PDA

View Full Version : Robert Holman

BTExpress
10-11-2023, 02:16 PM
I just listened to the latest eposode of The Dirt Reporters podcast and they announced that Robert has been let go from Dirt on Dirt. Very disappointed to hear this news. He was by far the best one on the podcasts and I have enjoyed his writing over the years. Wish him the best and hope he can stay involved in Dirt Late Model racing.

ImCryn2
10-11-2023, 02:30 PM
I just listened to the latest eposode of The Dirt Reporters podcast and they announced that Robert has been let go from Dirt on Dirt. Very disappointed to hear this news. He was by far the best one on the podcasts and I have enjoyed his writing over the years. Wish him the best and hope he can stay involved in Dirt Late Model racing.

I never listened to the podcasts, but I wasn't a fan of his articles.

Pennsboro32
10-11-2023, 02:34 PM
Never listened to the podcast but some of his thoughts on fast talk were out there, or simply incorrect.

84wedge
10-11-2023, 02:50 PM
That last blog made no sense. I agreed 100% with what he had to say about the current LOLM points championship thing though.

MEE
10-11-2023, 03:05 PM
I guess because he didn't agree with the points system in place ???I think if they were gonna let one go it would be Kyle Mcfadden. I can listen to that guy for10 minutes and can't tell what he said after he's done.

klemmabyna
10-11-2023, 03:39 PM
listened to the podcast this morning and was disappointed to hear that. might be my age but i found myself agreeing with him most of the time.

will probably never know the details but the timing seemed odd to me.

Dlmfan123
10-11-2023, 05:00 PM
listened to the podcast this morning and was disappointed to hear that. might be my age but i found myself agreeing with him most of the time.will probably never know the details but the timing seemed odd to me.Flo let go of a lot of people.

Spanky44
10-11-2023, 07:20 PM
Ever since Rigsby sold DoD it has gone down hill big time. He is Mr. corporate America now and is chasing the money and stabbing everyone who helped him get to where he is now. He wont even return a email now a days.

84wedge
10-11-2023, 07:54 PM
Waiting for Essex to pop his head in and tell everyone they're wrong without elaborating on it.

ftfiowa
10-11-2023, 07:58 PM
good luck holman

MIdlmfan
10-11-2023, 08:02 PM
I listen to the podcast every week obviously Kevin Kovac is top shelf but I can’t believe Robert Holman is gone and Derek Kessinger and Kyle McFadden are both still there, neither of them bring anything to the table

zyoung25
10-11-2023, 08:13 PM
I always liked his takes on things. He was the only that could explain certain things about the cars because he was hands on with a car from time to time.

Dlmfan123
10-11-2023, 09:28 PM
Couldn’t agree on the kessinger part Midirtfan, but Kyle does a great job writing stories. Derek just does a couple interviews with the same few guys every year.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-12-2023, 05:42 AM
I always liked his takes on things. He was the only that could explain certain things about the cars because he was hands on with a car from time to time.

He had some hands on experience and was in it to have a good time, while being a budget racer. There is no room for those guys anymore.

riddle28
10-12-2023, 06:02 AM
DoD has gone down significantly since they sold, dirt reporters is a hard listen most times especially since joiner left as host

Highside Hustler25
10-12-2023, 06:15 AM
Waiting for Essex to pop his head in and tell everyone they're wrong without elaborating on it.

Well, he has forgotten more than you'll ever know so he's got that goin for himself.

smooth32
10-12-2023, 08:44 AM
Ever since Rigsby sold DoD it has gone down hill big time. He is Mr. corporate America now and is chasing the money and stabbing everyone who helped him get to where he is now. He wont even return a email now a days.none of my emails get returned either

ImCryn2
10-12-2023, 09:41 AM
I guess because he didn't agree with the points system in place ???

He wasn't alone in not agreeing with the format. When I read their thoughts, I was surprised at how many were not a fan of it.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
10-12-2023, 12:45 PM
none of my emails get returned either

I cannot for the life of me understand why he wouldn't... L!

oldasdirt
10-12-2023, 01:10 PM
Ironically, Robert has been really getting on my nerves lately. He was referring way too much about his own racing with his stepbrother. I've been to the track when his stepbrother is racing and have never seen him race competitively. I think that's why he was campaigning for a better payoff throughout the field. Listening to Kyle McFadden is like scratching my fingernails on a chalkboard. Yea, No....Yea, No...Yea, no. I do think he rights great articles, but not so much on a podcast. And Derrick better thank his lucky stars that he has known the right individual at the right time. He won't always be there for him. Kevin Kovac is the goat in our sport. Give as much of him that I can get!

MIdlmfan
10-12-2023, 09:34 PM
Ironically, Robert has been really getting on my nerves lately. He was referring way too much about his own racing with his stepbrother. I've been to the track when his stepbrother is racing and have never seen him race competitively. I think that's why he was campaigning for a better payoff throughout the field. Listening to Kyle McFadden is like scratching my fingernails on a chalkboard. Yea, No....Yea, No...Yea, no. I do think he rights great articles, but not so much on a podcast. And Derrick better thank his lucky stars that he has known the right individual at the right time. He won't always be there for him. Kevin Kovac is the goat in our sport. Give as much of him that I can get!I pretty much agree with you 100% but I will say in Roberts defense he was often making his point about different topics from his first perspective at a grassroots level as except for a very few number of high dollar dlm teams many are at the end of the day grass roots they just race in a different class … Derek is just lucky he is Michaels buddy Joshua Joiner was so much better

purvis
10-14-2023, 09:39 AM
FloRacing & Dirt on Dirt rule book is clear on these situations.

Section 12-1 of the rule book states:
“FloRacing & DoD membership is a privilege. With that privilege comes certain benefits, responsibilities and obligations. Correct and proper conduct, both on and off the race track, is part of a Member's responsibilities.

12-1 (A.) Actions detrimental to Dirt Late Model racing; 12-4J (any determination by Flo/DoD officials that an opinion expressed does not conform with Flo/DoD's best interest or Michael Rigsby's opinion is subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination )

84wedge
10-14-2023, 12:01 PM
He wasn't alone in not agreeing with the format. When I read their thoughts, I was surprised at how many were not a fan of it. Was it a jury like vote or a good old 6 yes and 5 no is a yes?

ImCryn2
10-14-2023, 12:50 PM
Was it a jury like vote or a good old 6 yes and 5 no is a yes?

I mean, you could just read it yourself