: Found it. Under dispatches, after a story about Joiner winning a non dirt race not in a late model.Just to clarify, if you read the story, the car (01 car) slowed in the middle of T1-2. McDowell stayed in the gas for a full lap, passing both the front and back Stretch lights as well as the Flagstand which were green. When the previous caution was called, he slowed within about 2-3 car lengths after it was called. The caution wasn't called until McDowell was exiting 2 slow, You can see the lights and flagman react to the caution call over the radio on the replay. We tried to show that angle on the broadcast, but didn't show the other 3 angles because we were going green. From the replay on the website, you can see the lights, and where he is in relation to the other drivers - who are all still in the gas.The 400-500 mhz spectrum around Rome is crowded, which is the range that most tracks run their racecievers on. There is a tower on a mountain transmitting on 451, 453, and 462, less than 8 miles away There was interference with the wireless mic off and on during the night, as well as the production radio frequency. With there being no tone on the raceceivers, its possible they pick up interference easily. There are some improvements that could be made this area that would help out drivers and tracks.

84wedge
09-06-2023, 12:06 PM
2015 join date and 1 post of excuses. You must work for HTF. Just admit a mistake was made and move on.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-06-2023, 01:18 PM
2015 join date and 1 post of excuses. You must work for HTF. Just admit a mistake was made and move on.

HTF has moved on. You on the other hand... Lol

logan_gibson
09-06-2023, 02:41 PM
2015 join date and 1 post of excuses. You must work for HTF. Just admit a mistake was made and move on.I normally have nothing to contribute to other threads, so there is no need to post useless responses. Sometimes its nice to just sit back and read. I didn't say it wasn't a mistake, I just tried to give some more information to the situation than what the DOD article that was quoted provided. I never made any claim who was right or wrong. There will be various opinions on the issue, no one is going to accept the same story.

Henry Every
09-06-2023, 02:49 PM
Now I remember why I left 4m, trolls. You can spot them by the sheer volume of posts to their credit. My guess is they are shut-ins of some sort and no one comes by to see them, so they lash out at folks on the web to try and provoke a response, like an neglected child who acts out for attention. As to why Dale gets the benefit of the doubt over a Winger, that's simple, credibility and character for 42 years, the other can be fast but lacks self control in tense situations. Had Winger been the one leading and checked up, he most likely would've done 3 donuts on the front shoot, his dad would've grabbed the flagman and drug him off the flagstand and chaos would've ensued. Dale on the other hand took it in stride and went back to work.

brainbucket
09-10-2023, 03:15 PM

Do you realize the track’s race director and the series’s race director use the same frequency for raceciever. Huge opportunity for a mistake to be made accidentally. Also, several other drivers did confirm that they heard something at the same time Dale did.
But from you earlier comments you have predetermined where the issue was.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-10-2023, 03:30 PM
Wedgie is the "issue". Laugh