PDA

View Full Version : 2 7/8 Big Bearing Hubs

7uptruckracer
09-08-2023, 09:10 AM
Ran into a rear hub (Winters, Bert, Bicknell) Style Wide 5, that doesn't use the traditional bearings. its the same size inner and outer and i need it for tonight. I can get the Low Drag, REM style all day from suppliers, but their has to be a Timken crossover? I doubt they are getting these custom made from suppliers. It seems to be pretty guarded. Anyone know a National or Timken number for the bearing and race for the 2 7/8 style hubs?

billetbirdcage
09-08-2023, 02:42 PM
Ran into a rear hub (Winters, Bert, Bicknell) Style Wide 5, that doesn't use the traditional bearings. its the same size inner and outer and i need it for tonight. I can get the Low Drag, REM style all day from suppliers, but their has to be a Timken crossover? I doubt they are getting these custom made from suppliers. It seems to be pretty guarded. Anyone know a National or Timken number for the bearing and race for the 2 7/8 style hubs?

There is no crossover (or wasn't years ago) as those bearing are custom made and they are all import bearings. Being import bearings they aren't the free'st bearings ever and have a fair amount of drag to them (FYI)

7uptruckracer
09-09-2023, 09:02 AM
That was the conclusion I was coming to before I posted but this confirms it. I just didn't think they would go the custom route but that explains the cost. Most of the stuff is repurposed from OEM. I guess the drag issue is why you see all them offered in REM treatment to counter that. Thanks for the info!

There is no crossover (or wasn't years ago) as those bearing are custom made and they are all import bearings. Being import bearings they aren't the free'st bearings ever and have a fair amount of drag to them (FYI)