PDA

View Full Version : A champion that was a lap down

84wedge
10-22-2023, 08:03 PM
and a second place that didn't deserve a podium. Cograts Lucas Oil, your NASCAR rules have ruined your credibility.

Josh Bayko
10-22-2023, 08:05 PM
Stay mad, you pathetic manbaby.

Mams
10-22-2023, 08:09 PM
Only suggestion I make is to add the roller derby championship on a track encircling a wrestling ring with a 20 man Royal Rumble just inside the finish line.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-22-2023, 08:12 PM
It's full nascar. They didn't have credibility to lose.

stock car driver
10-22-2023, 08:14 PM
I watched it, first Lucas race for me this year. Figured there would be some drama, was hoping they would all run out of gas and Rt would get it even 8 laps down..

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-22-2023, 08:16 PM
I guess it's time to add a fuel stop at all the Eldora shows since these guys are bringing over 500 cubes in their wedge cars.

xray
10-22-2023, 08:17 PM
anyone that added fuel should be dq'd a wild race was marred by stupid rules. lucky dog, gas n gos, tire changes, reset the points

Driver50x
10-22-2023, 08:17 PM
The race was actually pretty darn good. But like NASCAR, they have made a joke of the championship. Might as well flip a coin to see who wins it.

84wedge
10-22-2023, 08:21 PM
Only suggestion I make is to add the roller derby championship on a track encircling a wrestling ring with a 20 man Royal Rumble just inside the finish line.Don't give them any ideas.

84wedge
10-22-2023, 08:22 PM
Stay mad, you pathetic manbaby.Nice argument. Are there any grades past 8 in the trailer park you grew up in?

davis2902
10-22-2023, 08:23 PM
Let's just plow up the track before the feature at the WoO Worlds Finals, don't pack it in and call it race of the year.

84wedge
10-22-2023, 08:24 PM
It's full nascar. They didn't have credibility to lose.I suppose. Having a guy standing ahead of the guy he was 1000 points behind isn't gonna change that.

Pennsboro32
I didn’t agree with the format for the points chase but I knew you’d be the first one to cry about Hudson winning. Lmao

84wedge
Let's just plow up the track before the feature at the WoO Worlds Finals, don't pack it in and call it race of the year.How many cars even finished tonight?

84wedge
10-22-2023, 08:25 PM
I suppose. Having a guy standing ahead of the guy he was 1000 points behind isn't gonna change that.I have more of a problem with Moran being second.

smith19
10-22-2023, 08:27 PM
championship won by lucky dog really sucks. we don't need this rule!

ImCryn2
10-22-2023, 08:29 PM
I have more of a problem with Moran being second.

and then says that anybody who doesn't like the championship format needs to find another sport to watch.

Of course he likes it, he finished at least 2 spot higher than he should have!!!

84wedge
10-22-2023, 08:29 PM
championship won by lucky dog really sucks. we don't need this rule!Amen my man, Amen.

84wedge
10-22-2023, 08:30 PM
and then says that anybody who doesn't like the championship format needs to find another sport to watch. Of course he likes it, he finished at least 2 spot higher than he should have!!!It's the only reason he said that.

MasterSbilt_Racer
Next year, when they have the inevitable fuel stop added, they can do a pit crew competition to decide how they restart the race. That would be fun.

Big Daddy 37
and a second place that didn't deserve a podium. Cograts Lucas Oil, your NASCAR rules have ruined your credibility.

Your opinion paid the winner how much??

Highside Hustler25
anyone that added fuel should be dq'd a wild race was marred by stupid rules. lucky dog, gas n gos, tire changes, reset the points

Considering there is a weight requirement, I was wondering what the rules stated about adding fuel.

84wedge
10-22-2023, 08:31 PM
I watched it, first Lucas race for me this year. Figured there would be some drama, was hoping they would all run out of gas and Rt would get it even 8 laps down..I was hoping for a miracle too, but I think RTJ even ran out of gas.

ImCryn2
10-22-2023, 08:32 PM
championship won by lucky dog really sucks. we don't need this rule!

Unless I missed something, he was only a lap down to Sheppard. If I'm wrong and Moran lapped him then there may be an argument, but they've all benefited from it over the last 7-8 years.

84wedge
10-22-2023, 08:35 PM
Your opinion paid the winner how much??Just as much as yours

84wedge
10-22-2023, 08:36 PM
Unless I missed something, he was only a lap down to Sheppard. If I'm wrong and Moran lapped him then there may be an argument, but they've all benefited from it over the last 7-8 years.Doesn't getting lapped by the leader put you down a lap to everyone else though?

Barbecueboy
10-22-2023, 08:45 PM
If you haven’t read rtj post the other day about having 35 new pics with his younguns playing in confetti from this year , you should…….sums it up great and speaks volumes about the dude that said it.

ImCryn2
10-22-2023, 08:46 PM
Doesn't getting lapped by the leader put you down a lap to everyone else though?

Yes, but isn't that just as stupid as any other rule? Thus is part of the reason for the lucky dog, without it he restarts the race on the next yellow behind only those that lapped him.

ImCryn2
10-22-2023, 08:48 PM
What I got from his post is, he doesn't like it but he signed up for it and isn't going to cry about not winning the championship. I give him a ton of credit for looking at the positives, but what do you expect him to say when one of his sponsors footed the bill for the championship format change?

MADCAPRACING22
10-22-2023, 08:49 PM
2 of the best prepared cars finished 1 and 2. The drivers did their job on a slabbed up mess of a track. B-Shep had them covered!! I could care less about the Lucas angle. If they are smart they will scrap that format. Ricky Thornton gets the respect no matter what! Hudson gets the awkward………..championship? 10 4. Fix it Lucas. It sucks.

bleedblue55
10-22-2023, 08:50 PM
Lot of chapped azzes here tonight. HaHaHaHaHa

ImCryn2
10-22-2023, 08:53 PM
Correct! and it makes me puke to hear them say they feel bad for Ricky. How can they say they feel bad when they created a format specifically to bone the guy who wins all year?? Devin should be thrilled, he struggled a good part of the year and gets rewarded with 2nd in points and $150,000

84wedge
10-22-2023, 08:53 PM
what do you expect him to say when one of his sponsors footed the bill for the championship format change?There's not much he can say in public. I'm sure when that trailer door is closed and it's just him and his team there are some different words being spoken. Most of these guys are turning into NHL interviews where they don't really say much at all anyway. I guess it's a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed if you do or (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed if you don't thing since everyone likes to rip McCreadie for having an opinion.

84wedge
10-22-2023, 08:54 PM
Besides all this, Sheppards car looked like nothing else out there tonight and could run a line nobody else could.

ImCryn2
10-22-2023, 08:55 PM
Lot of chapped azzes here tonight. HaHaHaHaHa

Haha, not here. If the guy who deserved to win didn't, I wanted Hudson to win

ImCryn2
10-22-2023, 08:57 PM
There's not much he can say in public. I'm sure when that trailer door is closed and it's just him and his team there are some different words being spoken. Most of these guys are turning into NHL interviews where they don't really say much at all anyway. I guess it's a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed if you do or (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed if you don't thing since everyone likes to rip McCreadie for having an opinion.

I think Ricky's post was genuine, I just think he had to stop short of what he really wanted to say to avoid any backlash. I give him a ton of respect for being positive regardless.

TBSprintFan
10-22-2023, 08:57 PM
Stay mad, you pathetic manbaby.

Exactly, they all new what the deal was when they signed up for it at the beginning of the year.

84wedge
10-22-2023, 08:59 PM
Next year, when they have the inevitable fuel stop added, they can do a pit crew competition to decide how they restart the race. That would be fun.AS long as there's a feats of strength section like Festivus.

84wedge
10-22-2023, 09:00 PM
I think Ricky's post was genuine, I just think he had to stop short of what he really wanted to say to avoid any backlash. I give him a ton of respect for being positive regardless.I loved watching his kids wreak havoc in victory lane this year.

slmcrewchief99
10-22-2023, 10:00 PM
Congrats to BShep on your 5th DTWC. Big congrats to Hud for making the most of the opportunity. For the naysayers, I have a tube of butt hurt cream for ya. .

wfodirt66
10-22-2023, 10:36 PM
if the top 4 had been within 50 points of each other, everyone would love it

Raceready
10-22-2023, 10:38 PM
and a second place that didn't deserve a podium. Cograts Lucas Oil, your NASCAR rules have ruined your credibility.That is a crying shame the carnival stunt that they pulled with this format. Rickey Thorton and his fans got cornwholed for sure with this sideshow ! !

Bradley
10-23-2023, 12:02 AM
LMFAO...... Poor Ricky Boo Focking Hoo, They all knew the format before the year started and ran Lucas anyway. As far as the lucky dog, the gas and go, it's all the same rules that guys have benefited from all year. They all ran on the same (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) track under the same conditions, perhaps Ricky should run with the Outlaws next year instead, oh wait they don't pay as much money for the championship and Pierce would probably kick his azz anyway. You butt hurt folks continue on crying because between here and the Eldora fan pages on facebook I'm been enjoying the hell out of myself reading your post just knowing that you all more than likely have tears running down your face while typing. Better yet start your own national series and run it however you like and while your at it buy a race track as well and show us all how it's supposed to be done. :)

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
10-23-2023, 12:06 AM
That is a crying shame the carnival stunt that they pulled with this format. Rickey Thorton and his fans got cornwholed for sure with this sideshow ! !

So go burn some buildings down, knock down some statues, tell Aunt Jemima to go take a hike... That should make things all better? Lol

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
10-23-2023, 12:45 AM
LMFAO...... Poor Ricky Boo Focking Hoo, They all knew the format before the year started and ran Lucas anyway. As far as the lucky dog, the gas and go, it's all the same rules that guys have benefited from all year. They all ran on the same (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) track under the same conditions, perhaps Ricky should run with the Outlaws next year instead, oh wait they don't pay as much money for the championship and Pierce would probably kick his azz anyway. You butt hurt folks continue on crying because between here and the Eldora fan pages on facebook I'm been enjoying the hell out of myself reading your post just knowing that you all more than likely have tears running down your face while typing. Better yet start your own national series and run it however you like and while your at it buy a race track as well and show us all how it's supposed to be done. :)

https://youtu.be/syV2LkGpQB0?si=ZXsFx9uqoQeNE9n0

Smile

Mod Runner
10-23-2023, 01:49 AM
After reading the recap of the race on Inside Dirt Racing, it sounds like the race was quite unpredictable. Hudson Oneal made a championship move by passing Moran at the end. Congrats to Hudson on winning the Lucas Championship.

xray
10-23-2023, 03:42 AM
After reading the recap of the race on Inside Dirt Racing, it sounds like the race was quite unpredictable. Hudson Oneal made a championship move by passing Moran at the end. Congrats to Hudson on winning the Lucas Championship.

maybe they should just crown all four champion, or just play a round of poker and best hand wins.

Raceready
10-23-2023, 03:50 AM
maybe they should just crown all four champion, or just play a round of poker and best hand wins.Or crown the rightful Champion that truely won the crown and then later have a special 20 lap dash and pay out the extra money to the top 6 point racers as a bonus ? ? Oh wait : Thats only the most fair and common sense thing to do ? ?

riddle28
10-23-2023, 06:12 AM
the race was great, everyone knew the format when they signed up. My only complaint is Moran being pretty much gave the championship w/ 2 to go and he couldnt even keep hud behind him and then tried to blame him stepping on it on being too close to shepp lol he wasnt anywhere near him on the white flag. 84wedgie has to be the biggest whiner on this forum

nc mudcat
10-23-2023, 06:42 AM
They signed up for it because of the money. That should have no bearing, in my opinion.

ImCryn2
10-23-2023, 07:16 AM
the race was great, everyone knew the format when they signed up. My only complaint is Moran being pretty much gave the championship w/ 2 to go and he couldnt even keep hud behind him and then tried to blame him stepping on it on being too close to shepp lol he wasnt anywhere near him on the white flag. 84wedgie has to be the biggest whiner on this forum

I don't dislike Moran, but after his comments last night I don't think near as much of him as I once did. Find another sport to watch, really? He was 1000 points behind and was not a factor a majority of the season, is that what championships are made of?
I get that they all agreed to it by signing up, it still sucks that a guy who leads every positive stat in the series didn't end up the champion.

kidrock
10-23-2023, 07:29 AM
I have a feeling when Devin looks back at his comment he may regret that. I like Devin and still do. I'm not going to hold that against when the interview was right after an exciting finish where he had a chance to win the Championship. 1,000 points behind or not it was under the format they all agreed to

knot
10-23-2023, 08:19 AM
Oneal and Moran..the prodigal sons. I guess Essex and DJ are basking in the climax.

Raceready
10-23-2023, 08:54 AM
I don't dislike Moran, but after his comments last night I don't think near as much of him as I once did. Find another sport to watch, really? He was 1000 points behind and was not a factor a majority of the season, is that what championships are made of?I get that they all agreed to it by signing up, it still sucks that a guy who leads every positive stat in the series didn't end up the champion.I will find a new sport allright. That would be to only attend and watch WoO and Hell Tour late model events from now on ! !

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
10-23-2023, 09:45 AM
^you'll be pretty bored at them thar summer nat races, I'm think in. It's a cherry pickers honey hole... <

Raceready
10-23-2023, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS;2471735]^you'll be pretty bored at them thar summer nat races, I'm think in. It's a cherry pickers honey hole...

84wedge
10-23-2023, 12:32 PM
the race was great, everyone knew the format when they signed up. My only complaint is Moran being pretty much gave the championship w/ 2 to go and he couldnt even keep hud behind him and then tried to blame him stepping on it on being too close to shepp lol he wasnt anywhere near him on the white flag. 84wedgie has to be the biggest whiner on this forumTake another midol Karen

SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS
10-23-2023, 12:44 PM
Take another midol Karen

You're a whiner but yet somebody else is the Karen? Lol, typical libertarian at its finest...

Raceready
10-25-2023, 04:36 AM
[QUOTE=SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS;2471735]^you'll be pretty bored at them thar summer nat races, I'm think in. It's a cherry pickers honey hole...

Raceready
10-25-2023, 04:37 AM
[QUOTE=SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS;2471735]^you'll be pretty bored at them thar summer nat races, I'm think in. It's a cherry pickers honey hole... Money in the bank for that Pierce young'in ! !

Henry Every
10-25-2023, 04:07 PM
It's full nascar. They didn't have credibility to lose. I enjoyed the race, but I was against the format and having the DTWC at Eldora. To me having so many big shows at 1 track kinda erodes anything special about the events themselves. That said I was wishing either Billy Moyer and/or Dan Schleiper had been there in an old Rayburn swingarm.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-25-2023, 04:12 PM
I enjoyed the race, but I was against the format and having the DTWC at Eldora. To me having so many big shows at 1 track kinda erodes anything special about the events themselves. That said I was wishing either Billy Moyer and/or Dan Schleiper had been there in an old Rayburn swingarm.

A Rayburn swing arm with a big engine would have 100% won the steel block event.

Eldora now hosts what are arguably the 3 biggest events. It's definitely too many. It's too many even if they didn't have so much issue keeping the track raceable. It's been really bad for several years now.

Fast Wheels
10-25-2023, 09:37 PM
The reason for the lucky dog is that they are sending out lapped cars to the tail on the cautions. I would much rather see the leaders race together, without lapped cars in between on the restarts. So this rule is fair.

Moran never lapped Oneal. And maybe Oneal would have raced the leaders harder without the lucky dog.

The race was very entertaining both for the win and the championship.

It’s laughable that many people complain about Lucas being boring with her format, and when they do something to make it exciting manh people complain again. Race fans seem to be an unhappy. Bunch. The complain no matter what is done. So Lucas should just stick with what they did because it was a much better show.

Buford.Justice
10-26-2023, 04:55 PM
That is a crying shame the carnival stunt that they pulled with this format. Rickey Thorton and his fans got cornwholed for sure with this sideshow ! !

Thorton should recieve an official letter of apology, this was an injustice.

klemmabyna
10-26-2023, 06:03 PM
let's just simplify this. the champion of the series for the season got crowned champion due to a format designed to entertain, not the reward for a season's excellence. no one here is going to convince me o'neal, davenport, moran, or anyone else deserved to be called "2023 Lucas Oil Late Model Series Champion". Give them the big check. fine. just don't call them the 2023 Lucas Oil Late Model Series Champion.

We are all smarter than that.

Raceready
10-26-2023, 06:30 PM
Thorton should recieve an official letter of apology, this was an injustice.Yes he should. Its only a matter in between right and wrong.

Buford.Justice
10-26-2023, 08:07 PM
Yes he should. Its only a matter in between right and wrong.

Thornton I meant...

Thonton is the Champ, If it ain't broke don't fix it. Are young race fans this fickle? Are sponcers and head wheels off the rails like the NASCAR big whigs now?

NASCAR is a circus. Playoffs are not meant for racing.

The old point system should never have been messed with. I don't care if a driver wins the title three weeks before the season is over.

Raceready
10-26-2023, 09:06 PM
Thorton is who I meant. Such a debacle to give a championship to somebody who didn't lead the points like RTJ did.

kidrock
10-26-2023, 09:19 PM
Thornton I meant...

Thonton is the Champ, If it ain't broke don't fix it. Are young race fans this fickle? Are sponcers and head wheels off the rails like the NASCAR big whigs now?

NASCAR is a circus. Playoffs are not meant for racing.

The old point system should never have been messed with. I don't care if a driver wins the title three weeks before the season is over.

Do you need a tissue lol........................ Hudson won fair and square. Your 2023 Lucas Champ is Hudson O'neal and team Rocket. Do I feel bad for RTJ you bet I do.

kidrock
10-26-2023, 09:57 PM
Dang son! When you take a dislike'n onto someone , it don't matter whether you feel they're right or wrong, you just gonna dislike'n ........ Gotta laugh

You tell me where you see RTJ is the Champ. Last I seen it said Hudson O'neal your 2023 Lucas oil Champion. Like I said many times now I feel bad for RTJ and the whole team because they had a great year.

I mean honestly I was just wondering if he needed a tissue lol.....

84wedge
10-27-2023, 09:47 AM
Accordin gto the Lucas Oil site, Moran got 1470 points for the DTWC.