PDA

View Full Version : Jackson 100 Gambling

BritanGodsey
09-20-2023, 10:10 PM

Pennsboro32
09-21-2023, 07:58 AM
Pretty sure that's illegal, and secondly those odds are terrible.

mskdorf
09-21-2023, 12:11 PM
I would have liked to see this before it was edited to nothing. Was he going to book it?

Pennsboro32
09-21-2023, 01:26 PM
I would have liked to see this before it was edited to nothing. Was he going to book it?

He was taking money. You have to have a license to be a bookmaker, even then there's several other things one would have to jump through.

But the odds were terrible, wasn't one bet on there I would have taken considering the odds posted.

BritanGodsey
09-22-2023, 11:16 AM
It was for another guy and he asked me to share it but go on king almighty. No different than pools or anything else. Having fun is illegal on this board.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-22-2023, 12:24 PM
Pretty sure that's illegal, and secondly those odds are terrible.

If you say so, king almighty.

Pennsboro32
09-22-2023, 01:03 PM
Oh look, people are hurt because I said something was illegal. Why do you think there’s no where to bet dirt racing at the moment, it’s totally different than pools. Lol

Sure if you want to do it with your buddies in private, thats one thing. Putting it on a message board for who knows who to see. You’re asking for it.

If you want people on your a$$, post it again, idc. But who in their right mind is going to send some goof on the internet, money? Also tell your friend, those odds were crap.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-22-2023, 01:36 PM
This is the same dude who jumped on the free tickets to the dream a while back. I'm getting a sneaky suspicion he's using 4M for a supplemental income. L!

HoosierDirtFan
09-22-2023, 10:15 PM
Pennsboro32

Oh look, people are hurt because I said something was illegal. Why do you think there’s no where to bet dirt racing at the moment, it’s totally different than pools. Lol

Sure if you want to do it with your buddies in private, thats one thing. Putting it on a message board for who knows who to see. You’re asking for it.

If you want people on your a$$, post it again, idc. But who in their right mind is going to send some goof on the internet, money? Also tell your friend, those odds were crap.

That goof actually races at Brownstown in a super late model and has family in the National Dirt Late Model Hall Of Fame. He was likely just asking a question. Oddly enough he sent me a message asking me if I could delete the post.

Pennsboro32
09-23-2023, 05:59 AM
^Congrats.

It’s obvious you didn’t see the post. I was warning the OP, go on and do what you want. IDC.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-23-2023, 08:12 AM
"That goof actually races at Brownstown in a super late model and has family in the National Dirt Late Model Hall Of Fame."

He must be kinfolk to the proprietor of this here fine racin car website?

Raceready
09-23-2023, 08:44 AM
"That goof actually races at Brownstown in a super late model and has family in the National Dirt Late Model Hall Of Fame."He must be kinfolk to the proprietor of this here fine racin car website?Hows about it, Does somebody want to lay 10 to 1 odds on it? ?

Buford.Justice
09-25-2023, 04:48 PM
Meanwhile the entire Jackson 100 weekend came and went without ANY comments about the races?

TowerView
09-25-2023, 05:02 PM
Meanwhile the entire Jackson 100 weekend came and went without ANY comments about the races?

The C.J. Rayburn Memorial and the Jackson 100 were both excellent races.

Dirt Clod
09-25-2023, 05:57 PM
All I know is James Essex poured his heart and soul into this past weekend. I'm sure he spent countless hours of his own personal time promoting the C.J. Rayburn Memorial Race. He even got the purse raised by getting fans to sponsor a lap, and those that were selected received a cool shirt in honor of James. Crowd was huge on Fri night considering Brownstown was playing 10 miles away in a high school football game. WELL DONE JAMES!

klemmabyna
09-25-2023, 07:19 PM

sure looked great on flo. was worried about track conditions but things were racey when they should be. loved the marlar emotions. not sure how many know the cj back story. and rtj just keeps rolling on. let the accusations begin.

hope the house was packed. announcing was pretty good too!!!

Barbecueboy
09-25-2023, 09:31 PM
Wouldn’t it be great if we were all able to have as much fun at our jobs as Mike Marlar? He is as real as it gets, is excellent at what he does and has some of the best outlook on life as anybody I’ve seen in racing. Or hell, life in general.

Dirt Clod
09-25-2023, 10:01 PM
Right on about Mike Marlar. He seems as genuine as they come. Always has that same good mood look. I talked to him earlier this year at Kokomo about his health and wellness commitment. I told him it looked like he had dropped 40 - 50 pounds a few years ago and he admitted to changing his lifestyle to lose weight and exercise more to get in better driving condition. Think he was excited that someone else noticed his weight loss. Great guy.

Mantis
09-26-2023, 06:47 AM

My thoughts exactly, constant b*tching around here about subpar racing and we get two great shows and............*crickets*

We had a great time as always James.....thanks to you, Brownstown, Lucas and all others involved.

Finnfan25
09-26-2023, 08:47 AM
Marlar is one of the nicest guys in the pits and a fierce competitor that drives clean, reminds me of a younger Dale McDowell. I watched him come from the back of the field and win the race at the Ponderosa WoO race a few weeks ago and it's easy to tell he's a crowd favorite. Of course it would be easier for anyone to be in a good mood if they got to go home to a wife as pretty as his IMO. Prettiest wife in all of DLM, just sayin'...

84wedge
09-26-2023, 10:35 AM
The best moment of the weekend was watching EPJ pass JD.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-26-2023, 01:11 PM

Gotta laugh at this. Does he think he's erased something here? Lol

TowerView
09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
The best moment of the weekend was watching EPJ pass JD.

Obviously you didn't watch either night.

84wedge
09-26-2023, 08:59 PM
Obviously you didn't watch either night.I don't miss a Lucas Oil race if I can help it, and EPJ passing Davenport made me laugh out loud.