PDA

View Full Version : weather DTWC

MEE
10-15-2023, 07:39 PM
Not looking the best as of now for Friday.If it gets rained out Friday I hope they get it all in Saturday and not have to run it Sunday.I know one thing for sure,I'll be wearing my long johns and a bogon.

Pennsboro32
10-15-2023, 08:15 PM
Wouldn’t be the DTWC without it being cold and damp.

noitall93w
10-16-2023, 11:46 AM
This whole weekend will be a mess

Buford.Justice
10-19-2023, 03:31 PM
The rain might end by 4:00 or 5:00 Friday. So racing might be possible tomorrow night. Unless it is determined the track might be too fast. :rolleyes:

Can they still have a huge crowd, is the question.

Racing tonight Thursday is postponed.

Dlmfan123
10-19-2023, 04:14 PM
The rain might end by 4:00 or 5:00 Friday. So racing might be possible tomorrow night. Unless it is determined the track might be too fast. :rolleyes:Can they still have a huge crowd, is the question.Racing tonight Thursday is postponed.You would probably be the first one complaining about it being 1 lane follow the leader too

Buford.Justice
10-20-2023, 09:53 AM
That could happen, but I highly doubt it. That's what you already have. Let's try having a track that they can run anywhere on, not a one lane skating rink.

Anyway may it be a great weekend for all. This is a great place for the fans and drivers, kind of the ultimate place that everyone looks forward to every year.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-20-2023, 10:22 AM
I like a multi-lane skating rink.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
10-20-2023, 10:27 AM
I like a multi-lane skating rink.

Not too fond of eldora then, I'm guessing?

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-20-2023, 11:40 AM
Not too fond of eldora then, I'm guessing?

It's not what it's made out to be. It can be ok.

MEE
10-20-2023, 12:34 PM
I'm not regretting coming home last night one little bit. I hope every body there enjoys them self and the weather holds off, but I'll be watching on big screen.

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
10-20-2023, 06:52 PM
It's not what it's made out to be. It can be ok.

It definitely can be, what it's made out to be. But but it isn't...

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-21-2023, 07:44 PM
That could happen, but I highly doubt it. That's what you already have. Let's try having a track that they can run anywhere on, not a one lane skating rink.

Anyway may it be a great weekend for all. This is a great place for the fans and drivers, kind of the ultimate place that everyone looks forward to every year.

Are you not entertained? Too fast to race.

KTMLew
10-21-2023, 08:15 PM

Mainly too rutted up to race. Hard to pack mush. Bet it won't be much better tomorrow. Sometimes takes days to get the water to leech out. Gonna be too cold tomorrow to gain much. But maybe they can scrape off top foot or so like they did couple years ago? LOL!

Buford.Justice
10-21-2023, 09:04 PM

It just doesn't sound right to call the track too fast. I wouldn't want to be the one saying that.

You want suspensions that work on any track, I thought you said.

These don't, the drivers and crews want that track to suit their radical setups don't act too well when then get too much bite, and they rear up so bad, it's no wonder they flip and dig in on a cushion that isn't rolled in after each race. You got a nose piece that's might be okay on blacktop but digging in on a track that isn't smooth as blacktop and just as hard.

And just where do they skate all over the track? Eldora sometimes but where else.

I don't like racing like they had at Bluegrass where the leader can't even pass the tail car.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-21-2023, 09:07 PM
It just doesn't sound right to call the track too fast. I wouldn't want to be the one saying that.

You want suspensions that work on any track, I thought you said.

These don't, the drivers and crews want that track to suit their radical setups don't act too well when then get too much bite, and they rear up so bad, it's no wonder they flip and dig in on a cushion that isn't rolled in after each race. You got a nose piece that's might be okay on blacktop but digging in on a track that isn't smooth as blacktop and just as hard.

And just where do they skate all over the track? Eldora sometimes but where else.

I don't like racing like they had at Bluegrass where the leader can't even pass the tail car.

Florence, sometimes Eldora, Skyline, plenty more where you skate all over.

zyoung25
10-21-2023, 10:20 PM
Florence, sometimes Eldora, Skyline, plenty more where you skate all over.

Sharon is a good one. Pittsburgh also raced well.

noitall93w
10-21-2023, 10:46 PM
Port royal is the best half mile in the country

jog49
10-22-2023, 01:36 AM
Blame the weather if you wish but that track was pure garbage!

bleedblue55
10-22-2023, 06:08 AM
Port royal is the best half mile in the country

Say it again

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-22-2023, 06:25 AM
Blame the weather if you wish but that track was pure garbage!

I'm not sure what else you expected? Can you imagine how boring and uneventful it would be if it were the Lucas oil off-road trucks on it? Could you imagine the 1986 world 100 being postponed on the same track conditions? Tracks didn't just start getting fast and rough in the last 10 years.

Pennsboro32
10-22-2023, 06:33 AM
Say it again

Ok. Port Royal may be the best track in the entire country.

Driver50x
10-22-2023, 07:09 AM
Those nose pieces and front bumpers are a big part of the problem. I wish Lucas Oil would just mandate a reasonable minimum nose height. Maybe 20 inches or so, or whatever it takes to keep them from hitting the ground and getting bent back on a rough track. And mandate that the nose has to be level, plus or minus one inch. That would also reduce the aero dependency, and give us better racing in my opinion.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-22-2023, 07:44 AM
Those nose pieces and front bumpers are a big part of the problem. I wish Lucas Oil would just mandate a reasonable minimum nose height. Maybe 20 inches or so, or whatever it takes to keep them from hitting the ground and getting bent back on a rough track. And mandate that the nose has to be level, plus or minus one inch. That would also reduce the aero dependency, and give us better racing in my opinion.

You could mandate 35", and they would be on the ground again, within a year or so, as long as the rest of the car was still an aero machine.

Driver50x
10-22-2023, 08:20 AM
Then get rid of all the aero crap. I don’t understand why they have let it continue this long.

ride height
10-22-2023, 10:01 AM
MRGA …eliminate these ridiculous bodies / noses. If you take the air off the cars, I think everyone will find that the racing will be so much better and give everyone at least a snowballs chance of winning. Which will lead to less people giving up all together. Until I saw a drone view of the cars I never realized they look like they’ve slid sideways into a phone pole on the right side. They’re shaped like a boomerang. Totally ridiculous. People want to see passing, a villain, a good guy and an underdog win once in awhile. Bring that back and I assure you the stands will be full.

lokwaidid
10-22-2023, 11:46 AM
what ride height said. i have nothing again any driver, but i'm always wishing a little bad luck on davenpot, thornton, pierce, or o'neal. then winning as many races as they do has not made racing better. any other class of cars put on a better show than the late models. the ridiculous amount of money that is put into these cars is what has destroyed racing.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-22-2023, 02:27 PM
Gonna be rough and slick today, until it rubbers

KTMLew
10-22-2023, 02:51 PM
Gonna be rough and slick today, until it rubbers

Reason they don't put grader on the track between hot laps and heats. Then again maybe 1/2 way thru heats? Can they NOT knock the high spots down? Not filling the ruts, just cutting surface down a little. Need to make best of a bad situation.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-22-2023, 02:54 PM
Reason they don't put grader on the track between hot laps and heats. Then again maybe 1/2 way thru heats? Can they NOT knock the high spots down? Not filling the ruts, just cutting surface down a little. Need to make best of a bad situation.

They could, but I don't think they will do much.

lurker
10-22-2023, 02:54 PM
I wondered the same thing about grading.

lurker
10-22-2023, 03:01 PM
T-Mac’s comments were interesting.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-22-2023, 03:06 PM
Which part of it?

Snake X3
10-22-2023, 03:13 PM
Surprisingly competitive run by Johnny Huck. I know it's not much, but a 5th in his heat and he was beating Boom Briggs even before Boom had the flat. I'm not a fan or anything, but he did good for himself.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-22-2023, 03:18 PM
Surprisingly competitive run by Johnny Huck. I know it's not much, but a 5th in his heat and he was beating Boom Briggs even before Boom had the flat. I'm not a fan or anything, but he did good for himself.

Wasn't exactly a stacked heat, but he surprised me too.

lurker
10-22-2023, 03:18 PM
Which part of it?

Taking a bucket truck to the track.

KTMLew
10-22-2023, 03:31 PM

Said same thing I did except disagreed with using grader. I meant use grader with blade straight and then move dirt from corners off straights & maybe into the trout ponds inside straights? Did I over explain that enough?

But some people hate everything McCreadie says.

KTMLew
10-22-2023, 03:35 PM
Ruh-roh. Red flag for simple looking spin. Ambulance headed that way. Something happened. Did he get hit in head or did something spear him?

Typical of Flo. Not a word of explanation. Just go to commercial then come back to that stupid music.

KTMLew
10-22-2023, 03:39 PM
OK. Mud clod to the face. He's talking and going to get checked out.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-22-2023, 03:51 PM
Said same thing I did except disagreed with using grader. I meant use grader with blade straight and then move dirt from corners off straights & maybe into the trout ponds inside straights? Did I over explain that enough?

But some people hate everything McCreadie says.

Grader could be used. You just can't cut all the sealed track off.

Dlmfan123
10-22-2023, 04:57 PM
Ruh-roh. Red flag for simple looking spin. Ambulance headed that way. Something happened. Did he get hit in head or did something spear him?Typical of Flo. Not a word of explanation. Just go to commercial then come back to that stupid music.You’re a moron. They can’t tell you something if they don’t know anything

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-22-2023, 05:01 PM
What did t-mac say. I missed it

Snake X3
10-22-2023, 05:46 PM
Ruh-roh. Red flag for simple looking spin. Ambulance headed that way. Something happened. Did he get hit in head or did something spear him?

Typical of Flo. Not a word of explanation. Just go to commercial then come back to that stupid music.

He got hit in the face with a mud clot..supposedly.

Poor ol' GR Smith ran out of talent again. Tough break.

KTMLew
10-22-2023, 06:07 PM
He got hit in the face with a mud clot..supposedly.

Poor ol' GR Smith ran out of talent again. Tough break.

My guess is ole GR tightened up the crotch strap with that lick. Didn't want to try to get out. Be surprised if they don't tear more (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) up in the feature. Think they might call it over way short of 100?

If they were gonna work the track, should have done it 3 hours ago when I suggested. Gave them some time to pack it back in. But i don't know anything about prepping a track. Just running my idiot mouth.

lurker
10-22-2023, 06:48 PM
What did t-mac say. I missed it

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-22-2023, 07:26 PM

Ok thanks. I'm not watching but I see highlights where track is rough. Not good for his back injury yrs ago

KTMLew
10-22-2023, 07:29 PM
Rocket1 came in for RF tire and they added fuel? RF didn't appear to be down or soft. Wonder if having fuel supply issue?

KTMLew
10-22-2023, 07:32 PM
I believe you could call these guys very aggressive. Holy (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).

KTMLew
10-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Not sure more than 10 cars will finish.

KTMLew
10-22-2023, 07:37 PM
Shepard is absolutely flying. Rumley has a new device?

Josh Bayko
10-22-2023, 07:42 PM

Huck generally has speed, he just needs more consistent seat time to more consistent. He only races a handful of times a year.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-22-2023, 07:43 PM
Shepard is absolutely flying. Rumley has a new device?

No room in rules for a device. Maybe some different geometry. Probably just a driver used to elbows up.

KTMLew
10-22-2023, 07:52 PM
(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ing Pierce. He stopped on track on purpose. Just to screw Rocket1.

KTMLew
10-22-2023, 07:54 PM
No room in rules for a device. Maybe some different geometry. Probably just a driver used to elbows up.

Was a joke.

KTMLew
10-22-2023, 07:57 PM
I was hoping Moran & Rocket1 would take each other out with 10 to go and Thornton win Championship. Man that was amazing finish. Appears Rocket1 is champ.

Highside Hustler25
10-22-2023, 08:24 PM
(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ing Pierce. He stopped on track on purpose. Just to screw Rocket1.

No, he ran out of gas on purpose.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-22-2023, 08:36 PM
I was hoping Moran & Rocket1 would take each other out with 10 to go and Thornton win Championship. Man that was amazing finish. Appears Rocket1 is champ.

This would have been great

Raceready
10-22-2023, 10:32 PM
This would have been greatYou are true blue on that post^ ! !