PDA

View Full Version : More Austin Kirkpatrick

KTMLew
10-18-2023, 05:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f2U5YiabjY&t=307

Let's see if this works?

Burke1118
10-18-2023, 06:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f2U5YiabjY&t=307Let's see if this works?Been saying, for years, those spring smashers were over priced for what they are…… didn’t know you get build it quite that economically though, Really high-level video editing compared to the normal dirt racing stuff out there 👍🏼

KTMLew
10-18-2023, 07:18 PM
He's a rare breed. A nerd engineer with a fantastic sense of humor. Looks like he's 20.

Jking24
10-18-2023, 08:04 PM
He's a rare breed. A nerd engineer with a fantastic sense of humor. Looks like he's 20.he's actually not a engineer. Just a guy who's not afraid to figure (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) out. And has time lots and lots of time lol

billetbirdcage
10-18-2023, 09:21 PM
So how many noticed the "All of the smash numbers for my straight axle car" link at 13:19?

Burke1118
10-19-2023, 12:42 PM
So how many noticed the "All of the smash numbers for my straight axle car" link at 13:19?Guilty…. I clicked on it twice LOL

JustAddDirt
10-19-2023, 01:28 PM
So how many noticed the "All of the smash numbers for my straight axle car" link at 13:19?

Yes, I did, got a chuckle out of that!!!

KTMLew
10-19-2023, 02:36 PM

Should be a Rick Roll.

KTMLew
10-19-2023, 02:38 PM
he's actually not a engineer. Just a guy who's not afraid to figure (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) out. And has time lots and lots of time lol

???????? Woulda sworn he is an engineer? OK. That make me even more depressed.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-19-2023, 02:49 PM
???????? Woulda sworn he is an engineer? OK. That make me even more depressed.

Pretty sure he started out in engineering and switched to business, during college.

Lizardracing
10-25-2023, 10:56 AM
Who gives a rodents rectum about "engineering". I have a number of family that can fabricate literally anything in the back yard and some never even finished school. I also work with degree'd engineers that are good at computers but can't build nothing without a million dollar axis machine. This "word" get tossed around way too much.

My 8 foot brake cost me $75 and my motorized tire prep stand cost me 42 dollars. My roller as pedal cost me $30, my.....I have tons of stuff I made from scratch. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near my whole car. I say this guy gets it.....What racing used to be before everyone had to buy everything from a book in the late 90''s.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-25-2023, 12:17 PM
Who gives a rodents rectum about "engineering". I have a number of family that can fabricate literally anything in the back yard and some never even finished school. I also work with degree'd engineers that are good at computers but can't build nothing without a million dollar axis machine. This "word" get tossed around way too much.

My 8 foot brake cost me $75 and my motorized tire prep stand cost me 42 dollars. My roller as pedal cost me $30, my.....I have tons of stuff I made from scratch. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near my whole car. I say this guy gets it.....What racing used to be before everyone had to buy everything from a book in the late 90''s.

In a perfect world, an engineer would design it and a fabricator would build it.

The term definitely gets thrown around way too much in our sport. Some guy who wasted a semester in engineering college and likes race cars is a "race engineer" that is ruining the sport.

An engineer should have a decent grasp of physics and thermodynamics. He's usually looking at the simply way to achieve some sort of function. Thanks to endless rules in motorsports, that skill set is not a perfect fit. There is a need for some creativity that isn't really necessary to be a productive engineer at a heavy equipment manufacturing facility.