PDA

View Full Version : With the DTWC at Eldora what will car counts be?

latemodelman
09-21-2023, 04:47 PM
Will this years DTWC be higher than the World 100 in Car counts? I heard they expect 100 Super Lates and around 100 Steel Blocks and over 110 mods and 50 stocks for it.

Pennsboro32
09-21-2023, 04:54 PM
You need to change your user name to carcountman.

Highside Hustler25
09-21-2023, 05:14 PM
😂....,...................................

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-21-2023, 06:06 PM
100 steel blocks is far fetched. I'd be surprised at half that.

zyoung25
09-21-2023, 09:21 PM
100 steel blocks is far fetched. I'd be surprised at half that.

I doubt there are 100 steel blocks in OH/KY/WV combined.

Carcountman might be the best thing I've seen on here in awhile 🤣

Drop Shock
09-21-2023, 11:33 PM
Been hearing a lot of crate guys are gonna go since Eldora hasn’t raced crates in about 15 years.

dirtcrazy4u
09-22-2023, 05:47 AM
Blah, blah, blah. WHO CARES. The complaining will surely be. Pick one

The track was terrible
They still haven't run the supers and it's 1 am
There reworking the track
Why are they timing all these cars

Add if you'd like to.

This deal is like every other track out there, let's have a fall race and invite as many classes as possible, someone needs to add ....? I say a wet tee shirt contest, heck that time of year in ohio, nobody will care about any of the above.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-22-2023, 07:40 AM
I doubt there are 100 steel blocks in OH/KY/WV combined.

Carcountman might be the best thing I've seen on here in awhile 藍

There are. But most have no business at Eldora.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-22-2023, 07:41 AM
Drop Shock,

Crates? Milbee will be in lapped traffic halfway thru the heat race.

Pennsboro32
09-22-2023, 08:30 AM
49 wins DTWC
1GRS steel blocks
44 mod winner

Dirt Clod
09-22-2023, 08:46 AM
Latemodelman,

Can you do a roll call for all these cars "I heard they expect"? 🤔

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-22-2023, 09:15 AM
"The track was terrible
They still haven't run the supers and it's 1 am
There reworking the track
Why are they timing all these cars"

JD gives up another win to someone in a rocket.

Raceready
09-22-2023, 11:06 AM
"The track was terribleThey still haven't run the supers and it's 1 amThere reworking the trackWhy are they timing all these cars"JD gives up another win to someone in a rocket.Just keep dreaming on that ! !

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-22-2023, 11:12 AM
^ Lol, you are definitely slipping. Not quite awake yet there racer ready guy? Lolsm

Raceready
09-22-2023, 11:37 AM
^ Lol, you are definitely slipping. Not quite awake yet there racer ready guy? LolsmI must have been in the deep REM sleep or having a nightmare because somehow I got the idea that something other than a horn might win ? ?

Josh Bayko
09-22-2023, 12:01 PM
50-80 in each class.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-22-2023, 12:04 PM
I must have been in the deep REM sleep or having a nightmare because somehow I got the idea that something other than a horn might win ? ?

Just making light of the win jd was supposed to have gave away. Now, I can't keep coming here, explaining to you, every little thing, all day long! Smile

Drop Shock
09-22-2023, 02:34 PM
Drop Shock,

Crates? Milbee will be in lapped traffic halfway thru the heat race.

I don’t disagree, but it might be a way for guys that have absolutely no chance of ever racing at Eldora to turn laps there

Buford.Justice
09-22-2023, 04:06 PM
That I'm sure will be the reason for a slew of them to show up and get to drive and race on this famous speedway. It's the dream of many.

klemmabyna
09-22-2023, 04:35 PM
how many did bristol get for crates. They were fun to watch. if you like seeing laps under caution.

to be honest i am glad the teams get a chance to race at eldora. just wishing several of those that believe they are the next coming of bloomquist wouldn't tear up anything except their own stuff.

foxfire2dirtracing
09-22-2023, 06:40 PM
^^post 20^^
Speaking g of Bristol: no dirt on it next year-2024.

Henry Every
09-24-2023, 10:40 AM
I have to say I'm not in favor of this event collaboration. Eldora is Eldora, they have the Dream and they have the World. The DTWC started out at Pennsboro, which was a different beast entirely, I understand that the track is gone for all intensive purposes and the race lived on, which is cool. But I feel like it cheapens both to bring them together. With the demise of Pennsboro having the DTWC move around was kinda cool, an actual "Outlaw" race with no home, it made it more unique. Having "another" race at Eldora just seems like one drink too many. Variety is the spice of life they say, but these days variety, creativity and individuality is looked at as weird, I guess its the push to move us closer to a communistic way of thinking. I mean I don't do my wife in the same position everytime, or even the same room for that matter. Bringing the DTWC to Eldora is like Missionary on the left side of the bed at 9pm on friday every single time. Sure it feels good, but dang havent we been here before? JMO

zyoung25
09-24-2023, 12:16 PM
I have to say I'm not in favor of this event collaboration. Eldora is Eldora, they have the Dream and they have the World. The DTWC started out at Pennsboro, which was a different beast entirely, I understand that the track is gone for all intensive purposes and the race lived on, which is cool. But I feel like it cheapens both to bring them together. With the demise of Pennsboro having the DTWC move around was kinda cool, an actual "Outlaw" race with no home, it made it more unique. Having "another" race at Eldora just seems like one drink too many. Variety is the spice of life they say, but these days variety, creativity and individuality is looked at as weird, I guess its the push to move us closer to a communistic way of thinking. I mean I don't do my wife in the same position everytime, or even the same room for that matter. Bringing the DTWC to Eldora is like Missionary on the left side of the bed at 9pm on friday every single time. Sure it feels good, but dang havent we been here before? JMO

I've heard for the last couple years that Tony is trying to get the DLMHoF moved to eldora. Which honestly, I don't think would be a bad idea. Knoxville has the sprint car HoF, and the late model HoF continues to outgrow the building it's in year after year. He has offered to build the building and all was the rumor. The auction and donations are not going to pay for the building they want to build anytime soon. Drivers have figured out they can turn a profit on selling body panels for themselves.

I'm not a fan of the dtwc being there, for reasons states above. I wish they would give atomic another chance. For the people that haven't been there, its different to say the least.

Dlmfan123
09-24-2023, 02:13 PM
I haven’t been to atomic in a while, but from what I see online it’s either rubbered or rough this year

Pennsboro32
09-24-2023, 02:46 PM

Lmao, you’re right.

It’s going to be interesting the first year at Eldora. I’m not sure what to expect when I get there but I do believe the world and dream are enough.

There’s not many tracks capable of holding the DTWC if you want the racing to be good too.

options I guess are

Lernerville, Port Royal, Atomic.

latemodelman
09-24-2023, 03:26 PM
From what I am being told by people who work at Eldora that this crowd is more than what Pennsboro had and it will be a win win and it has 2 times the cars wanting to show than what they had at Portsmouth. Thus if they get 15,000 people and around 260 cars for the weekend its a win. But what I was told Eldora is expecting around 350 to 400 cars to come in.

Pennsboro32
09-24-2023, 03:30 PM
You’ve heard it boys. Carcountman says 400 cars…

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-24-2023, 04:13 PM
25 cars who have any chance to get in the top 5 and 375 others. Makes sense.

latemodelman
09-24-2023, 05:00 PM
Never said 400 was told by guys that work at Eldora that they have had talks with the DTWC Race Promoter and he said they have alot of calls and are expecting 100 Super Lates 90 to 100 Steel Blocks 110 to 130 modifieds and around 50 stock cars.

raburke23
09-25-2023, 04:00 PM
250 total car count tops.
50 SLM
50 Crates
100 Mods
50 Stocks