PDA

View Full Version : Top Dirt Track Facilities in the USA for amenities are...

ftfiowa
11-11-2023, 05:39 PM
in no particular order:
Dirt Track at Charlotte nc.
Dirt Track at Las Vegas nv.
Eldora oh.
Port Royal pa.
fairbury il.
Lucas Oil Spdwy MO.
Knoxville ia.
Husets sd.
Dirt Track at Texas(hopefully they buy devils bowl dirt)tx.
Vado nm.

edited to add:
Jackson mn.
Lernerville pa.
virginia motor spdwy va.
magnolia ms.
fairbury il.
clay county fairgrounds ia.

who else has a good facility?

heres some i dont feel qualify despite how popular they may be with fans
deer creek, no mens restrooms, poor lighting
boone, small stands ,concessions, restrooms, camping facilities subpar
mississippi thunder , no restrooms

how are the facilities at cedar lake wi. , florence ky., volusia fl. nowadays?

t4g2
11-11-2023, 05:44 PM
Fairbury poor facilities? More specific? If ur talking seating the only race that's a issue is 1 weekend a year.

Highside Hustler25
11-11-2023, 07:07 PM
Don't know how you could make a list without Cedar Lake towards the top.
Fairbury poor facilities? Not since Curl took over.

zyoung25
11-11-2023, 08:03 PM
Lawrenceburg is one of the good ones.

ftfiowa
11-11-2023, 09:16 PM
Don't know how you could make a list without Cedar Lake towards the top.

i asked about it...i havent been there in years so i dont know. thats why i asked about florence, cedar lake, & volusia

ftfiowa
11-11-2023, 09:21 PM
i dont think if you have porta johns, rickety wooden stands, etc that you can claim to have good amenities. lots of tracks produce great racing and the race track is the only great thing about the place. we all know those places. I'm wondering about a list of tracks with nice amenities that you could take a person who is new to racing , but is used to a nice facility. i dont think racing survives long term with out facility upgrades at a lot of places. thats why i started this thread. im not trying to put any tracks down. im literally just looking for "nice" facilities.

Tireguy17
11-11-2023, 11:26 PM
In my opinion, Jackson (MN) is a wonderful facility, Husets on a smaller scale.

ftfiowa
11-12-2023, 12:10 AM
In my opinion, Jackson (MN) is a wonderful facility, Husets on a smaller scale.

i almost added it orginally, i will do so now...thanx

dirtcrazy4u
11-12-2023, 05:56 AM
Lernerville has a great facility in my opinion. Clean restrooms, good food with variety of choicss, stands with very good site lines, pa system that actually works.

Pennsboro32
11-12-2023, 07:04 AM
Virginia Motor has a nice facility.

Highside Hustler25
11-12-2023, 10:36 AM
Davenport.

One Man Gang
11-12-2023, 12:06 PM
Magnolia Ms

EvelB7
11-12-2023, 12:23 PM
Wythe Raceway, nothing fancy but usable and a great view.

ftfiowa
11-12-2023, 03:20 PM
Obviously somebody's got Fairbury and Farmer City mixed up, and hasn't been to Fairbury, or not in a long time...

i was last there the year babb beat pierce late in the race & the little whiner got on the pa after the race & blamed his loss on the track tires being moved out during the race. i remember porta johns right next to the track, old stands on the front stretch, small concessions and poor parking. Once again we all know how the racing is top notch. yes the town supports the track superbly. please tell me what all has improved since i was there and be specific. thanx!

ftfiowa
11-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Davenport.

i think Davenport is close, but the p.a. system there is poor. if they upgraded that then it would be a overall nice facility with the upgrades made in the last few years. It certainly is a nice county fairgrounds overall.

WisWildManFan
11-12-2023, 03:24 PM
the dome has pretty nice facilities lol

Highside Hustler25
11-12-2023, 03:34 PM
Spumoni, a lot of changes since that race. Huge seating/standing area in pits. Multiple new building structures. About the only thing you can say is the front stretch grandstands but there's to much history and nostalgia there to tear it down I would hope.

t4g2
11-12-2023, 03:36 PM
Fairbury new bathroom on backstretch n frontstretch no Porta potties. Can't do much with parking as it's in middle of town. More food vendors n food trucks for concessions. An as I said that's only weekend any of above is a issue. Any other race night no problems.

ftfiowa
11-12-2023, 03:47 PM
Fairbury new bathroom on backstretch n frontstretch no Porta potties. Can't do much with parking as it's in middle of town. More food vendors n food trucks for concessions. An as I said that's only weekend any of above is a issue. Any other race night no problems.

ok good to hear! i will add to list

t4g2
11-12-2023, 03:54 PM
Def not top notch but they are constantly improving things esp pdc weekend. Bathrooms are nice the frontstretch restrooms has showers. An I always say slow n steady wins the race. Things takes time like last year they improved pits n area. Always work in progress.

Raceready
11-12-2023, 04:14 PM
Obviously somebody's got Fairbury and Farmer City mixed up, and hasn't been to Fairbury, or not in a long time...I like Fairbury { And not just because Bobby Pierce won all them races there} ! !

Raceready
11-12-2023, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS;2473281]^You was the first to whine right along with dirty dangerous bobby when them tars got the blame for his getting his ass handed to him... Smile Always an excuse... Lol[/QUOTE Just where is " FAIR " in Fairbury when they do Bobby wrong like that ? ?

Raceready
11-12-2023, 07:50 PM
Lol^^ whine on, fuzzy pants... GrinNot good for their image to have the same young man win all of the time . . .

DustinJ14
11-13-2023, 01:06 PM
The little-known Clay County Fair Speedway in Spencer, IA is a gorgeous fairgrounds facility and right in line with the others on this list.

pierceFAN
11-13-2023, 02:05 PM
im suprised Wheatland didnt make the list

ftfiowa
11-13-2023, 04:26 PM
im suprised Wheatland didnt make the list

I did... Lucas Oil Spdwy mo.

ftfiowa
11-13-2023, 04:27 PM
The little-known Clay County Fair Speedway in Spencer, IA is a gorgeous fairgrounds facility and right in line with the others on this list.

you are correct! im from iowa & i forgot to put spencer on here, tho the concessions arent great(godfathers pizza=yuck lol)

stock car driver
11-13-2023, 05:08 PM
Are you talking about from the FAN perspective or racer?

Knoxville sucks as a racer no place to watch the races, even on top of my toter, toters are in the way.

Talladega Short Track was good from racer perspective, had stands in pits all flat ground good line up area etc.

Eagle Nebraska would be top of my list from racer and fan perspective, though as a racer the assigned paid for parking sux.

fryefan
11-14-2023, 12:16 AM
Wheatland is by far the best.

Dlmfan123
11-14-2023, 07:54 AM
Port royal is at the top of my list. Extremely clean bathrooms with people taking care of them all night. Pavement all over the property. Beautiful views and a phenomenal race track

klemmabyna
11-14-2023, 10:25 AM
simplest way to rate a facility: is the women's restroom nice enough your mother, wife, girlfriend, etc. would return for another race.

BVogtjr30
11-14-2023, 05:39 PM
Sharon Speedway is top notch when it comes to food, cleanliness, and the track surface is almost always smooth and racy. Definitely one of the nicer ones I’ve ever been to

riddle28
11-15-2023, 06:08 AM
duck river has really nice restrooms and tower, they upgraded to led lighting over last winter, pretty nice pits

jhanson
11-15-2023, 12:15 PM
Cedar Lake---and every year they keep adding more things--nice when they plow money back into the operation. I think they have somewhere close to 1,000 camping spots, all told. I think it is at least 800 ---I'm 74 so I hope I am remembering correctly ---the indoor facility is a plus for cycles, carts, etc. in winter---ran street stocks in there once but got a bit smokey as I remember ---midgets work well in there if I remember correctly

jlacey
11-15-2023, 01:02 PM
-Port Royal is by far the best of any track I've personally been to. I haven't seen a bad race there yet in any division. Great food with many different options to choose from, nice grandstands. You definitely know you're at a race track the second you pull in, some tracks don't have that feel even once you go through the gates.
-Volusia, same as above. I've only been there during speedweeks so I don't know how it is for the rest of the year.
-The Dirt Track at Charlotte, only been for the world finals but would like to see a couple more races run there every year.
-VMS, great track and facilities, just needs to fill under the grandstands with some more vendors and food options. Worse thing about that track is that it's out in the middle of nowhere.

d-glenn
11-26-2023, 09:41 AM
Magnolia
Plenty of free camping...

jog49
11-27-2023, 01:54 AM
A friend was on a work assignment in Tulsa last year and found a really nice facility in that vicinity, about an hour away, and was impressed. Don't recall its name.
Aways like VMS and Charlotte but would sit on a stump and pee in the woods to see a good race. Well, actually, I have done that!

Highside Hustler25
11-27-2023, 04:37 AM
^I stand on a uke tire and pee behind the haulers at Spoon.

Buford.Justice
11-27-2023, 04:23 PM
Thank you so much for that very important information!!!!

Raceready
11-27-2023, 04:36 PM
^i stand on a uke tire and pee behind the haulers at spoon.^^^^^^ t m i ^^^^^^