PDA

View Full Version : lost balls in east tn

crownman25
09-22-2023, 09:12 AM
missing sets of balls in the east tn region!

jog49
09-22-2023, 09:23 AM
That post makes sense to only you.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-22-2023, 09:56 AM
^ If you had a set, you might understand? Grin

crownman25
09-22-2023, 09:57 AM
cancelled high profile races for no apparent reason.

foxfire2dirtracing
09-22-2023, 10:04 AM
I am assuming he is referring to the McCarter family at 411 after canceling the Flo/Castrol race?
They said they didn’t have time to prepare for a big event -yet they are racing tomorrow (Saturday) night??

Oiler
09-22-2023, 10:35 AM
^^ They are? They don't have anything listed on their web schedule and DoD has the Red Clay race as cancelled. ??

BloomerHarvickFan
09-22-2023, 10:38 AM
Their announcement sounded like something you'd say BEFORE you schedule a race. I mean did they not know they had business things to do, or that their farm would be busy this time of year? They didn't say, 'we've had some unexpected things happen' or 'we've had an emergency'....just we're busy, sorry.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-22-2023, 11:27 AM
So many lame excuses to use by promoters.

Raceready
09-22-2023, 11:33 AM
missing sets of balls in the east tn region!This is a racing forum, Nothing to do with the game of golf . . .

crownman25
09-22-2023, 12:19 PM
YEAH ..LOL Ive lost a few on the golf course....

foxfire2dirtracing
09-22-2023, 12:34 PM
Oiler

What i am seeing on their website schedule is their weekly racing program- but I could be wrong?
My friend was talking about 411, Smoky Mountain and Tennessee 🏈 all at the same time.
Not sure if 411 is racing or not??
Agree with above post: McCarters have been “iffy” of late. I am sure Rigsby will remember this cancellation when he’s doing the 2025 schedule for Flo/Castrol Series.

crownman25
09-22-2023, 01:28 PM
wasnt a woo canceled in east tn?

MEE
09-22-2023, 01:36 PM
they r racing 9-23 paying 1K for sportsman

Oiler
09-22-2023, 04:09 PM
DOH!! Out of habit I immediately went to the Bulls Gap schedule when I saw “East Tennessee race cancelled”, completely forgetting it was the farmers at 411. That’ll teach me to wait until noon for drinkin’ 🥴

3 wide
09-22-2023, 05:25 PM
How things have changed I can remember when there was enough race cars in east tennessee to have a good race now all the tracks are under worked most are hard to pass on the quality of cars is nowhere close to what it use to be so they wonder why the crowd is down

Highside Hustler25
09-22-2023, 05:42 PM
From the thread title, I was afraid someone got castrated by some backwoods cult follower in the hills of Tennessee.
Glad to see all is well.

foxfire2dirtracing
09-22-2023, 06:35 PM
Maybe the McCarters need to try and hire some help instead of trying to do it all. The aliens in Mooresburg might need some work?

Oiler
09-22-2023, 06:40 PM
^^ We drove by the shop the day before Labor Day and aliens weren’t around…probably fishin’ 🎣

golddirt
09-22-2023, 06:57 PM
Or looking for his balls!🤣

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
09-23-2023, 08:28 AM
Or looking for his balls!藍

Maybe you should lend the guy a hand in findin'em?

Just kidding! Lol. I wouldn't want you to take a swing at me or anything over this. Grin

DirtTrackin52
09-23-2023, 09:19 AM
Lets not bash Mitch. He's got a proven track record as a top promoter. He has plenty of big races, provides great racing, and doesn't hold people hostage at the track all night. He's tried harder than anyone to keep weekly racing alive. Free grandstands, $25 armbands, specials for every class. I will say that I was pretty shocked to see this event cancelled though.

If we're going to waste bandwidth on this stupid thread, let's at least get some good gossip going:

Maybe the timing of it is simply coincidental but it's a little interesting that it came a couple days after XR rescheduled thier Workin Man race at Bull Gap to the night before 411.

Hypothetical: In a world where every customer is more important to the success of an event than ever...If I were in his shoes and someone tried to leech off my event, undoubtedly taking a chunk of paying customers away, I might just say screw it.

Buford.Justice
09-23-2023, 01:56 PM
Was the Hurricane after his decision? Maybe the weather gave him a financial scare. Raining to the east of the track right now. Maybe a hundred miles away or so.

Henry Every
09-24-2023, 10:48 AM
Lets not bash Mitch. He's got a proven track record as a top promoter. He has plenty of big races, provides great racing, and doesn't hold people hostage at the track all night. He's tried harder than anyone to keep weekly racing alive. Free grandstands, $25 armbands, specials for every class. I will say that I was pretty shocked to see this event cancelled though. If we're going to waste bandwidth on this stupid thread, let's at least get some good gossip going: Maybe the timing of it is simply coincidental but it's a little interesting that it came a couple days after XR rescheduled thier Workin Man race at Bull Gap to the night before 411. Hypothetical: In a world where every customer is more important to the success of an event than ever...If I were in his shoes and someone tried to leech off my event, undoubtedly taking a chunk of paying customers away, I might just say screw it. If this is accurate it sounds logical and understandable. People are stretched thin so dumping two big shows in the same area back to back would be risky and add in the hurricane iffyness mentioned and I get it. Hopefully next year things will be better, if the economy can pull off a soft landing...(fingers crossed)

MRM
09-25-2023, 08:57 AM
The race in question is the Flo/Castrol race on Oct. 10. I don't know where people are getting the idea this may have had something to do with a hurricane.